Rate Smackdown: 11/01/19

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How awesome was Smackdown?

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Welcome to the Smackdown Rate thread. Unfortunately, Jacob Fox inexplicably got himself stuck in an airport in Saudi Arabia due to mechanical issues and was not able to make it to the forum in time. Luckily, Mr NXT himself, yours truly Jeffry Fucking Mason, got the call from the man and is stepping in at the last minute for Mr. Fox. We at WWEForums send him all our best wishes. Are y'all ready for the bloodlusT Revolution invasion? Join me for this historic invasion episode of Smackdown, and as always, feel free to leave your rating and discuss below.

With a big part of the roster and crew stuck in Saudi Arabia due to either mechanical issues or an elaborate conspiracy theory involving the SA government holding them hostage in order to get an upper hand on President Trump, depending on which side you believe, we go into this show only knowing one match and the promise of a Brock appearance. We have Aiden English, Tom Phillips, and Renee Dupree Young filling in on commentary tonight.

Speaking of Brock, he opens the show with Heyman doing the talking as per usual. He declares that Brock has quit Smackdown and will be heading to Raw. Cameras follow their exit, and we see Triple H and Shawn Michaels enter as they leave.

Bayley (c) successfully defends her Women's Title against Nikki Cross thanks in part to help from her bestest buddy Sasha.

After the match, Shayna Basler enters through the crowd and beats the crap out of all of them.

Backstage, Sami Zayn is being interviewed, when he gets interrupted by NXT's BRO-wn Matt Riddle and Keith Lee. After some clever coward heel Zayn stuff, he runs away claiming to be getting his NXT shirt from his car. Riddle and Lee chase him to the ring, where Riddle hits the Bro Derrick and Lee hits possibly his best looking moonsault to date.

Pat McAffee is on commentary now for some reason and oh my god is this guy fucking awful as usual.

Miz TV is up next as the only other semi-announced thing on this show. His original guest was going to be the Fiend, but apparently even split personality demon creature things can get held up at airports. Speaking of which... do yourself a favor and just take a moment to imagine The Fiend's character replacing Tom Hanks in The Terminal... you're welcome. Anyway, Miz decides that he's going to just interview himself. He speaks for a minute and they show a recap of Fiend vs Seth from yesterday. After this, TOMMASO FUCKING CIAMPA comes out and talks about taking his opportunity. They go back and forth in a very heated and quick segment leading to a match.

Tommaso Ciampa defeats The Miz via pinfall after the Fairy Tale Ending in a back and forth match.

Backstage, Daniel Bryan approaches Triple H, saying he's looking for a fight. Triple H says he didn't bring his gear and doesn't like wrestling in a suit, but he knows someone who does have their gear. A historic first time match is made between D-Bry and Adam Cole (BAYBAY) AND IT'S FOR THE NXT TITLE!

Return from break with Fire and Desire in the ring. Carmella's music plays for a minute but nothing. Camera cuts to the back and we are shown Bianca Belair beating down Carmella and Dana Brooke. Rhea Ripley and Tegan Nox make their way down to the ring to fill in their place, and completely dominated Sonya and Mandy, quickly winning the match via submission with Rhea's kickass inverted cloverleaf.

Steph came out to put over the Women's Evolution and they played another video package covering the historic women's match in Saudi Arabia.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels are seated ringside for the main event.

Speaking of historic...In the main event we have what is, to my knowledge at least, a first time ever match between Daniel Bryan and Adam Cole. It is also the first time the NXT Title is defended on Smackdown. After a 20+ minute war, Adam Cole successfully defended his title via pinfall after the Panama Sunrise and the Last Shot.

After the match, the NXT roster gathered in the ring and celebrated. Triple H cut a promo declaring that NXT is his army, and they just fired the first shot against Raw and Smackdown.

WEARENXT

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
You did ask him first before doing this..right?

Anyway I really enjoyed the show tonight, though maybe thats because it was NXT beating the crap out of smackdown superstars lol

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
You did ask him first before doing this..right?

Anyway I really enjoyed the show tonight, though maybe thats because it was NXT beating the crap out of smackdown superstars lol
Of course I did, who do you think called me from the Saudi Arabia airport to cover for him?

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
8/10 for me

I don't have the time to give my reasons. Other than this - I called it

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Whether this whole "mechanical issues" stuff was a work or not is still to be seen... what I do know is that if it wasn't a work then whoever thought to put together this show the way they did is a fucking genius. A great show from start to finish.. NXT exhibited why they are the best brand in WWE now.. Miz/Ciampo was a great match.. Baszler kicking everyone's ass was fun.. Ripley/Knox dominating was fun to watch... but Bryan vs Cole was sensational... 5 star match and the best match aired on RAW or Smackdown all year.

I really hope NXT shows up at RAW on Monday... could be an interesting show if that happens.

8/10 for tonight's episode of Smackdown.

• Haha
Reactions: bullyballmm

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The Miz cutting that promo made it abundantly clear that ciampha was out of yes depth. Moz has been growing hes character for over a decade and he truly is a fantastic character. Kinda highlighted how far these nxt stars have to do to establish their characters to the wider audience.

People who don't watch nxt must be thinking who the fuck are these guys. I do not think this is the best way to introduce all these characters to the wider audience.

Gonna be a rocky next couple months for wwe creatively.

Very entertained show though. Lots of great wrestling.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
People who don't watch nxt must be thinking who the fuck are these guys. I do not think this is the best way to introduce all these characters to the wider audience.
Why is them coming in and immediately proving that they are not only a threat to Smackdown, but coming in as a united front, not the best way to introduce these characters? If they just kinda showed up and people's first impressions of them were that they're just a bunch of losers, then what interest does that create regarding NXT's involvement in Survivor Series? Or in the bigger picture, regarding NXT as an equal third brand? Bringing in NXT to dominate and/or compete as equals with the main roster talent in one night accomplished exactly what it needed to, and being backed by Triple H and his declaration of war to cap the show only solidified NXT as a serious brand to watch going forward

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why is them coming in and immediately proving that they are not only a threat to Smackdown, but coming in as a united front, not the best way to introduce these characters? If they just kinda showed up and people's first impressions of them were that they're just a bunch of losers, then what interest does that create regarding NXT's involvement in Survivor Series? Or in the bigger picture, regarding NXT as an equal third brand? Bringing in NXT to dominate and/or compete as equals with the main roster talent in one night accomplished exactly what it needed to, and being backed by Triple H and his declaration of war to cap the show only solidified NXT as a serious brand to watch going forward
Sure Adam Cole wins a big match. But the fan who doesn't watch nxt is still thinking wtf. So you gotta fo more work. How about introducing a character from the very start on the main roster and tell their story. We have seen a bagillion of nxt call ups being brought up and they instantly start winning. Yeah cool. But what's the story/character. The nxt call ups that have done well were introduced with a story built round them. I see lots of call ups last night. All around the bollocks survivor series brand warfare stuff that neglects storytelling ever since it was introduced. Feel bad for them. It's good for nxt as a brand but it ain't that great for the individual characters. Nice to know they will be back in nxt when this is over.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Sure Adam Cole wins a big match. But the fan who doesn't watch nxt is still thinking wtf. So you gotta fo more work. How about introducing a character from the very start on the main roster and tell their story. We have seen a bagillion of nxt call ups being brought up and they instantly start winning. Yeah cool. But what's the story/character. The nxt call ups that have done well were introduced with a story built round them. I see lots of call ups last night. All around the bollocks survivor series brand warfare stuff that neglects storytelling ever since it was introduced. Feel bad for them. It's good for nxt as a brand but it ain't that great for the individual characters. Nice to know they will be back in nxt when this is over.
That's just it, though. There are no more call-ups. NXT is a third brand now, and this is the first big move to ensure that it is taken seriously as such (though I suppose the TV deal, Breezango and Finn going to NXT, and 205 Live becoming part of it could all be considered the real first big moves.) The call-ups now are gonna be coming from EVOLVE.

What's the story? NXT is here and they are to be taken seriously as a threat. What more story do you need? Tonight was the introduction of NXT as a whole, there was no need for them to introduce individual characters. That can come later, and has already been done in weeks prior since NXT aired on a major network in a prime timeslot. This is more or less what the Invasion should have been, or what WWECW should have been, except it seems to be done right this time thus far and it doesn't appear that they will have the same hiccups as those two scenarios. The Alliance was never going to be taken seriously because Vince wanted to show off his dominance towards WCW and ECW, and in addition, their "roster" consisted of a bunch of midcard nobodies who were booked to be somehow even lower than that any time they were fighting people from WWF. And WWECW was mostly filled with rookies and was treated as a nothing brand, with the only serious threats to Raw or Smackdown really being Big Show and Bobby Lashley. WWE was made to look dominant from the beginning in both scenarios. I don't see that with this NXT thing, because they're actually invested in NXT as a third brand and serious contender. They just got a new TV deal, as did Smackdown. If anything, it will be Raw that ends up "suffering" the most in this situation simply because they have the least to lose or prove.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Much thanks to Jeff for picking up the slack because I haven't been feeling great.
Thank goodness you made it back safe from Saudi Arabia, Jacob. ;)

Like I said man, it's no problem at all, especially since I don't work Friday nights so I don't have to leave immediately afterwards like other shows during the week. It is an honor that you entrust me with filling your shoes for these couple shows (and no that's not a foot fetish joke). Hope I did you proud. And in all seriousness, I'm happy to help any time to take a little pressure off you so you can rest and hopefully feel a little better. Your health comes before anything else