• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown 10/25/2019

Rate Smackdown

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1572047426904.png

Miz TV

Team Hogan and Team Flair were in the ring. Hogan told another one of his lies, claiming that Ric Flair never defeated him. He seemed to forget in his advanced age that Flair actually defeated Hogan in his first match with Hogan. And during his first WWE run, Hogan lost every match he had with Flair. Flair also made Hogan tap out to the figure four and beat him for the WCW champion in their last championship match.

The two teams bickered until Hogan's team challenged Flair's team to a match. Sammy Zayn told Hogan he would consider it but he replaced himself with Cesaro. There was a brawl that left Hogan's team standing in the ring.

The New day vs Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode

Roode and Ziggler won by pin fall

Lacey Evans vs Cameron Connors

Lacey won by pin fall

Firefly FunHouse

Bray Wyatt rebuilt the fun house. Apparently Ramblin' Rabbit died in the fire. Bray and the puppets talk about him. Wyatt takes the bloody corpse of Ramblin Rabbit out of the casket and kisses it. Yowie Wowie! Ramblin' Rabbit came back to life. After telling Ramblin' Rabbit that he is safe in the fun house, Mercy the Buzzard eats Ramblin Rabbit.

Dru Gulak vs Kalisto

Kalisto won by pin fall

Before the match, Gulak badmouthed Braun Strowman. After the match, Strowman came to the ring and destroyed Gulak. He went on the mic and told Tyson Fury that Gulak belonged in the ring and Fury does not.

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan came to the ring and was asked if he was going to restart the Yes Movement. Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura came to the ring and tried to talk Bryan into remaining as the New Daniel Bryan. Zayn offered a handshake but Bryan refused and left the ring.

Nikki Cross vs Mandy Rose

Nikki won by pin fall

Brock Lesnar and Cain Velazquez

They were supposed to meet face to face in the ring, but instead Lesnar and Heyman remained in the back. And they beat up Rey Mysterio's son Dominick again. After the commercial, while a doctor was looking at Domminick and Rey was over acting, Lesnar attacked and hit Cain with a can, F 5ed Rey and F 5ed Cain on Dominick.

Team Flair King Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro vs Team Hogan Roman Reigns, Chad Gable and Ali

Team Hogan won when Roman speared Cesaro but let Ali perform his finisher for the pin fall.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The show was pretty good. There were things I liked:

1. Main event was really fun to watch and Chad Gable got a lot of good time in it.
2. Firefly Funhouse made me laugh
3. Sami Zayne gave a great promo.
4. Roman let sexy Ali get the pin fall
5. Ali's tights

Things I didn't like:

1. Why did Rey Mysterio bring his son to an arena that he knew Brock Lesnar was in and leave him alone?
2. They are making Lesnar look like a coward.
3. The other matches other the main event were average.

Things I hated

1. This Shorty G nonsense
2. Chad Gable's ring gear.
3. Hulk Hogan lying about Flair never defeating him. During his first run in WWF, Flair beat Hogan not only in their first match EVER, but in many other house show matches. At Clash of the Champions, Flair made Hulk Hogan submit to the figure four. Of course, then Hogan took it back but Flair still won the match.
4. Flair beat Hulk Hogan for the WCW championship in 1999. This was the last time in history these two faced each other for the belt and Flair WON.

The rest I was indifferent to.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Hello and welcome to the only show where a guy claims his height doesnt define him while changing his name to shorty....

....ITS FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN......

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Why did Rey Mysterio bring his son to an arena that he knew Brock Lesnar was in and leave him alone?
Dominik is an adult. He could of travelled to the show without rey knowing because he wanted to be there.

Hello and welcome to the only show where a guy claims his height doesnt define him while changing his name to shorty....

....ITS FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN......
By addressing the insecurity it shows how much it doesn't defy him. Basic shit. It's like when someone points out an imperfection about themselves before someone else does.

The Daniel Bryan cross roads story is so good and I'm surprised wwe gave the creative capacity to even identify it. Bryan shouldn't go back to the yes movement. He needs to move forward. Zayn did a great promo.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
By addressing the insecurity it shows how much it doesn't defy him. Basic shit. It's like when someone points out an imperfection about themselves before someone else does.
Except people were calling him shorty before he said anything, they kept calling him shorty, and so he embraced being short and changed his name to shorty G, yet hes not letting his height define him? despite changeing his name as a result of being called short? his whole thing now about being short?

Here is a thought, instead of changeing his name to shorty G, keep his name Chad Gable, and when he says his height wont define him, remind everyone he was legit a Olympian, so why not focus on that prestigious honor rather then changing your name to something that reflects your height when you just said it doesnt define you?

Reactions: Red Rain

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Overall a very throwaway, formulaic show, with an uninspiring build for the Saudi matches. Bryan vs Shinsuke is for me probably the most exciting thing happening in the company currently. The downfall of Wyatt continues with a very disappointing, and rather cringy Fun House episode. Sadly you can see that creative is getting more, and more control over these segments. The Brock segment was the only part of the show worth watching, the rest is easily skipable.

4/10 - Hopefully these uninspiring episodes end after Crown Jewel for both shows, because currently both Raw and Smackdown are just not worth watching.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Overall a very throwaway, formulaic show, with an uninspiring build for the Saudi matches. Bryan vs Shinsuke is for me probably the most exciting thing happening in the company currently. The downfall of Wyatt continues with a very disappointing, and rather cringy Fun House episode. Sadly you can see that creative is getting more, and more control over these segments. The Brock segment was the only part of the show worth watching, the rest is easily skipable.

4/10 - Hopefully these uninspiring episodes end after Crown Jewel for both shows, because currently both Raw and Smackdown are just not worth watching.
I think you are being harsh on the firefly funhouse. I dont know how you can think that this was anymore cringe then any other episode. Last weeks episode was very cringey tho. But looking at all of the episode as a whole, I think it's been very consistent.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think you are being harsh on the firefly funhouse. I dont know how you can think that this was anymore cringe then any other episode. Last weeks episode was very cringey tho. But looking at all of the episode as a whole, I think it's been very consistent.
A lot of it is cringy by design true, but the previous ones had the seriousness to balance it all out. The silliness never bothered me up to this point tbh, but in this episode it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Also this segment lacked any meaning or substance. It felt like having a Fun House segment just for the sake of it. They obviously had no idea how to follow up on the negative reception of Rollins burning the Fun House down, so they decided to play it safe.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
A lot of it is cringy by design true, but the previous ones had the seriousness to balance it all out. The silliness never bothered me up to this point tbh, but in this episode it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Also this segment lacked any meaning or substance. It felt like having a Fun House segment just for the sake of it. They obviously had no idea how to follow up on the negative reception of Rollins burning the Fun House down, so they decided to play it safe.
I think it had a bucket load of meaning and purpose. You can't burn down and physically destroy Bray wyatt. The mind games will continue. it also serves as metaphor for how many times Bray has been buried and revived

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think it had a bucket load of meaning and purpose. You can't burn down and physically destroy Bray wyatt. The mind games will continue. it also serves as metaphor for how many times Bray has been buried and revived
Well if Ramblin Rabbit was used as a metaphor for Brays career, then he is pretty much fucked. Because as soon as the rabbit got revived, he got eaten/buried again.

Makes sense to some degree actually, but I think you are reading into it too much. This is WWE after all, and they will probably go the route of him being a supernatural voodoo man, who can actually heal talking puppets, and bring them back to life.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Well if Ramblin Rabbit was used as a metaphor for Brays career, then he is pretty much fucked. Because as soon as the rabbit got revived, he got eaten/buried again.
Yeah that sums up brays career quite well.

Makes sense to some degree actually, but I think you are reading into it too much. This is WWE after all, and they will probably go the route of him being a supernatural voodoo man, who can actually heal talking puppets, and bring them back to life.
I think Bray stills has a bit of creative freedom and from the very start we the viewer are meant to look deeply into these segments. but you are right. Everyone can see the people in control have no clue what they are doing

Reactions: TheprofileofJericho

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Dominik is an adult. He could of travelled to the show without rey knowing because he wanted to be there.

Dominick is not an employee of WWE story wise. He is neither considered a wrestler nor a backstage employee. Therefore he can only be there behind stage if he was there with his father, who is an employee.

So Rey would be stupid to bring him somewhere he knew Lesnar would be and then leave him alone.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Except people were calling him shorty before he said anything, they kept calling him shorty, and so he embraced being short and changed his name to shorty G, yet hes not letting his height define him? despite changeing his name as a result of being called short? his whole thing now about being short?

Here is a thought, instead of changeing his name to shorty G, keep his name Chad Gable, and when he says his height wont define him, remind everyone he was legit a Olympian, so why not focus on that prestigious honor rather then changing your name to something that reflects your height when you just said it doesnt define you?

You are absolutely correct.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Dominick is not an employee of WWE story wise. He is neither considered a wrestler nor a backstage employee. Therefore he can only be there behind stage if he was there with his father, who is an employee.
How do you know the fictional procedures of who can and cannot be backstage lol?