Rate Royal Rumble 2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Royal Rumble

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I was kinda worried for Goldberg when he took a knee on that ramp he was tired out.

He definitely needs to retire

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I was kinda worried for Goldberg when he took a knee on that ramp he was tired out.

He definitely needs to retire
I think he'll do a mania and be done with it, but I agree. I was worried about having another scenario where he almost paralyzes someone with a jackhammer

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
After thinking about it, Edge is obviously going to go after Roman. The only thing that might change this is if for some reason Orton takes the WWE Championship belt off Drew.

Roman is the big heel right now. But he really doesn't have a Wrestlemania opponent. I know there had been talks of the Rock being that opponent, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Not only do I doubt it, it would absolutely result in Roman retaining the belt. Rock would put him over, not be the hero who defeats the bad guy.

Edge is the feel good story WWE has right now. A man who came back from a career ending injury to only be injured again a few months into his comeback. He retired the night after winning the championship and has a chance to win it back. He comes back AGAIN, beats the SHIT out of the guy who put him on the shelf, and then wins the Rumble.

If they want a major face to take on their main heel, right now, Edge is the best choice.

Now, I might not have had this opinion before the Rumble match. But the last man standing botch coupled with KO's great performance, showed us that this was intended to be the last match of the Roman/KO rivalry. The absence of Keith Lee in the match ruled him out as a plan. And honestly it seems like this is their intent.

Just what I am seeing.

Reactions: edge4ever

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
After thinking about it, Edge is obviously going to go after Roman. The only thing that might change this is if for some reason Orton takes the WWE Championship belt off Drew.

Roman is the big heel right now. But he really doesn't have a Wrestlemania opponent. I know there had been talks of the Rock being that opponent, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Not only do I doubt it, it would absolutely result in Roman retaining the belt. Rock would put him over, not be the hero who defeats the bad guy.

Edge is the feel good story WWE has right now. A man who came back from a career ending injury to only be injured again a few months into his comeback. He retired the night after winning the championship and has a chance to win it back. He comes back AGAIN, beats the SHIT out of the guy who put him on the shelf, and then wins the Rumble.

If they want a major face to take on their main heel, right now, Edge is the best choice.

Now, I might not have had this opinion before the Rumble match. But the last man standing botch coupled with KO's great performance, showed us that this was intended to be the last match of the Roman/KO rivalry. The absence of Keith Lee in the match ruled him out as a plan. And honestly it seems like this is their intent.

Just what I am seeing.
I think Owens and Reigns will have their last match on Smackdown.

Hopefully no Handcuffs!

But this was supposed to be there last match.

Notice that Jey Uso wasn't involved. So it was supposed to be a man to man fight to the finish

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well this was an interesting adventure.

Skipped the preshow but saw the clips in the Rumble match of Charlotte destroying both girls and needing Liberty Belle to interfere twice to win. And, that's why I skipped the preshow. At least Ric Flair's weirdly able to pull this off, idk it just makes me laugh.

Mcintyre and Goldberg... okay, confession, I'm actually a fan of Oldberg, ha. If they want to throw a Goldberg squash in a PPV card and let him kill The Miz or somebody I'd want to watch it that much more, but I don't care about him in a title match. Sometimes (vs Brock) his finisher spam sprints are really fun, this wasn't one of those. It was just choppy and Drew leaning so far down to hit that random Spear was good. At least he retained. Next

After she really impressed me at TLC, Carmella's performance had a step back here. Her and Sasha had a pretty good match here, but not much to add outside of DON'T KILL YOURSELF

Women's rumble... During the first 25 entrants, all I could say is wow. They've stockpiled SO MUCH TALENT here. There's awesome athletes/wrestlers like Bayley, Naomi, Bianca. So many improving talents like Mandy and Lacey. Everyone who entered I was either happy to see or they used well. Popped for Victoria and Rhea especially. Even just as someone who watches strictly PPV's the 24/7 thing was fun. I feel like it really started to fall apart in the end though, Nia's quick turn on Tamina, Nia's brawl with Shayna where they used camera cuts to avoid showing any strikes, Nia and Shayna just seeming like an awful team and total waste of Shayna, Lana seeming totally underconfident with everything she did, Alexa Bliss's awful gimmick (though Rhea slamming her was awesome), Natalya wasting #30, Charlotte Flair having to be superhuman... Still, when it came down to Rhea and Bianca it all became worth it. That exchange in the end was SO MUCH FUN and it had me on the edge of my seat, by the end I was jumping up and down. Bianca vs Sasha at Mania, sign me up, and the promo afterwards was really emotional. Fun stuff here, and also Nia Jax.

My feed cut out during Reigns vs Owens but this feud has been awesome at getting Owens over in defeat as this desperate scrappy dad. More stuff like this, WWE, please.

As for the men's royal rumble... it was a mixed bag. There were a lot of guys from the ex-NXT graveyard I was kinda sad to see here, as half the match I just want to see in AEW/NJPW. Wasted re-signings like Hardy and Morrison. But the match was still fun all things considered. A few guys like Lashley and Big E looked absolutely dominant here. The Omos thing was trash. Christian's return was AWESOME, and I didn't recognize half the theme music in the match - seriously wtf was that with Rollins - and Bryan had some awesome exchanges with guys amongst the standard punch/kick stuff. Thought it was a Bryan/Sheamus or bust year, but when we got down to the final 4 (5) and both of those were gone, my head was kinda swimming with ideas about matches. Rollins vs Reigns is long overdue but both heels. Strowman's unlikely but revisiting that feud is at least fun. Edge and Drew could be fun since Orton's stuck dealing with Bray Wyatt's carnival of suckage and Christian...sorry bro lol. Edge winning... made it exciting at least? And he's still a full-timer and seems like he can still go. I almost want to dislike this more than I do because it's another guy from the late 90's in a big spot, but... No matter which guy he faces it's a fresh matchup? Still I wonder who the other title's challenger would be, and how that would be a better use of the Rumble. Shoulda been Bryan.

8/10 says I.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

Just what I am seeing.
Yeah, edge facing Roman is the better choice, too. It’s major face vs. major heel, spear vs spear and legend vs future legend.

Any ways, I thought the PPV was good.

-Goldberg and Drew. Knew it was gonna suck and be dumb. But for being short and dumb, not as terrible as I thought it would be.
-KO and Roman. Ya know, the match itself was good. But, what pissed me off really bad, was before Roman threw KO off the stage TV people area, KO hit him with his fatass stunner and Roman just stood there barely selling, and then countered, hit a Superman punch, and just chucked him off the stage like it was nothing and still did no selling really. Dumb. If you’re going to use a move like the stunner as your finisher, it needs to be a little better protected than that, especially given the fact that he’s knocked Roman out with it several times and nearly beaten him with it.
-I forgot about the tag match bs. Stupid.
-Womens rumble had good moments and it was nice seeing what’s her name win. Nice change of pace.
-Men’s rumble was a good main event finish. Edge entered at number 1, which did make me wonder if he would actually win it, or just come close and give an unforgettable effort. He won in good fashion—him and orton—and the teaming with Christian was nice, too. I think it would’ve been nice to see the final 3 be DB, Styles, and Edge though. That would’ve really made everyone think... “damn, who’s gonna win this?” And they could’ve done tons of very close calls and crazy back forth Shit with those 3; could’ve had DB and Styles get too engrossed with out wrestling each other, then Edge, being the opportunist that he is, capitalizes and throws them both out at the same time.

Good show, good matches, not a bad rumble.

8 out of 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Owens was hit by that cart, it should have been over
I agree with this, especially since they did it so well. There's been a lot of run down spots, recently in AEW, and I don't think I've ever seen one done so well, at least done so well without the need of a stunt double. It should've been the end, without a doubt. I don't really understand the idea behind the cuffs, since it didn't make Owens look stronger but it also didn't make Reigns look stronger to have his manager save him. It was a useless way to end the match since Owens has baby nuts and took a year to recover from the low blow and got choked out. The forklift spot was overkill too.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
I think the general reaction to this show and the card itself was overjoyed. For the most part the fans really took it in from what was given
BUT edge being old and fragile earning the spot over bryan may not be the best option to others who wanted brayn to win instead of edge.