Rate RAW! 9/30/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Did You Think Of Raw?

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
RATE RAW.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the Rate Raw and Raw Recap! tonight is a huge night, not only is it the go home show for Raw leading into Hell In A Cell, but its the season premiere of Raw! this whole week is jam packed and me and Jacob got you covered throughout the week! and it all begisn tonight!

I will be recaping Raw tonight aswell as AEWs debut show Dynamite on Wednesday! and following AEW Jacob will watch and then post the NXT recap and rate thread for that on the same night!, and then on thursday i will be giving all the details on the first week of the AEW and NXT battle! and finally on Friday jacob will be covering Smackdowns debut on Fox!

So in short the schedule looks something like this going forward!

Monday - Raw Recap by Me
Wednesday - AEW Recap by me - NXT Recap by Jacobfox
Thursday - NXT VS AEW Update
Friday - Smackdown on Fox Recap by Jacobfox

And ofcourse i will be recaping the PPV this sunday at Hell in A Cell.

What a time to be a wrestling fan! so as always my friends rate in the poll above share your thoughts below, as we start off this crazy week with me recaping raw! Enjoy the Show!

Rey Mysterio Kicks off the show

So rey mysterio kicks off the show, i had some tech issues so i cant recall everything he said, but most importantly Raw is here and live, a brand new set, pyro flames lazers and everything inbetween, its a big show, but as Rey says hes gonna bring the universal title home, Brock Lesnars music hits, crowds going nuts, heyman and lesnar come down, heyman is about to say something, but rey snatches the mic, and just before rey can get a word in brock hits the F5.

Brock htis a second F5 and then hes standing in the ring, and then he sees reys son dominic in the crowd, brock gets out of the ring and walks up to dominic. brock gets close and dominic sits down. then brock grabs dominic and throws him over the barricade, he picks him up and slams him into the ring post and then lays him out. Brock slings him in the ring brock picks dominc up and hits a german suplex, rey tries to hit brock but he lays him out with another F5. Noteably no seth rollins to save rey, atleast for now. Brock finally leaves the ring and walks back up the ramp, atleast for a moment, i should say dio maden and vic joseph and jerry lawler are a million times better then micheal cole.

Brock gets back in the ring hits rey and dominc with more german suplexs, tosses them both like rag dolls. brock leaves but comes back and lays them out again, he celebrates and then leaves as we go to commercial.

We come back and get a replay and shown what happened dureing the break, dominic was put on a strecher rey is in tears, repeatingly saying hes sorry, hes sorry, great stuff.

Next up we got sasha banks in action.

Sasha Banks VS Alexa Bliss

after sasha and alexa make their entrance, Beckys music hits, and she joins us on commentary. And we get this match underway.

Unfortunately i had tech issues so i didnt get to recpa much of it, but it wasnt very long at all, sasha attacked Alexas injured leg for the pin, becky comes down they brawl a little, sasha runs becky gets a mic, says where are ya runnin sasha we were just getting started, she says you made it personal, im gonna make it painful, she claims retrobution is coming. and now we go to commercial.

We got seth rollins backstage says all eh can think about si what brock did to rey and dominic, seth says hes disgusted and dissapointed. (notably not with himself seeing as he did nothing to help rey.) he says he doesnt know how to game plan for somethign like the fiend, but at the cell hes gonna survive and previel. reys in no condition to compete, but he will still defend the universal title, he just doesnt know against who.

Next up, tag team action.

Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler VS Heavy Machinary. Raw Tag tTam Championships.

We got a lockup between tucker and dolph and tucker get the upper hand, otis tags in crowd cheers, but dolph gets the upper hand as we go to commercial, or atleast i assume that last bit happened, had to refresh stream lol.

So yeah i had even more issues, fun times! dang it man, i had so many issues i couldnt even see most fo the match, so here is reagmaster to recap the match!

"Dobert vs Machines that are heavy. STUFF HAPPENED AND OTIS GOT PROTECTED BECAUSE HE IS SOMEHOW THE SHAWN OF THE TEAM"

And there ya go, thanks reag! now on with the show, we got miz TV.

Miz TV with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan.

Hogan praises ric but ric actually goes a bit heel, and says aint nobody cant touch him in the ring, and it seems like they are gonna fight, but they are just kidding, but they say they might be able to add one mor epage to their legacy, and then miz announces at crown jewel, Ric Flair will have a team of 5, and Hulk Hogan will have a team of 5 and they will face eachother. Hulk Hogan made his team captian Seth Rollins, and RIc Flair made his team captian Randy orton.

Randy and Seth come out respectively as ric and hogan call them out, and this result sin a captina vs captian match, notably not for the universal title, that will be later.

However before the match can start, baron corbins music hits, here comes king corbin, seths distract orton attacks seth and both end up double teaming seth but now here comes rusev, we got rusev day chants as Rusev lays them out with seth,

So it seems flairs team is Randy Orton and Baron Corbin, and then Hogans team is Seth Rollisn and Rusev.

after rusev challenges seth rollisn backstage, we got a AOP promo again. they speak in their language and they sound a million times better, the subtitles are worth it. Next up, Viking raiders ar ein action.

The Viking Raiders VS The O.C.

So these teams do some back and forth, they have some decent action, unfortunately more stuff comes up so im unable to recap this part of the match, the first beginning part atleast, its what youd expect atleast.

We come back and the OC is in control luke gallows tags in and hits a neck breaker for the near fall. more tech issues on my end, yay...

it ends with ivar leaping out of the ring to take out anderson, and then after laying out gallows they hit a dive from the top rope onto gallows for the pin.

next up we got cesaro backstage saying what lesnar did wasnt criminal infact he liked it, and if he saw rey and his son he would- and then ricochet comes in, alots of high pitched sounds, implying alot of women and young kids like ricochet, he gives the most generic promo ive ever heard and they are gonna have a match next.

Ricochet VS Cesaro

This match starts fast they go back and forth, Cesaro hits a sick elbow and Ricochets down, and as cesaro charges him ricochet sends cesaro flying out fo the ring, then ricochet does a dive, they are both back in the ring and cesaro quickly takes control, hes got ricochet ina headlock but ricochet fights out.

Cesaro lifted Ricochet up and dropped his head right on cesaros knee, brutal move for a nearfall. ricochets in the corner cesaro charges runs into the ring post, ricochet kicks him away and leaps from the top rope and hits a wicked hurrican ranna for the surprise pin.

Next up its time for another episode of The Firefly Fun house!

Firefly Fun House.

Abby the witch huskis the pig mercy the buzzard and rabbling rabbit look terrifyed, they are scared and afraid. Something happens to rabbit and he seems dead, which bray confirms then says ohwell and tosses rabbit away! he says yowie wowie!

next up, The united states title is on the line.

Cedric Alexander VS AJ Styles. United States Championship

Aj immediately tackles cedric gets him in the corner but cedric quickly fights back and stands tall after the first exchange, he knocks aj out fo the ring, before cedric could get to the outside AJ hits him gets back in the ring, the two go back and forth again as we head off to commercial.

We come back Aj Styles has Cedric in a rest hold but cedric fights out. and hits a springboard flatliner, both men down, cedrics in the corner aj charges but gets a knee, and they go back and forth and Cedric hits a back elbow and a solid kick for the near fall.
Cedric goes for lumbar check but aj fights out and hits a reverse DDT for a nearfall. Aj gets cedric in position for styles clash but cedric fights out, aj gets to the ropes and nearly hits the forarm but misses he rolls through, cedric hits a falcon arrow for the nearfall.

Aj is on his knees cedric runs the ropes and Aj reverses

More crap came up and i missed stuff, but i saw the ending, Cedric Alexander goes for Lumbar check but Aj Styles reverses it into the styles clash for the pin.

Next up, we got lacey evens in action.

Lacey Evens VS Natalya

so thsi starst with the two locking up but lacey quickly gets the upperhand, they lock up again and this tiem natalya gets the upperhand, she knocks lacey away she son the apron and hits natalya and takes control, slamming natalya into the steel stairs.

She rolls natalya in the ring for the nearfall, she locks in a headlock in the ring, ofcourse this is the match i have no tech issues with lol.

she throws natalya in the corner and hits a bronco buster, lacey gets a near fall. and now locks in another headlock but natalya fights out, lacey though kciks her and its a neckbreaker, she steps on natalya and gets on the middle rope but natalya pulls her down, natalya takes control, beating up lacey in the corner and as lacey charges out natalya hits a clothesline for a nearfall, then natalya goes for the sharp shooter but lacey stops her. Lacey rolls to the apron and gets a thumb to the eyes while the ref cant see, then lacey rolls up natalya for the pin with the tights pulled.

she then after celebrateing, hit natalya with the womens right.

we got more lesnar stuff next.

Paul heyman

heyman says hes sorry for what brock did, but he says dont blame him, dont blame brock, blame vince for allow heyman to bring brock here when he is in fight mode...heyman goes on to say this isnt a prediction its a spoiler, you will hear on smackdown, winner and your new wwe champion, brock lesnar.

Next up, a white limo pulls into the arena, someone is here, i suppose after this commercial break we will find out who it is.

Seth Rollins VS Rusev

Rusev extends his hand out to shake and seth goes to shake his hand btu rusev allmost turns it into th aacollade but sethe scapes. they go back and forth and rusev allmost gets the acollade again but seth escapes, and as we go to commercial we see a very brief flash of the fiend as a transition to commercial....the fiend is watching...

we come back and rusev has seth ina bear hug but seth fights out. rusev charge seth in the corner, but he kicks a kick and seth and rusev go back and forth, seth lays in the chops and hits a slingblade, then goes for a suplex but rusev stops him, rusev goes for it but seth lands on his feet and knocks rusev out of the ring. Rollisn dives out of the ring onto rusev not once but twice, rusevs in the ring seth top rope, he does a crossbody but rusev catches him but seth turns it into a inside cradle. THen rusev hits a massive kick and plants rollisn down for a nearfall.

We got rusev day, rusev goes for a kick seth dodges and barely lifts rusev for a falcon arrow for the nearfall. rusev is getting up and seth hits a kick and goes for a curb stomp rusev gets out of the way and sends seth to the outside. and then we hear music, here coems bobby lashley, and then bobby stands at the stage, and lanas music hits and here comes lana. Her and bobby then start making out on the stage as rusev looks on.

And then after like 3 minutes and bobby lashley and lana making out, the lights go out, here comes the fiend.

The fiend arrives and attacks seth rollins, locking in the mandible claw to seth on the outside of the ring, smashing seth against the ring post and brings seth to the ground with the claw locked in as the show goes off air

Well that was raw! i hope you all enjoyed the show, my review will be up soon!

Reactions: Solidus1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Watched the show live from beginning to ending...

Here's my take..

The opening segment with Rey Mysterio, Dominic, and Brock Lesnar went a little long... he didn't need to go back that last time.. the shock was there, it was already felt and when he went back in again the shock was lessened... it was a little too much.

Sasha vs Bliss was actually quite boring.. there wasn't much to it.

Roode/Ziggler vs Heavy Machinery was pretty entertaining.. Heavy Machinery is actually a very good team and they make the matches they are in worth watching. They should be tag champs sooner rather than later.

MizTV was fun to watch but all of that just to announce a SS type match at Crown Jewel was really useless.

Viking Raiders are becoming better and better... their match with The OC was pretty good.

Ricochet vs Cesaro was very entertaining...I still say that he is going to hold a title very, very soon.

Firefly Fun House was not as good this week as it usually is... it was the same thing as the past few weeks.. nothing really new at all.

The US title match was excellent... best match of the night in my humble opinion... entertaining from start to finish.

Lacey Evans vs Natalya was boring.

Heyman's promo was pure gold... too bad he's still stuck with Brock.. another wrestler could benefit much more.

Now the main event... it was very underwhelming...

Now we have Maria Kanellis running around claiming different baby daddies.. and now Lashley and Lana having an affair...

When I said I wanted the Attitude Era back I didn't mean that I wanted that part of the Attitude Era. I hate these types of stories with a passion and I will not be enjoying the Rusev/Lashley feud at all.

This show gets a 6/10 overall from me... it could have been much, much better.

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ok I have mixed feelings on this show.

I love Rusev. But I also love Mysterio. And Mysterio had a shot against Seth for the title first. At least Brock didn't get to fight for the belt. The beat down segment went for a bit too long for my liking, but I get why they did it - they wanted Brock to get as much heel heat as possible.

Sasha/Alexa was boring. Alexa's pyro was trash. Glad Becky got her steam back. Sasha was looking good tonight, I don't think she changed up her look at all so I'm not sure why I noticed her tonight and not previous nights. Becky was fun on commentary for the brief chance she got to talk - then they made her do her "Man" shtick - standing up on the announce table like a goomba. Becky got to deliver a great promo against Sasha after the match, and Sasha got to deliver an amazing promo later in the night.

The tag title match was fun. A part of me thought Otis and Tucker were going over, but once Otis set up for the Trash Compactor (I think that's what it's called?) I could tell Ziggler was going to sneak his way in and give Tucker the Zig-Zag. Not an amazing match, but it held my attention, and ultimately that's all that matters.

I have no idea what to make of that whole Miz TV segment. It seemed like the crowd wanted to see one more match between Flair and Hogan, as if that wouldn't result in both mans' death. Miz is a star and you can tell he has got his job down pat as he was able to guide the senile Flair to what he needed to do. I still don't get why Jimmy Hart was there. I can't be bothered talking about this anymore, other than that I love "No Fucks Given" Orton and King Corbin.

That OC/Viking Raiders match was not needed and was boring. I know G&A can put on good matches, so are they just being lazy like Nakamura was because they just want a pay day? Whatever.

It feels like they didn't have everybody on deck, so the matches went for 3 segments. AJ/Cedric was the best match of the night, and despite the Meltzer reports, I still felt Cedric could have won. Those hopes almost dropped to zero once I saw that G&A lost earlier in the night; WWE needs to stop thinking they can have a stable be booked strong by having the tag members of the group constantly losing while the leader wins most of the time - it becomes disheartening and predictable i.e. boring.

That main event was hot garbage. Overbooked, nobody wanted Lana involved in another cuck storyline. She should just be on Total Divas if she is not wrestling herself. Nice to see Lashley back I guess.

Bray did his thing, FFH was ok but I feel like they are just spinning their wheels until The Fiend wins the title. Hopefully we get to see more of the relationship between Bray, the pupptets and The Fiend.

For a premier show it should have been better - 6/10.

EDIT: I deliberately did not look at Kevin's thoughts before writing down my own. Bloody marry me man, our tastes are pretty much the same.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I love Lesnar's improvisations sometimes. Dominick slips off of his shoulders for the F5, so Brock goes "fuck this hypebeast motherfucker, he's going into the post then, idc" lmao that shit looked rough

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's good training for Dominic to take a bump

I want to be F5'd by Lesnar

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Was it really that dissapointing? I see sixes and sevens here but some critics say that this was the best weekly episode of the year.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Was it really that dissapointing? I see sixes and sevens here but some critics say that this was the best weekly episode of the year.

The way they set up the main event was very convoluted.. Brock takes out Rey, then we get the Hogan/Flair announcement and Rusev comes out to save Seth and then after that he, seemingly, turns back to heel for a few seconds as he challenges Seth for the title... then we get to the title match and there is no real title match... it was all just a segway to set up the Lana having an affair with Lashley story.

It was not put together well at all.

So, yes, because of that it was disappointing and earned a 6/10 from me... it would have been higher had they had the main event end cleanly and then have Lana come up and reveal off that other mess... instead there was no real title match as advertised.

Reactions: white crow

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
So is Russo back in WWE now?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
As someone who hasn't watched in a while, this show gets a 6/10 from me. I liked more than I didn't, though maybe matches like Raiders vs OC and Ricochet vs Cesaro are a lot better when you don't watch every week.

With WWE I feel like everything has to be graded as a business move though and the ending got non-fans talking, so WWE is in a weird place.

Only this company though can turn a teased Rollins vs Mysterio angle and turn it into Lashley and Lana though

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
That ending was the biggest shitshow I have seen in ages. Lets recap shall we? We see a limo arriving before the Rusev/Rollins match. Who could it be? So the match starts and for some strange reason Corbin and Orton are standing by ringside, and just watching. Turns out that Lashley was in the limo (WOW), and he isn't alone, so out comes Lana. I can't forget to mention that Lashley rushed his cue to introduce Lana, and repeated it for about 1 million times. He then proceeded to make out with her for 5 years. Rusev kinda stared from the ring looking like he was half bothered by a dude making out with HIS WIFE right in front of him. ORTON AND CORBIN ARE STILL ON THE STAGE for some reason, probably pissing themselves laughing. Apparently Corbin's chair fell apart while he was sitting on it, so there was also that. With all of this going on, and Rusev still just watching big Bob maneuver closer to 2nd base WITH HIS WIFE, the lights turn off and the Fiend attacks Rollins (who was outside the ring while all of this was happening), and the show just kinda ends.
Holy shit I thought the janitor Rowan stuff from Smackdown was bad, but this makes it look like a scene form a Tarantino movie.

As far as the show itself goes I will give it a 6/10. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't entertained by it, even by the ending. I loved the fact that they had an opening intro, and pyro. The new stage also looks good. All of the matches were pretty fun for the most part, and the commentary felt fresh. Still it didn't live up to the hype, and the fact that the episode had more build for the Saudi PPV, than Hell in a Cell (which is happening this sunday in case you forgot) was kinda pathetic. Hoping that Smackdown delivers on friday.