Rate RAW 9/11/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate RAW

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. Vote above and give your thoughts below!

RAW Results:
1. Roman Reigns defeated Jason Jordan. Reigns pinned Jordan after a spear. After the match, John Cena showed up and exchanged words with Reigns about their match at No Mercy.

2. Sasha Banks defeated Emma. Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax both sat in on commentary for this match. Banks won via submission by making Emma tap out to the Banks Statement.

— Brock Lesnar came out with Paul Heyman. Heyman challenged Braun Strowman to come to the ring, which led to both men fighting in the ring and Strowman getting the best of Lesnar. The segment ended with Strowman posing with the Universal Championship with his foot on Lesnar’s chest.

3. Bray Wyatt defeated Goldust. Wyatt connected with Sister Abigail for the victory. After the match, he took a towel and wiped Goldust’s makeup off his face. Finn Bálor made the save, running Wyatt off.

— Backstage, Charley Caruso interviewed Sheamus and Cesaro. The pair said they see Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson as more of a threat than Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, who they predicted will turn on one another when times get tough.

4. Sheamus and Cesaro versus Gallows and Anderson didn’t happen. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose sat in on commentary for this match. Before the match could even start, however, all three teams began brawling at the top of the ramp before being separated by officials.

— Backstage, Raw GM Kurt Angle told Rollins and Ambrose if they could find two more tag team partners, he’d put them into an eight-man tag against the Club and the Bar. Ambrose said he was going to recruit Batman and Mickey Mouse. Angle told him his partners had to be real people.

5. Elias defeated Kalisto. Before the match, Elias played a song about how much Anaheim sucks. He pinned Kalisto following Drift Away.

6. John Cena defeated Braun Strowman. Cena won via disqualification after Strowman brought the steel steps into the ring, then hit Cena with a running powerslam on top of them.

— Enzo Amore was a guest on MizTV, entering right after the Miz and Maryse announced they were pregnant. Miz told him that no one on the WWE roster could stand him, and told him he wasn’t as good as Neville. Amore told Miz he copied other wrestlers, whereas he is original. Miz said he isn’t championship material, so Amore challenged him to a match, and Miz accepted.

7. Enzo Amore defeated The Miz. Amore won by disqualification after the Miztourage attacked him on the outside of the ring.

— Backstage, Enzo Amore ran into Neville, who laughed in his face.

8. Eight-Man Tag Match: Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and The Hardy Boyz defeated The Club and The Bar. Rollins scored the pin on Karl Anderson after Ambrose hit him with Dirty Deeds.

Source: uproxx

In-depth results: WrestleView

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this up :) I have food poisoning or something (blech) so I slept all yesterday :) Of course now you can't say you haven't done a rate thread in forever.

I'll get watching Raw. It is always easier to watch when you can fast forward :)

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...

~ And I'm going to skip the opening match...this was more interesting...

~ Okay...so Emma vs. Sasha...Nice...shame I have to listen to Alexa Bliss
run her trap. Sasha wins...which is nice...but she never wins when she's
defending a (main roster) title so why should I care?

Just leave the WWE Emma...you are too talented and beautiful to put up with
the bullshit you go through.

~ As awesome as Strowman is...he isn't winning at No Mercy...

~ Oh hey...Goldust is still wrestling...and he's defeated by Bray Wyatt.

You know besides his SummerSlam loss...Bray has actually been winning a lot of
matches since he joined RAW.

I'm shocked by that...

~ Has anyone else noticed that most of the former top level guys are being forced
into the tag team division? May-be Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn will form a tag team
on SmackDown...

~ Okay...so Asuka is going to RAW...

Thoughts...

The polls on WWE.com meant nothing...because most voting fans wanted Asuka on
SmackDown and fighting Charlotte &/or Becky Lynch...but she will be on RAW...and
I'm very worried about how she'll be handled.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Alexa Bliss pins her at TLC...which is when Asuka
is rumored to make her in-ring debut. That would be perfect "Ruin Everything" booking
wouldn't it.

If I had to make a long term prediction...at the next superstar shake-up Sasha & Bayley
will be traded to SmackDown for Charlotte & Becky.

Just remember I mentioned that here and now.

Also...if Asuka is on RAW...Peyton Royce & Billie Kay should go to SmackDown...like
this week!

~ I am so fucking sick of Alexa Bliss...and Nia Jax is still boring.

~ Hey...its Kalisto! Cool!

And he is defeated by the Drifter...okay...whatever. Can Kalsito have a shot at
Neville soon? Please?

~ Man...WWE are going through all these Cena matches really quickly...Nakamura,
Strowman, Reigns...am I the only one noticing this?

~ Did anyone see that they interviewed a plank of wood backstage? Oh wait...that
was Roman Reigns. Sorry I always get those two mixed up.

~ Congratulations to the Miz & Maryse...I'm sure most straight men wouldn't
mind getting Maryse pregnant.

~ I wish they would just fire Enzo at this point. I hope Neville makes him tap
out in less than minute at No Mercy.

~ Great...Nia vs. Alexa next week...I'm sure that will be a classic...train wreck!

~ And a giant tag team mess for the main event...Delightful!

And I'm Done...

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Me when I get the alert that Balor created a rate thread
02026983cefa52a0739b003b8fb58d050c5aac35_hq.gif

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Alright, so I gave this Raw a 2 and that's being nice since they dropped the ball on a lot of missed opportunities.

Wow what a bland start after the 9/11 recognition.....like come on Raw, you just have Reigns come out to put Angle's son away. At least do a short backstage segment with Angle & Reigns or Cena & Reigns or Jordan & Reigns then hit the Raw opening and have these guys come out. Anyways, a good fought match from Jordan and I liked the handshake from Roman at the end.

The next mistake, you setup another Cena & Reigns segment down at the ring trading words, yet what bothered me is WHY. IS. NO ONE. POINTING. OUT. CENA'S. FLAWS AND SHORT COMINGS?? Why is WWE simply making this thing one sided?? Are they going to have Cena pass the torch to Roman?? What's the overall idea?? I mean damn you making John Cena look perfect while shitting on Roman Reigns. Way to go in making this a fair battle of words, it's already bad enough Roman have very, very little skill on the mic. For fuck sake, I would have gone as far as to attack Cena for no longer being that bad ass Doctor of Thuganomonics but now being everything he used to despise. I would have brought up about how he lost in the first Rock vs Cena Wrestlemania match, and how it exposed his weakness as he sat on that ramp and held his head down. Then he whines about a rematch the next year to a match that was supposed to be "Once In A Lifetime" because he couldn't handle that the man he called out was better than him. I would have brought up how he no longer holds his own moniker "The Face That Runs The Place" because AJ Styles whipped that ass so bad he couldn't keep his nickname but went and bitched about a rematch so he could look good again. Or what about the year where Brock mad his returned and made Cena his bitch and did the same to The Undertaker. I would have brought up about him winning the US title only to shortly, lose it to Del Rio on his return. Idk just some ideas I would have had, anyways.

Another mistake, you had Nia Jax come out to sit right next to Alexa Bliss at the commentary table?? Nooooooooooooooo, Nia should only stay in Destroy Mode, stop building her up as this huge threat just to deconstruct it later. WTF??

Then, there was the Heyman & Brock Lesnar promo which worked out nicely by Paul Heyman's microphone magic.......yet WWE fucks it up by having Brock once again get his ass handed to him by Braun Strowman WHICH THEY CALLED OUT!! I have no issues with Strowman but damn WWE just going let Brock get beat up every Raw (or do the repeated pull apart)?? I think they're even lost on what to do with this upcoming match and story, that's sad really.

Not a bad symbolic moment with Bray wiping off the paint off Goldust's face, it was a little confusing to why this booking happened. Btw, wasn't Goldust done wrestling??

A strange and uneventful moment with the tag teams that makes it obvious that the match at No Mercy will be a Triple Threat or Fatal 4-Way.

I really don't care for the Elias shenanigans so please do something more with him or stop all together.

Not sure what purpose the Cena vs Strowman match served especially since he obliterated John Cena and nothing else happened afterwards. I love how WWE allows Strowman to just be destructive and reckless but Lesnar no longer gets to be that way *sarcasm*.

Nice MizTV segment and by that, I mean Miz did a great job even to cutting Enzo down to size. Does he get free range by WWE and the writing team or does he freestyle what he wants to say?? Very nice and I liked the squash to Enzo as well.

I didn't even have to watch the 8-man tag team match to know who was going to win and how. Fix that, WWE and everything else.

Reactions: alexb and Solidus1

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Pretty good show overall, went with a 6/10. Thoughts:

- The opening segment was practically a mirror image of what they did the week prior, only with Reigns this time going against the "rookie" Jason Jordan as opposed to Cena last week and then Cena being the one to come out and talk some trash.

The match itself was quite fine, the follow up promo I felt not as much. For one, I find it funny that WWE continue to feed Roman with rediculous lines for him to use as talking points (ticket sales being up, ratings, revenue etc, some of which were actually false) because they do nothing but hurt their golden boy, not to mention more use of the "bitch" or "ass", as if Roman will look any tougher; sigh...
Said it last week, will say it again: just because you have him throw around a couple of "bad words" don't mean he going to look like a badass.

As a matter of fact, if there was anyone that looked like the badass, that would be John Cena, who actually delivered the money line at the end of the segment, referencing Roman's drug violation last year.

- If I were Roman, I'd be asking Miz for some help on how to improve them mic skills. Is Miz on fire or what? And by the way, congrats to him and Maryse; what a dick move by Enzo to interrupt like that and, wow, what a punch line there in the end with the "who's your daddy" thing.

- This is NOT how you use Nia Jax and most certrainly not by having her just casually stroll out by the announce table and chit chat; she should be destroying people...less talk, more actions...

- Whether "broken" or "awoken", I think it's come to a point where they need to decide if they are going to pull the trigger cause just teasing it can only work for so much long.

The way I see this, if Matt is teasing it (as he has been doing), chances are it's going to eventually happen because otherwise I don't think for a second that WWE would allow him to do so in the first place. If I am not mistaken (and, please, do correct me if I'm wrong) but Vince's mentality has always been to "never promise or tease something you will eventually not be able to deliver" so by that account, I stil believe it's just a matter of time.

Taking this one step further, I feel Vince already made a case the very next night on RAW. How did he respond to KO when Owens threatened to sue? You take that promo word for word, about him being a billionaire and how KO wouldn't be able to keep up and eventually go bankrupt, and apply that to WWE vs. TNA (or whatever they call themselves these days) and....do those guys stand a chance? Being how fucked up the situation is already on their end, they'd probably not even last a week, sort of speak. Granted, this matter is a lot more complicated in real life but it ain't that much different...

- Beautiful promo from Paul Heymann yet again and what a selling performance from Brock himself...And, yeah, I think I am going to agree with Grevious on this one, the whole build does seem to be quite simillar to what they previously did with either Goldberg or Samoe Joe so, yeahm it does appear that they have Brock pinned to retain....we shall see...

Last edited:
Reactions: Death Walker

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this up :emoji_slight_smile: I have food poisoning or something (blech) so I slept all yesterday :emoji_slight_smile: Of course now you can't say you haven't done a rate thread in forever.

I'll get watching Raw. It is always easier to watch when you can fast forward :emoji_slight_smile:
Feeling better, Jacob!?

Reactions: Crash

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this up :emoji_slight_smile: I have food poisoning or something (blech) so I slept all yesterday :emoji_slight_smile: Of course now you can't say you haven't done a rate thread in forever.

I'll get watching Raw. It is always easier to watch when you can fast forward :emoji_slight_smile:

Sorry to see u havnt been feeling to well. Hope ur back to feeling better REAL SOON, Jake. WE MISS YOU.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I voted 6/10, was a pretty good show for the most part like The Miz burying Enzo. But a lot of boring parts too, as usual on a RAW show...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Only watched two segments from this show and they were good. Cena/Reigns stuff was good and The Miz's promo was really great.