• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Did You THink Of The Show?

• Total voters

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Hello everyone! and welcome to the Rate Raw and Raw Recap for August 12th 2019! After a huge Summerslam Raws set to be a solid show tonight! So rate in the poll above, you will notice its changed! thats right in the new rateing system thread before the poll closed more votes came in, 1 to 5 tied with 0 to 10, both got 4 votes each, however there was one other person who expressed they felt 1 to 5 was the way to go, therefor giving the win to 1 to 5, so in either situation, either 1 to 5 wins or both tie. So after i talked with Solid Snake we decided that tonight we are gonna give the 1 to 5 system a try, its simpler and the rateing youd give anyway falls into the catagory much easier anyway.

We are trying it just for tonight, think of it like a test run, id ask you keep a open mind, and if it works out well we will move to it going forward, if not then we will go back to 0 to 10 tomorrow for Smackdown.

So with that said friends rate in the poll above give your thoughts below, and if ya missed the show or just feel like it, you can read my recap below. Enjoy!

Oh and mind the grammar fails, im still editing it, had a few issues dureing the recap as i made it, at some points my notes didnt save so i quickly had to go by memory as fast as i could and kept it breif for 2 parts atleast, dont worry it will be fixed grammar wise soon, this takes time.

Seth Rollins Starts The Show

We start off tonight with Seth Rollins comin down to the ring to a pretty good crowd reaction.

He gets a mic, before he can speak crowds chanting Burn it Down. He says he has to be honest, last night then gets cut off by the crowd cheering, he says he didnt know if he had what it took, he says the last few weeks have been the toughest of his career he wasnt as confident, he says in this ring Brock is everything heyman says he is, hes a beast.

Crowd starts chanting Beast Slayer, he says when he had nothing left something happened, the fans came alive, and in that moment they took him to a place hes never been in his entire carrer, a place only we could go together, and in that moment he knew he had what it took to slay the beast. And he remembered that he is Seth Freaken Rollins, and that is why hes standing here as Universal Champion.

And then, Aj Styles Music hits crowd starts cheering, AJ comes out with the OC. Aj says wait, hold on seth, believe it or not, the OC would like to congradulate you, but here is where it gets tricky, he says you aint gotta worry about Lesnar, but you gotta worry about the man standing infront of you, he says you see ever since he came to his senses hes got alot to prove, so he wants to face Seth tonight.

Seth says he has a ton of respect for Aj crowds chanting Yes, seth switches his words to he used to have a ton of respect, he said it doesnt matter how beat up he is he doesnt back down, and he accepts the challenge.

AJ holds his hand out and both shake hands as we get AJ Styles chants as AJ leaves with the OC.

We already have street profits backstage doing their thing. Sami comes in says the longer you are here the more it will suck the soul right out of you, it happens to everyone. dawkins asks it happens to everyone? like samoa joe? as we pan back to see joe standing behind sami.

Sami goes off about how joes the best example, joe yells at him getting sami attention, sami tries to speak but joe tells him to be quiet, since sami has alot to say and joe is such a softy joes gonna give him a chance to speak out in the ring, next. Joe shoves him and leaves

Samoa Joe VS Sami Zane

Sami goes straight to work beating joe up as best he can, he runs the ropes and tries to hit joe but joe slams him down with force, not long later joe locks in the clutch for the quick submission.

He grabs a mic and says let me make myself very clear, though i may forgive roman reigns, that forgiveness is extended to none of the fans, his firgiveness to none of those that propergate the lies and that he will never forgive any of them.

Next up we got The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler

The Miz VS Dolph Ziggler

Dolph comes out wearing some casual clothing and selling the spears he was given last night mic in hand. He says I hope your happy Miz you coward, everyone knows you didnt have a chance against me at Summerslam, so you sic goldberg on me, its all part of your master plan, he says you forgot, i got speared so many times yesterday, i cannot medically compete. Miz screwed Miz, you dont get a match tonight, i cant compete, and all these bloodthirsty canadians would love to see this match, too damn bad.

He starts to leave miz turns away, then he runs and lays into Miz, no longer selling the injury and says ring the bell as we go to commercial.

We get back just in time for Miz to regain control of the match, Miz lays some punchs in some kicks in, these two fight for a bit, Dolph hits a Zig Zag for a near fall, Dolph sets up for the super kick he goes for it, Miz catches it lays him down Miz locks in the Figure 4, Dolph tries to escape and fails, he taps, giving Miz the win.

Dolph gets a mic says you couldnt beat me fair and square he says miz isnt the best wrestler in hsi family Maryse is, same stuff he did with goldberg, Miz gets in the rign as dolph says more insults and lays him out with skull crushing finaly.

Backstage we got a interview with Becky Lynch, Becky says i didnt come here to celebrate, natalya owed me a debt and i cashed in, a long time ago i told everyone i was comin for everyone whose done me wrong, she puts the whole locker room on notice and gives them a warning, you better get me before i get you, then she leaves, good stuff.

Hello I Am Elias

Hello it is Elias, he says last night another legend interupted him, he says hes getting the hang of it, he goes to sing a song and someone interupts him, he says who ever is gonna interupt go ahead come on, he gives a count down once nobody comes out, he does it again nobody comes out, he goes to sing and Ricochets music hits.

Ricochet says the reason people interupt him isnt because its cool but because Elias sucks, the crowd doesnt agree entirely, the match quickly starts Ricochet does his flips but elias eventually takes control with some hard hitting moves and a toss that was so high ricochet became a bird.

Elias slows it down with a rest hold but Ricochet gets the upper hand, he goes to hit a hurricaranna but botches it crowd reacts big a bit, Ricochet dives to the outside Elias just moves out of the way, Elias is mad gets his guitar goes to use it ref stops him, Ricochet ends up getting a rollup when Elias goes for the guitar a second time...But Elias's shoulder is clearly off the mat ref counts anyway for the finish.

And now we got a 2 out of 3 falls match between Rey Mysterio and Andrade...wait im getting a sense of Deja Vu..nah i must be going crazy.

Rey Mysterio VS Andrade: 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match

The match starts quickly with Andrade immediately takes Rey down but rey gets the upper hand goes for 619 but Vega stops him, andrade rolls him up his feet on the ropes and vega holds them too for the first fall.

After some fighting rey wrenchs and holds onto andrades arm with andrade on the apron, rey gets to the top rope hurricanranna to the outside, we see a replay of this a few times. these two are always great in the ring together and it shows, so fluid and its like they do new stuff every time, they always got more to give,

Andrade sets rey sat down in the corner goes for the knees but rey gets out of the way, reys on the apron he leaps over andrade and does the canadian destroyer, my god what a move it always looks brutal, gets a near fall off of it, rey goes for the 619 andrade dodges it thanks to selina vega causes rey to take too long, andrade rolls him up for the near fall rey rolls him up for the near fall, sets up another 619 this time hits it, goes to the top rope for the splash but andrade gets the knees up and hits the hammerlock DDT for the win and clean sweep.

That was surpriseingly good for a 2 out of 3 falls match

Michael Cole Interviews Stone Cold Steve Austin

Michael cole does a interview with steve, he priases seths performance and promotes his new show, it was strange

Well crap, my notes didnt save, this is gonna get quick and brief for a few moments

Street porfits hype up more of the show hes drinking a jug of water fans chant chug we pan to drew crowd boos, drew cuts a short promo about how hes gonna destroy cedric which is next

Drew Mcintyre VS Cedric Alexander

Hard hits, a burtal DDT from cedric, good bit of back and forth, these two have a solid encounter, lots of decent stuff here, once again sorry its brief my notes didnt save, but these two have a decent match with lots of cool moves spots and moments, its a solid really good match. Cedric hits a spanish fly off the top rope and we get This is Awesome chants, he goes for lumbar check again in the ring, but fails drew stops him, drew goes for the inverted alabama slam but cedric does a kind of piledriver rollup drew kicks out, drew ends up running the ropes for a insane claymore kick to cedric for the pin. this match went from good to great for TV show match standards.

Really good match,

Next up appearntly we got heyman next, but as we come back No Way Jose's theme is playing, and so heyman is paitiantly standing by as we watch this match first between Robert Roode and No Way Jose. But it is a quick match, Robert Roode wins.

Heyman isnt happy about Brock not having a rematch against Seth he can barely get his disgust out, he just enters brocks room in frustation. next up, Revival veres Lucha House party.

The Revival VS Lucha House Party

This match barely even gets off the ground before r truths music hits and chaos insues, in it all revival win the 24/7 title but r truth wins it back and escapes, he gets to the back, truth and carmella starts to celebrate but Elias arrives guitar in hand, he pins truth for the title.

Up next we got the latest on the roman reigns mystery attacker storyline.

The Roman Reigns Mystery Continues....?

After a recap of what happened so far, we get...michael cole saying this will actually continue tomorrow night on smackdown...despite just saying it was gonna continue now just a few second sago....well okay then

...A Pop As Loud As Thunder...

Natalya comes out mic in hand, her arm bandaged, you tapped out chants, she says last night she faced becky lynch, and she tapped out, she said becky out wrestlered her and was the better woman, she has a disslocated elbow, she guesses this si the part where she takes everything back she said baout becky, but she isnt, she meant every word, she doesnt know when and where, but they will fight again.

In the mean time she says shes gonna share somethign special, she said when she woke up that in her dream last night, that her dad spoke to her, he said congrates nattie, im so proud of you. She says its been 1 year since her dad died she son the verge of tears..

And then my god, the roof comes off the building, everyone gets on their feet and i get legit chills. because the familer tune plays, after several months of absence, none other then The Boss, Sasha Banks arrives, her theme hits, and the entire building erupts, its electric and everyones on their feet, the pop was loud like thunder, Sasha soaks it all in as she makes her way down the ramp, sasha gets in the ring, goes for a mic then smacks natalya from beyond, takes her wig off, revealing her new blue hair, she assaults natalya crowds chanting Holy Shit, she tosses natalya outside and continues the assault. Welcome Back chants echo throughout the arena, she throws natalya into the stairs. We Get Thank You Sasha chants.

Sasha gets a teel chair as nattie gets in the ring, Beckys music hits, becky rusn to the ring and here we go! they fight and the crowd continues going wild as Sasha and Becky have a huge brawl, smashing becky into the barricade, Sasha gets the chair smacks becky with it, again and again and again and again, crowds loving it.

Sasha Leaves the crowds cheering, what a return.

Viking Raiders...Local Talent, move along.

Same as the last few weeks, move along.

We got a backstage Interview with Alexa and Nikki, Alexa says unlike the iconics, Alexa and Nikki are fighting champions, nikki said it was more then she ever could have imagined, Alexa said appearntly when its us two against the world, they get results.

Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross VS The Kabuki Warriors: Womens Tag Team Championships

The match starts off with Zane getting the upper hand on Alexa..then Asuka comes in..for some reason and attacks Alexa and they double team Alexa and the ref is oddly okay with this, they take out Nikki aswell and take control of the match as we go to commercial.

We come back and Nikki Cross is wearing down Zane, But Zane gets the hot tag to Asuka who takes control, a solid german to nikki, alexa gets a sneaky tag to nikki asuka doesnt see it alexa sneak attacks her to take advantedge. Nikki and Alexa tries to double team asuka it fails, asuka makes the tag zane does a bit of a little powerbomb and goes for the n sane elbow, nikki rolls outside so kairi does a crossbody to the outside, zane gets to the rop hits the n sane eblow goes for the pin Alexa breaks it, Alexa attacks asuka knocks her into the ring post and takes her out. Alexa tries to tag in nikkis out, she drags nikki kairi stops her but nikki gets back up and takes zane out alexa tags in and hits twisted bliss for the win.

We get a brief promo from seth backstage, we says Aj wishes he could be the champ seth is, he says did Aj forget seth already beat him prior, or did AJ forget money in the bank, Seth basicly says hes gonna win and gets ready for their match, which is next.

But then again considering every time they say something is next, somethign else happens first, id wager it aint next, lets see if my prediction is true.

King Of The Ring

Heh, totally counts, we get a promo package hypeing up the King of the Ring tournament which starts next week on Raw, that should be interesting, it shows past winners, most of which are legends, its a nice video package and it should be interesting.

Seth Rollins VS AJ Styles w/ The OC

We kick this match off with Aj trying to kick Seths injured ribs, Seth drives him into the corner and smashes his shoulder sinto AJ brock style, hangs Aj upside down and stomps into him, the fight a little bit Aj goes out of the ring seth dives out takes out Gallows, anderson tries to hit him but seth hits him first, then AJ drives seth into the ring hits a big slam as we go to commercial.

We come back seths trying to suplex AJ but he cant, Aj hits the ushigaroshi on seth and gets him to the apron and goes for styles clash, seth gets out take out Ajs legs he slams hard on the apron, both laying outside the ring, the OC gets AJ back in the ring, seth makes the count at 9. Aj hits a blitz of punchs and kicks but seth dodges hit s asling blade and then a massive rolling elbow, Seth barely hits the falcon arrow for a near fall.

both men fight ot the top rope aj knocks him off,, seth gets back up knocks AJ off goes for the splash gallows distracts the ref and anderson knocks him off, both fight a little seth gives AJ a kick and goes for the stomp but the OC get in the three assault seth, Ricochet come sout for the save he fails, the OC go back to triple teaming seth. Ajs on the top rope and ask for seth, he goes for the top rope styles clash, then Bruan Strowmans music hits he coems out destroys the three, braun picks up AJ and hits the powerslam on AJ Styles.

Braun goes outside grabs seths universal title gets back in the ring and hand sseth his title and the two shake hands and the three stand tall to close the show.

Well thats the show! the absence of Bray Wyatt is strange, espacially with how over The Feinds debut was last night, perhaps he will be on Smackdown, i suppose we will have to wait and see.
I thought it was a pretty good show, but what did you guys think? rate in the poll above if you havent already share your thoughts below, and have a great night! :emoji_slight_smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yay! Sasha is back! & Feuding with Becky Lunch!

Its about damn time! Although to be honest who else was Becky going to feud with? Nia & Ruby
are still out, Evans was a bust, Alexa can't wrestle to save herself & Nikki Cross is playing sidekick.

I think I'll watch this episode of RAW! Oh wait...then the WWE has to spoil any goodwill they earned by
having Alexa Piss-Break & her Pet Cross go over Asuka & Kairi again...so I'm still not wasting any of my
time on the bullshit.

I HATE the way the Japanese wrestlers are treated on the main roster after looking like true stars in NXT.

Also the fact "The Fiend" (AKA Bray Wyatt in a shitty mask) wasn't on the show is probably a tell that the
WWE have no idea what to do with him.

Another great recap @InsaneAlphaBeta

:thumbsup:

And I'm just going to leave this here...

koth-commercial-3.jpg

And keep moving.

Last edited:
Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
7/10.. Yes, I know it's a 1-5 rating but I don't like that so I'll stick with what wasn't broken.

Anyway.. it wasn't a bad show.

The Rollins and AJ stuff was good... the end result of the match was not good.

I can see them working the Asuka and Sane into a breakup and 1on1 feud between the 2 of them which should make for some good matches in the future.

Banks as a heel is straight money... Banks vs Lynch is straight money.. looking forward to this feud.

Viking Raiders squashed someone again.. YAY! Stupid shit.. if you want them to look strong then beat someone significant.. maybe pit them against the Revival.

Miz vs Dolph was fun... I just have this strange feeling that Dolph is going to come out looking strong at the end of all of this.

Everything else was watchable.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
If they had Bray on this episode of raw then I would be asking question. Less is more. Make this guy an attraction

I actually agree with this... for once WWE isn't shoving something down our throat.. so far he's made his appearances at the right times and each one has meant something. They are handling this well.. hopefully they'll continue to do so.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I actually agree with this... for once WWE isn't shoving something down our throat.. so far he's made his appearances at the right times and each one has meant something. They are handling this well.. hopefully they'll continue to do so.
As soon as they put him on raw with no reason other then to be another guy on the roster then they have botched it. It's clear Greivous would have buried this guy already if he was in charge

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Banks as a heel is straight money... Banks vs Lynch is straight money.. looking forward to this feud.
100% on the Money Kev...

BUT...(Sasha's Butt)

This is it for Sasha...the final chance she really has.

If she doesn't win this feud & title & keep it for at least
200+ days with several successful title defensive's then
its just the "same old shit" again.

Honestly if the WWE had any sense they would (using
the wild card rule) book a "War of the Horsewomen"
angle & build to a fatal four way with both belts on the
line.

It's clear Grievous would have buried this guy already if he was in charge
You know Red...you can keep taking these "pot shots"
all you like...but I ain't biting. I'm done with you.

Full stop.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
It's clear Greivous would have buried this guy already if he was in charge

They was really no reason for this... we were discussing wrestling and you throw a smart ass remark in there.. just stop it and let us enjoy this without this going off-topic. Please. Thanks.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
They was really no reason for this... we were discussing wrestling and you throw a smart ass remark in there.. just stop it and let us enjoy this without this going off-topic. Please. Thanks.
Disagree wholeheartedly. Fair comment from me imho.

The Sasha Banks heel turn was notable and a great direction for her character. Becky desperately needed Banks to return. Becky vs Banks for the next couple of months would be grand.

Problem is they did it in Toronto which is full of smarks. They cheered for Sasha beating up Natalya. That's fair enough. Maybe they thought Natalya would get some sympathy in Canada talking about her dead dad but I think everyone was just loving the idea of a yeel sasha. Then sasha beat up Becky and they cheered. Becky you are a shite babyface atm. Get over as a face then maybe you can have a great fued.

Regardless of the crowd reaction, I enjoyed the heel turn. Sasha revealing that she has dark purple hair was a nice touch.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
7/10.. Yes, I know it's a 1-5 rating but I don't like that so I'll stick with what wasn't broken.
Lol, remember, i said it was just a test run, (since the end result of the poll was a tie or it won.) and depending on how it goes we either keep it or not.

Gotta keep a open mind friend :)

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Between a very hectic schedule at work, the product mostly boring and my laptop breaking down (not the one to use my phone as much), it’s been a while since I last shared any thoughts so, on that note, it’s good to finally be back.

The fact that I’ve been inactive here in the forum for quite a while doesn’t mean I ain’t up to date with what has been going on in the world of WWE (quite the opposite) and though there so much I’d like to get into, this isn’t the time or place so that being said, I’ll just stick with the topic in hand and take things a step at a time:

Sasha Banks returning and turning heel in the process was obviously the highlight of the evening. The heel turn in itself I feel most will agree was long overdue (quite frankly, the heel persona suits her a lot better) and as most have already pointed out, this is also perfect for Becky Lynch, who desperately needed an opponent of this magnitude to feud with. I’m not sure if these two will go at immediately it at Clash of Champions but the end game should definitely be Sasha Banks winning the RAW Woman’s Championship. The only cavoite here is the fact that Becky is on the cover of the new WWE video game which leads me to believe they might want to keep her champion till at least October but, again, I feel it’s inevitable that Sasha should be the next champion.

Elsewhere, the fact they had to stress out the idea that Brock will NOT be getting a rematch against Seth I feel is the way to kind of write him off for a couple of months and I for one will insist that the plan for Brock Lesnar is to be on the first Smackdown Live show on Fox come October, where he will wrestle and defeat Kofi Kingston to become your new WWE champion. WWE will surely be looking to make a big splash in that first episode so, in my view, what better way to do so? And to borrow Paul Heymann’s line, this ain’t a prediction, it’s a spoiler…

No Fiend on RAW, nor Smackdown the following night was not necessarily a bad thing, though I do here certain people backstage have some issues with the character, considering it a bit too edgy for TV. Personally, I call bullshit and hope there is no truth to this rumor and Bray staying off TV was WWE’s way of protecting the character and keeping him a special deal. In regards to what could his next feud and given Fin Balor has requested time off for the next couple of months, how about Matt Hardy to fill the void? There’s definitely some continuity and backstory they could play off, plus Matt is good enough name for Bray to work with and go over until Fin Balor returns, at which point they could resume that feud. As a matter of fact, I’d take it a step further and have that next encounter be the Fiend versus Demon Balor, a match in which the Fiend goes over again, handing the Demon his first loss on the main roster. If we are going to establish Bray Wyatt as the next big thing, I feel this is the ideal way to go…

…Furthermore, this could also lead to Fin Balor start questioning himself, leading to a possible heel turn and him joining AJ and the OC. Lord knows Fin Balor needs a change of pace and I feel the story really writes itself…

Last but not least (for now) I would like to applaud WWE for the idea of bringing back the King of the Ring concept. On a personal note, I’m quite the fan of these type of tournaments and hopefully WWE will do this right, as in making it a big deal and perhaps have the winner be able to challenge for a title down the road. In other words, don’t have it be like the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, in which the winner just receives a meaningless trophy. Still quite early to make any kind of predictions, but King McNtyre and King Cesaro I feel are the two that have a nice ring to it; if it were up to be, I'd book McNtyre to go all the way...

P.S.: Leaving for a very small four day vacation this afternoon and not taking any laptop with me; besides, the place I'm going don't even have internet so forgive me beforehand if I'm late to any response should someone reply or comment...

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Samoa Joe is a face

+ Sasha return.

+ Drew vs Cedric was GREAT!

+ Andrade beating Ray 3 times in a row. OMG ACTUAL MOMENTUM.

+ Bobby Robby Roode getting pushed, maybe?

Cons :

- Samoa Joe is a heel

- Both Dolph and Miz are pathetic.

- Not a fan of Strowmann making the OC look like chumps.

7/10

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
As a fan for 10 years, fuck the King of the Ring. After Sheamus and Barrett I never want to see this.

However. The thing they HAVE TO DO here. Vince says who wins and that's it. Whoever is agenting NXT, agents every match in this tournament. Go out there and let these guys have Takeover-quality matches all throughout Raw.

You have THIS ROSTER. With this much in ring talent and the WWE MVP in 2019 is R-Truth. Change that immediately.