• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate RAW 7/28/14

Rate RAW

• Total voters

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Oh man. WWE finds something with a crowd reaction and regurgitates it so many times it's embarrassing.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Yeah, the crowd going crazy and the "This is awesome" chants were imaginary...noone really wants to see it. lol

I'm looking forward to it so speak for yourself next time :notsure:
And that mild chant was replaced with a loud Jamie Nobel chant. Does that mean people want Jamie to return and win a strap?

-
No Ambrose
No Lesnar
Not another Nikki Bella nip slip
Bo's streak ending
No Cena beat down
Kane, period

+
Heyman being Heyman
Cesaro delivering a truthful promo
Cesaro/Cena
Randy didn't put me to sleep

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Last edited:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Loved it. Loved the Cena/Cesaro promos, Y2J with HHH and Steph brought back memories, reactions sold very well. Orton's beatdown was actually entertaining, loved seein an RKO through the table again. Stardust and Goldust make me laugh literally every week. Bo's still gold, fuck R-Truth though. Rollins vs Jericho was a bomb match, gettin a little sick of the Wyatt's though. Miz/Ziggler was entertaining, and the end of the show was meh but I kinda liked it. Never thought I'd hear "JAMIE NOBLE!" chants to close out a show lmao. Really enjoying WWE recently. 8/10.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
6/10..

Not a big part of the show, but this Adam Rose squashing Sandow shit has to stop. It's not doing anything positive to Adam Rose's career by any means.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The talent works their arse off, but, the writing seemed average from the way Just Kevin told it.
Obviously, the Steph seg had more bite to it, but that's to be expected. It appears the talent is enhancing the storylines, which is great.
My problem with Brock isn't the no-show, but that I believe he's capable of a bit more
He could go outside the box and shoot a vignette of him shooting arrows into a cardboard cut out of John Cena
Maybe he could pay a visit to Cena's mom or his brother and make this p*ss their shorts or whatever those people wear.
I realize its been done, but not by Brock. Sh** on this all you like, not everything needs to formulaic every time around

Then again maybe they'll reserve the boo-hoo moment for next month

Reactions: Just Kevin

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It was a pretty good show again this week. Just like last week's Raw, there was more good than bad and I thoroughly enjoyed the show enough that the number of times that I had to hit the fast-forward button on my DVR was kept to a bare minimum.

-I didn't mind Cena's opening promo and even though it's one that we've heard him give a million times, his delivery was still great. Cesaro's promo was good too and it's funny that it seems like only one week after splitting them apart, the creative team is already regretting breaking up the Cesaro and Heyman pairing. Cena vs Cesaro was a pretty good opening match to the show.

-It really is bizarro world when the WWE succeeds in getting me invested in not just one but TWO feuds between the ladies. I'm loving the progression of the AJ vs Paige feud (Paige seems a lot more comfortable in the heel role, I think) and as ashamed as I am to admit this, even the Stephanie vs Brie tripe has me interested a bit. Getting the crowd to chant "This is awesome!" during a female rivalry is definitely an accomplishment in itself (even though they chant that way too often nowadays... it's the modern day version of "Holy Shit!" as far as overused chants are concerned.) Totally calling a Nikki heel turn on Brie at the PPV.

-Orton's beat down on Roman Reigns was glorious. We saw parts of the old "Viper" Randy Orton back tonight and I loved seeing Reigns vulnerable and at the mercy of another man for a change. I always love it when a man condescends towards another by calling him "son" and "boy." And lol @ Orton hurting himself when he RKO'ed Reigns through the table.

-Chris Jericho interrupting The Authority and cutting a promo on Triple H and Stephanie for the first time in over a decade (and perhaps for the last time ever) and insulting Stephanie with the old familiar verbosity brought back some pleasant nostalgic memories. Jericho vs Rollins was a nice match.

-I totally called the Flag stipulation between Rusev and Swagger (another point on the board for me.) I'd say the odds of Swagger going over here are far more likely than they were at Battleground since Rusev losing a Flag match is a way for him to lose without really "losing."

Reactions: Just Kevin

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler