Rate RAW 7/15/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What did you think of Raw?

• Total voters

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Its time once again to Rate and Discuss tonights episode of Monday Night Raw, most notably whats supposed to be Heymans first episode with a considerable amount of creative control, as always leave your thoughts below rate in the poll above. And seeing as i was in the mood to discuss the show, and there doesnt seem to be any definite person to do this, i figured i got time, so why not.

Brock and Heyman Kick off the Show
Show kicked off with the new Universal champion Brock lesnar and his Advocate Paul heyman, they came down to the ring, Paul talked about hwo they told us so when paul mentioned he said Brock would cash in, and that it was a spoiler. He goes on to mention how he has a bit fo authroity and can make decisions like he did for tonights main event, a bross brand 10 stop star battle royal, with the winner to become Brocks opponent for SummerSlam.
After that they leave, Ricochet comes out and we get our first match of the night, a 2 out of 3 falls match between Ricochet and The Usos vs The Revival and Robert Roode

Ricochet and The Usos Defeat The Revival and Robert Roode

Ricochet got the first pin in a matter of seconds, only for Revival to tie it up just in time for a commercial, it ended with Ricochet reversed a Glorious DDt and hitting the 630 for the win. Then we got the club coming out, starting a huge brawl between basicly everyone, with the club standing tall at the end.

Viking Raiders Destroy Local Talent/Jobbers (One of Them Got Injured)

Next up we got the Viking Raiders easily defeating a couple of jobbers, your run of the mill "Make the superstars look strong by making them beat up random dudes nobody has ever heard of before" type match, it was quick and a fairly uncreative way to get The Viking Raiders over.
Also of note, one of the jobbers got a shoulder injury.

Cedric Alexander gets a Rollup win Against Drew Mcintyre

We got a pre taped backstage segment next with Drew basicly telling cedric he was gonna kill him, took it back noteing that isnt legal, then basicly just saying hes gonna destroy cedric in their match tonight, which just so happens to be next.

In said match between Drew and Cedric, Cedric got a roll up victory, so that happened.

Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe: Bray Wyatt Returns!

Next up we got a Finn Balor promo, he talked about how he plans to Keep Moving Forward and beat Samoa Joe tonight, Samoa Joe instantly responds and the match begins not long after, Balor ends up winning with a rollup, Balor wins and joe is mad, so eh tries to lock on the Coquina Clutch, Finn escapes, hits joe with his stomp, finn celebrates, and then..his music starts to distort, the pitch lowers, the lights shut off, crowd starts buzzing

Suddenly lights flash in the ring and we see The Fiend, bray Wyatt holding Finn ready to deliver Sister Abigale, lights come on and we see Bray in all his glory, he delivers the move and stands there in the ring with the creepy light flashes and sounds, no doubt setting up a match for SummerSlame between The Demon Finn Balor and The Fiend Bray Wyatt. Perosnally i cannot wait for this match.

24/7 Title Part 1
Next we got Drake Maverick with his wife checking into a hotel, after he leaves Truth shows up looking for Hornswoggle, great stuff.
And next Mike Kanellis gets beaten by Zack Ryder of all people in a short amount of time, if their goal is to bury Mike so far underground that his body will be melted by the heat of the earths core, they are certainly getting there.

The Club beat Lucha House Party

Next The Club take on Lucha house party, because appearntly they still exist, Ricochet gets involved and order gets restored, Club get the win and Aj sends a message to Ricochet by keeping the Calf Crusher in after the bell rings.

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi vs Carmella vs Natalya

Then we have argueably the worst match of the night, a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match to Determine Beckys number 1 contender, between Alexa, Carmella, Natalya, and Naomi.

First Carmella was eliminated with a roll up, and then the match began to take..way too long, crowd chanted THis is Boreing, Lets Go Cena, Cena Sucka, they lost all interest and nobody cared, Natalya rolled up Naomi nobody cares, then Natalya made Alexa tap out, and so we got Natalya vs Becky Lynch at Summerslam for the Raw Womens Championship.

Miz TV

We have Miz TV with guest Dolph Ziggler, and Ziggler basically rips into Miz calling him a “walking gimmick t-shirt logo” because he only cares about fortune and fame, just like his wife. Miz gets made throws Dolph outside the ring, and thats basicly it there.

24/7 Title Part 2

Next up we got Drake with his wife, Drake looks like hes wearingly nothing but the 24/7 title and they are about to...well you know, when room service comes in with their champagne. The room service guy doesn’t leave, and Drake realises it’s actually WWE referee Darrick Moore, and Truth pops out from under the table, jumps on Maverick and pins him on the bed to win the 24/7 Title. Great stuff.

MAIN EVENT: 10 Man Battle Royal

Next up we got the 10 person battle royal to determine brocks opponent for Summerslam between Seth Rolins, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Bobby Lashley, Randy Ortan, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Rey Mysterio, and Big E. it was what you'd expect from a battle royal, Cesaro eliminated by Lashley, Lashley eliminated by Strowman, Big E eliminated by Zayn, Zayn eliminated by Orton And Rey eliminated by Corbin,

Then we get down to the final 4, Corbin, Reigns Rollins and Strowman, the three faces stared the heel down and proceeded to beat up corbin and easily eliminate him, Roman hit seth with a spear by accident with roman distracted by his mistake Bruan tried to eliminate roman, but as roman tried to reverse and eliminate braun, Seth eliminated both at the same time, making it seem like he won but a sneaky Randy ortan was hideing, tried to surprise Seth but it ultimately failed, Orton was eliminated by Rollins.

And there you have it, we got Brock vs Seth rematch at SummerSlam for the Universal championship, Heyman cuts his typical "Lesnar will victimize and conquer you" promo, Seth responded wih his own response, show ends with the two seemingly about to fight but they dont.
So that was Raw! hope you enjoyed the recap and share your thoughts below! i will share my thoughts soon aswell.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Alot of people seem to hate Seth getting a shot at Lesnar.

I look at it like this...

Seth's goal was to be the opposite to Brock and finally vanquish him from the title scene.

It would be a big fat waste of time building up Seth if Brock was just going to have the last laugh.

I know Orton vs Lesnar would of been a much fresher match up. But you cant complain WWE for committing to finishing a story.

If Extreme Rules was the end of Seth vs Brock then that would be terrible booking and could permanently damage Seth.

Seth vs Brock at Summerslam. Seth finally getting the clean victory

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The Bray Wyatt part was the best part

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Bray Wyatt's return did it for me, but Randy Orton losing took the rating down for me.

I was hoping to see Randy get a chance to inject Lesnar with one of WWE's Lethal Venom. R...K...O (Other one is DDT)

PS. I'm happy to see Wyatt was hitting the gym. He lost weight.

• Haha
Reactions: Death Walker

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Its time once again to Rate and Discuss tonights episode of Monday Night Raw, most notably whats supposed to be Heymans first episode with a considerable amount of creative control, as always leave your thoughts below rate in the poll above. And seeing as i was in the mood to discuss the show, and there doesnt seem to be any definite person to do this, i figured i got time, so why not.

Brock and Heyman Kick off the Show
Show kicked off with the new Universal champion Brock lesnar and his Advocate Paul heyman, they came down to the ring, Paul talked about hwo they told us so when paul mentioned he said Brock would cash in, and that it was a spoiler. He goes on to mention how he has a bit fo authroity and can make decisions like he did for tonights main event, a bross brand 10 stop star battle royal, with the winner to become Brocks opponent for SummerSlam.
After that they leave, Ricochet comes out and we get our first match of the night, a 2 out of 3 falls match between Ricochet and The Usos vs The Revival and Robert Roode

Ricochet and The Usos Defeat The Revival and Robert Roode

Ricochet got the first pin in a matter of seconds, only for Revival to tie it up just in time for a commercial, it ended with Ricochet reversed a Glorious DDt and hitting the 630 for the win. Then we got the club coming out, starting a huge brawl between basicly everyone, with the club standing tall at the end.

Viking Raiders Destroy Local Talent/Jobbers (One of Them Got Injured)

Next up we got the Viking Raiders easily defeating a couple of jobbers, your run of the mill "Make the superstars look strong by making them beat up random dudes nobody has ever heard of before" type match, it was quick and a fairly uncreative way to get The Viking Raiders over.
Also of note, one of the jobbers got a shoulder injury.

Cedric Alexander gets a Rollup win Against Drew Mcintyre

We got a pre taped backstage segment next with Drew basicly telling cedric he was gonna kill him, took it back noteing that isnt legal, then basicly just saying hes gonna destroy cedric in their match tonight, which just so happens to be next.

In said match between Drew and Cedric, Cedric got a roll up victory, so that happened.

Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe: Bray Wyatt Returns!

Next up we got a Finn Balor promo, he talked about how he plans to Keep Moving Forward and beat Samoa Joe tonight, Samoa Joe instantly responds and the match begins not long after, Balor ends up winning with a rollup, Balor wins and joe is mad, so eh tries to lock on the Coquina Clutch, Finn escapes, hits joe with his stomp, finn celebrates, and then..his music starts to distort, the pitch lowers, the lights shut off, crowd starts buzzing

Suddenly lights flash in the ring and we see The Fiend, bray Wyatt holding Finn ready to deliver Sister Abigale, lights come on and we see Bray in all his glory, he delivers the move and stands there in the ring with the creepy light flashes and sounds, no doubt setting up a match for SummerSlame between The Demon Finn Balor and The Fiend Bray Wyatt. Perosnally i cannot wait for this match.

24/7 Title Part 1
Next we got Drake Maverick with his wife checking into a hotel, after he leaves Truth shows up looking for Hornswoggle, great stuff.
And next Mike Kanellis gets beaten by Zack Ryder of all people in a short amount of time, if their goal is to bury Mike so far underground that his body will be melted by the heat of the earths core, they are certainly getting there.

The Club beat Lucha House Party

Next The Club take on Lucha house party, because appearntly they still exist, Ricochet gets involved and order gets restored, Club get the win and Aj sends a message to Ricochet by keeping the Calf Crusher in after the bell rings.

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi vs Carmella vs Natalya

Then we have argueably the worst match of the night, a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match to Determine Beckys number 1 contender, between Alexa, Carmella, Natalya, and Naomi.

First Carmella was eliminated with a roll up, and then the match began to take..way too long, crowd chanted THis is Boreing, Lets Go Cena, Cena Sucka, they lost all interest and nobody cared, Natalya rolled up Naomi nobody cares, then Natalya made Alexa tap out, and so we got Natalya vs Becky Lynch at Summerslam for the Raw Womens Championship.

Miz TV

We have Miz TV with guest Dolph Ziggler, and Ziggler basically rips into Miz calling him a “walking gimmick t-shirt logo” because he only cares about fortune and fame, just like his wife. Miz gets made throws Dolph outside the ring, and thats basicly it there.

24/7 Title Part 2

Next up we got Drake with his wife, Drake looks like hes wearingly nothing but the 24/7 title and they are about to...well you know, when room service comes in with their champagne. The room service guy doesn’t leave, and Drake realises it’s actually WWE referee Darrick Moore, and Truth pops out from under the table, jumps on Maverick and pins him on the bed to win the 24/7 Title. Great stuff.

MAIN EVENT: 10 Man Battle Royal

Next up we got the 10 person battle royal to determine brocks opponent for Summerslam between Seth Rolins, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Bobby Lashley, Randy Ortan, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Rey Mysterio, and Big E. it was what you'd expect from a battle royal, Cesaro eliminated by Lashley, Lashley eliminated by Strowman, Big E eliminated by Zayn, Zayn eliminated by Orton And Rey eliminated by Corbin,

Then we get down to the final 4, Corbin, Reigns Rollins and Strowman, the three faces stared the heel down and proceeded to beat up corbin and easily eliminate him, Roman hit seth with a spear by accident with roman distracted by his mistake Bruan tried to eliminate roman, but as roman tried to reverse and eliminate braun, Seth eliminated both at the same time, making it seem like he won but a sneaky Randy ortan was hideing, tried to surprise Seth but it ultimately failed, Orton was eliminated by Rollins.

And there you have it, we got Brock vs Seth rematch at SummerSlam for the Universal championship, Heyman cuts his typical "Lesnar will victimize and conquer you" promo, Seth responded wih his own response, show ends with the two seemingly about to fight but they dont.
So that was Raw! hope you enjoyed the recap and share your thoughts below! i will share my thoughts soon aswell.

I doff my hat to you, my friend. A perfect rate thread :)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
8/10

Bray as The Fiend was a lot of fun and impressive.
The interactions between AJ and Ricochet were very good and build their feud perfectly.
The Battle Royal was good and I, honestly, think Seth vs Brock will be good at SS.. but they have to make this the last match between them for a good long while.
The 24/7 stuff was funny.. R-Truth is great.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
A bit late here I really liked how Alexa carried the Fatal 4 way elimination match playing the limited offence tactical but dirty Heel but that crowd absolutely sucked ass.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
A bit late here I really liked how Alexa carried the Fatal 4 way elimination match playing the limited offence tactical but dirty Heel but that crowd absolutely sucked ass.
She did it very poorly because the crowd were bored af. Alexa is really bad at wrestling. Dirty heel tactics is the only thing she can do but nobody wants to see her do it. Why watch Bliss when you have the Revival being 100x better then her.

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
She did it very poorly because the crowd were bored af. Alexa is really bad at wrestling. Dirty heel tactics is the only thing she can do but nobody wants to see her do it. Why watch Bliss when you have the Revival being 100x better then her.
They all had a part to play and should be equally responsible it's not as if Natayla could carry a match at her level these days, She's regressed Terribly.

The Revival are bland as shit, Alexa has more charisma and Mic Talent in her pinky than the Revival do in their entire body.