Rate Raw 4/2/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 3/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's Raw and make sure to leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with Jonathan Coachman introducing the teams of Stephanie McMahon/HHH and Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey to the ring for a faceoff. HHH asked Angle why he ruined the signing of Ronda and before he could answer, Ronda interrupted and asked Stephanie and HHH why they signed her for two faced reasons. Stephanie McMahon told her that Angle already brought her career down and since Ronda and Angle both work for her, that Stephanie asks the questions. Angle told them that Rousey was going to make Stephanie tap out. HHH said Ronda's career in MMA meant nothing in WWE because there is a massive learning curve.

Coach went about asking the two groups questions, to which they gave very simple answers. Stephanie told Ronda she would lose her first match. Ronda asked Stephanie if she was right or left handed as she wanted Stephanie to be able to sign her checks after she rips the other arm off. Then, they posed for a photo opp. Angle tried to get between Ronda and Steph and HHH hit him from behind. Stephanie than put Ronda through a table.

Bayley vs Sonya Deville

Bayley won by pin fall before being attacked by Mandy Rose. Sasha Banks came to help out. Bayley attacked Sasha Banks before Absolution returned and attacked them both.

Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

Rollins won by pin fall

The Bar and Braun Strowman

The Bar came to the ring and said they didn't care who Strowman's partner was. Braun came out and said he found a partner but would only reveal who it was if the partner could get a match with one of the Bar. They agreed and Braun said his partner was a lot like him. Braun went behind the stage and came back with glasses and a shirt on, referred to by the announcers as Brains Strowman. He then fought the Bar until they fled.

Goldust vs Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy won by pin fall

John Cena

Cena talked about not wanting to take anyone's place that they earned at Wrestlemania and thus would be going as a fan. He then tried to summon the Undertaker by having the crowd cheer loudly. He insulted the Undertaker when he didn't show up and left.

Elias vs Heath Slater

Elias won by pin fall

Alexa Bliss and Mickie James vs Dana Brooke and Asuka

Asuka and Brooke won by pin fall. James and Bliss then attacked Asuka after the match. When Dana Brooke tried to help, they beat her down too. Then, Nia Jax came to the ring and caught Bliss. James attacked Nia, allowed Alexa to flee. Nia then destroyed Mickie in the ring.

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman

Throughout the show, Kurt Angle was trying to convince Paul Heyman not to do anything to anger Roman because, to Heyman's amusement, he was worried Roman might injure Brock.

In the ring, several wrestlers stood on the ramp to block Roman from getting into it in case he came out.

Heyman gave a normal Heyman Pro Lesnar promo. He did say that all the wrestlers couldn't hold Brock's jock. Roman came out but none of the wrestlers let Roman through. Roman found it odd that full time wrestlers were protecting a part time wrestler. They all then moved to let Roman through. Brock kept taunting Roman who eventually got into the ring and the two circled on another. Lesnar, however, retreated from the ring and laughed at Roman. Lesnar grabbed a chair and got back in the ring. Lesnar lifted the chair and then Roman hit him with five Superman punches. When Roman moved and held the title up, Lesnar hit him with an F5 and left him in the ring.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Opening segment was good, Ronda seems to be getting more comfortable on the mic. Stephanie is such a great heel. I hate that stupid bitch and hope Ronda whoops her at WrestleMania

Sonya beat Bayley. Boring match.. Nothing else to say.

Really tired of Rollins and Balor having matches together, but they still delivered a really good match. I'm happy Rollins won.

Strowman's segment was terrible, he's pretty good at comedy but this was a miss for him.. I actually thought Samoa Joe was coming out after hearing he was backstage.. or Big Show.

Matt Hardy vs. Goldust was filler, just a small match to build hype for this pointless battle royal on Sunday

John Cena's promo was amazing. I love how he just praised the entire WrestleMania card. His promos keep getting better.

Not sure the point of Elias vs. Slater but whatever. Elias won in a quick match

Nia Jax's promo was good. The match quality might not be great at WrestleMania, but it's one of the most well built stories going into the show.

Dana Brooke was a random partner for Asuka. I guess she's a babyface now?.. Asuka makes Mickie tap. Builds up Asuka and Alexa continues to be the cowardly heel.

Heyman cut a great promo, and the Lesnar/Reigns interaction was good as well.. I do think Lesnar is done after WrestleMania. Reigns is definitely winning this Sunday and Heyman said if they lose, they've both done with WWE.

I was going to be generous but this is the go-home show for WrestleMania... 4/10

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Is this WWE's pathetic attempt of copying Abyss/Joseph Parks?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I really would have expected more considering Sunday is Wrestlemania and all... :idk2:

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The only thing I want to really comment on is the Undertaker thing. I really have no idea where they are going with this. I don't know if Undertaker will show up or not or if there will be a match or not. I don't know if this was simply a way for Cena to bow out of the main event once and for all.

But regardless, it was a bad way to go about this regardless of what the point was. As I mentioned in the discussion, I've never been big on the Undertaker. I respect him for his devotion to the traditions of the business but his matches have rarely been very interesting to me. However, his popularity is one of the most unparalleled in wrestling. To put his fans emotions through the ringer this way aggravates me.

First, if there is going to be a match, then it's idiotic to not have Undertaker address that somehow. Even at Wrestlemania 31, he answered Bray Wyatt with a recording of his voice. So having him show up is not necessary. It seems like that if an actual match is going to happen, they're idiotic for not announcing it beforehand. This is the sort of thing that may significantly impact how many people watch the show.

I mean, I am sure a lot of people right now are really irritated and some of them likely will not watch Mania because they feel they have been cheated. They don't want to turn in for the main show to be cheated once again. And the ones who do turn in, because they've been given the false hope that maybe he will have a match will likely have the show ruined for him if he doesn't.

If there isn't going to be a match, then this entire thing was an exercise in disrespect for your fans. I couldn't imagine the Undertaker himself would be very keen on the idea. But if this was all just a big troll then WWE better prepare themselves for quite the backlash because they've trolled their fans before, but nothing this bad.

If there isn't going to be a match and there never was, this should never have been brought up. It's not right to treat your fans that way. If there is going to be a match, it still shouldn't have been done this way. Why tear the wind from the sails of your fans so soon right before your biggest show of the year? If I was feeling like this was the biggest anticlimax in wrestling in recent memory, I can only imagine how many of the actual fans of the Undertaker could be feeling right now.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The only thing I want to really comment on is the Undertaker thing. I really have no idea where they are going with this. I don't know if Undertaker will show up or not or if there will be a match or not. I don't know if this was simply a way for Cena to bow out of the main event once and for all.

But regardless, it was a bad way to go about this regardless of what the point was. As I mentioned in the discussion, I've never been big on the Undertaker. I respect him for his devotion to the traditions of the business but his matches have rarely been very interesting to me. However, his popularity is one of the most unparalleled in wrestling. To put his fans emotions through the ringer this way aggravates me.

First, if there is going to be a match, then it's idiotic to not have Undertaker address that somehow. Even at Wrestlemania 31, he answered Bray Wyatt with a recording of his voice. So having him show up is not necessary. It seems like that if an actual match is going to happen, they're idiotic for not announcing it beforehand. This is the sort of thing that may significantly impact how many people watch the show.

I mean, I am sure a lot of people right now are really irritated and some of them likely will not watch Mania because they feel they have been cheated. They don't want to turn in for the main show to be cheated once again. And the ones who do turn in, because they've been given the false hope that maybe he will have a match will likely have the show ruined for him if he doesn't.

If there isn't going to be a match, then this entire thing was an exercise in disrespect for your fans. I couldn't imagine the Undertaker himself would be very keen on the idea. But if this was all just a big troll then WWE better prepare themselves for quite the backlash because they've trolled their fans before, but nothing this bad.

If there isn't going to be a match and there never was, this should never have been brought up. It's not right to treat your fans that way. If there is going to be a match, it still shouldn't have been done this way. Why tear the wind from the sails of your fans so soon right before your biggest show of the year? If I was feeling like this was the biggest anticlimax in wrestling in recent memory, I can only imagine how many of the actual fans of the Undertaker could be feeling right now.

Yup! He has a huge cult like fan base as well, many of which would love to see him wrestle again.
It feels like this was done on the back of some toilet paper and then firmly wiped through Vince's arse.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Didn't watch the opening segment because I couldn't care less about their match.

Sonya vs Bayley. Nothing really to say

Rollins and Balor was a good match, and I am glad Rollins won.

I found Strowman's segment to be dumb as hell, but funny

Matt Hardy vs Goldust was there, not much else to say

John Cena's promo was actually pretty good this time, and I actually was on his side for once.

Elias vs Slater, why?

Nia Jax's promo was decent and got the point across

Mickie James and Alexia vs Dana Brooke, was meh

Heyman cut a pretty good promo, but we all know The Big Dog Roman Reigns will win

Overall, I gave it a 5/10

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Strowman's segment was great (surprising considering how dumb it was on paper), Rollins vs. Balor was good, Cena's promo was very good.

What was the point of having Cena soak up TV time week after week if he doesn't get the match with Undertaker?

I have a strange feeling that Ryback is going to be Strowman's partner.

2/10. Skipping over almost the entire show isn't how I wanna spend my time whenever I decide to actually look at RAW.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Elias is awesome. Braun is awesome but is being wasted. Love the Bayley/Sasha feud, still feel like Absolution is doing nothing.

Liked the Cena promo. Couldn't care less about Brock/Roman. Liked the opening segment. Seth winning clean was surprising.

Some good, some bad, so meh. 5/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
+ SKIP!!!

+ Sasha...leave the blueberry alone...she isn't worth helping...her career is dead.

+ Can Finn win the Intercontinental title & Seth & Miz move to SDL?

~ Okay...I could get pissed off that the Women's Battle Royal is on the kick off show...
but I won't. There had to be matches on the kick off show...and at least this means
that the Usos, Harper & Rowan & Rusev are all on the main show.

I'll still watch the kick off show & be hoping that Becky wins the Battle Royal. Of
course knowing the WWE Natalya will win it.

+ Brains Strowman? WTF WWE? Seriously WTF? STOP RUINING BRAUN STROWMAN!!!

+ Okay...so I know I'm generally negative about the WWE...but for me personally
the negatives always seem to out weigh the positives.

The fact 2 women, one of them who had an eating disorder when she was younger
& the other a victim of fat shaming herself in front of worldwide audience on WWE
TV are fat shaming another woman makes me feel sick.

Like it literally makes me hate wrestling.

Like I don't want to be here.

For all the talk of the Women's Revolution...the writers took one giant shit all over
it tonight & every single second of it was disgusting & cringe inducing.

This angle has been awful & it is only happening because Paige is on the shelf.

I have no doubt Nia would be nowhere near the title & the feud would have been
Absolution vs. Team Rude (Alexa, Nia & Mickie) with it building to Alexa/Paige
at Wrestlemania with the other four women clashing in the Battle Royal.

I swear on my 7 remaining toes if it wasn't for the friends I have made here I would
be gone as of this moment.

WWE...you can go get fucked on a bed of crispy lettuce.

And don't try and tell me its all "a means to end" ITS FUCKING WRONG!!!

The WWE is like a violent, Blue child playing with its action figures in the most
unintelligent way possible.

Whats next? Is Bayley going to start making fun of Sasha for having small boobs?

Is Charlotte going to start making fun of the way Asuka speaks? (DON'T YOU DARE!!!)

Who cares what the woman looks like...they should be defined by their actions not their
appearance.

+ SKIP!!!

+ SKIP!!!

+ Good to see Elias getting a win...is he in the ATGMBR? If not...then why not? And
why isn't he going to win it?

+ I don't care about Nia Jax...she hasn't done anything to deserve a title shot & win
at Wrestlemania...meanwhile women like Becky, Sasha, Ruby & Bayley are stuck in
a Battle Royal on the kick off show. Cash in on this match Carmella...I'm begging you.

+ And a women's tag match...and I don't care...of course Asuka will win, Nia will
chase Alexa & Mickie will eat the pin/submission.

I DON'T CARE!

Why isn't Charlotte here? Why not use the 3 hours of RAW to help build up that match?

WWE? Are you listening?

Oh wait...I forgot...you need to have multiple segments & promos building towards a
lazy prick fighting a Plank of Wood.

+ SKIP!!!

I'm done...I...might be done with the main roster after Wrestlemania.

I can't stomach this anymore.

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't know what people are expecting out of go-home Raws, given that these shows are never all that exciting in the first place. Fallout shows, after a PPV, are actually what you're usually supposed to look forward to. The definition of a go-home show isn't that they're giving their best to sell a PPV, but it's about letting them literally go home, not attend any house shows and rest up so that they can be 100% at Mania (or whatever PPV is ahead of them). So I don't get the argument of "this was bad for a go-home Raw" because that's not even what a go-home show's about lol
  • it's interesting how they're trying to make Steph look like an equal to Rousey in kayfabe.. even though one is an established MMA fighter and the other one's just the boss' daughter lol. Anyways, I guess they had to do something to let Steph get the upper hand in this feud once, even if HHH had to get chocked for it.
  • glad that Banks and Bayley got a good reaction from the crowd. I think they're doing well with this, hope they get a decent spot at Mania together.
  • Rollins/Balor was a good match, kinda surprised over Seth winning the match clean tho.
  • Brains Strowman was a funny angle and especially loved the way Corey marked out over it. "LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS MAN, WHERE DID STROWMAN FIND THIS GUY?" or "OH MY GOD, IT'S BRAUN STROWMAN!" when Strowman took off the glasses. Good stuff, Graves.
  • Nia Jax running
  • Cena/Taker maybe should have had closure now better than at the event itself because I highly doubt they're not gonna have this match at this point. If they don't, they better have a good excuse for Cena to come out every week and cry about Taker not coming out. One thing that could also work would be to have Taker come out or show signs of life on Smackdown (which I doubt) or literally just run an angle where Cena still comes out to the ring at Mania and have Taker accept on the spot. Either way, I think they would have been better off by announcing it beforehand, simply because of the drawing factor from a match of this caliber.
  • I am shook over the fact that Reigns is getting cheered, they've been doing such a good job with this feud but I doubt the Mania crowd will cheer him all that much lol. Anyways, if you compare it to their last encounter before a Mania, where they basically snatched the title from each other to establish.. something, I think this was by far better. Both of them looked good and the inclusion of the rest of the roster really made this feel like everyone's against Brock right now, making their match seem more like WWE's full time roster vs Brock rather than Reigns wanting the title for himself

Redboy123@

Reaction score

I think its pretty obvious that Cena v Taker is happening. Even casual fans know that.

A go home show is traditionally the last thing the fans see before the ppv. The whole point of a go home show is to get people hyped up and to persuade people who are not going to watch the show...to watch the show.

From this show, I do not think anybody new would want to watch Mania. But then again the only people watching Raw is wrestling fans.

In some places it fit the criteria tho. The opening segment was great. Stephanie and HHH are great heels. And the fans love Ronda. Smarks are moaning that Ronda cant act. So fucking what? Ronda isnt suppose to be a drama queen. She is suppose to be a straight to the point legit badass. Who gives a fuck if she messes up her lines?

Finn v Balor was a good match. Miz was great commentary. How great would a Corey Mauro and Miz commentary booth will be? You always need a third black guy tho.

Goldust and Matt Hardy gave reason to why they want to win the ATGMBR. Cant say the match is completely pointless.

Cena had another great promo. But I think no Undertaker has disappointed people. I think that's the whole point. American Badass Taker is a certainty. The big surprise will be him coming outta nowhere on a bike

Would of preferred if we got a stare down and a promo battle instead of Roman and Braun getting physical. The build to this match has been lazy af.

Strowman can do all the silly things he wants, aslong as he is still a monster he will never be buried. The fact he is funny gives him even more of a character. Other then just being the generic big man meat head. It would be better if Braun is unintentionally funny instead of trying to be funny on purpose tho. Braun is funny being Braun. Dont have him crack jokes and dress up as Brain Strowman.

Due to the context of the show, I will give it 5/10. Just wasn't good enough for a go home show. Smackdown will be better

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious that Cena v Taker is happening. Even casual fans know that.

That has little to do with my point. I took no stance in any way about whether the match would happen or whether or not people know or don't know it was happening. The entire point of my post was that REGARDLESS of whether it is or is not happening, having this segment as the last segment about it before Wrestlemania was awful. And I stand by that.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That has little to do with my point. I took no stance in any way about whether the match would happen or whether or not people know or don't know it was happening. The entire point of my post was that REGARDLESS of whether it is or is not happening, having this segment as the last segment about it before Wrestlemania was awful. And I stand by that.
You expressed that people feel cheated that Taker didn't show up on Raw. He wasn't advertised, Taker didn't say he was going to be there. The fans expectations have let them down. There has been no hint that Taker will show up on Raw. So I don't see how WWE have cheated and disrespected the fans.

Likewise at Mania. The match is not official and Taker is not advertised. But everybody knows that Taker is going to show up. It could be argued having him show up on Raw will devalue his appearance as a new Undertaker. If it going to be a new Undertaker.

You go into the hypothetical that the match may not happen. Unless Taker or Cena get injured, this is not worth saying. The whole point of the feud is to have doubt that Taker is not returning and is dead once and for all. So when he comes out as a new (or old version) Undertaker, it is going to mean more.

You may think that its a bad story or a good story. I think that they could of done a better story but I appreciate what they are doing. I 100% understand why Taker didn't show up. And in line with the story, I don't see how it was awful.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I didn't mind the show. Jumped in around the 45 minute mark. Maybe an hour in can't remember exactly. It was at the beginning of rollins/balor. I didn't pay too much attention to that but I will say... I hate how long matches are in modern WWE. Is it really necessary to have 2 or 3 commercial breaks during 1 match? That means it's way too long. Or have 1 persons intro, then cut to commercial, then the other? What happened to commercial break between segments? Eh whatever...these are a couple reasons interest has faded for me.

Overall the show was ok. Watchable for me. I'd give it a 5.

Was really hoping taker would come out or something...maybe they'll have a surprise match at mania with cena just "being a fan" in the crowd until *bongggg* you know the drill. Lol one can hope. I'll be tuned into wrestlemania atleast... and for a change I really hope Roman wins that damn belt