Rate Raw 2/18/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 5/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

HHH comes out and makes many comments. He claimed he thought it was cool when Becky Lynch attacked Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey at the PPV. He then announced DX as the first inductee into the Hall of Fame this year.

HHH then began talking about NXT. He welcomed Richochet, Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano and Tommasa Ciampa to the main roster for the night.

Tables Match: Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin

Strowman power slammed Corbin through a table to win.

Finn Balor

Balor was in the ring and got attacked by Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley. Richocet came to help and this created a tag match.

Finn Balor and Ricochet vs Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley

Ricochet and Balor won.

Lucha House Party vs Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder

Lucha House Party won by pin fall

The Revival vs DIY

DIY won by pin fall

Dean Ambrose vs Drew McIntyre

McIntyre won by pin fall

Aleister Black vs Elias

Black won by pin fall

Raw Women's Championship: Champion Ronda Rousey vs Ruby Riott

Ronda

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I'm going to be generous tonight since the effort was really shown, and I'll give this show an 8.5 out of 10. The booking worked out great, the matches told some stories that can be revisited, I mean even the energy from the wrestlers was a bit different and a bit more aggressive than usual. I loved that!!! Keep that same energy, WWE, keep that same energy.

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed RAW tonight and I liked that it opened with a tables match. Although I do wish we got to see more of Heyman and Rollins to start building up more for the feud. It's starting to seem like Heyman cuts the same promo every time, not to say that he isn't great though I just think they should do more for a main event of Mania.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This was probably the best Raw there has been in quite a while. It flowed well, most of the matches were great and it just felt much better produced than Raw has been in a while. I'll score it 7

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
damn this looks like a Raw from an alternative universe lol. It almost seems like a 1 night only crossover episode between NXT and Raw but shit, I'm not complaining. Bringing all 4 up at once presents a difficult task for the E, so I really hope they don't just get our hopes up and drop it again.

Also, this crowd was really dead, I've seen half empty pre-show crowds more alive than this one. Let's not go back there for the foreseeable future, shall we? I get that all the new faces could be a bit unfamiliar to people who attended Raw, but at least act excited

Reactions: Death Walker

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
First Raw I've watched in months. Pretty disappointed, ngl. I really hate to be negative because I'm not an incel smarkbeard, but nothing really happened. Four of people who should shape WWE debuted, and didn't really do anything. Ricochet had the best debut, since he just did Ricochet stuff. DIY didn't show any of their character whatsoever, and without that character Johnny just looked like a normal face and Ciampa just looked like a weirdo who keeps hugging his belt. Even the tag match was just okay, and it was between two of the greatest tag teams ever! Black, most disappointing debut. That's Aliester Black, biggest aura since CM Punk, and he debuted having a competitive match with Elias. Commentary calling him a blue collar hero didn't help either.

Lacey and Heavy Machinery was confusing, a little funny sure, but overall meaningless. I love Curt Hawkins so him having a match was nice. Dean and McIntyre was just typical "Job on the way out" stuff. The Hug n Boss segment wasn't very good, the Seth and Dean segment was okay, Rousey vs The Riotts made Riott Squad look even worse still, the Finn stuff was fine, and the table match was fun. On its own I'd give that a 6/10, but the wasted potential brings it down to a 4 for me

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
First Raw I've watched in months. Pretty disappointed, ngl. I really hate to be negative because I'm not an incel smarkbeard, but nothing really happened. Four of people who should shape WWE debuted, and didn't really do anything. Ricochet had the best debut, since he just did Ricochet stuff. DIY didn't show any of their character whatsoever, and without that character Johnny just looked like a normal face and Ciampa just looked like a weirdo who keeps hugging his belt. Even the tag match was just okay, and it was between two of the greatest tag teams ever! Black, most disappointing debut. That's Aliester Black, biggest aura since CM Punk, and he debuted having a competitive match with Elias. Commentary calling him a blue collar hero didn't help either.

Lacey and Heavy Machinery was confusing, a little funny sure, but overall meaningless. I love Curt Hawkins so him having a match was nice. Dean and McIntyre was just typical "Job on the way out" stuff. The Hug n Boss segment wasn't very good, the Seth and Dean segment was okay, Rousey vs The Riotts made Riott Squad look even worse still, the Finn stuff was fine, and the table match was fun. On its own I'd give that a 6/10, but the wasted potential brings it down to a 4 for me

Don't hate to be negative.. If the show sucked, say it sucks..

WWE is legit the worse it's been creatively in many years... Praising them over this garbage is worse than being negative about a show that deserves it.

Reactions: Doxo

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This show had good wrestling on it. If you wanna watch some good wrestling then watch this show probably.
[doublepost=1550609806][/doublepost]What is Alistair Black's character though? Like, what the fuck is this guy supposed to be? Will not get over.

Crash

Reaction score
This show had good wrestling on it. If you wanna watch some good wrestling then watch this show probably.
[doublepost=1550609806][/doublepost]What is Alistair Black's character though? Like, what the fuck is this guy supposed to be? Will not get over.

He's a satanist, he likes black metal.

Crash

Reaction score
6/10

First good raw in a very a long time, I enjoyed most of the NXT debuts, except maybe Gargano and Ciampa. I think they could have used better, they are supposed to hate each other, but on the main roster they are a team for some reason. Oh well, I liked that there was more wrestling and less promo this is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: Death Walker

Redboy123@

Reaction score
He's a satanist, he likes black metal.
That's not what I got last night. All I got was he is Dutch and is a blue collar hero. A guy that the everyday man can cheer for. Definitely not being portrayed as a satanist last night. Even still being a satanist and liking black metal is pretty generic. I mean I'm not expecting Mankind but still... WWE do a bad job at introducing new characters to new audiences. No fucking clue what this guys is meant to be last night.

Same with DIY. Ricochet was good tho.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
WWE do a bad job at introducing new characters to new audiences. No fucking clue what this guys is meant to be last night.

Oh I fully agree with that, it was stupid to have Triple H announce them which killed any momentum or surprise.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Oh I fully agree with that, it was stupid to have Triple H announce them which killed any momentum or surprise.
I don't need debuts to be surprising. What's the point of surprise debuts for wrestlers who the majority of the audience don't know. Give me some context, some story to these guys. Not just Michael Cole saying that they like to have fun.

Reactions: Doxo

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Lol at people raging at the NXT callups even though they clearly don't keep up with the actual NXT product. Gargano turned heel last October and I believe DIY formed again last Takeover.

Crash

Reaction score
Lol at people raging at the NXT callups even though they clearly don't keep up with the actual NXT product. Gargano turned heel last October and I believe DIY formed again last Takeover.

Nope, DIY did not reform they just wanted to have a feel moment at the end of NXT Takeover both of them with the belts. On the first NXT episode following Takeover Gargano explained that he was not going back with Ciampa. If there was ever a reunion it was last night on RAW.