Rate Raw 19th October 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw /10

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
results.png

- STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN opens Raw and introduces Undertaker. Brock Lesnar interrupts almost immediately after Taker starts talking... Heyman and Taker exchange words before Brock heads to the ring, only to walk away.

- The New Day defeated John Cena & The Dudley Boyz via pinfall

- Alicia Fox & Nikki Bella defeated Sasha Banks & Naomi via pinfall

- Shawn Michaels comes to the ring and talks briefly before being interrupted by Seth Rollins

Rollins says he is better than Michaels and HBK should be talking about him, not The Undertaker. HBK says it's funny that everyone aspires to be him. He says he never tried to be the second coming of anyone because he was too busy becoming the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

- Seth Rollins defeated Ryback via pinfall

- Sheamus, Bad News Barrett & Rusev defeated Neville, Cesaro & Dolph Ziggler via pinfall

- Ric Flair is in the ring after the break, he asks if they are "ready" not realizing Raw is live again, LOL. He announces the next match, Reigns/Ambrose vs Harper/Strowman.
Reigns is out ready to talk, but is interrupted by the Wyatt Family. Erick Rowan is there, Harper is not...

Reigns hits Wyatt with a big right hand and then takes out Rowan and Strowman with his chair. Ambrose comes out to offer some backup and The Wyatt Family regroup on the outside.

- HBK is shown suggesting to Triple H and Stephanie that Rollins team with Reigns and Ambrose against the whole Wyatt Family. Rollins strongly objects at first, but he ends up talking himself into it.

- Charlotte defeated Brie Bella via submission

- Kevin Owens defeated Mark Henry via pinfall (with the popup powerbomb, I should add). Ryback comes to the ring and powerbombs Owens.

- The Wyatt Family defeated Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns via DQ

Thanks to bleacherreport for some info!

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Put a lot more effort into the thread this week, hope ya'll like it!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gave it a 7/10. This was much better than any of the recent ones.

I liked:

The opening with Austin, Undertaker and Brock. Austin still gets the best ovations of anyone.

It was nice seeing HBK, Flair, Austin and such... but it's so weird that they were just used to introduce other people.

Owens vs Henry was all right

Charlotte vs Brie was all right.

Rollins vs Ryback was all right and thankfully not very long.

Sheamus, Bad News Barrett & Rusev defeated Neville, Cesaro & Dolph Ziggler was all right.

Wyatt Family vs Shield was pretty enjoyable as a main event.. and I am going to call them the Shield whether they want me to or not.

I didn't like:

The opening six tag match

The Diva tag match.

The fact that Rowan was in place of Harper

All in all, much better than usual.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I zoned in and out, but the things that I paid attention to was solid. The beginning should've been more eventful though, especially if that was supposed to be a double-turn. 6/10

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
4/10

Still nothing really good happened, average RAW at best

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I gave it a 7/10. This was much better than any of the recent ones.

I liked:

The opening with Austin, Undertaker and Brock. Austin still gets the best ovations of anyone.

It was nice seeing HBK, Flair, Austin and such... but it's so weird that they were just used to introduce other people.

Owens vs Henry was all right

Charlotte vs Brie was all right.

Rollins vs Ryback was all right and thankfully not very long.

Sheamus, Bad News Barrett & Rusev defeated Neville, Cesaro & Dolph Ziggler was all right.

Wyatt Family vs Shield was pretty enjoyable as a main event.. and I am going to call them the Shield whether they want me to or not.

I didn't like:

The opening six tag match

The Diva tag match.

The fact that Rowan was in place of Harper

All in all, much better than usual.
Awe come on! The ending to the six man tag was good!

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It was good. But, I still feel the taker and Brock build up is terrible.

Raw itself was fine with new day winning.

The legends announcing superstars was kind of weird, but shawns was good.

The main event could've been so much better and could've at least had a triple power bomb.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I want to believe that Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns all being associated with one another on-screen again was a subtle hint at a triple-threat possibly occurring between them for the championship at WM32 given they were in Dallas, Texas last night. (On the flipside, if there was a glimmer of hope of talking Shawn Michaels into wrestling one final match at WM in his home-state of Texas, the segment between he and Rollins could have been interpreted in the same way, but I can't see him agreeing to come out of retirement. Oh well.)

Reactions: Red Rain

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I want to believe that Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns all being associated with one another on-screen again was a subtle hint at a triple-threat possibly occurring between them for the championship at WM32 given they were in Dallas, Texas last night. (On the flipside, if there was a glimmer of hope of talking Shawn Michaels into wrestling one final match at WM in his home-state of Texas, the segment between he and Rollins could have been interpreted in the same way, but I can't see him agreeing to come out of retirement. Oh well.)
Given that there's rumored to be 6 main events for mania 32, it doesn't surprise me that Shawn could be wrestling in some fashion. Should. Brock. Taker. Rock..... It'll be interesting.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a tad bit better than usual, but that's not much of a compliment. It was an OK go-home show, at best. 5/10

Also, WWE bringing back the legends and having a meaningless Shield reunion was clearly a desperate ratings ploy.

Positives:
- The opening segment with Stone Cold/Taker/Lesnar/Heyman.

- All things New Day.

- Rollins not jobbing was a nice bonus this week. And that in-ring segment he had with HBK was a'ight.

- Sheamus, Barrett & Rusev vs Cesaro, DZ & Neville was a'ight.

- Mark Henry saying "I've been a bully for 19 years", as well as him receiving the Pop-Up Powerbomb was nice.

- The Wyatt Family vs The Shield was a decent ME, as well as the post-match segment.

Negatives:
- The New Day vs Jawn Cena & The Dudley Boyz was meh and basically a copy-paste of their previous match. At least The New Day won again, tho.

- The divas tag match was boring.

- Rollins vs Ryback was mad short and had zero chance of being a good match. Shame. Plus, Ryback was made to look like crap by losing here.
But hey, I guess they realized that later on and had him come out post-KO/Henry match to get some heat on KO and also not sell his injuries that the commentators made sure to say would be an issue this Sunday at HIAC. That only made the earlier Rollins/Ryback encounter even more useless.
:quimby:

- Reigns/Wyatt segment. I mean, them simply sitting down to talk it out like gentlemen after how this feud has been was outright silly.
I feel bad for Reigns. He's been given some BS material lately. Does Vince want this guy to fail? Also, the cheer lines for Reigns by HBK and Flair was clearly Vince making it official: WE'RE BACK ON THE REIGNS TRAIN AGAIN, DAMMIT... and heading straight into the Royal Rumble Rebellion III.

- Also... The Most Underwhelming Comeback Of The Year goes to: Erick Rowan. I mean, what the hell? He just popped up there. They could've at least had Bray explain why Rowan was back in the family and why Harper was absent.

- Charlotte vs "C'mon, Nikki" was boring.

- Meaningless Shield reunion.

- KO vs Mark Henry.