Rate Raw 10/23/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• Total voters

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This was kind of interesting a show in a…bizarre way perhaps? Right off the bat, I gave it a 6/10 so it’s not like I completely hated everything but, like, certain things just had me scratching my head thinking “what the fuck”….Notes:

- So, opening segment we have Kurt Angle announcing the first matches for Survivor Series and the lineup includes RAW Tag Champs versus SD Tag Champs, the IC Champ versus the US Champs, RAW Woman’s Champ versus SD Woman’s Champ and, of course, the Universal Champ versus the WWE Champ. In other words, all champions from each brand will “clash” during Survivor Series in non title contests. Hmm, isn’t there a certain PPV named…Clash of Champions? Just saying…

But of course, I get it (and Cole made sure to point it out numerous times throughout the show), Survivor Series is the one time of the year where superstars from both brands get to fight each other blah blah blah.

I already heard some comments like “Bliss vs. Natty?” or “Miz vs. Corbin”? Who wants to see these matches? Well, if you’d listen a bit more carefully to how Kurt Angle presented the damn thing, you’d realize that at least one or two are bound to change. Angle’s use of the line “as of now” right before announcing the matches is the biggest hint because, yes, I too agree that Corbin versus Miz isn’t exactly a treat or a match people would be dying to see, nor is Bliss versus Natty. In other words, what I do expect is for either Miz or Corbin to be dropping their respective titles before Survivor Series and the same for either Bliss or Natty so, if not even both. On the other hand, Rollins & Amrose versus the Uso’s…sign me up !!!

- During my TLC rating yesterday I sort of joked about the idea of a Strowman versus Kane match and Lord behold, it’s exactly what they are going to do. Now, don’t get me wrong, Kane is one of my all time favorites and I have all the respect in the world for the guy but…that being said, is it really that necessary? Does Strowman really “need” this in order to establish him as the true monster of WWE? I totally understand the name value that Kane has but after all these months in which we’ve witnessed the craziest of shit with Braun, I just don’t find this necessary…unless….and this I feel can work…unless this will be how WWE decide to retire Kane…Hey, if Kane has decided to call it a day after all these years and more so if he is successful as far as his political activities are concerned, this can be a storyline I can get behind of….

- That being said, I don't see why Kane had to beat Balor like this. Once again, not necessary...As if Kane is some newbie in the business that we need to build for Braun...

- Was it me or was Brock really in a hurry? He just stormed out of there as soon as Heymann was done...Then again, he ain't getting paid by the hour, right?

- While on the subject, what a nice, proper burial of Jinder :p

- I totally understand and give credit to WWE for trying to do this big angle headed into Survivor Series but this "invasion", this seige as Shane put it, kind of came out of nowhere, don't you think? It's not like they've played the "competition" card all year long to all of a sudden make this some type of war between red and blue.

Why the hate from Shane all of a sudden? How is AJ teaming up with Rollins and Ambrose in the beginning of the show and beating them up by the end of it? Why is Chad Gable THE VERY FIRST GUY to attack Jason Jordan when they spot him in the locker room? Why is Tye Dillinger a part of all this? Why is "I don't give a fuck" Ziggler a part of this? How is it that Natty and Carmella are getting along all of a sudden?

- I wonder what Daniel Bryan thought of this....

- I would have completely marked out if after every beat down Rusev would just yell "Happy Rusev Day" to the RAW guys :))))))

- Imagine the visual of the SD crew while going through the locker rooms, opening one of the doors and...there stands Braun Strowman...Oh dear....

- So, of course RAW will retaliate. Curious to see if they have any kind of surprises up their sleeves...

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Lol Kane has gotta go

First he ruins a cage match
Then he ruins the TLC match
Now he ruins Finns momentum from beating AJ Styles

I like Glenn Jacobs, but Kane needs to retire. Fat, old, and washed up. He doesn't add any value to storylines. If he wants to wrestle, keep him on house shows please

Reactions: Death Walker

Crash

Reaction score
9/10

The Smackdown invasion was something fresh, the Asuka rematch was good, I liked that AJ was part of the shield for a moment, I think that Kane squashing Bâlor because of the 2sweet is a work and they just want to build Kane strong into a feud with Braun. This was one of the better RAW in a long time.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I hate that I had to miss the whole Smackdown invasion thing. I had to watch it the very next day. That was awesome. And AJ wrestling on RAW? yaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss!

Reactions: Crash

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Was a good show but man the smackdown invasion was cool but not as cool as Rollins aj ambrose vs the bar and miz was that was a killer match.

But seriously to retaliate Raw should send over Joe on his own

Neilslam

Reaction score
This was kind of interesting a show in a…bizarre way perhaps? Right off the bat, I gave it a 6/10 so it’s not like I completely hated everything but, like, certain things just had me scratching my head thinking “what the fuck”….Notes:

- So, opening segment we have Kurt Angle announcing the first matches for Survivor Series and the lineup includes RAW Tag Champs versus SD Tag Champs, the IC Champ versus the US Champs, RAW Woman’s Champ versus SD Woman’s Champ and, of course, the Universal Champ versus the WWE Champ. In other words, all champions from each brand will “clash” during Survivor Series in non title contests. Hmm, isn’t there a certain PPV named…Clash of Champions? Just saying…

But of course, I get it (and Cole made sure to point it out numerous times throughout the show), Survivor Series is the one time of the year where superstars from both brands get to fight each other blah blah blah.

I already heard some comments like “Bliss vs. Natty?” or “Miz vs. Corbin”? Who wants to see these matches? Well, if you’d listen a bit more carefully to how Kurt Angle presented the damn thing, you’d realize that at least one or two are bound to change. Angle’s use of the line “as of now” right before announcing the matches is the biggest hint because, yes, I too agree that Corbin versus Miz isn’t exactly a treat or a match people would be dying to see, nor is Bliss versus Natty. In other words, what I do expect is for either Miz or Corbin to be dropping their respective titles before Survivor Series and the same for either Bliss or Natty so, if not even both. On the other hand, Rollins & Amrose versus the Uso’s…sign me up !!!

- During my TLC rating yesterday I sort of joked about the idea of a Strowman versus Kane match and Lord behold, it’s exactly what they are going to do. Now, don’t get me wrong, Kane is one of my all time favorites and I have all the respect in the world for the guy but…that being said, is it really that necessary? Does Strowman really “need” this in order to establish him as the true monster of WWE? I totally understand the name value that Kane has but after all these months in which we’ve witnessed the craziest of shit with Braun, I just don’t find this necessary…unless….and this I feel can work…unless this will be how WWE decide to retire Kane…Hey, if Kane has decided to call it a day after all these years and more so if he is successful as far as his political activities are concerned, this can be a storyline I can get behind of….

- That being said, I don't see why Kane had to beat Balor like this. Once again, not necessary...As if Kane is some newbie in the business that we need to build for Braun...

- Was it me or was Brock really in a hurry? He just stormed out of there as soon as Heymann was done...Then again, he ain't getting paid by the hour, right?

- While on the subject, what a nice, proper burial of Jinder :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

- I totally understand and give credit to WWE for trying to do this big angle headed into Survivor Series but this "invasion", this seige as Shane put it, kind of came out of nowhere, don't you think? It's not like they've played the "competition" card all year long to all of a sudden make this some type of war between red and blue.

Why the hate from Shane all of a sudden? How is AJ teaming up with Rollins and Ambrose in the beginning of the show and beating them up by the end of it? Why is Chad Gable THE VERY FIRST GUY to attack Jason Jordan when they spot him in the locker room? Why is Tye Dillinger a part of all this? Why is "I don't give a fuck" Ziggler a part of this? How is it that Natty and Carmella are getting along all of a sudden?

- I wonder what Daniel Bryan thought of this....

- I would have completely marked out if after every beat down Rusev would just yell "Happy Rusev Day" to the RAW guys :emoji_slight_smile:)))))

- Imagine the visual of the SD crew while going through the locker rooms, opening one of the doors and...there stands Braun Strowman...Oh dear....

- So, of course RAW will retaliate. Curious to see if they have any kind of surprises up their sleeves...

Neilslam

Reaction score
I saw the end of Smackdown and Daniel didn't look too happy. he said RAW would invade in
retaliation some point before SS and basically told Shane: "You deal with it." indicating he
wants nothing to do with it.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I saw the end of Smackdown and Daniel didn't look too happy. he said RAW would invade in
retaliation some point before SS and basically told Shane: "You deal with it." indicating he
wants nothing to do with it.

Figured this would be the case, hence the comment I made above...

If I were to take a guess, this could be a very early seed planted in creating detention between DB and Shane, ending up in DB finally leaving WWE as soon as his contract expires; and that's less then a year away.

Granted, it would be the most foolish and stupid thing for WWE to do if they indeed let him go but if the man wants to wrestle again and they don't clear him, well, too bad for WWE...