Rate Raw 1/15/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw and leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show.

Opening

Braun Strowman came out but he was quickly interrupted by Kurt Angle. Kurt condemned Braun for his actions last week and then he fired him and left. The crowd was chanting "You suck" to Angle and they meant it. Strowman was taken to the exit by five guards....one of the guards touched Braun and he destroyed all of them. He then vowed to take out everyone on Raw

Titus Worldwide vs the Bar

Jason Jordan distracted the Bar and Titus Worldwide won by pin fall

Backstage

Braun kicked in Angle's door. He then destroyed his office. When they came back from the commercial, Braun continued to beat people up. He came across a man holding a chocolate cake. While the man stood frozen in fear, Braun took a piece of cake and ate it.

Cedric Alexander vs Tony Nese

Alexander won by pin fall

Backstage

Braun began destroying the production trailer. He disconnected the cab and then tried to turn it over. Kurt came to stop him, but Braun turned it over. He then went to the announce table and he picked up Michael Cole and carried him around. Angle then told Braun that Stephanie McMahon called rehired him and called off the cops. Braun still threw Cole, who was then replaced by Tom Phillips

Nia Jax vs Asuka

The match was stopped when Nia Jax couldn't continue due to a knee injury. Bliss came out and her and the refs led Nia out. Alexa Bliss was with her in the back when she put ice on her knee.

The Revival vs Jobber Team

The Revival won by pin fall

Miz TV

Miz talked about how Raw was lacking interest while he was gone. He talked about winning the IC title next week.

Handicap Match: Roman Reigns vs Miztourage

Roman won by pin fall.

Sonya Deville vs Sasha Banks

Deville won by pin fall

Heath Slater vs Matt Hardy

Matt Hardy won by pin fall

Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

The Bar interfered and although it seemed Balor won, the match was restarted and Rollins won by pin fall. Rollins won with the curb stomp.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
7/10 +1 for the CURB STOMP

I mean, the carnage from Braun, and overall most matches on the show being alright or at least having meaning, means an overall pretty decent show.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so...let's have a look...

~ Blah, Blah, Blah...don't care...

~ Why are they having Titus Worldwide win matches?

~ You know what would have made Braun look strong instead of
him simply walking around causing property damage? Putting the
Universal title on him at Summerslam last year...just saying.

~ I see Enzo I SKIP!

~ Okay...so...wait...Asuka wins because Nia is injured...why?

~ Alexa Bliss can go choke on some glitter...SKIP!!!

~ Shouldn't the Revival be wrestling The Bar & Rollins/Jordan
instead of jobbers?

~ I guess The Drifter is taking Samoa Joe spot in a temp feud with
Cena...Ugh...cause I'm sure having Cena pin the Drifter again will
be a great way to get him over...it worked for Rusev.

~ Dead Tree Stump Spotted...SKIP!!!

~ So...are you telling me Sasha Banks...a woman who took part in 2
Iron woman matches & a Hell in a Cell match is defeated by a kick to
the midsection?

The WWE booking team can go get double fucked on a bed of crispy lettuce!

Paige appears on Raw but officially ruled out for Royal Rumble

Also this is another match in the long line of Absolution vs. Sasha/Bayley/Mickie
matches that I am fucking sick of already! Stop it WWE...Stop booking the same
shit every fucking week!

~ Man...as happy as I was for Woken Matt Hardy...I'm now completely bored
with it. Thanks for that WWE...

~ Okay...the Rollins/Balor match was solid...no complaints...but I was under
the impression the Curb Stomp was banned?

And I'm done...

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
8/10

I missed the beginning and the main-event, but the rest was pretty good. Braun Strowman is the best, as always.

Sonya Deville beat that worthless piece of garbage in 2 minutes, that was awesome.

Enzo is still entertaining, only good thing about the cruiserweight division.

Jason Jordan is starting to grow on me.

Kurt Angle's acting is terrible.

Alexa Bliss is the best women WWE has ever seen... except Mandy Rose of course.

Matt Hardy is just a laugh, but still entertaining when he competes.

NW1989

Jobber
Reaction score
Confusion of a fired angle on Braun strowman, if they were gonna re-hire him then Stephanie showing in person would have been far, far better impact than kurt practically revoking his statement!

What was the point of the production truck segment!? Anyone can throw papers around and yell!

Only bits I remember after this are enzo in which I fast forwarded soon as his music hit.

Nia injured segment (which she completely did not sell well at all) was completely pointless

Oh yeh nearly forgot...miz / Elias / Roman.....was only gonna be a build up to next week anyway so fast forward!

Sonya deville winning with a kick to Sasha midsection was simply a way to say paige is still here but give commentary a moment to announce she’s injured!

Commentary yeh...why take Cole off commentary? When all he did was fall on top of 10 men who caught him and fall on padded arena floor...duh?
Could have least put him through the announce table or stage wall.

And te main event aswell why create this friction between Seth & Jordan only for Jordan to actually do some good and they win!?

Good creative ideas coming forward but execution is somewhat confusing.

Better raw than the previous 2 months though, I’d imagine to get viewership up for the big 25 show next week

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm definitely watching this. The Revival is back and so is the Curb Stomp Blackout! Also, Braun Strowman being on a path of destruction sounds interesting.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
obviously we all love Strowman and shit, but the whole "flipping a truck" gimmick doesn't really make sense when he purposefully parked it so nobody gets hurt. The first time he did it, it made sense because Reigns was in it and it could have hurt him, but now he just did it to.. well.. do it. Even if you say he did it out of pure frustration, it just makes him look less badass and more like a spoiled little brat who didn't get what he wanted, so he started going apeshit in his room. WWE also didn't help by adding weird, and obviously fake, squeaking sound effects and 15 different camera angles.

Other than that, he was still the star of the night with that cake bit alone

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Everything that Braun did was just awesome, and made the show.

+ Asuka vs Nia was alright.

+ Great promo by The Revival, time for them to finally get the push they deserve.

+ Elias.

+ The main event was really fun. Yeey Curb stomp.

Cons :

- I don't care about the women's division.

Overall : 7/10

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fun show all around, gave it a 6/10 though cause despite the several good moments throughout it, some stuff was just...sigh...:

- The opening of the show was obviously fantastic and while all of us called "bullshit" on Braun being fired, it was still an interesting angle that made you want to stick around and see how things would eventually play out. This basically led to the "Braun Strowman Show" throughout the first hour (and thensome), with various cool as well as funny segments backstage but unfortunately WWE couldn't help themselve, could they?

For one, what is up with those ANNOYING AS HELL numerous camera cuts? I honestly find it very hard to understand how this makes for good TV (and this ain't the first time) when it clearly doesn't and, as mentioned above, it really killed any momentum when it came to Braun flipping the truck, making it look like a poorly directed low rated straight to DVD movie. All you have to do is go back to the ambulance spot a few months back and compare the segments; not even close man....

Secondly, was this the weakest pay off or what? "I just got off the phone with Stephanie and...ok...you're rehired and back in the triple threat"? That's it? Aside from the fact that it made Kurt himself look like an idiot, I think it would have been a lot more impactful had Stephanie (or Hunter, or both) showed up in person, calling out Kurt for the chaos backstage and perhaps his initial decision of firing Braun without perhaps consulting with them first.

Third point, the storyline stupidity aspect. So, you mean to tell me that Braun gets "fired" for his actions last week putting in danger the lives of Kane and Lesnar but, for example, there was nothing wrong when Kane put Braun in the dumpster truck or when Roman crashed the ambulance with Braun inside, right? Were those not actions of putting lives in danger?

- All in all, while I appreciate the idea behind this entire thing, showcasing Braun and all, at the end of the day, what good will it do if he doesn't win the title at the Rumble? How on earth do you not put the title on him...yesterday already?

- I feel really sad about Paige's situation but while this totally sucks, people need to chill with all the hate against Sasha Banks. It's called a fucking accident and whether we like it or not, shit fucking happens....

- Ok, three weeks in and I'm really starting to get frustrated with the way they are handling the Woken Matt gimmick and more so the prolonged laughing. Granted, I didn't watch all of the Broken Matt stuff on TNA, but I certainly don't remember all this excessive laughing. That ain't what this character is about Vince....

- Great promo by the Revival and I honestly hope they don't get burried next week, eating like 500 finishers from all the legend tag teams returning...How about we book a match against any legend team and have the Revival go over, huh?

- Curb Stomp back....Wow....Talk about something coming out of the blue and out of left field at the same time...But, hey, I ain't complaining....

- The awkard ending has me wondering if they are turning Fin Balor heel...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
- I feel really sad about Paige's situation but while this totally sucks, people need to chill with all the hate against Sasha Banks. It's called a fucking accident and whether we like it or not, shit fucking happens....
Hear Hear!

How about we book a match against any legend team and have the Revival go over, huh?
And now I'm having flashbacks of the Ascension being
buried by a bunch of has-beens...

God please don't let that happen to the Revival...

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
God please don't let that happen to the Revival...
I hope not. The Revival are fckn great. Prefer to see them face of against an old tag team like Dudley Boys or the New Age Outlaws (since they said DX ruined the wrestling business)

They have to win tho

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They have to win tho

Couldn't agree more and yes, like Grevious noted, hopefully this isn't Ascension 2.0...

Speaking of the Revival - and this is something I neglected to mention in my post above - the fact that Dawson used the term (when describing themselves) of "professional wrestlers" is something I found very interesting. This ain't sometthing we hear very often nowadays and it's one of those things practically banned from Vince's dictionary with other things like "belt" or "title shot".

Anyway, back on the subject, hopefully WWE do the right thing here cause God knows they could use a strong and reliable team on what is a very weak tag team division. There's no doubt these two are one of the best teams around so...treat them as such....

Crash

Reaction score
Show was kinda lame as a whole tbh, I mean don't get me wrong I like that they keep pushing Braun as a monster, but he came off a bit goofy this week IMO... I loved the main event and Seth finally got his real finisher back so that's a 5/10 for me.