• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate NXT TakeOver: San Antonio

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
rsz_nxt-min.png

Results...

Eric Young defeated Tye Dillinger (10:55)

Roderick Strong defeated Andrade Almas (11:40)

The Authors of Pain defeated #DIY (c) (14:30)

Asuka (c) defeated Nikki Cross, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce (09:55)

Bobby Roode defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (c) (27:15)

Reactions: Smg

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Great Pay-per-view in my opinion; NXT is just plain out amazing. I'm starting to get back into their shows again after taking a break for a few months, and I am hyped to see the direction they are going to.
I was surprised Roode got the win, but I am completely fine with it. Though, I'd prefer that Shinsuke never lost the title to Joe back a month ago or so...If that didn't happen, this moment would have been much bigger.

Also that Seth Rollins moment ayyyyyy, I marked out so hard. I hope that something happens with the both of them at the Rumble.

Crazykillerv1

The Showoff
Reaction score
There wasn't a lot wrong with the ppv the woman's match ended a bit too sudden for me and the tag match could of been a bit better but overall another very good ppv. Solid matches all around other than the minor issues mentioned above and it had a few unexpected moments which I hadn't even imagined happening once again nxt delivers a quality ppv.

Reactions: Smg

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
8/10

Excellent ppv but yes the women's match was very abrupt and anti climatic.

The seth rollins HHH segment was clever. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Plants the seeds for tomorrow night I'm sure.

Nakamura's entrance is awesome. And the way the crowd continues his music after it cuts is so cool.
Seeing that at a wrestlemania with 70,000+ singing his theme will be epic.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so I've only watched the Women's match and the Seth Rollins "cameo"

Now...I'm no wrestling expert...far from it...but I found the Women's Fatal 4 Way
very disappointing. It should have been a singles match between Asuka & Nikki Cross...
but I'm guessing that will happening later on down the line.

Now I'm Australian...and I totally support any Aussie athletes in any sport...but...
I find Billie Kay & Peyton Royce...hard to watch. Both women seem very awkward
in the ring...almost like they are too tall with enough "meat" on their frames.

Being in the ring with Asuka (& Nikki Cross) really exposed just how poor
their in-ring skills are.

Now don't get me wrong...I think there both great...and I want them to succeed...
I just hope their wrestling skills improve before they are elevated to the main
roster.

If I had to guess...the next TakeOver event will feature a triple threat match with
Asuka defending against Nikki Cross & Ember Moon.

Reactions: Solidus1

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
And I stay seeing the same fuckin people in the crowd.

Saw that over enthusiastic 'Lesnar guy' in that saaaaame fuckin grey skull shirt. When it showed Samoa Joe, then again when they showed Tyler bate, in the same fucking spot.
Also the guy in the 2nd row when it shows the main ring shot, to the left side in his blue/orange mets jersey. Again in the same clothing I've seen him on before.

If these mother fuckers aren't plants then they only have 1 set of clothes. And if they are plants....then why in the fuck don't they wear different clothes??? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
And @Grievous
They might be very new and unexperienced in the ring....but we ALLLL know you're probably a die hard peyton royce fan now.

Hell I am, and that's the first I've seen from her. Anyone with a body like that, wearing an outfit like that....can be as green as a golf course but I'll like them regardless! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If these mother fuckers aren't plants then they only have 1 set of clothes. And if they are plants....then why in the fuck don't they wear different clothes??? lol
They only have one set of clothes because they spend all their cash on WWE/NXT tickets...lol
And @Grievous
They might be very new and inexperienced in the ring....but we ALLLL know you're probably a die hard peyton royce fan now.

Hell I am, and that's the first I've seen from her. Anyone with a body like that, wearing an outfit like that....can be as green as a golf course but I'll like them regardless! Lol
Actually...to be honest...neither Billie or Peyton do anything for me...

Not enough flesh on their bones...and for me to find a female wrestler
"sexy" they actually have to have good in-ring skills as well...except for
Dana Brooke...because she's nice and thick.

I want them to succeed...but if they weren't Australian...I wouldn't care
about them at all.

Reactions: Solidus1

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
I thought the overall show was great, especially Nakamura vs Roode.

I didn't like Nakamura's injury tainting Roode`s win. It should have been a clean finish to go with how great the match was.

The Tag Titles match was very good. There were some very good parts. Not as good as past DIY matches, but still very solid. I was hoping DIY would retain, but it was unlikely.

Dillinger vs EY was good, but it had way too much interference for me. I wanted Dillinger to win, but it wasnt to be.

Strong vs Almas was surprisingly good. Strong especially, was very impressive.

Overall, I give the show a 9/10

Reactions: Solidus1 and Smg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
NXT TakeOver: San Antonio was a very good and enjoyable show. 8/10

- Eric Young vs Tye Dillinger was a good show opener. ★★★¼
Tye Dillinger is way over with the crowd, Sanity - not so much. Their entrance is cool and all, but they get no heat when they come out. Anyways, this match was well-paced with both guys putting on a good effort. Tye played the resilient babyface by trying to overcome the odds and almost did, but ultimately, the numbers game prevailed. I loved the ending with Tye getting back in the ring and setting himself up for EY's awesome finisher. The fact that EY's work throughout the match was focused on Tye's neck, which led to the finish is also appreciated. Now, hopefully Tye debuts tonight at the Rumble! It's about damn time.

- Roderick Strong vs Andrade "Cien" Almas was very good. ★★★¾
Even though this match had minimum build, it was still a very good and quality match. Roddy is one hell of a wrestler and Almas is, too. I mean, the heel turn has done wonders for him and the dude simply shows fire now. It took the crowd a little bit to get into the match, but the quality of the performance managed to bring them in. This was easily Roddy's and Almas best performance to date and I think the match really put them over in that aspect. Roddy won with a Sick Kick after a hot homestretch and even though Almas lost, he still looked great in defeat.

- The Authors of Pain vs #DIY was pretty damn good. ★★★½
The match exceeded all my expectations, #DIY are simply amazing and the match was constructed nicely. The AoP are limited, but #DIY played to their strengths and ultimately, they delivered a good match. The AoP won, of course. They've been unstoppable ever since their debut and they weren't gonna lose here. It's a bold move to put the belts on them, considering the AoP are still green, but they will continue to improve as time passes by. They are probably going to be holding onto those belts until the end of the year. I wonder what's next for #DIY, though.

- Seth Rollins/HHH angle was unexpected, but I liked it.

- Asuka vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay vs Nikki Cross was good. ★★★
I'm sure this match would've been better if it lasted a bit longer and if the closing stretch was better, but still, it was good for what it was. Billie and Peyton put on a decent performance, Asuka kicked ass, but Nikki Cross was definitely the star of the match. There were some disjointed segments during the match, but it wasn't bad. Asuka hitting a double German on the Aussies and Aussies putting Nikki through a table were by far the best spots of the match. Ultimately, Asuka retained, as she should.

- Bobby Roode vs Shinsuke Nakamura was a very good ME. ★★★¾
First off, the entrances were amazing and the crowd was super into the match. I felt the match could've been about 5-7 minutes shorter, though. But, the psychology and storytelling were on point. Roode was fantastic character-wise. I loved how Roode had scouted everything perfectly and frustrated Nakamura throughout the match. So, in order to win, Nakamura had to try something new, so he got up on the turnbuckles to hit a Kinshasa on the apron and hurt his knee in the process... Which created a good injury angle and played into the finish perfectly. I loved how Nakamura sold it, too. Also, the near falls in the end were great and Roode stealing the win made him an asshole heel he's supposed to be, while also protecting Nakamura. So, now I guess they'll do a rematch at TakeOver: Orlando and then Nakamura will debut the night after Mania. Nice.

All in all, it was a very good and enjoyable show.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
First, a big thanks to the boss man @Solidus for picking up my slack on the rate thread. I unfortunately didn't get to watch this live because my friend treated me to a bottle of cabernet sauvignon and that stuff was YUMMY. It also made me fall asleep at like 7PM :)

This was a good show. I gave it a 9. I liked all of the matches, even though I wasn't invested in them all.

Eric Young vs Tye Dillinger was a *** for me. I used to be a big Eric Young fan but right now I am rather indifferent, so I wasn't totally invested in this match. But it was enjoyable.

Roderick Strong vs Almas was solid ***1/2 match. Again, I wasn't invested in the wrestlers, but I still enjoyed the hell out of this match. Some good moves and I totally got into it.

The Authors of Pain vs DIY. **** I really enjoyed this match. It was completely on a level I didn't think the AOP could perform at. I think they're getting better and DIY is always good to watch. I'll be interested in seeing the AOP's reign and how they progress.

Asuka vs Nikki Cross vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay **** Okay, here are my thoughts about this match. This was a story telling match obviously. The idea was to keep teasing Nikki vs Asuka but never really letting them fully go at it. You had the silent and cunning psychopath Asuka vs the out of control sociopath Nikki Cross. This is really, in my opinion, the best women's feud they've had since Sasha Banks and Bayley. It was great how they kept getting close to fighting all out, just to have the other girls break it up. Putting Nikki through the table was great, but watching Asuka wipe the floor with Royce and Kay was awesome. But the story of this match is getting Cross and Asuka together one on one and I cannot wait for that.

Bobby Roode vs Shinsuke Nakamura ***1/2 I was a little underwhelmed by this match but it gets an extra half star for Bobby Roode's entrance. THAT was the closest to Ric Flair that anyone has done without actually trying to be Ric Flair. I loved it. I think having Bobby Roode as champion was the right way to go. But yeah, even though the match wasn't my favorite, I liked it and the outcome.

Solid show. Hope the rumble can compare.