Rate NXT 10/23/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate NXT

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1571886621832.png

Bianca Belair vs. Rhea Ripley

Ripley won by pin fall

Matt Riddle vs. Cameron Grimes

Riddle won by pinfall. After the match , Tyler Bates knocked Grimes out.

The Fashion Police and Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs. The Forgotten Sons

Breezango and Scott def. The Forgotten Sons by pinfall

Angel Garza vs. Jack Gallagher

Garza def. Gallagher by pinfall

No. 1 Contender: Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir vs. Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox

Kai and Nox def. Duke and Shafir by pinfall

NXT NA Champion Roderick Strong vs. Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic

Strong def. Dijakovic and Lee by pinfall

After the match, Tomosso Ciampa came out to confront the Undisputed Era. Johnny Gargano joined him. Then, Finn Balor joined them. However, Finn turned on Gargano and he and the Undisputed Era destroyed the other two. However, it was not clear what Balor was doing because he did not appear to join the Undisputed Era

Last edited:

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Stellar show. 8/10

Opening women's match was fine for what it was, which was basically just a bunch of stories being progressed.

Riddle/Grimes was worth the watch alone, seriously good stuff. Nice to see Trevor get the chance to showcase his talent after a few weeks of just squashes.

6 man was pretty average as expected, though Swerve definitely took advantage of the opportunity to shine.

Cruiserweight match was pretty good, my only real complaint was I feel like Gallagher should be gotten more offense in, but was a typical quality 205 match.

Women's tag #1 Contender match was sorta just there. Honestly outside of who won I have no recollection of what happened in this match. I just know the Shaynas Friends team is boring as all he'll to watch for the time being.

And finally the triple threat main event, which was everything I hoped for and more out of these 3. Scary tower of doom spot, but props to all 3 for acting quick and no one getting hurt. Feast Your Eyes into a Pounce was a pretty sick combo, even if the Pounce doesn't look that great outside the ring.

The happenings at the end of the night were basically perfect. I don't think I need to mention yet again how godawful I think Finn is, pretty much everyone knows that in great detail. So while I may be bummed that I have to watch Finn enter into a main event story with 3 super talented guys, his turn was a huge shock (the system). It got even better though when Finn didnt do the Undisputed Era hand gesture (maybe it was too complicated for him to figure out xD) so now we are left wondering whether he is with them or simply against everyone.

Seriously good show. Ugh, watching Dynamite when I get off work on Thursdays is becoming more and more of a chore with every week that passes with NXT delivering shows of this caliber

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I only saw a clip of it but that Balor turn was smooth as hell. His moves and body language were on point

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am pretty frustrated because it didn't record on my DVR. It FINALLY showed up on Hulu for me to watch.I am sorry for the lack of results but I will get it fixed. Sometimes when I miss Raw or Smackdown, I have no problem reading the results but NXT is more fun to actually watch and not know spoilers.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Balor stole the show. I mean that part of the show was phenomenal. He makes a great heel, but I don't want him as a heel.

WWE keeps missing great opportunities. They never did Lesnar vs Lashley. They should have had the Fiend win against Rollins and rule over everyone. Finn could win the Royal Rumble and the main event of Wrestlemania would be the Fiend vs the Demon. I mean, it writes itself.

So, while I think what happened was done well, I would not have done it.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Balor stole the show. I mean that part of the show was phenomenal. He makes a great heel, but I don't want him as a heel.

WWE keeps missing great opportunities. They never did Lesnar vs Lashley. They should have had the Fiend win against Rollins and rule over everyone. Finn could win the Royal Rumble and the main event of Wrestlemania would be the Fiend vs the Demon. I mean, it writes itself.

So, while I think what happened was done well, I would not have done it.
With all the amazing wrestlers they have, with all the money, viewership, 5 weekly shows, being a bigger name than wrestling itself - WWE could make every show a 10/10. Every single one. But in reality, their product is ovjectively worse and way less entertaining even than Impact that has 50 people in a high-school gym like venue and incosistent tv broadcast. I really can’t think of a company that brings up a less terrible product than WWE, with all sincerity.

And the saddest thing is even NXT is overshadowed and losing views because of a significantly better product AEW brings and airs at the same time. During these 4 weeks even NXT is worse than before. Seems like the more they try the more they fuck it up.

But hey, there is always dozens of thousands of angry marks that will always stand with WWE and tolerate all this mess. With a fanbase that has no clue about a sport they’re following this industry doesn’t deserve any better.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
With all the amazing wrestlers they have, with all the money, viewership, 5 weekly shows, being a bigger name than wrestling itself - WWE could make every show a 10/10. Every single one. But in reality, their product is ovjectively worse and way less entertaining even than Impact that has 50 people in a high-school gym like venue and incosistent tv broadcast. I really can’t think of a company that brings up a less terrible product than WWE, with all sincerity.

And the saddest thing is even NXT is overshadowed and losing views because of a significantly better product AEW brings and airs at the same time. During these 4 weeks even NXT is worse than before. Seems like the more they try the more they fuck it up.

But hey, there is always dozens of thousands of angry marks that will always stand with WWE and tolerate all this mess. With a fanbase that has no clue about a sport they’re following this industry doesn’t deserve any better.

Cannot argue at all. And this might surprise people that I was actually looking for an Impact broadcast to watch. I was thinking about putting my feelings about them aside and seeing what they do.

WWE should not have put NXT opposite of AEW. I am a HUGE NXT mark, but I choose to watch AEW because I think it is better.

Also,sorry I haven't been in the chats this week, everyone. I am working really hard on a HUGE Halloween video that will be coming out Halloween morning and it takes times to rewrite stories that are poorly written but still scary.

Reactions: white crow