Rate Cm Punk's carreer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
As said, with cm punk's carreer supposedly over, now is as much of a good time as any to say exactly how you felt about him.

preferrably rate him on two categories, the first being Punk as a wrestler(which would be based on his in-ring work over the years) and punk the character(His promos, his angles, his gimmicks). My rating personally would be 7/10 as a wrestler and 9/10 as a character(Yup, i'm a mark)

Ps: I would rather you be impartial about your rating, as in, don't give him a 0 under the pretext of "ERMARGAUD, PUNK IS SOO OVERRATED, HE IS SUCH A JERK TOO 0/10" also don't be a mark and only give him a ten if you really think he deserves it, avoiding at all cost giving your score based on "MAH GAWD, CM PUNK DID THE BEST PROMO EVAH, HE IS LIKE, DAH BEST IN DAH WORLD" of course, if you really believe he deserves a 10(or a 0, for that matter) it's all up to you, what I am asking is: Give me your impartial thoughts on his perfomances and his entertainment value, if possible, without taking his personality or work-ethic into consideration

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
8/10

He's had the longest world title reign in the modern era. He's had big feuds against some all-time greats like Rock, Undertaker, Cena, Lesnar, Hunter, Jericho, etc. He's one of about 3 stars that WWE have 'made' since that weren't involved in the Attitude Era. Only thing it's lacked is obviously longevity.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Memorable WWE title reign
One of the few WWECW champions at the time I liked
Straight Edge Society was entertaining
Cult of Personalty was best theme
Multiple championship reigns(although only his ECW, WWE and World Heavyweight title reigns were good.)
Good feud with Jeff Hardy on Smackdown
Multiple Money in the Bank winner.

7/10

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
8/10.

He did a whole lot over his career. Most of us agree that the vast majority of the best feuds of this era involved Punk, and he put on many memorable matches and promos that the fans won't forget any time soon. The Pipebomb was listed as one of the top 5 moments in Raw history according to the company. He put on great matches with great wrestlers from the past and the future, took on the likes of Rock, Jericho, Lesnar, Triple H, hell he even went after the Streak. He was almost always in the upper midcard and even had a kayfabe claim to be better than the top guy in his era, Cena. He's a multiple time MITB winner, multiple time champion, hell he had the 8th longest title reign in history* in a whole different era than most of those occurred.

Bad marks: Not being the top guy, longevity, and being saddled with too many crappy characters.

EDIT: Nah he deserves credit for the good characters. 8.5/10

Last edited:

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
The best thing in WWE's pathetic ECW Revival (except Elijah Burk). Then his ECW World Title Reign was meh, ok. I think he was at his best during the SES and the first few months of his return to WWE with Living Color. All in all, not a massive mark, I think he'll be remembered for the following

Pipebomb
Mocking Lawler
2 Time MITB Winner
Long Title Reign

That is all he will be remembered as, he didn't usher in a new era and left because things weren't going his way

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
8/10

His work from 2009-Early 2013 was absolutely awesome

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wow, lots of cm punk love in this thread, that's...surprising(except for Aids johnson, but he does present a valid case, so I will let that slide)

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Wow, lots of cm punk love in this thread, that's...surprising(except for Aids johnson, but he does present a valid case, so I will let that slide)
Just wait, one of the haters will come in and the punk marks will flood this mafk.

Snowman1

Reaction score
the punk marks have already flooded this mafk.

*throws out the Longhorn-shaped batsymbol*

Wk is on the way! Then Dolph's and Deth will handle things after dark and Black Jesus will wonder what the hell happened to his beautiful thread.

EDIT: @Toonami Tom 2

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
the punk marks have already flooded this mafk.

*throws out the Longhorn-shaped batsymbol*

Wk is on the way! Then Dolph's and Deth will handle things after dark and Black Jesus will wonder what the hell happened to his beautiful thread.

EDIT: @Toonami Tom 2
Wacokid wont post here, my bet is a few WWEF members are waiting for his post before they come in to kill this. That, or Lockhard will write a college essay on the history and well documented past of Phil Brooks aka CM Punk and the thread will die.

Reactions: THG? and Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Even though i read a lot of his full posts, would mark for Lockard to make a 3 full paragraph Punk essay, with the second one being about "Punks' time in WCW" just to see if anyone notices

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
All i know is CM Punk goes to Wrigley Stadium to cheer the cubs. Fuck CM Punk
braun.gif