Rate and discuss SD! 2/8

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Honestly wonder why we don't have more SD discussion threads. It's a bearable hour and a half online + all the important Raw stuff is recapped on SD anyway so we can kick that to the curb.

7/10. Good stuff. Entertaining throughout.

-Good job, writers. You made me not completely hate a segment involving ADR and a mic. That was funny, but not sure what they're going for with Vickie.

-Anyone remember when Swagger was a pseudo main-eventer and Rhodes was on the ass-end of a jobber tag team getting booted from Wrestlemania just a few months ago? Yeah, me neither. Finally, the roles are correct in this scenario, and the win was flukish enough to be believable.

-This Rhodes/Sandow feud makes me feel like a kid again, it feels natural to really pull for Rhodes here. He was friends with a pompous ass and got tired of his crap, so he turned on him. Simple. Believable. Awesome. Hey, WWE, we need more feuds like this, and less feuds like...

-Big E Langston vs Sin Cara. Yay, squash. Big E's character was never really defined, so this feud is really falling flat for me. It doesn't feel like the payoff that this should. The match should be good, but where the Rhodes/Sandow feud succeeded this one failed.

-Fast-forwarded through Punk and Fandango since it was pointless, then I turned off my brain, rewound it, and drooled while watching one hell of a match.

-Again, no setup = terrible payoff. Kaitlyn and Layla were friends for all of 5 seconds before Layla had her "diabolical heel turn" that looked terrible on top of that. So is Layla going to go back to the atrocious LayCool character + the Bellas are doing the exact same gimmick + AJ Lee still being a person + Kaitlyn now being the only face diva you've... well, you haven't really given us a reason to care about her, either... I want to like the Divas but this is going to be awful television. Can they just go back to Superstars?

-Really good main event. They've telegraphed Christian for the past 2 weeks, but still a fun match. Knew Orton wouldn't win so this felt like WWE was speaking to me, saying "Hey, Christian may be quite boring atm, but at least he's not RVD..." So yay, Christian! Can't think of a better option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roi

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
7/10 as well, I really enjoyed it. Overall, Smackdown still>RAW. That triple threat match was wicked. Lovin the Rhodes/Sandow feud as well. Fucking awesome gif below though.
DuYszpF.gif

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet but I heard RVD did a rolling thunder and Orton caught him with a scoop slam. Pretty damn cool I must say.

Reactions: Roi

EddieK

Jobber
Reaction score
The triple threat main event was freaking amazing ..Match of the night.
The overall rating I would give the show was 8/10

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I can't give SD passing grades when they don't utilize Ziggler properly. 3/10

Christian countering the RKO into a backslide was the only thing I marked for.

CrazyJ Cena

Jobber
Reaction score
The very deserving Alberto Del Rio makes a joke out of himself. He wants Rodriquez and he get's Christian.
Just telling him John Cena is not his kind of guy, haha! Poor Del Rio, Vickie!!