Rate AEW Dynamite 11/13/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1573688716090.png

Rate AEW Dynamite and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show!

Results are coming

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I finally gave a 10... it was impossible not to. Many weeks of rating 9 when I really would have liked to give a 10, but couldn't justify it because of a couple small things..they finally got a 10/10 from me.
Best episode yet hands down. Perfect pace to the show, appropriate squash matches, amazing promos (except the annoying censorship on TSN).. it was phenomenal. I didnt get to watch it until 1am but 3am came before I knew it.

So many times in the show I found myself getting lost in the entertainment laughing and feeling genuinely happy and excited at what was on my tv. I'm serious when I say, this show makes me feel like a 10 year old kid again. That feeling we used to get as kids, this show has.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Random Explosive Thoughts:
~ Its great to hear Tony back...
~ Omega is hurt...which makes sense...
~ Good to see Moxley building more momentum...a quick win & a great
promo from Mox...you can just tell he's loving his work again...
~ I still don't get the Dark Order...
~ Jungle Boy is an amazing talent...
~ I thought Evil Uno would have a deeper voice...
~ LUCHASAURUS IS BACK!!! ROAR!!!

tumblr_m5u4lyjJEJ1qh502no1_500.gif

~ Darby Allin is so great to watch...I really like the guy...
~ Spears/Janela are still at it...
~ Darby gets the win...and a match with Moxley for next week...Hell Yeah!
~ I still don't "get" Nyla Rose...
~ ALLIE! YAY!
~ I really do not care about this Brandi/Kong "angle" & I hope to God Kong
doesn't take the women's title from Riho. Look...I respect Kong...but she is
well past her prime...
~ So Jericho & MJF showed how to cut a proper promo...Excellent work
from both guys...although I don't want to see MJF in the Inner Circle...
~ Cody didn't look well...
~ And no one really cared about Wardlow...& I'm concerned about this
entire situation. I don't think MJF needs a "Heavy" especially since Jericho
is already playing that card with Hager in his corner...
~ And Cody looked even worse after this was all said & done...
~ This was the best Pac/Page match so far...and I do hope it is the last...
And Pac gets the win...in a very ruthless fashion...which I like.
~ The Young Bucks/Santana & Ortiz brawl was good fun...& the Private
Party/Santana & Ortiz match for next week should be great...
~ And the main event seemed rushed...but it was still a solid match...
& SCU retained with Scorpio Sky looking incredibly strong in the ring
& J.R has been doing a great job putting him over on commentary.

Look...I know AEW isn't perfect...and I do have my issues with it...BUT...
I enjoy watching it. I doesn't make me feel angry, frustrated or annoyed
& it just seems more like a wrestling show than some kind of pathetic
(& poorly written) soap opera.

I'm just glad AEW is there for wrestling fans who want an alternative.

:thumbsup:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
9/10

Solid show all around.. couple things I noticed..

1. Luchasaurus needs a better fitting mask.. he kept having to adjust it after every high impact move.. that shouldn't happen, and Luchasaurus is awesome.
2. MJF and Jericho were great and MJF is the most over heel in pro wrestling right now.
3. Young Bucks and Santana/Ortiz brawl was very good but I thought it was slightly too long.. Private Party should have come out and brawled with them a bit once they left the backstage area.. no need for that through the stage spot.
4. Darby Allin is my favorite wrestler in all of pro wrestling right now... he's the perfect opponent for Moxley.. next week is going to be great!
5. I don't like Nyla Rose... she is not entertaining.. she's slow and clumsy. Just doesn't do it for me at all... she doesn't have the in-ring skills to be a real threat and shouldn't be considered a threat just based on size.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
1. Luchasaurus needs a better fitting mask.. he kept having to adjust it after every high impact move.. that shouldn't happen, and Luchasaurus is awesome.
If my memory serves me correctly this is the first time
in AEW where his mask has been an issue. I'm sure it
won't be a problem for long.

2. MJF and Jericho were great and MJF is the most over heel in pro wrestling right now.
Very much so...

MJF is EXTREMELY talented on the mic & with his
character work...although I have to admit I haven't
seen enough of him in the ring yet. I hope he can
go where it counts the most.

3. Young Bucks and Santana/Ortiz brawl was very good but I thought it was slightly too long.. Private Party should have come out and brawled with them a bit once they left the backstage area.. no need for that through the stage spot.
I agree.

4. Darby Allin is my favorite wrestler in all of pro wrestling right now... he's the perfect opponent for Moxley.. next week is going to be great!
Hell Yes!

Darby is so over right now...and he got over by AEW
just letting him be himself. To me he's so unique &
captivating to watch in the ring.

5. I don't like Nyla Rose... she is not entertaining.. she's slow and clumsy. Just doesn't do it for me at all... she doesn't have the in-ring skills to be a real threat and shouldn't be considered a threat just based on size.
Yep...I fully agree. Its like she's the Nia Jax of the AEW.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show @Just Kevin

:bodallas:

Reactions: Just Kevin

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I don't like Nyla Rose... she is not entertaining.. she's slow and clumsy. Just doesn't do it for me at all... she doesn't have the in-ring skills to be a real threat and shouldn't be considered a threat just based on size.
Just remember she has been wrestling for about 6 years, I think and has yet to improve.
DBeZh-6VoAAidHD.png

Nyla got beat by Jurina Matsui, a J-Pop Idol from AKB48

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just remember she has been wrestling for about 6 years, I think and has yet to improve.
DBeZh-6VoAAidHD.png

Nyla got beat by Jurina Matsui, a J-Pop Idol from AKB48

and she's 37 years old.... I know that age doesn't mean as much anymore as a LOT of the talent is older.. but with barely any experience and being older she definitely wasn't and isn't ready to be part of a major wrestling show. Hopefully they'll have her and Awesome Kong feud for a long time.. Riho needs to take on some of the other girls that match her skill in-ring.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
and she's 37 years old.... I know that age doesn't mean as much anymore as a LOT of the talent is older.. but with barely any experience and being older she definitely wasn't and isn't ready to be part of a major wrestling show. Hopefully they'll have her and Awesome Kong feud for a long time.. Riho needs to take on some of the other girls that match her skill in-ring.
Eh, Rose v Kong will be boring to me honestly. Yeah, I have no comment on Riho.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
and she's 37 years old.... I know that age doesn't mean as much anymore as a LOT of the talent is older..
but with barely any experience and being older she definitely wasn't and isn't ready to be part of a major
wrestling show.
Well...I'm guessing the "transgender card" is one of the
main reasons Nyla has been given the opportunities
she has so far.

*Looks Around*

Yeah I said it.

Riho needs to take on some of the other girls that match her skill in-ring.
I think the AEW needs to develop a proper heel
(with the necessary in-ring skills) to prove as a
"proper" (& compelling) threat for Riho.

Hikaru Shida would be my pick for that role.

Eh, Rose v Kong will be boring to me honestly.
I agree.

Yeah, I have no comment on Riho.
?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well...I'm guessing the "transgender card" is one of the main reasons Nyla has been given the opportunities she has so far.
Yeah, that is pretty much what I have said, so no worries on that.
Look I like Riho, to some degree, but a 100 lb Japanese girl beating the likes of Britt Baker and such is way too impossible for people to believe in. Riho is great when she is facing the likes of other Joshi wrestlers like Starlight Kid, Leo, and so forth. Because let's face it, Britt should have been in the finals not Nyla and should have won the belt and not Riho, but due to her being good friends and everything with Kenny that is why she is the champion. Even Emi would have been a good choice.

And I will be clear if anyone likes Riho being champion and everything then fine that is cool by me, but I just don't think she should especially with the other women on the roster.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Look I like Riho, to some degree, but a 100 lb Japanese girl beating the likes of Britt Baker
and such is way too impossible for people to believe in.
But isn't Kairi Sane doing the same thing in
that company I don't talk about anymore?

Are you okay with that?

And I will be clear if anyone likes Riho being champion and everything then fine that is
cool by me, but I just don't think she should especially with the other women on the roster.
Hey that's cool...

Just because most people think "something" works
doesn't mean you have to. I mean just look at the
Fiend. I think its fucking Blue but most people
think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
But isn't Kairi Sane doing the same thing in
that company I don't talk about anymore?

Are you okay with that?

Hey that's cool...

Just because most people think "something" works
doesn't mean you have to. I mean just look at the
Fiend. I think its fucking Blue but most people
think its the best thing since sliced bread.
To some degree, yes I am fine with it and it does bug but I am fine with it because at least she is actually wrestling and just not being wasted away. Even when she wrestled Shayna she had to use speed and not power to counter the size difference. Also, I can understand the people who don't like seeing Kairi win for the same reason as I gave to Riho, which is fine.

Yeah, I liked the idea of The Fiend, but now I think WWE will either ruin it or it loses the concept I think Bray had in mind for it. Only thing, I really like now his new theme song.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
To some degree, yes I am fine with it and it does bug but I am fine with it
because at least she is actually wrestling and just not being wasted away.
Okay...well...I think that's a fair call.

And I have to say while I have no interest in watching it...
I'm glad both Asuka & Kairi are getting more TV time.

Yeah, I liked the idea of The Fiend, but now I think WWE will either ruin it or
it loses the concept I think Bray had in mind for it. Only thing, I really like now
his new theme song.
The mask kills it for me...

Its so generic & goofy looking...
but like I said...I'm not watching
so it isn't really an issue for me.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Perfect opening involving Omega and the physical and mental scars he's been given because of his Lights Out Match with Moxley last Saturday. It shows what these Wrestlers go through to entertain us people, appreciate it. Poor Nakazawa a guy I saw with DDT and he's usually a Comedy Wrestler, and he might of had a better chance to beat Moxley if he went the Comedy route to confuse him, but he was fish food of course for Moxley. Moxley challenged anyone who is just as crazy as him and he has the perfect dancing partner for Darby. Next week is going to be insane between the two, what if Moxley takes Darby under his Wing like he did with Shooter Shota in NJPW?

Dark Order vs. Jurassic Express. The return of Luchasaurus as The Jurassic Express is looking for a win desperately sadly they didn't get it vs Dark Order. Don't worry fellas keep fighting you'll get that win. I was really unhappy what we got with the Women's Division this Week. How can a random squash Match with Nyla Rose, and Kong cutting Allie's hair help either lady? The MJF/Jericho Segment was funny as hell to where I can honestly see MJF as the next Jericho in terms of talking, he just needs to put that effort in his in Ring work.

Page vs Pac was one heck of a Match and I'm kinda shocked Page didn't get the win here. Still both guys worked really well together helping both guys make people keep talking about their talents and future Title shots going forward. The brawl between The Young Bucks and Ortiz/Santana was lovely. Moxley backstage in Catering just watching the chaos too made me giggle, and damn the drop for Matt through that Wood Board sounded so great through my headphones. Private Party vs Ortiz/Santana is going to be great, but I imagine The Young Bucks will interfere before too long.

SCU vs Jericho/Guevara. I was kinda disappointed in the Main Event to be honest. The home stretch for the Match was good, but nothing before really made me go hell yeah I'm loving this Match going on. Still enough positives going on with this Episode next Week should be even better.