Rank these tag teams from my EWR Game

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
.....Holy Shit.....You Have a Star on your hands (The Rock was Destined for Greatness....)
Yea, he won the belt off of Angle at Mania this year (my second Mania, my highest rated show at 96%, I was stoked) and he won't lose it until at least Mania next year. Jericho may be next in line for the title.

My card for Wrestlemania 1998 that scored 96%

1.) Blue Steal & Sex Appeal defeated Super Elitists for WWF Tag Team titles (96%)
2.) Rob Van Dam defeated Nick Cannon (94%) Editors Note: Not sure who Nick Cannon was.. someone I signed and sent to development. I named him Nick Cannon because... I have no idea why.
3.) Bret Hart defeated Shawn Michaels (88%) I beat this match into the ground and fans stopped responding to it. My biggest regret of the card as I could have done 98% without this dud
4.) Mankind defeated Sabu (90%)
5.) Jericho attacked Angle with HHH's IC belt (90%)
6.) Stone Cold defeated Taz (99%) 5 star match
7.) Rock interview 98%
8.) Jericho over HHH for IC Title 94%
ME Rock over Angle 98% 5 star match

For Mania next year I think Y2J will defeat Rock. Only thing to decide is if I leave Jericho heel or turn him face and make it a face/face feud.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Jesus, those ratings are so high.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I love me some EWR from time to time, had one going on a few months ago, but sometimes it's a bitch running your own company. Awesome tag team list there you have.
thanks dog. I like to just leave the game up and book a show or two at a time that way I don't get tired of it. as I said I am close to two years into that scenario and I started back in Feb.

I've never been able to 'quit and form my own promotion' so I'm looking forward to that I guess. hopefully by the time I'm able to this hellacious slump the wrestling industry is in will have subsided lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jesus, those ratings are so high.
yea its not exactly a challenging scenario. I was on hard and turned it to rock hard but I can still do no wrong at this point.

Reactions: THG?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
thanks dog. I like to just leave the game up and book a show or two at a time that way I don't get tired of it. as I said I am close to two years into that scenario and I started back in Feb.

I've never been able to 'quit and form my own promotion' so I'm looking forward to that I guess. hopefully by the time I'm able to this hellacious slump the wrestling industry is in will have subsided lol
lol I first started playing last christmas and basically spent all christmas day playing that shit. Interesting stuff at times.

I've created my own promotion and it's a bitch to get a good TV deal, still haven't found one with my current promotion. lol sophie is a slut isn't she?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
lol I first started playing last christmas and basically spent all christmas day playing that shit. Interesting stuff at times.

I've created my own promotion and it's a bitch to get a good TV deal, still haven't found one with my current promotion. lol sophie is a slut isn't she?
She'd get the D

she's always giving me the fuck eyes
1f1124365b4c8b65db76ad8990ed2758.png
:woo:

Reactions: THG?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
2 easy 4 u.
15 guys on my roster are '100' over

I wish they would make it so one guys overness directly effected others. The audience simply can't love 15 guys equally. that's not how life works

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Some of those teams sound awesome. Especially Mankind and Raven, their characters would have been perfect for one another. Goldberg and D'Lo sounds just horrible, though.

I didn't even know what EWR was until I looked it up but are you allowed to take characters from different time periods and pair them up together? Because I think "Psycho" Sid and Kane (preferably unmasked) would make for a great pairing. Two psychotic guys out to destroy everyone else.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
15 guys on my roster are '100' over

I wish they would make it so one guys overness directly effected others. The audience simply can't love 15 guys equally. that's not how life works
15? wow lol. But yeah, you got a point.

you heard of the newer versions of EWR called TEW? I've only played TEW 05 (as it's the only one free out of the series) and it's more realistic than EWR tbh, but I still find both equally as good.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The best thing to happen during this game was my Trish Stratus/Undertaker feud.

Taker, first off, was somehow really underrated in this scenario. He only had 78 brawling so he was pretty useless against anyone but HHH who matched up well in their middle level brawling battles. Besides that he was putting on shitty matches.

So he wasn't being booked very often and naturally he was pissed off since he was still a 'main eventer'.

I always like to job people out before they leave and bury them so nobody can sign them without having to build them back up.

Enter: Trish Stratus.

I had signed her and sent her to development to be a manager, because obviously I don't do chick wrestling. I get the call from USWA and they tell me Trish is ready to be called up. I see she has 90 charisma which is fine, she can manage, but then see she has 94 brawling :shock:

so I start booking her (to job of course) in matches against dudes and she puts on good matches. No men will agree to put her over though. They will refuse and when I force them to it kills morale, so I simply don't do it.

Taker though, had pissed me off. So he was booked in a feud with Trish where he lost 7 straight singles matches. The best part? Taker had adopted a new gimmick for this feud.

A cheerleading gimmick :cole: . I cut him afterward and he was 59 over, Trish up to 64 from 30.

Don't cross the booker :badass:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Some of those teams sound awesome. Especially Mankind and Raven, their characters would have been perfect for one another. Goldberg and D'Lo sounds just horrible, though.

I didn't even know what EWR was until I looked it up but are you allowed to take characters from different time periods and pair them up together? Because I think "Psycho" Sid and Kane (preferably unmasked) would make for a great pairing. Two psychotic guys out to destroy everyone else.
Its fully customizable. I tried to sign Sid but Arn Anderson was like "I think that is a horrible idea, we don't get along well". Oh and I cut Kane pretty early on, his stats were terrible.

and don't you dare hate on the Romper Stompers. :dawg:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Its fully customizable. I tried to sign Sid but Arn Anderson was like "I think that is a horrible idea, we don't get along well". Oh and I cut Kane pretty early on, his stats were terrible.

and don't you dare hate on the Romper Stompers. :dawg:

Romper Stomper was a good movie, I found. :cole:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
15? wow lol. But yeah, you got a point.

you heard of the newer versions of EWR called TEW? I've only played TEW 05 (as it's the only one free out of the series) and it's more realistic than EWR tbh, but I still find both equally as good.
Yea I've played 05 but found the detail to be more of a hindrance and went back to EWR preferring the overall simplicity and quickness of things