Randy Orton - The future?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

With details slowly leaking over the ten year contract deal of Randy Orton with the WWE. Is Randy Orton going to be the man who will carry the WWE through the next 5-7 years and beyond?

In my opinion, yes. His character, gimmick and the reaction that he gets from the fans, it's all so well executed. Randy Orton also has all the ingredients of being a huge draw for the company in the upcoming years, his mic skills, wrestling abilities in the ring and looks are those of a Superstar. Thoughts on Randy Orton being 'the man' for WWE in the future?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
with such a lackluster roster Randy Orton can be easily perceived as the future. I like the guy alot but there really isn't that much of a crop to pick from.

Though he has came a LONG (really long) way. You can usually see a hole in him somewhere either it be his character, his wrestling or his mic skills but as of late he's been stellar. He's came a long way from headlock machine Randy Orton or the boring Randy. The Rated RKO feud with DX helped him big time along with the feud with Cena. He's cemented himself as the real deal and the fans can see that and with a 10 year extension the WWE can see that. If you would of came out with this thread a year ago I'd give you credit but he's already been a main event draw and last week he just formed a very soon-to-be dominant stable with jericho.

With such a lackluster roster and his improvement he's more then just the future. From now on end just like he says it's the Age of Orton. I expect Orton to be dominant in his career from here on.

Someone who could be the future of the Dub is MVP. He just needs better writing and a face turn.

MikeRaw

He's not the future.
He's the now.
He's been the now for a long time, and he'll be the now for a long time.

CenaMark54

last week he just formed a very soon-to-be dominant stable with jericho.

Jericho being in that stable would do nothing to help Orton. Orton should lead that stable and I think he will.

Orton is one clean win over Cena from becoming one of the biggest heels ever.

noumenon

As said, Orton is the NOW in WWE. And yes in some sense he'll be the standard for heels for a long time. He and Edge really broke out as the two big heels for this generation. They've essentially replaced guys like HHH as the new standard. I don't think we've seen Orton's full potential yet and with guys like HHH out of the way I really think we'll see him shine big time. Hopefully he and Jericho will share the heel spotlight well on RAW... I wouldn't like to see either of them overshadow the other. However, Jericho is much more established in "the biz" and hopefully will allow Orton to shine.

chessarmy

Orton's ok, he definitely isn't as good as what everyone on here makes him out to be. He's a solid heel I'll give him that, but as for in ring work he's nothing special. I see Orton being WWE's top heel for a long while, he'll carry the WWE in that department

MikeRaw

^I would say he is better than 90% of the roster in the ring, and definately better than every main eventer except Jericho and HBK.
HHH, Cena, Batista, Taker, Kane, etc have nothing on him in the ring.

He is by far the most convincing heel, and by far the most intriguing character.
Over the past 2 months, the aura about him has been outstanding. He really is the top guy in wwe imo. And, like I said earlier, I think he has been the best for a while now.

But you are right Chess, his ring work isn't exciting or the best but for a main eventer, that's almost as good as it gets. It's pretty technically sound.

noumenon

^100% agreed. Aside from Y2J and HBK I would say Orton is the best in the ring. And seeing as he has a vastly different in ring style than both of them..he is kinda in a league of his own. Even Edge...although he may be a top heel as well comes nowhere near Orton's in ring ability. Orton is the total package and seriously is just the shit....period..lol

chessarmy

Even Edge...although he may be a top heel as well comes nowhere near Orton's in ring ability. Orton is the total package and seriously is just the shit....period..lol

WOW. I think I can say it now:

You are all overrating Randy Orton. Edge > Orton btw.

MikeRaw

^I like Edge better as well, but really, if we are judging off technical ability, then Orton is better than Edge in the ring.
If you are talking about the other ways (brawling, etc) Edge may be better, but not by much, and that stuff hardly counts towards how good a superstar is in the ring. Steve Austin could brawl awesome, but he wasn't "good in the ring".

Orton is by far the best heel in wwe.
It's been a long time since someone had as many dimensions as him. He can have so many different types of characters, sometimes in the same show. He can be a pussy, or dominating, or a control freak over priceless, or teaming with them, or a suck up, or a rebel, all in the course of one show.
He's great.

noumenon

Same here... I like Edge a little better than Orton as well. But don't forget...Edge has years on Orton and for them to be as closely matched as they are says something.

JMay187

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Edge has been around for awhile and is just now getting a break the last two years.

Once Orton was in Evolution he's been in the spotlight.

Wordlife

Edge is and always will be great, face or heel, it doesnt matter

But as far as my man Orton goes... he will be the main guy in the WWE for a good 4-5 years, watch. Orton, Cena, Morrison and MVP will the carry the WWE imo, just like how in the past it was SCSA, The Rock, HHH, and Kurt Angle.... wait and see

MikeRaw

^Anyone who thinks a 35 year old who lost what, like 20 straight matches(MVP), is going to get a ush to be put in a position to carry the wwe is messed, lol.
I usually like your posts, and I actually like that one, but come on... MVP?

Wordlife

^yes... MVP lol, his whole "loss-streak" is a gimmick, I heard that he'll be turning face soon and joining with HHH to take on Kozlov and Umaga in the coming months. I was very into MVP when him and Kennedy were teaming on SD way back when, and his whole stupid "I lose to Kung Fu-Naki.. I suck, I lost so many in a row" gimmick needs to go, seriously, its pathetic. Imo, MVP has a ton of talent, yet the wwe never ever pushes him towards the right storylines