Randy Orton - Injured last night.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
BREAKING: @RandyOrton injured at #Smackdown in Indianapolis tonight. More details to follow on WWE.com as they become available.

I've just heard as well from someone that it could be up to 6 months... holy crap SmackDown is lacking stars. Henry, Christian and Cara are injured already.

More:

Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton went to a No Contest. After about seven minutes in the ring, Orton threw Barrett over the guardrail and they fought backstage and up an elevator. There, Barrett threw Orton down a staircase off camera before running out of the building. Randy positioned his leg in an odd manner and was clutching his arm as the show went off the air.

Source; PW Torch

Due to an injury he sustained at SmackDown in Indianapolis, Randy Orton will be replaced by Sheamus in scheduled Street Fights against Wade Barrett at WWE live events this week.

Check back with WWE.com for more updates on Orton’s condition.

and finally..

PWInsider.com has confirmed Orton's injury was back related. We have not confirmed the severity but know it was something to do with at least one of the discs in his back.

The reason I chose many sources, was because a lot of people think this could be a work. It's not, he's slipped his disc. 6 months reportedly :S.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
This is a big shame he's been putting on great matches all year. Im expecting punk to SD to replace him as the face if he's gone for 6 months.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dunno, I expect Sheamus to just get the push now. Bad news for Barret if WWE blame him for this. What's creative doing having him push Orton down stairs when Orton has a history of shoulder and back injuries?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Could still be a work to bring him in as #30 in the Rumble, lol.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nah, once it's on a WWE Twitter account and WWE.COM before SmackDown even airs, you know it's no work. WWE never reveal SmackDown is taped, but did in this circumstance.

Tombstone Piledriver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Wade Barrett @WadeBarrett 2m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Look, what happened at the taping was tragic. However, there are inherent risks in our profession. Play with fire, you get burned.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I feel like it's a work and at the same time, not a work. He'll probably be in Royal Rumble.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
You guys do realize the rumble is the next PPV right?

Hope it's a work.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Lol it's not a work, hard to get this into people's heads ;).

1) WWE NEVER acknowledge that SmackDown is taped. Never. This week wwe.com and an official WWE twitter account has mentioned it as Randy Orton slipped his disc in his back going down a flight of stairs.

2) It's what, 30 days away now the rumble or something? Orton recovering from a slipped disc in his back in 4 weeks? Wow. If he does I'll pull my hat off to him.

If it is a work then fair play to them, because they've fooled many people in mentioning SmackDown tapings and stuff. I always thought Orton could be a contender for RR winner this year, so if it is then I suppose they want to make him the surprise entry. But I seriously, seriously doubt it's a work.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Lol it's not a work, hard to get this into people's heads ;).

1) WWE NEVER acknowledge that SmackDown is taped. Never. This week wwe.com and an official WWE twitter account has mentioned it as Randy Orton slipped his disc in his back going down a flight of stairs.

2) It's what, 30 days away now the rumble or something? Orton recovering from a slipped disc in his back in 4 weeks? Wow. If he does I'll pull my hat off to him.

If it is a work then fair play to them, because they've fooled many people in mentioning SmackDown tapings and stuff. I always thought Orton could be a contender for RR winner this year, so if it is then I suppose they want to make him the surprise entry. But I seriously, seriously doubt it's a work.

It's splendid timing, that's for sure. Either it's a massive work, or he's out for WM. Which of the two do you want? :(

But yeah, it seems illogical with the injury, but the WWE IS illogical.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
WWE has often acknowledged that SmackDown is taped before.
A few years ago they always used to have the main event on the website before it was 'organised' on TV.

I'm probably wrong but I feel it's a work to have him win the rumble, because he was set to win it.
God knows who's going to win it now. Taker? That wouldn't make much sense.

OOooooh I know!!!
Bryan loses title @ RR.
Wins the RR to have rematch at Mania!
:D