Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I think the water tribe was meant to be inuit in Avatar

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Pretty sweet, he's a very good director. Looking forward to it.

Collage-Maker-30-Nov-2022-01.29-PM.jpg

Ang Lee, the Oscar-winning director of “Life of Pi” and “Brokeback Mountain,” is set to direct a film about Chinese American martial arts legend Bruce Lee.

Ang Lee’s son Mason Lee is attached to star in the film, which is in development at Sony’s 3000 Pictures. Dan Futterman, who wrote “Capote” and “Foxcatcher,” is adapting the script. Jean Castelli, Alex Law and Mabel Cheung and Wells Tower wrote earlier versions of the screenplay.

Bruce Lee, who died in 1973 at the age of 32, had a brief but lasting presence in Hollywood as an actor, director and martial arts expert. His films, including “Fist of Fury,” “Enter the Dragon” and “The Way of the Dragon,” as well as the TV series “The Green Hornet,” popularized martial arts across the globe in the late 1960s and early ’70s.

“Accepted as neither fully American nor Fully Chinese, Bruce Lee was a bridge between East and West who introduced Chinese Gung Fu to the world, a scientist of combat and an iconic performing artist who revolutionized both the martial arts and action cinema,” Ang Lee said in a statement. “I feel compelled to tell the story of this brilliant, unique human being who yearned for belonging, possessed tremendous power in a 135-pound-frame, and who, through tireless hard work, made impossible dreams into reality.”

Lawrence Grey, Shannon Lee, Ang Lee, Ben Everard, and Brian Bell will serve as producers. Elizabeth Gabler and Marisa Paiva are overseeing the project for the studio. The still-untitled film reunites Lee with Gabler, Paiva and Sony Pictures chairman Tom Rothman after working together on 2012’s Oscar-winning adventure drama “Life of Pi.”

“’Bruce Lee’ is a longtime passion project for Ang and a deeply emotional story depicting the triumphs and conflicts of one of the foremost real life action heroes of our time,” Gabler said. “All of us at Sony and 3000 Pictures are proud to help Ang and his filmmaking team create what we believe will be an extraordinary theatrical event.”

A decorated filmmaker, Ang Lee’s movies have scored at the box office in addition to collecting several Academy Awards: including four for “Life of Pi,” three for “Brokeback Mountain” and two for “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.” His other credits include “Sense and Sensibility,” “Hulk,” “Lust” and “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.”

Mason Lee, who is 32, has appeared in “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” and “The Hangover Part II.” He most recently starred in the Taiwanese romantic comedy “Stand By Me,” Hong Kong drama “Limbo” and “Who Killed Cock Robin.”

Ang Lee is repped by CAA, Schreck Rose Dapello Adams Berlin & Dunham and Slate PR. Futterman is repped by UTA and attorneys Frankfurt Kurnit. Grey Matter is represented by UTA and attorney Jamie Feldman at Lichter Grossman.

Deadline Hollywood first reported the news of Bruce Lee’s forthcoming biopic.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Is it finally happening? :mark:

htra270_vv086-2000.jpg

Jackie Chan revealed he is in talks for a “Rush Hour 4.”

The legendary martial arts star made the announcement at the Red Sea International Film Festival in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where he spoke about his upcoming projects and 60-year film career in front of a a crowd of adoring fans who regularly interrupted the talks to shout out questions, congratulate him on his honorary Oscar and ask him to sing. (He was happy to oblige with a quick burst of “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You,” explaining that he learned to sing so that he’d be able to do something for his fans that wouldn’t involve fight moves.)

Chan spoke of his humble beginnings, earning 80 cents a day as a jobbing stuntman. It was in this capacity he first met Bruce Lee, when the superstar hit him during a staged fight. Chan says Lee was shocked, and Chan played up his injury to get sympathy. “As a stunt guy you can get hit every day,” Chan said. “It doesn’t matter. I pretend I’m hurt then he comes to help me. ‘I’m sorry,’ he says. The whole day and the whole night, every time I turn around, I see Lee looking if I’m okay. I wanted him to hit me again.” Chan got extra work as a result.

When Lee died, Chan recalled how he was groomed to be his successor. “I said: I am not Bruce Lee. So, if Bruce kicked high; I kick low. Bruce fights like this. I do it the opposite. That’s Jackie Chan. I just do myself.” Going to Hollywood, they told him to slow down his fighting style. “Like Clint Eastwood — BOOM — Make my day! It’s so easy.” Much of the conversation had Chan on his feet and demonstrating his moves, his fighting style and just bouncing with irrepressible vim as he acted out the story. Despite the fact that his first forays into Hollywood weren’t successful, cheers from the audience asserted that Chan is a worldwide star.

What has become “the Jackie Chan style” is marked by its combination of action and comedy. He said, “You cannot create any more action because, what? Punching? Kicking? Those kinds of things… boring. So this is why I slowly use comedy with action and all the props around me, and after I cannot use any more, then I do dangerous stunts. High jumps. Believe it or not, this year is my 60th year in the film industry.”

Chan speaks with extraordinary enthusiasm and affability. He’s the king of the humblebrag: detailing how he dominated cinema in Hong Kong, then Japan and finally Hollywood with “Rush Hour,” which, pairing him with Chris Tucker, finally allowed him to use his own frenetic style. He originally thought the movie would flop, but, “I got a phone call. Brett Ratner and Chris Tucker call me from New York. They’re crazy. We were $70 million in the first weekend. For me, I don’t know how to count.” But he adds to cheers: “We’re talking about ‘Rush Hour 4’ right now.”

When it comes down to the secret of his popularity and success, Chan insists it is the way he controls his films on every level. “There are so many good action stars. My action is better than some other people, not because I’m really good, but because I write a script suitable for myself. I can use the camera angle to make my action better. At night, I go home and edit myself and use those kinds of things to make my action better.”

Chan has a number of new projects simmering, to add to his 150 credits — 300, Chan is quick to correct the moderator, if you include his stunt work. He implored his audience to go to theaters and not pirate movies. He also talked about playing a doctor in “Never Let the Rain Stop,” a new project that will shoot in Saudi Arabia, to enthusiastic cheers from the local crowd. He lists a series of scripts he wants to do, one involving just Chan and a bird; another featuring Chan playing a grandfather who looks after a panda. Who doesn’t want to see that?

Chan is still full of new ideas and ambition. “In the old days we used to go out partying, but now my ambition is to become the good Jackie Chan,” he said. He closed with a promise to make less action films and more love films, before rushing out to the sound of applause and cheers.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
death_stranding_2_started_norman_reedus.jpg

Another massively popular video game is getting the big-screen treatment. This time, it’s Hideo Kojima’s action game “Death Stranding.”

Kojima Productions has partnered with Alex Lebovici’s Hammerstone Studios to develop and produce the film, based on the 2019 video game from Kojima. This will be the first feature from Kojima Productions, and it will introduce new elements and characters into the “Death Stranding” world.

“I couldn’t be more excited about this new partnership with Hammerstone Studios,” said Kojima. “This is a pivotal moment for the franchise and I’m really looking forward to collaborating with them in bringing ‘Death Stranding’ to the big screen.”

The original game “challenges players to reconnect a fractured society after the cataclysmic ‘Death Stranding’ event. This has opened a doorway between the living and the dead, leading to creatures from the afterlife roaming the fallen world marred by a desolate society. Carrying the disconnected remnants of humanity’s future in his hands, players embody Sam Bridges as he embarks on a mission to deliver hope to humanity by connecting the last survivors of a decimated America.” It featured an all-star cast with Norman Reedus as Sam Bridges, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux, Guillermo del Toro and Margaret Qualley.

“Death Stranding” has sold more than five million copies worldwide, and it won best game direction, score/music and performance for Mikkelsen out of nine total nominations at the 2019 Game Awards. Executive producers on the film include Kojima and Lebovici, via their production companies, and Kojima Production U.S. and Allan Ungar. Hammerstone Studios is fully financing the film.

“We are thrilled and honored to have the opportunity to partner with brilliant and iconic Hideo Kojima on his first film adaptation,” said Lebovici, who exective produced this year’s horror hit “Barbarian.” “Unlike other big budget tentpole video game adaptations, this will be something far more intimate and grounded. Our goal is to redefine what a video game adaptation could be when you have creative and artistic freedom. This film will be an authentic ‘Hideo Kojima’ production.”

Last week, Kojima announced that a “Death Stranding 2” game was in development at the 2022 Video Game Awards.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Never heard of this Warhammer but I hope he kills it with this and sticks it in the face of DC. I'm still crossing my fingers he does Highlander, and becomes Bond.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The Terminator” franchise just won’t die…maybe. James Cameron revealed on the “Smartless” podcast (via The Playlist) that discussions are taking place about him continuing the long-running action franchise, which kicked off in 1984 on a high but has since experienced one box office flop (“Terminator Genisys”) after another (“Terminator: Dark Fate”). “Dark Fate” was a particularly huge box office bomb with just $261 million worldwide, but that still might not have been enough to kill the franchise.

As Cameron said on the podcast: “If I were to do another ‘Terminator’ film and maybe try to launch that franchise again, which is in discussion, but nothing has been decided, I would make it much more about the AI side of it than bad robots gone crazy.”

“Dark Fate,” which “Deadpool” director Tim Miller helmed from a story by Cameron, was supposed to revive “The Terminator” franchise by reuniting original stars Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Sarah Connor and the T-800 Terminator, respectively. Cameron recently said during his “Avatar: The Way of Water” press tour that he was “reasonably happy” with how “Dark Fate” turned out, but he said bringing back the original stars was the nail in the coffin. It was a point of contention between Cameron and Miller, with Cameron refusing to make “Dark Fate” without Schwarzenegger and Miller only wanting Hamilton back.

“I think the movie could have survived having Linda in it,” Cameron said. “I think it could have survived having Arnold in it, but when you put Linda and Arnold in it and then, you know, she’s 60-something, he’s 70-something, all of a sudden it wasn’t your ‘Terminator’ movie, it wasn’t even your dad’s ‘Terminator’ movie, it was your granddad’s ‘Terminator’ movie. And we didn’t see that.”

Cameron added, “We loved it, we thought it was cool.”

Cameron directed and co-wrote the first two “Terminator” films, with the the 1991 sequel “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” often considered one of the greatest action films ever made. He had no involvement with the three sequels that followed, all of which were panned by critics. “Dark Fate” bombed at the box office, but did it receive somewhat positive reviews.

He is really the only guy I would trust because it was his baby at one time. Sadly I think though if it were to happen you would think it would happen after he finishes up all these Avatar Films.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
FlZBJAAWYAE1Lhb

Alot of Movies coming out in 2023 I would say Top 5 for me that I'm most looking forward to goes..

1. Dune Part 2
2. Scream 6
3. TMNT Mutant Mayhem
4. John Wick 4
5. Creed 3

Man so many to pick from The new Ant-Man, and GOTG 3 will probably be in my Top 10 at the end of 2010 because I love the direction and it's Villain. Transformers new Movie is something I've waited as a kid to see the Transformers from Beast Wars apart of the Live Action World now we've got them. I could talk very highly on every Film here I must say or at least say I have a general good interest to watch it when it comes out.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty awesome line-up. I'd say my Top 3 most hyped is Oppenheimer, Scream 6 and Super Mario Bros. The latter mostly for the animation style which looks absolutely stunning. If Oppenheimer is as good as I'm hoping, I could see it being the best movie to release this year.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind the choice. Became a much bigger fan of him after Bullet Train.

Aaron-Taylor-Johnson-The-Top-Choice-For-Next-James-Bond.jpg

British actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson has reportedly met with James Bond producers about the iconic role. Following Daniel Craig's exit as the Martini-loving spy, the actor was said to be one of the candidates under consideration to take up the mantle.

According to Puck News, Taylor-Johnson met with producer Barbara Broccoli recently, with the meeting reportedly going well. This comes as no surprise as Taylor-Johnson checks all the boxes producers are looking for in the next actor to play the world's most famous spy. To start with, he fits the 30-something-year-old direction that the Bond producers had revealed they planned to take. Co-producer Michael G. Wilson stated earlier that the team was looking to make the new James Bond a 30-something-year-old character, explaining that Bond could not be younger than 30 because he would be a man with some experience under his belt. In Wilson's words, “Remember, Bond’s already a veteran. He’s had some experience. He’s a person who has been through the wars, so to speak. He’s a person who has been in SAS or something. He isn’t some kid out of high school that you can bring in and start off. That’s why it works for a 30-something.”

Besides fitting the ideal age bracket, Taylor-Johnson has also proven to have the action chops needed to play the character. He has notably appeared in Bullet Train, Kick-Ass, Godzilla and Tenet. He is also no stranger to massive franchises, notably appearing in the MCU as Wanda Maximoff’s twin brother, Pietro. Taylor-Johnson's Pietro had an uncredited cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, before moving on to a more significant role in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Despite the fact Taylor-Johnson checks all the boxes, Puck News explains there is also a risk that the actor might become too famous to play James Bond because of the next two films he is set to topline, Kraven the Hunter and The Fall Guy. Both movies will be out before the next Bond movie starts filming; Kraven the Hunter is set to release on October 6, 2023, and The Fall Guy is slated for March 1, 2024. Additionally, the next Bond movie doesn’t start filming for at least two years. Broccoli had earlier stated that there is currently no script yet because they haven’t decided on the approach for the next film.

No word yet on which other actors the Bond producers are meeting for role, placing Taylor-Johnson as the current front-runner for one of the industry's most coveted roles. Be sure to stay tuned to Collider for updates on the James Bond casting.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Kraven comes out next year. I didn't realize that and now super excited for it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Also, thought there was a movie coming out called "Geek Facts" and definitely thought WTF is that when looking at the above graphic.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Spielberg-and-John-Williams-BFG-Carpet-GettyImages-542039144-H-2023.jpg

You know his music. Now, you’ll be able to know him.

John Williams, the legendary screen composer behind some of the most recognized movie themes of all time, is now the subject of a feature-length documentary, with his longtime collaborator Steven Spielberg among those spearheading the project.

Amblin Television, Imagine Documentaries and Nedland Media are in the very early stages of production on the documentary that is being directed by Laurent Bouzereau. Bouzereau is a documentarian whose credits include Five Came Back, Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind and Mama’s Boy: A Story From Our Americas. He is also a longtime director of “making of” and behind-the-scenes featurettes, producing several hundred of them since the 1990s, including dozens for Spielberg movies.

Spielberg is executive producing along with Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey, Justin Wilkes, Sara Bernstein and Meredith Kaulfers.

Williams is the most recognized and accomplished composer alive and perhaps the most influential in movie history. And it’s his unique 50-year relationship with Spielberg that is remarkable in an industry that resists longevity and is eager to chase the next big (and usually young) thing.

Williams, now 90, was expected to retire after finishing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, being directed by James Mangold. But at a talk with Spielberg onstage earlier this month, Williams surprised his friend by saying that he no longer planned on retiring after that film. A visibly emotional Spielberg remarked he’d better figure out what film he was doing next, then.

Spielberg went on to compare their 50-year relationship to an ideal marriage. “I don’t think we’ve ever had a disagreement,” he said, adding with a chuckle, “I mean, what am I going to do? Sit down and write the music myself?”

With a career spanning more than six decades, Williams has composed the music and served as music director for more than 100 films, including all nine Star Wars films, the first three Harry Potter films, JFK, Born on the Fourth of July, Memoirs of a Geisha, Far and Away, The Accidental Tourist, Home Alone and The Book Thief.

His nearly 50-year artistic partnership with Spielberg includes the Indiana Jones films and Jaws as well Schindler’s List, E.T., Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Munich, Saving Private Ryan, The Adventures of Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln, The BFG, The Post and the filmmaker’s current feature, The Fabelmans.

He began his career working on hundreds of episodes of television in the early days of network broadcasting, composing music for the pilot episode of Gilligan’s Island and shows such as Lost in Space. He also created themes for NBC Nightly News (“The Mission”), NBC’s Meet the Press, and the PBS arts showcase Great Performances. And he has also composed themes for the 1984, 1988 and 1996 Summer Olympic Games, as well as the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. With five Academy Awards and 52 Oscar nominations, he is the Academy’s most nominated living person and the second-most-nominated person in the history of the Oscars, after Walt Disney.

In 2016, Williams received the 44th Life Achievement Award from the American Film Institute — the first time in its history that this honor was bestowed upon a composer.

Williams was named the 19th music director of the Boston Pops Orchestra in 1980 and currently holds the title of Boston Pops laureate conductor, which he assumed following his retirement in December 1993. He also holds the title of artist-in-residence at Tanglewood.

Williams, a Los Angeles resident, is part of the fabric of the city and a summertime fixture thanks to decades of annual concerts at the Hollywood Bowl over the course of the Labor Day weekend that attract audiences both young and old.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Beyond time for a Doc and Biography on John Williams to be honest. This should be one of the best Docs once it comes out.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG