Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

I'm intrigued about this movie, it's got Sadie Sink in it as well who is my favourite actress out of Stranger Things

Been wanting to see Fraser get another chance to shine for a while now

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'm intrigued about this movie, it's got Sadie Sink in it as well who is my favourite actress out of Stranger Things

Ah man, just read the plot and the title makes more sense.

:mjcry

A reclusive English teacher living with severe obesity attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter for one last chance at redemption.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I've watched that multiple times and everytime it makes me want to cry. Fraser is finally getting his due as an Actor. I really hope The Whale gets him a Oscar nomination.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Anybody watched any good films on Netflix recently? Heard Day Shift and The Gray Man were pretty decent, so I'll mostly likely start out with those

Hopefully there's some good horror films since I last had it, but I'm pressing X to Doubt on that one :beckylol I kid, I'm sure I can find something if I dig around, I usually do

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
tumblr_p28qlwAD7p1vgtp7to1_540.png

David Harbour is revving his engines.

The Stranger Things star has signed on to star in Gran Turismo, the Sony Pictures and PlayStation Productions feature adaptation of the best-selling racing video game.

Neill Blomkamp, best known for his sci-fi movies such as District 9 and Elysium, is hitting where the rubber meets the road with this one, directing the project that has a script by Jason Hall (American Sniper) and Zach Baylin (King Richard).

Based on a true story, the project is described as the ultimate wish-fulfillment tale of a teenage Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills won him a series of Nissan competitions to become an actual professional racecar driver.

Harbour will play a retired driver who teaches the teen to drive.

PlayStation Productions’ Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan, as well as Doug Belgrad and Dana Brunetti, are producing. Game creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Hall are executive producing.

“As one of PlayStation’s longest standing and most beloved franchises, it’s great to be partnering with Columbia Pictures again to bring Gran Turismo to life in an exciting way,” said Qizilbash in a statement. “We can’t wait for audiences to see Neill’s vision of this inspiring true story of gamer turned professional race car driver.”

Sony is planning a theatrical release for Turismo on Aug. 11, 2023.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed this movie and more Keanu Reeves is always fine by me

john-constantine.jpg

Fans have been asking for it and now it’s officially happening. Deadline reports tonight that Warner Bros. is developing a brand new sequel to the 2005 Constantine movie!

Keanu Reeves is back as Constantine, with Francis Lawrence back to direct Constantine 2!

Deadline also reports, “Akiva Goldsman will write the screenplay and produce the project through his Weed Road Pictures, alongside Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams and Hannah Minghella.”

“Reeves will reprise as supernatural exorcist and demonologist John Constantine who in the original is dying but stays around to save his soul by keeping demons from hell from breaching earth. He also gets between a battle between the archangel Gabriel and Lucifer.”

Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Erwin Stoff will executive produce the upcoming Constantine 2.

With 2005’s Constantine amassing a fan following over the years and Keanu Reeves’s career currently hotter than ever thanks to the John Wick movies, it makes sense that Warner Bros. is now interested in bringing the DC character back to the big screen. The 2005 movie made $230 million worldwide back in 2005, against a $100 million production budget.

Matt Ryan brought the character to the small screen in 2014 with NBC’s short-lived “Constantine.” He has continued to play him in various other live action & animated projects.

Reactions: Chris

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
That movie wasn't well received when it came out, but it gained a solid cult following so that was bound to happen with Keanu Reeves' recent Hollywood comeback.

Everdark

Reaction score
Just finished watching Clerks 3, thought it was a good movie. Certainly a very passionate project for Kevin Smith. There is a lot of meta humor in it, so if that isn't something you like then the movie may not be for you.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Whenever I watch Fifth Element again, I'm always just so blown away with the visuals of this film. It's incredibly immersive, what a world they created

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Man I wish I had 4K

Reservoir-Dogs-4K-Wrap_3D.jpg

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, and a 30th Anniversary Blu-ray of Reservoir Dogs coming this November, just in time to celebrate the film's three-decade legacy. The special edition Blu-ray for the classic Quentin Tarantino film will be released on November 14, 2022.

Originally released in October 1992, Reservoir Dogs is director Tarantino's first feature film. The movie tells the story of a heist gone horribly wrong. After its initial release, the film attained cult status among film buffs and helped define Tarantino's extensive career. The film features many of Tarantino's signature motifs, from intense violence and blood, to cheeky pop culture references and quippy, back-and-forth dialogue.

Since the film's release, Tarantino has become one of the most consistent auteurs in film, with Reservoir Dogs being one of his most well-known films. Other notable works by Tarantino include Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained, and Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood. Much of his work draws from cinematic history, often referencing iconic Spaghetti Westerns and Exploitation Films of the 1970s. However, Tarantino has since become a cultural touchstone in and of himself. How many times, for example, have you seen a rendition of the "Stuck in the Middle With You" scene?

Reservoir Dogs stars many legendary actors at various points in their remarkable careers and features a cast including Tim Roth as Mr. Orange, Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde, Steve Buscemi as Mr. Pink, Harvey Keitel as Mr. White, as well as Chris Penn, Edward Bunker, Kirk Baltz, Lawrence Tierney, and of course Tarantino himself as Mr. Brown. The film was written by Tarantino and Roger Avary. Reservoir Dogs was produced by Lawrence Bender and was executive produced by Richard H. Gladstein, Monte Hellman, and Ronna B. Wallace.

The new Blu-ray release will include several special features, such as deleted scenes, a “Playing it Fast and Loose” Featurette, and a “Profiling Res Dogs” Featurette. The new Blu-ray will be released in 4K, showing every speck of blood in incredible detail. The anniversary edition Blu-ray will be released on November 14, 2022. The film will be released in 4K and Blu-ray for a suggested retail price of $22.99. Additionally, the film will also be released in Steelbook for a suggested retail price of $27.99.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Holy shit this sounds awesome.

------

Collage-Maker-29-Sep-2022-04.49-PM.jpg

Danny Boyle is set to direct a dance adaptation of 1999 sci-fi blockbuster “The Matrix.”

Titled “Free Your Mind,” the Warner Bros. Theater Ventures-licensed project is set to debut next October at Factory International, a new arts venue in Manchester, U.K. The production, described as a “large-scale immersive performance,” will serve as the venue’s inaugural show.

“Combining the hip-hop choreography of hundreds of dancers with the latest immersive design, ‘Free Your Mind’ will take audiences on a thrilling journey through ‘The Matrix’ and into a new realm of possibilities,” reads the logline.

“This eye-opening production will stretch across the building’s ultra-flexible spaces, responding to them and harnessing the collective energy of the moment.”

It is an unusual move for Boyle, who won an Oscar for “Slumdog Millionaire,” but not totally unexpected. He has turned his hand to a variety of projects over the course of his career, including directing the Olympic Games opening ceremony for the London 2012 games, which involved corralling 7,500 volunteers as well as professional performs in a series of musical and dance numbers. As part of the ceremony, Boyle also famously directed Queen Elizabeth II and Daniel Craig in a James Bond-themed skit.

Michael ‘Mikey J’ Asante is composing the music for the dance show while Kenrick ‘H2O’ Sandy is choreographing. Boyle’s longtime collaborator Tracey Seaward will produce. Poet playwright Sabrina Mahfouz (“Noughts & Crosses”) and artist Es Devlin are also on board to write and provide large scale sculptures, respectively. The show was commissioned by Factory International.

“The Matrix,” directed by the Wachowskis, was first released in 1999 and spawned three sequels. The most recent, “The Matrix Resurrections,” launched last year.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MS Paint announcement.

:garrett

------

Todd McFarlane has been trying to get a new Spawn movie off the ground for years now, most recently promising big news for October 2022. And, well, it’s now October 2022…

As promised, McFarlane took to Twitter today to announce that “huge” Spawn movie news will be breaking tomorrow, October 4, tweeting out a crude MS Paint drawing to go along with the tease. We have no idea what exactly this huge news will be, but with New York Comic-Con right around the corner, it’s only fitting that Spawn pops back up this week.

It’s been a long hard road out of development hell with his brand new Spawn feature, which most recently had Blumhouse attached. Todd McFarlane, the creator of Spawn, had originally planned to direct the movie from his own screenplay, with Jamie Foxx and Jeremy Renner at one point signing on to star. Brian Tucker (Broken City) recently came on board to work on the screenplay, you may recall, but that latest update came along well over a year ago.

Since then it’s been radio silence on all things Spawn, with the movie never quite managing to get off the ground. Perhaps something is finally happening here in late 2022?

Stay tuned for more on this developing story. And come on back here tomorrow…

“Spawn is centered on a black-ops agent who is betrayed and murdered and his soul sent to hell for all the innocents he killed. While there, he makes a deal with a demon who allows him to return to the earthly plane and his wife. However, five years have now passed, and his wife has moved on, while he is a disfigured and superpowered spawn of hell.”

Spawn first appeared in Spawn #1 back in May 1992. The character first came to the screen with a 1997 movie from New Line starring Michael Jai White, and he got the animated series treatment courtesy of HBO in the late 1990s. Keith David voiced Spawn in the series.

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
pulpfiction4kuhd3dstlbkbty.jpg

Often regarded as one of the best films in history, director Quentin Tarantino’s landmark crime drama Pulp Fiction is getting a 4K release for the first time ever. Paramount Home Entertainment will release the film on 4K Ultra HD Digital, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, and in a limited edition collector’s steelbook on December 6.

Originally released to massive acclaim in 1994, Pulp Fiction is a self-referential, non-chronological, postmodern film about interconnected crime stories in the city of Los Angeles. It established Tarantino as not just a thrillingly original voice in American cinema, but also foreshadowed his monumentally influential career. Pulp Fiction won the prestigious Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival, before going on to become a major commercial hit — it grossed over $200 million globally — and scoring seven Oscar nominations. It won one Academy Award, winning Best Original Screenplay for Tarantino and Roger Avary.

The steelbook comes with stunning new artwork of the iconic Jackrabbit Slim’s dance scene, in which the hitman Vincent Vega (played by John Travolta) and the aspiring actress Mia Wallace (played by Uma Thurman) have a dance-off after a nice meal and a flirtatious conversation. It was inspired by a similar scene in director Jean-Luc Godard’s Bande à part. The box art features close-ups of both Travolta and Thurman as they do The Twist, and also fun nods to other moments in the film, including the famous Big Kahuna burger, the $5 milkshake that Mia slurps at the diner, and the Red Apple cigarettes that she carries around. The new 4K release is packed with bonus features that should delight the film’s legions of fans.

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc

1. Not the Usual Mindless Boring Getting to Know You Chit Chat

2. Here are Some Facts on the Fiction

3. Enhanced Trivia Track (subtitle file)

Blu-ray Disc

· Not the Usual Mindless Boring Getting to Know You Chit Chat

· Here Are Some Facts on the Fiction

· Pulp Fiction: The Facts – Documentary

· Deleted Scenes

· Behind the Scenes Montages

· Production Design Featurette

· Siskel & Ebert "At the Movies"- The Tarantino Generation

· Independent Spirit Awards

· Cannes Film Festival – Palme d'Or Acceptance Speech

· Charlie Rose Show

· Marketing Gallery

· Still Galleries

· Enhanced Trivia Track (text on feature)

. Soundtrack Chapters (index points in feature)