Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tonnyhigh

Reaction score
Crossroads (1986)

Young blues guitarist Ralph Macchio seeks out an old former blues legend who sold his soul for talent and fame at the crossroad and they end up on a hobo road trip to Mississippi, meeting Jamie Gertz on the way.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Top marks to all involved.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
So I just watched Doom (2005) for the first time. This was a pretty bad movie starring the Rock. There was some decent action, but overall I was pretty underwhelmed by it.

The movie was made for 60-70 million and made 58.7 million.

What were people's thoughts on this film?

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Never a bad time to rewatch the whole trilogy :garrett Used to not really like the third one but it's grown on me and I appreciate what they were trying to do with it, but it's not on the level of the first two

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So I just watched Doom (2005) for the first time. This was a pretty bad movie starring the Rock. There was some decent action, but overall I was pretty underwhelmed by it.

It was not good, although I did enjoy the scene where they went in to FPS and it was like the games almost, I thought that was pretty well done

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Best line in a movie ever. Is from one of the not so great movies ever. Draft Day

"You pancake eating motherfucker"

It's a PG13 movie that tries so hard not to cuss and then boom that line out of nowhere. What's it even mean.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This sounds pretty awesome. I'd be totally down with a Drago film.

i-must-break-you-fifidonia.gif

A new Creed spinoff titled Drago, from screenwriter Robert Lawton, is in development at MGM, we can confirm. When contacted by Deadline, the studio had no comment.

Details as to the film’s plot are being kept under lock and key. But we hear that it will center on the Russian boxer of the same name, portrayed by Dolph Lundgren—previously seen in 1985’s Rocky IV and 2018’s Creed II—as well as his son Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu), previously seen only in Creed II.

The Creed franchise launched in 2015 is a spinoff to Sylvester Stallone’s sports franchise Rocky, launched with the iconic 1976 film of the same name. Michael B. Jordan stars as Apollo Creed’s son Adonis and is reprising the role in the upcoming Creed 3—having also directed the pic slated for release on November 23.

Lawton notably won a Nicholl Fellowship in 2021 for the spec script Becoming Rocky—examining the making of the Sylvester Stallone franchise launcher. He also wrote, directed and starred in the 2006 rom-com Sex & Sushi, and penned the 2012 thriller Crave directed by Charles de Lauzirika.

Lawton is represented by A3 Artists Agency. Today’s Drago news was first reported by The Wrap.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I like idea the of a Drago Spin off if they dive into his Dad's mistakes as a Father/Husband while giving time to his Son and having his moment in the Sun and making a name for himself like Adonis did in the two Creed films.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
BFC6DA36-87A9-4C0F-80CD-C19B819E35F3.jpeg

I thought Alicia was solid in the role but the movie was extremely average. Somehow, even if they were bad, I still prefer the first movie with Angelina Jolie.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

It's too dark, a lot of shaky cam, too many quick cuts etc... So a movie that is physically not enjoyable to watch. The only well-made sequence is the FPS one and I thought it was a little cheesy.
What I did enjoy was how Dwayne ended up being the bad guy, I was not expecting it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Top Gun: Maverick sunk Titanic as they became the 7th highest grossing movie ever and Paramounts highest grossing movie ever.

Cruise Bless.

• Wow

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Top Gun: Maverick sunk Titanic as they became the 7th highest grossing movie ever and Paramounts highest grossing movie ever.

Cruise Bless.
Wild. I know Top Gun and Cruise are both very popular, but it's had such an insane run. Great job to everyone involved with it. Not easy to make a sequel that does so well, and you've got people saying it's better than the first too.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wild. I know Top Gun and Cruise are both very popular, but it's had such an insane run. Great job to everyone involved with it. Not easy to make a sequel that does so well, and you've got people saying it's better than the first too.
I enjoyed the movie, I don't think it was better than the first, I think it also set up a third, and I'm glad it was nothing like the rumors going around a few years back. That said, would it have done as well if the pandemic had never happened? I imagine it'd have cracked the top 25 but I don't think it'd have hit the top 10. Though I'm curious what other 80s property Hollywood will dig up to make a sequel for now thinking this is what fans want.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Haven't actually read this one from Stephen King.

Bohemia Group has optioned film rights to Stephen King’s bestseller The Regulators, tapping George Cowan to adapt the Western horror-thriller for the big screen.

First published by Dutton in 1996, The Regulators is the story of the peaceful suburban life on Poplar Street in Wentworth, Ohio that is shattered one fine day when four vans containing shotgun-wielding “regulators” terrorize the street’s residents, cold-bloodedly killing anyone foolish enough to venture outdoors. Houses mysteriously transform into log cabins and the street now ends in what looks like a child’s hand-drawn western landscape. Masterminding this sudden onslaught is an evil creature who has taken over the body of an autistic boy whose parents were killed in a drive-by shooting several months earlier.

The film adaptation of The Regulators is being shepherded by Bohemia Group’s Executive Vice-President, producer Justin Ross, who helped develop the King-approved script with Cowan.

“I’m delighted that the excitement of ‘The Regulators’ is coming to the screen,” King told Deadline. “This is going to be good.”

“We could not be more thrilled than to be working with the prolific Stephen King and his team on this project,” said Bohemia Group’s CEO, Susan Ferris. “The novel’s themes and characters resonate so powerfully, and we are looking forward to making an incredible film.”

“Working with Stephen King is a long-time wish fulfilled,” added Ross. “Susan and George and I look forward to doing the novel and its author proud.”

Celebrating his 75th birthday this year, King is an iconic, award-winning author who lives in Maine and Florida with his wife, novelist Tabitha King. The pair are regular contributors to a number of charities, including many libraries, and have been honored locally for their philanthropic activities. Previous books to film from King include It, It Chapter Two, The Shining, Misery and Pet Sematary, to name just a few.

Bohemia Group, Inc is a global management firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York City, London, Auckland, Seoul, Singapore, Berlin and most recently, Karachi, which was established in 1992. The firm launched its production and development arm Bohemia Group Originals in 2015, with recent film credits including the action-thriller The Last Deal and Gravitas Ventures’ release, A Dark Place. Bohemia is also currently setting up a feature adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s New York Times bestseller Mr. Paradise—likewise penned by Bohemia writer, Cowan. In addition, Bohemia is currently shopping a series based on the USA Today bestselling Liz Talbot Mysteries by Susan Boyer, as well as a series based on the acclaimed Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman, which was a finalist for NPR’s Science Fiction and Fantasy Vote.

King is represented by Rand Holston Management and Gang, Tyre, Ramer; Cowan by Bohemia Group.