Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Redoing a tired trope but with a black actor is just lazy and patronizing.

I'd tell any native actor to not sign on for the eventual Pocahontas remake.

jojos

Banned
Reaction score
Molly's Game - 8/10 (Netflix), I thought this was great. I like Netflix movies and I use vpn ipad to watch US Netflix content without restrictions. It has unlimited traffic and high level of security. I think it's a must have app for every internet usert today. With its help I can bypass all restrictions and watch my fav shows and movies from everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Here we take a look at all original 4 Ninja Turtles actors (David Foreman, Josh Pais, Leif Tilden & Michelan Sisti) from the 1990 movie breakdown and discuss how the filming process was while inside the suits. Brian Henson, Splinter (Kevin Clash), Writer Bobby Herbeck and Director Steve Barron also join the conversation.

Still don't know how these performers didn't get seriously harm being in those Suits for the first TMNT Film. I still think theirs a way to do those Suits today and update them rather than CGI heavy ones they did lately.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Samuel Jackson in Garfield. Sign me the hell up.

Samuel L. Jackson (The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey) has signed on to star alongside Chris Pratt in Alcon Entertainment’s animated Garfield film.

The film from director Mark Dindal (Chicken Little, Emperor’s New Groove) is based on Jim Davis’ iconic cartoon strip of the same name, which follows a cynical and lazy orange cat of the same name and his interactions with his owner, Jon Arbuckle, along with his fellow pet, Odie. Jackson will play a brand-new character, Garfield’s father Vic.

David Reynolds (Finding Nemo) adapted the screenplay. DNEG Animation is animating and producing the film with Alcon Entertainment. John Cohen (Despicable Me, Angry Birds) and Steven P. Wegner are producing alongside Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, as well as DNEG CEO Namit Malhotra and President Tom Jacomb, with Davis, Amuse’s Bridget McMeel and Craig Sost exec producing. Sony Pictures will distribute the film globally in all major territories apart from China.

Jackson is a five-time NAACP Image Award winner who recently received an Honorary Oscar. The actor, who has appeared in well over 100 films, has also been honored over the course of his career with a BAFTA Award, BET’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the Cannes Film Festival’s prize for Best Supporting Actor, two Independent Spirit Awards, three Golden Globe nominations, an Emmy nom and a SAG Award nom, among many other accolades. He’s a frequent collaborator of filmmaker Spike Lee and has in recent years played Nick Fury in many a Marvel project, including the upcoming miniseries Secret Invasion. He can currently be seen starring in the Apple TV+ limited series The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey, based on the novel by bestselling author Walter Mosley, which he also exec produced. He will also soon appear in Matthew Vaughn’s spy actioner Argylle, Nic DaCosta’s The Marvels and Yale Entertainment’s thriller The Kill Room, among other projects.

Jackson is repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content.

jojos

Banned
Reaction score
Top Gun Maverick (2022) - 9/10

An excellent movie that captures the style and magic of the original whilst bringing it up to date.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watched Con Air again earlier. Such an absurd movie, and I love every damn second.

Like such a perfect action movie that doesn't take itself seriously with an awesome cast, and Nic Cage rules.

giphy.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Good for Liv! :D

She's going to be in a project with Uma Thurman and Samuel Jackson. :mark:

Uma Thurman and Samuel L. Jackson are leading the cast of dark comedy thriller The Kill Room, and Deadline reports this week that WWE superstar Liv Morgan has signed on.

Liv Morgan, a horror fan who dressed up like Chucky on WWE programming last year, will be making her feature film debut in The Kill Room. No word yet on Morgan’s role in the film.

Maya Hawke (“Stranger Things”) recently joined the cast as well.

Nicol Paone is directing The Kill Room, written by Jonathan Jacobson.

In The Kill Room

“A hitman (Joe Manganiello), his boss (Jackson), and an art dealer (Thurman) whose money laundering scheme accidentally turns the hitman into an overnight avant-garde sensation force Thurman’s character to play the art world against the underworld.”

Producers include Jordan Yale Levine, Jordan Beckerman, and Jon Keeyes for Yale Productions, alongside Anne Clements of Idiot Savant Pictures, Paone, Thurman, Dannielle Thomas and Jason Weinberg from Untitled Entertainment, and William Rosenfeld of Such Content.

Executive producers include Robert Kapp, Scott Levenson, Jason Kringstein, Richard Switzer, Ian Niles, Philip W. Shaltz, Bradley Pilz, Michael Rothstein, Jesse Korman, and Jeffrey Tusi.

Reactions: Chris

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Those low budget producers are shameless :lol

medium-cover.jpg

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm quite curious how exactly they are going to do this sequel. Was not expecting it at all.

Cage needs to sign on to get me on board I feel.

It was announced just over a year ago that Adam Wingard (V/H/S, You’re Next, The Guest, Blair Witch, Godzilla vs. Kong) had been hired to direct a new take on John Woo’s 1997 action-thriller Face/Off for Paramount, being billed as a sequel to the original movie that starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. What’s the latest update on that one, you ask?

In a new interview, Wingard reiterates to Empire that his upcoming Face/Off movie is very much an “absolute sequel” to the first movie. Furthermore, he hopes he can get Cage back!

Wingard tells Empire, “[Nicolas Cage is] just having such a moment. Even before Pig came out, we saw this as a Nicolas Cage movie. That’s become totally the obvious way to go now. A couple of years ago, the studio maybe would have wanted a hot, young, up-and-coming actor or something. Now, Nicolas Cage is one of the hottest actors in Hollywood again.”

“We’re really honing in on it,” Wingard says of the script he’s writing with partner Simon Barrett. “We’re not going to share it until everybody’s like, ‘This is the one.’”

At this time, Cage is not yet attached. Stay tuned for more as we learn it.

The original film starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage as an FBI agent and a sadistic terrorist who quite literally swap faces. “In order to foil a terrorist plot, an FBI agent undergoes facial transplant surgery and assumes the identity of a criminal mastermind, who murdered his only son. The plan turns sour when the criminal wakes up prematurely and seeks revenge.”

Producers on the reimagining include Neal Moritz and David Permut.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A few years back, Brotherhood of The Wolf director Christophe Gans (and director of the first Silent Hill film adaptation) had mentioned plans to do another Silent Hill film, along with plans for an adaptation of Fatal Frame. Fast forward to today, and Gans has revealed that he now has a scripts in hand for both projects.

Speaking with Jeux Video (thanks, VGC), Gans revealed that he wrote the script during the COVID-19 lockdowns, and says that this new script will be unrelated to the previous two films. “I’m currently working on it,” the translated article reads. “There were the COVID-19 years which finally forced us to stay at home. I took the opportunity to write two scripts. The script for a new Silent Hill movie is totally independent from the two previous movies made and respects the way Silent Hill has evolved.”

In making the script independent from the previous entries, Gans likens the series to the Twilight Zone, in that it’s “a place where anything and everything can happen”.

Gans states that the Silent Hill script is for a film to be released in 2023. “I worked on a new Silent Hill which is a Silent Hill of the year 2023, since the film would be released next year… in 2023… and not a Silent Hill as I imagined it in 2006.”

“It is a Silent Hill for today’s audiences while being ultra respectful of the saga,” continues Gans. “I am aware that Silent Hill is a very great video game franchise and a work of art in the noble sense of the term. The people who thought up Silent Hill put a lot of their guts into it. To know them well, they are extremely honest people. For me, it was important to design a Silent Hill in the light of the current public.”

In addition, Gans mentioned the Fatal Frame project, which he aims to release in 2024 after the Silent Hill film. While Gans didn’t elaborate much on that project, he did say that the script was “ready”, having been written under supervision by the folks at Tecmo.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

If Nope is a banger like I think it will be I expect this to something fierce as well. Peele loves to create Stories that are out there while giving his opinions on the World today and I expect this Story's Twist is something really amazing.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Saitama-in-a-crater-from-One-Punch-Man.jpg

Another anime hero is set to make the jump to live action, this time on the big screen for Sony Pictures. One Punch Man will be adapted into a live-action movie that will be directed by Justin Lin, who’s best known for directing several movies in the Fast and Furious franchise. The Sony project was revealed by Deadline on Monday.

Lin first joined the Fast and Furious franchise with the third entry, Tokyo Drift, which was released in 2006. Since then, Lin has directed four more movies in the franchise, handing entries seven and eight over to other directors so he could direct Star Trek Beyond and several episodes of True Detective.

One Punch Man started as a web comic from the writer known as One, but quickly grew in popularity spawning an official manga that was drawn by Yusuke Murata. Not long after, the manga was adapted into an anime by Madhouse that eventually came to be a critical and commercial darling. While the first season is considered by many to be one of the best anime seasons of all time, the show’s second season, which came several years after the first and was handled by J.C. Staff instead of Madhouse, was met with middling reviews at best.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Interested to see how this turns out. I can't say I was ever really picturing a Gran Turismo movie but it could be fun.

A long-gestating film based on PlayStation’s Gran Turismo series of racing games looks like it’s finally happening. Sony Pictures has announced a released date of Aug. 11, 2023 for the film, which is called simply Gran Turismo and is set to be directed by District 9’s Neill Blomkamp.

According to Deadline, Sony also supplied a new logline outlining the film’s plot: “Based on a true story, the film is the ultimate wish fulfillment tale of a teenage Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills won a series of Nissan competitions to become an actual professional race car driver.”

If that sounds familiar, it’s because a Gran Turismo film with this basis has been discussed before — nearly nine years ago. It was confirmed to be in development in 2013, and Gran Turismo game director Kazunori Yamauchi commented then that it would be based on the story of Lucas Ordonez, a Spanish driver who graduated from Gran Turismo and Nissan’s GT Academy competition to real-life racing at Le Mans and in GT series.

Indeed, Ordonez isn’t the only racer to follow this path. Brit Jann Mardenborough won GT Academy a few years after Ordonez, and went on to enjoy a longer racing career, ending up in the Super GT championship in Japan.

So, as corny as the plot may sound, it’s very credible, as the lines between virtual and real motorsport continue to blur. Turkish racer Cem Bolukbasi recently moved from Formula One’s esports series to a full season in F2, while F1 stars like Max Verstappen and Lando Norris are known as fierce competitors on iRacing.

If this movie has been languishing on Sony’s to-do list for so long, how come it finally has the momentum to get made? For one thing, the PlayStation Productions arm that is focused on turning Sony’s video game properties into films just had a decent-sized hit with Uncharted, and Sony will be keen to mine this seam further.

For another, motorsports movies are suddenly in vogue in Hollywood, after Netflix’s Drive to Survive docuseries dramatically raised awareness of F1, in the U.S. especially. Apple recently sealed a deal to produce a F1 movie starring Brad Pitt and directed by Top Gun: Maverick’s Joseph Kosinski. Meanwhile, Michael Mann has been able revive his passion project Ferrari, a biopic starring Adam Driver and Penelope Cruz. Sony is surely looking to join this trend with Gran Turismo.

This will be Blomkamp’s first video game adaptation — surprisingly, perhaps. The South African director is known to love video games, and in the 2000s was attached to make an ill-fated film adaptation of Halo, to be produced by Peter Jackson.