Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

yaaay-saturday-night-live.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
barbie-margot-robbie.jpeg

“Barbie” is parking her pink convertible in U.S. theaters on July 21, 2023.

The release date for the much-anticipated live-action adventure from the iconic doll, played by Margot Robbie with a juicy supporting cast, was announced on Tuesday during the Warner Bros. presentation at Las Vegas’ CinemaCon.

Notably, this movie will open against Christopher Nolan’s sprawling ensemble film “Oppenheimer” — but Barbie came to play, and has a dream cast of her own. Ryan Gosling, Kate McKinnon, Alexandra Shipp, America Ferrera, Simu Liu, “And Just Like That” actor Hari Nef and Will Ferrell all co-star in the reimagining of Barbie’s world.

Directed by Greta Gerwig, who co-wrote the script with her partner Noah Baumbach, production is currently underway on the Mattel Films and WB project. A first-look image was shared on stage of Robbie in the aforementioned pink convertible, flashing a megawatt smile and donning a checkered blue headscarf behind the wheel.

Producers on “Barbie” also include Robbie via LuckyChap with Tom Ackerley; Mattel’s Robbie Brenner; and David Heyman for Heyday Films. LuckyChap’s Josey McNamara and Mattel’s Ynon Kreiz are executive producers.

In a 2021, Robbie said taking on the beloved toy “comes with a lot of baggage … and a lot of nostalgic connections. But with that comes a lot of exciting ways to attack it. People generally hear ‘Barbie’ and think, ‘I know what that movie is going to be,’ and then they hear that Greta Gerwig is writing and directing it, and they’re like, ‘Oh, well, maybe I don’t.'”

Production began earlier this year in London. “Barbie” is one of many Mattel properties on the burner for feature adaptation. Projects based on the magic 8 ball, Hot Wheels,
“Masters of the Universe,” Polly Pocket, Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots and the throwback dolls Chatty Cathy and Betsy Wetsy are all in the works.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2Jayne

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
andrew-e1651158145667.jpg

2021 was a very busy year for Oscar nominee Andrew Garfield, who starred in three succeeding major features including The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Tick, Tick…Boom!, and Spider-Man: No Way Home. In a recent interview with Variety, Garfield has confirmed that he is planning to take a break from acting after finishing promotions for his upcoming true crime drama miniseries Under the Banner of Heaven, which will be premiering today.

“I’m going to rest for a little bit,” Garfield said. “I need to recalibrate and reconsider what I want to do next and who I want to be and just be a bit of a person for awhile. Because as you know, that is a washing machine, that awards season. I need to just be a bit ordinary for a while.”

Garfield also went on to stress the importance of taking care of one’s self. “I think it was actually a necessity for us to have game nights and go into nature and hike and you know, swim and dive and lakes and dance and eat good food so that we could really come back and fully give ourselves [to the work]. We had to keep on taking care of ourselves so that we can take care of the story.”

Garfield is currently not attached to any new projects right now. But, following his return as Spider-Man, a lot of fans have been campaigning to Sony for the continuation of his The Amazing Spider-Man films.

Based on Jon Krakauer’s New York Times bestselling novel, Under the Banner of Heaven is created and executive produced by Dustin Lance Black (Milk), who also be serving as the showrunner. The miniseries stars Andrew Garfield, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Sam Worthington, Denise Gough, Wyatt Russell, Billy Howle, Gil Birmingham, Adelaide Clemens, Rory Culkin, Seth Numrich, Chloe Pirrie, and Sandra Seacat.

“The miniseries follows the events that led to the 1984 murder of Brenda Wright Lafferty and her baby daughter in a suburb in the Salt Lake Valley, Utah,” reads the synopsis. “As Detective Jeb Pyre investigates events that transpired within the Lafferty family, he uncovers buried truths about the origins of the LDS religion and the violent consequences of unyielding faith. What Pyre, a devout Mormon, unearths leads him to question his own faith.”

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

I hope it is more than a Pocahontas/Atlantis/Dance with the Wolves ripoff with giant smurfs this time. I hated the first movie at the cinema and gave it another try twice but I still can't find anything interesting in it except its CGI.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Noice.

killer.png

John Woo‘s action-thriller The Killer from 1989 is an all-time classic in the genre, and Woo has been planning a remake for quite some time now. It looks like that project has finally come together, as the Peacock streaming service has announced this morning that Woo will return to direct a “reimagining” of The Killer exclusively for their streaming service.

A press release sent out today states, “Peacock announced today three upcoming original films scheduled to premiere on the service in 2023. Each film is part of the previously announced collaboration with Universal Pictures to produce a number of films made exclusively for Peacock.”
“We know people join Peacock to watch movies, so we are constantly adding more to serve fans,” said Kelly Campbell, President, Peacock and Direct-to-Consumer and International, NBCUniversal. “Together with the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, we are excited to deliver fresh, exclusive, original films next year to our customers in addition to the legendary Universal Pictures blockbuster films and beloved franchises streaming now.”

Written and directed by John Woo, the original The Killer starred Chow Yun-Fat as Ah Jong, “a disillusioned assassin who accepts one last hit in hopes of using his earnings to restore vision to a singer he accidentally blinded.” Watch the original trailer below.

A remake of The Killer starring Lupita Nyong’o was recently announced, but Woo had updated back in 2019 that Nyong’o was off the project and the script was being reworked.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Nevermind there's a thread I missed.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Avatar: The Way of The Water trailer

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Wonder if I'll learn anything I already don't know a million times over.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
@Fiend Looch @Butters :mark: :mark:

678143-anna-kendrick-blake-lively-a-simple-favour.jpg

Deadline is reporting that Lionsgate and Amazon Studios are partnering on a sequel to the critically acclaimed 2018 thriller A Simple Favor. Reportedly, the stars of the original film Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively are set to return. The sequel will also see the return of director Paul Feig and screenwriter Jessica Sharzer.

The first film was based on the 2017 novel of the same name by Darcey Bell. It followed a mommy blogger and single mother (Kendrick) who befriends a wealthy mother (Lively) at her kid’s elementary school. But when her new friend goes missing, the mommy blogger decides to investigate the disappearance herself. It is worth noting that the original novel does not have a sequel, so it is anyone’s guess what direction this new film will be heading in.

The original film had an open-ended conclusion that had fans instantly wondering if there would be a sequel. With the film being a commercial and critical, making almost $100 million worldwide and with a certified fresh rating of 84% on Rotten Tomatoes, it seems like a no-brainer that a sequel is on its way. Especially with two stars as big as Kendrick and Lively.

Kendrick is an Academy Award-nominated actress, who was nominated for her role in Up in the Air. She is also known for her starring role in films like the Pitch Perfect trilogy, the Trolls franchise, and Into the Woods. Recently she has starred in the HBOMax series Love Life and the Netflix drama Stowaway.

Lively is best known for starring in the hit series Gossip Girl. She has also appeared in films like The Town, The Shallows, and The Age of Adaline. It was also recently announced that Lively would be making her feature film directorial debut with the film Seconds from a script by Edgar Wright.

Feig is known for creating series like Freaks and Geeks and for directing such films as Spy and the 2016 Ghostbusters. He also served as the director on several fan favorite episodes for The Office, Arrested Development, and Parks and Recreation. The film’s writer Sharzer has also written for American Horror Story and Nine Perfect Strangers.

Feig will be producing the sequel with Laura Fischer through his production company Feigco Entertainment. Meredith Wieck and Scott O’Brien will be overseeing the project on behalf of Lionsgate. Sharzer will also be serving as an executive producer.

There is currently no release date or window for the sequel to A Simple Favor.

• Wow
Reactions: Death By Looch

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Just was watching Unbreakable for the first time in a long time, man I forgot how much I really enjoyed this movie. I will have to rewatch Split and Glass again.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just was watching Unbreakable for the first time in a long time, man I forgot how much I really enjoyed this movie. I will have to rewatch Split and Glass again.
Good to see you back, my dude. Unbreakable is probably my favourite M. Night movie. Very close between that and Sixth Sense but over the years I leaned towards this movie. Very good film, and one of my all-time favourite Bruce Willis performances. Can't go wrong with it and the cast is just superb.