Random Moments in Sport That Stuck With You

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
istock-627034124.jpg

We all remember winning titles. Amazing comebacks. Enthralling games that will go down in history.

What moments in Sport have stuck in your mind that are really quite insignificant in the grander scheme of things?

For example one for me is a Free Kick that John Arse Riise scored for Liverpool in a League Soccer game against Manchester United. It was an absolute rocket and I remember it to this day. But that season Liverpool finished second that year after blowing a massive lead (Typical Liverpool) but I remember the goal more than the season.

What have you got?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There was a Mariners/Cubs baseball game a few years ago in the regular season that was just INSANE. I don't remember all the details super well but essentially a relief pitcher was already in pitching, the next inning he was put in left field with someone else pitching (and made a solid catch to end the inning) and then the inning after that he was back pitching :lol he was only put into the outfield so he could come back in and pitch bc the Cubs were short on relievers, but he didn't want him facing those guys in the middle inning where he was in the outfield lmao Cubs were down like 6-2 before that, started a comeback to tie it and it ended up going into overtime and had a ridiculous finish with like a sac bunt or something. The details are fuzzy but for a regular season game this shit was just crazy.

There's also that Golden State/OKC game regular season game from 2016 I wanna say that was insane, Patriots/Colts from like 2009 (?) when the Colts made that ridiculous comeback in the 4th, also in regular season.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

The Minnesota Vikings were absolutely dead against the San Francisco 49ers, but Brett Favre and company somehow came back and made Greg Lewis a household name forever. It was Lewis's first catch, first touchdown, and first game with the Minnesota Vikings. It ended up winning the ESPY Best Play of the Year award. Ultimately, it was a nothing game that the Vikings could have afforded to lose but decided not to. The Vikings almost went to the Super Bowl that year but fell short to the cheating Bountygate Saints.

The Minnesota Vikings' debut in US Bank Stadium, and Sam Bradford's debut as the Vikings QB. It was an incredible game that showed that Bradford was awesome for that one season, and it was also the game that put Stefon Diggs on the map. The game ultimately meant nothing as the team went 8-8 that year, but it's one of my best memories for how whack it has become in recent memory: The Minnesota Vikings led by Sam Bradford out-threw Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

It was a nothing game, but Derrick Rose scoring 50 points is probably one of the more emotional games in recent history. For so long people had said that Derrick Rose doesn't have what it takes anymore, and he proved on that night that he can never be counted out anymore. I seriously wish we still had D-Rose on the Timberwolves.

Reactions: Chris

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

It was a nothing game, but Derrick Rose scoring 50 points is probably one of the more emotional games in recent history. For so long people had said that Derrick Rose doesn't have what it takes anymore, and he proved on that night that he can never be counted out anymore. I seriously wish we still had D-Rose on the Timberwolves.

I know I was one of many who at least saw the box score for that game and saw the 50 for D-Rose like
:proud

Just because without injury Rose could have been one of the greatest of all time and he was robbed of that so it was very much a feel good moment.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
One that will always haunt me, so it's stuck with me in that way is 28-3

Another positive one, one I'm sure @Grim Cornette would love.

As someone who really really can't stand the Saints, I was so fucking pissed just seconds before this thinking they was going to advance, and then the play happened and I was SO FUCKING HAPPY. This is a moment that I'll never forget, because it ruined the Saints playoffs hopes.

I can't find good video of it, but when Mercer(home town college) beat Duke in March Madness. It was truly a wonderful moment. HUGE Upset. The fact my hometown college pulled off a huge upset like that was amazing to me.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
One that will always haunt me, so it's stuck with me in that way is 28-3

Another positive one, one I'm sure @Grim Cornette would love.

As someone who really really can't stand the Saints, I was so fucking pissed just seconds before this thinking they was going to advance, and then the play happened and I was SO FUCKING HAPPY. This is a moment that I'll never forget, because it ruined the Saints playoffs hopes.

I can't find good video of it, but when Mercer(home town college) beat Duke in March Madness. It was truly a wonderful moment. HUGE Upset. The fact my hometown college pulled off a huge upset like that was amazing to me.

TBF, I wouldn't call the Minneapolis Miracle insignificant in the grand scheme of things since it's generally considered one of *the* moments of the 2010's.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
TBF, I wouldn't call the Minneapolis Miracle insignificant in the grand scheme of things since it's generally considered one of *the* moments of the 2010's.

:side: I just wanted a chance to shit on the Saints tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

This shit right here, I remember this like it was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

These two moments still mark as the greatest moments in Wild history even if they ended up meaning absolutely nothing.