• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Random Chat Thread

monkeystyle

I wouldn't classify myself as a "fan" of either, and I don't have anything against these two either, but for some reason I always took Barrett more seriously than Swagger. (i.e. Swagger used to be a goofball before his new gimmick and Barrett was always a serious face type guy.)

With Swagger I think that it's almost certainly because of physical cues. The goofy smile, the chest beating and the lisp pretty much screamed don't take me seriously.

Add in a silly gimmick like the All American American and the fact that he's a decent wrestler but not a stand out one and he was dead in the water.

That's why I don't see his current gimmick having much of a shelf life. Bad first impressions, especially in pro wrestling, are extremely difficult to rebound from.

That, and they should have handled his first world title reign in a better fashion. Dude used to beat his chest and do push ups. Then suddenly he stops doing all that, becomes all serious face and starts wearing a suit like Chris Jericho and Triple H? I don't buy that. Felt like he had split personality disorder or something. (If such a thing exists in reality, I'm not entirely certain, I am not a psychiatrist.)

monkeystyle

That, and they should have handled his first world title reign in a better fashion. Dude used to beat his chest and do push ups. Then suddenly he stops doing all that, becomes all serious face and starts wearing a suit like Chris Jericho and Triple H? I don't buy that.

Yeah, one of my most hated tropes in the WWE. "Wrestler A needs to be taken more seriously. What can we do?" "Eh, let's just put him in a suit."

Also the fact that they almost never let a heel get real heat doesn't help. A heel doesn't always need to cheat to win. A few convincing, clean wins over top talent can do wonders for an up and coming heel.

Felt like he had split personality disorder or something. (If such a thing exists in reality, I'm not entirely certain, I am not a psychiatrist.)

It does exist (it's referred to as Dissociative Identity Disorder), however it is also very controversial. (I majored in Psychology in University) Simplified, the argument is about whether it is a genuine or manufactured disorder.

Regardless of the cause of Barrett's lack of heat, he needs to go back to using "End of Days" so I don't have close my ears when he makes his entrance. :hhh2:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Not to sound elitist or anything but you're really missing out on one of the best, not to mention one of the most affordable forms of entertainment on the planet. To each his own I guess.
Well if my life ever runs dry on entertainment, I'll consider it, but I'm pretty far from it right now.

I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD

I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD

Dolph and AJ would be awesome if they decided to kick Big E out from their alliance. :side: I don't like the guy.

Don't know to what extent it is true but a recent study shows that the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least age 25.

I know it's true for me though, I'm only 23 for names sake, I feel like a 16 year old boy on the inside :side: