Random Chat Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm going to make you read them! They're very well written. You don't have to read them in one day.

I read them while I am on the bus and subway, fool!
I'm sure they're great, but my interest in such forms of entertainment are immediately negated once I gain access to something with a bright screen and lots of colors. Even commuting on public transit is more satisfying listening to music and staring at shit rather than reading. I really doubt I'll ever have to the attention span to stick though an entire book series.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Millennium Trilogy? Yeah.

Harry Potter? Not so much. Am I the only one who hates Harry Potter. I used to look a bit like Daniel Radcliffe in high school and everybody used to call me Harry Potter. Even the football coach ("soccer") for you guys I guess. Used to call me Harry Potter. Made me so mad. :side:

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Last edited:

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yea the books are pretty amazing...covers a lot more the show and GRM writing style is actually damn good. A Feast For Crows drags like a bitch though had a hard time getting through that one.

I only had trouble with A Feast For Crows the first time I read it. I was so impatient because I was like,
Where the hell is Tyrion and Jon Snow?

I get why he did what he did now that I've read that and A Dance With Dragons and the second time through the book was much more enjoyable.

I love the books. I'm still on Feast for Crows because I'll usually read the books on my way to work and going back home or when I'm waiting for the doctor.

Was season 2 really that bad compared to the book? I didn't watch season 2 yet so this concerns me.

Yeah, Danaerys has her dragons stolen. That doesn't happen and it annoyed the shit out of me

Maybe I'm being silly but I have a very low tolerance for things like that.

Harry Potter? Not so much. Am I the only one who hates Harry Potter. I used to look a bit like Daniel Radcliffe in high school and everybody used to call me Harry Potter. Even the football coach ("soccer") for you guys I guess. Used to call me Harry Potter. Made me so mad. :side:

I resisted reading them for a long time. Then my younger brother kept pestering me until I did and then I devoured them. They were actually surprisingly good. I also really liked the way you could see her evolve as an author as the books went on.

She's recently published an adult fiction book and I keep meaning to pick it up but I always forget whenever I'm at the book store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Yes it does.

You mean "The Casual Vacancy"? Yeah, I've been meaning to buy that as well since it's targeted demographic is the adult market and apparently a main part of the plot line is a sikh family, which I find intriguing, but I have a bias towards the author as I just loathe Harry Potter in general....I know it's not going to be any literary classic but should be worth a look.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
The Barrett Barrage :hhh2:

I'm sure they're great, but my interest in such forms of entertainment are immediately negated once I gain access to something with a bright screen and lots of colors. Even commuting on public transit is more satisfying listening to music and staring at shit rather than reading. I really doubt I'll ever have to the attention span to stick though an entire book series.

Not to sound elitist or anything but you're really missing out on one of the best, not to mention one of the most affordable forms of entertainment on the planet. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Believe me, once you start reading these books, you will be hooked! It takes me a lot to get into books as well but this saga is extremely interesting. Give it a try! I propose a test!

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter either. I don't see the appeal of the books or movies. I haven't given either a try but that's besides the point. :side:

A Game of Groans: A Sonnet of Slush and Soot: George R.R. Washington, Alan Goldsher: 9781250011268: Amazon.com: Books

Sounds like a really bad attempt on the author's side to be funny. :side:

EDIT: I think Maddox is funny and everything, but is he gay or just a metrosexual.

:lmao What the hell is this? Game of Thrones parody!!!

I only had trouble with A Feast For Crows the first time I read it. I was so impatient because I was like,
Where the hell is Tyrion and Jon Snow?

I get why he did what he did now that I've read that and A Dance With Dragons and the second time through the book was much more enjoyable.

Luckily, I wasn't too disappointed because I was told that they wouldn't be in the book. I am excited for the last one since they will come back! I wonder what will happen with season 4 of the show though. No Tyrion and Jon? Boo! :(

Yeah, Danaerys has her dragons stolen. That doesn't happen and it annoyed the shit out of me

Maybe I'm being silly but I have a very low tolerance for things like that.

What the hell? That's stupid. :/ I hope that's the only thing that wasn't in the book. I hate when shows and movies are hardly anything like the book.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm not a fan of Harry Potter either. I don't see the appeal of the books or movies. I haven't given either a try but that's besides the point. :side:

:ARN: Come on now.

The books were awesome. I've only seen the first two movies, and they were good, not great or anything, but enjoyable to watch.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I remember seeing a Harry Potter movie a few years ago, don't remember which exactly and I have to admit I did enjoy them more than the books, which I was not a fan of at all. For some reason I think Harry Potter is more suited to visual media than as written books, maybe it's partially due to the fact that the content of the novels can be made into a much more visually evocative spectacle on screen which is accessible to a larger audience.

Planning on finishing Brave New World tomorrow in one sitting.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I loved the books, but I also read them when I was real young (finished the last one in 6th grade, think I started the first one towards the end of 5th), so I may not have the same opinion, but at the time I thought they were amazing, and I was crazy impressed with myself that I read the longer ones voluntarily. Shit was like 1,000+ pages

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I enjoyed the Harry Potter books when I was younger. I tried getting into other forms of fantasy on that level but I just couldn't. I don't think I was ever really that interested in HP looking back just hit me at certain time. I just got used to the characters as I read along and kept with it until I just gave up.

I doubt I could get into any other series of fantasy books now anyways but I'd at least try with a good enough endorsement from someone I trust.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Guy on Bleacher explains why Barrett is failing said:
@Eric: It's because there's an initial line or sound that's immediately recognizable.
HHH: *heavy guitar* ITS TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAMMEE!
Taker: Gong
HBK: "Oooh oooh OH SHAWN!"
Orton: "I hear voices in my head...."
Edge: "You think you know me"
Rock: "IF YA SMEEEELLLLLL"
Austin: Glass shutter
Cena: "BRRRRR YABBA DO!!"
Punk: Static & guitar rif
Jericho: "BREAK THE WALLS DOOOOWWWWNNN"
Barrett: Noise.
Kofi, Miz, Brodus, Ryback, all have something right at the beginning that lets you know who it is... Barrett? You get unrecognizable noise.

Interesting theory, I think I agree with him. His music and beard are really terrible.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fuck Bleacher, that place is full of biased writers.

I don't blame Barrett's music for him not being over that is just asinine. You'd think someone would use their brain to decide whether or not they like someone.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
KeepItFresh said:
I don't blame Barrett's music for him not being over that is just asinine. You'd think someone would use their brain to decide whether or not they like someone.

I was joking, dude. :side:

It just seems odd that someone who was seemingly poised to be a main eventer a while ago is drifting off into insignificance so quickly. Granted he did get injured and all that, but all he's done lately is be Randy Orton's personal bitch repeatedly, and I remember him losing to a rookie, who most mainstream fans probably don't even know exists. They could up with something better for him. At this point though, I guess the intercontinental title is better than nothing.

I don't really HATE anyone in the WWE in the literal sense of the term, besides Khali probably, I just don't want to see him turn into the next Mr. Kennedy, that's all.

Interestingly, 42% of the voters on Bleacher seem to think that Barrett will be World or WWE champion "sometime in 2014".

Fuck Bleacher, that place is full of biased writers.

Oh? Any other recommendations for Pro Wrestling news? Seems like I've gotten back into wrestling again as one of my main hobbies.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Three words: audio books, homie.

Try the first book. It was barely 200 pages and had fairly large sized typeface. Really easy read. I knocked it out in a couple of hours. If you don't wind up enjoying it then at least you didn't invest all that much time.

Luckily, I wasn't too disappointed because I was told that they wouldn't be in the book. I am excited for the last one since they will come back! I wonder what will happen with season 4 of the show though. No Tyrion and Jon? Boo! :(

I actually don't that they will leave them out. AFFC and ADWD take place at the exact same time so they'll likely just weave the stories together and make them both run concurrently over two seasons.

Leaving two of the most popular characters out of a whole season is a great way to turn people off the show. Sad but true.

What the hell? That's stupid. :/ I hope that's the only thing that wasn't in the book. I hate when shows and movies are hardly anything like the book.

I can't say for sure. Like I said, I stopped watching. The only things that I can think of off the top of my head was that they took all the subtlety out of certain plot points. Like
The relationship between Stannis and Melisandre is explicitly pictured during the show while it is only implied in the book. Kind of like what they did with Renly and Loras Tyrell in the first season.

They also flat out changed the names of certain characters. Apparently because they think the average viewer is an idiot and is incapable of distinguishing between Asha and Osha.

I think though that the biggest problem with the show going forward is that they seem to be insistent on keeping it at 10 episodes per season. That means there is a whole lot they need to alter and cut and it is only going to get worse because the books just keep getting bigger.

I think the only way I go back to watching the show is if GRRM kicks off and never finishes the series.