Random Chat Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Hope he does and then Zeb kicks Swagger out be being a joke, then when Bryan turn on KANE later on that show he can join Zeb.

#TeamBeard

Franco

Reaction score
Fun video, Wade interviews his supporting cast
[video=youtube;Ph_kYuj23kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_kYuj23kk[/video]

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the Song of Fire and Ice novels?

I loved the TV show but reading the novels seems like a daunting job, it's not like reading a philosophical/literary novel in that it's over with the one book, it's a series of books each reaching, some surpassing a 1000 pages...I know it'll be worth it, but reading everything would take what...half a decade?

Yes, I've read all 5 of them so far.

They are excellent books and I highly recommend finishing them. Though if things like major differences between the book and tv formats bothers you then I wouldn't.

I'm actually kind of regretting that I read them. The second season of the show was so awful in comparison to the book that I stopped watching in the middle because they started doing things that just didn't happen in the book. Which was too bad because the first season was incredibly faithful and well done.

Also, the books won't take that long to read. They're so engaging that you'll just flat out power through them. I'm a fast reader personally, so I bought and read the 5 books that are out there in like 2 weeks but as I said, they're so engaging that it shouldn't take you very long to get through them.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea the books are pretty amazing...covers a lot more the show and GRM writing style is actually damn good. A Feast For Crows drags like a bitch though had a hard time getting through that one.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I so completely don't have the patience nor the attention span to read books that long. Let alone an entire goddamned series of them. My wife loves the Game of Thrones books though. No idea where she finds the time to read them since she's definitely not reading them at home. Especially since we're on WRESTLEMANIA REWIND right now. WM 1 & 2 were today. Gonna try to make it through all of them by WM29.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'm ordering the first book atm from a local online bookstore.

The first one is selling for 279 Rs. (5$) published by HarperCollins. It says "Game of Thrones" instead of "A Game of Thrones" though, and it has the "HBO: TV Tie-in edition" label on it. Any differences or is it just the same thing in a different form?

EDIT: Never mind, it's the same thing. Should be here in a day or two. Very excited.

Also, the books won't take that long to read. They're so engaging that you'll just flat out power through them. I'm a fast reader personally, so I bought and read the 5 books that are out there in like 2 weeks but as I said, they're so engaging that it shouldn't take you very long to get through them.

I'm a slow reader, I really like to absorb the text before turning the page so there's no way in hell I'll be finishing all five books in 2 weeks, I always enjoy books, academic or otherwise..more when I'm reading them slowly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Hope he does and then Zeb kicks Swagger out be being a joke, then when Bryan turn on KANE later on that show he can join Zeb.

#TeamBeard

While I don't hate him that much I have to admit he does make stupid faces and gestures. For some reason I lol'd when he attacked the legends at the previous RAW.

What the fuck was the point of that match with Duggan anyway.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I wonder if Duggan will ever find that Ho he's been looking for all these years.

And then beat her with his 2x4 and finally turn heel.

Franco

Reaction score
Duggan is a FAKE American.

teamcandawcw4.jpg

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Went and saw that Arj Barker show last night, was fantastic. Hilarious as always from Barker and he even included a song and dance this time. He is performing around 25 shows over four weeks at the Fringe festival and this is the last week and yet it was basically a sellout of close to 300 people. Will have to see him again when he tours next year.

Reaction score
Yes, I've read all 5 of them so far.

They are excellent books and I highly recommend finishing them. Though if things like major differences between the book and tv formats bothers you then I wouldn't.

I'm actually kind of regretting that I read them. The second season of the show was so awful in comparison to the book that I stopped watching in the middle because they started doing things that just didn't happen in the book. Which was too bad because the first season was incredibly faithful and well done.

I love the books. I'm still on Feast for Crows because I'll usually read the books on my way to work and going back home or when I'm waiting for the doctor.

Was season 2 really that bad compared to the book? I didn't watch season 2 yet so this concerns me.

Yea the books are pretty amazing...covers a lot more the show and GRM writing style is actually damn good. A Feast For Crows drags like a bitch though had a hard time getting through that one.

Yup. That's the one I'm reading at the moment and it is definitely a lot slower paced compared to the other books. Generally, it takes me a while to finish the books though because I am so occupied with work.

I so completely don't have the patience nor the attention span to read books that long. Let alone an entire goddamned series of them. My wife loves the Game of Thrones books though. No idea where she finds the time to read them since she's definitely not reading them at home. Especially since we're on WRESTLEMANIA REWIND right now. WM 1 & 2 were today. Gonna try to make it through all of them by WM29.

I'm going to make you read them! They're very well written. You don't have to read them in one day.

I read them while I am on the bus and subway, fool!