Rampage Jackson Makes Sense for Once

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
[video=youtube;tBym5PetSRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBym5PetSRY[/video]

Rampage speaks the truth and I don't even like the guy. How can anyone dispute this?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So he isn't a fan of wrestlers? Fighters who don't work on their takedown defense have been bitching about "boring" wrestlers since MArk Coleman started grounding and pounding fools. What is their to dispute? And what is he talking about being taken advantage of? The company that kept his dumbass out of jail after he hit a car on the freeway? The same vehicle that was running from cops? Seriously? Talk about biting the hand that fed you and clothed and kept you out of the pound. I'm no Zuffa fan, and I think they fuck fighters with paydays and sponsorship deals, but, c'mon Page wasn't getting 8 grand paydays here. Talk to the chick who only got 10 grand for fighting for the title a few weeks ago.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Stopped listening to this guy when he said Jon Jones' leg kicks should be banned FOR TRYING TO HURT PEOPLE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Can't stand Rampage and I don't agree with him here. It is mixed martial arts and wrestling is part of that, why hate on a guy whose strength is wrestling. Why not hate on guys that only have standup and can't wrestle. That is the great thing about MMA is that you have fighters with different strengths and weaknesses and they aren't all the same. I think that Sonnen is actually great for the sport and I hope he remains as a commentator and analyst with UFC once he retires. Does he go over the top when booked for a fight, yes but that is him switching into pro wrestling mode and selling the hell out of a fight.

Franco

Reaction score
Rampage makes zero sense here. First he's hating on the fact that Chael has a background in wrestling. Since when is a good wrestling ability in MMA a bad thing? What if someone is great in BJJ, should he be banned for being great? The whole thing about MMA is that you have fighters with various backgrounds, skills and weaknesses. That makes fights more interesting and surprising when you matchup all kind of fighters.

And then, Chaels ability to generate buzz and make people buy the PPV's is bad for UFC? If anything they need more Chael Sonnen's in the UFC.

Classic case of Rampage trying to act smart and then saying the most ridiculous things.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I think it's really funny that he slates wrestlers for having boring fights, yet Rampages stand up fights have been some of the most dull in recent history.

Does anyone really want to see that Matt Hamill fight again?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Talking aload of shit rather than sense imo.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He talks to get title shots, it's been proven. He's never once really had a moment where he blew people's minds with his actual fighting ability. He had a great performance against Nate, but other than that his mouth doesn't back up his performance. It's that simple, he's overrated.

Rampage is a clown, can understand why people don't like him. When he talked about the oblique kicks being banned, that was just sad but it's fighters like Sonnen that simply don't excite fans. Sure it could be fighting smart, but what does take downs and laying on their opponents do for fans? To me when you're a fighter that will always be remembered more for their mouth than fighting ability that is sad.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can't speak about his run leading to his shot against Anderson because I don't think I was watching then, but he dominated the greatest fighter on the planet for 4 and a half rounds. Criticise his style all you like, but it works for him so why wouldn't you use your best asset? You could argue that he could have got an immediate rematch given the domination but he didn't but then went onto beat Bisping and Stann who were ranked highly at that point earning his rematch with Anderson. Like I say, I don't know about his run leading to his first title shot but to me it doesn't seem like he just talks to get his title fights.

I'd even say the same thing regarding this fight with Jones, the guy threw his name into the hat to save a PPV from being cancelled. I commend him for that and he should get respect for that, not like all the others pulling out and dodging Jones.

Again I could be totally wrong, but I don't recall his fights being booed out of the building because he wrestlefucks guys.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He got suspended for a year due to a failed drug test, no way he deserved a rematch. He has to work his way back to the top and rightfully did. His fight with Bisping was deplorable, but he's got too big of a fanbase to be booed. I understand the appeal of Sonnen, but I put him up there with the likes of Okami and Schaub as the most boring fighter in the company.

Props to him to take that fight against Jones, but to me it was just another way of him to get another title shot. He was scheduled to face Forrest Griffin, but saw an opportunity.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure how anyone could take the fight business as anything more than BUSINESS. It isn't the promotors job to be fair, it's the promoters job to provide the fights that will gain him more attention and more money. This is the staple of the fight business since it's inception. This is the biggest difference between this and team sports or tournament based individual sports.

reeviint

Talk about biting the hand that fed you and clothed and kept you out of the pound. I'm no Zuffa fan, and I think they fuck fighters with paydays and sponsorship deals, but, c'mon Page wasn't getting 8 grand paydays here.