• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

R-Truth suspended

Slim

This is bullshit. So, both Bourne, and Truth do it at the same time, and yet Truth gets off until after Survivor Series because he was in the main event?

Major flaw in the system.

Actually it was the best decision they could make. Bourne was only involved in a near non-existent tag team division with Kofi so his absence wasn't going to be missed in the least. Truth was involved in THE feud leading up to Survivor Series involving The Rock coming back after 7 years into the ring. The build up has been on going and then we get closer and closer... you can't just say... oh you screwed up so you're suspended... cause then the main event is completely screwed up and you can't just smack anybody in that match. Its the main event.

They chose the lesser of two evils for that... it was the only logical thing they could do to save the main event... but ... despite Truth got to compete... he is STILL getting suspended so really... what is the problem?

SAIYANS

This is bullshit. So, both Bourne, and Truth do it at the same time, and yet Truth gets off until after Survivor Series because he was in the main event?

Bourne kept his title, no need to complain. Everyone who has been suspended from Hardy to RVD to Rey to Morrison to Umaga have had to drop their belts when they got busted. Evan didn't so he should be happy with the outcome since that title is the thing that makes him relevant and not a jobber, like the rest of his career in the company

TheZig

It was the only logical thing to do with R-Truth, They had The Rock & Cena vs Truth & Miz more than penciled in, Its pretty obvious looking back the past two months plus they were going in this direction. As for what will happen between Truth/Miz when Truth's suspension is up, Just have a one night heel vs heel match on Raw. It won't be the first or the last time that has happened and the way the live crowds have been acting recently if you hadn't have watched Raw in a while you wouldn't know who is heel or face.

PHX

Legacy Member
Bourne kept his title, no need to complain. Everyone who has been suspended from Hardy to RVD to Rey to Morrison to Umaga have had to drop their belts when they got busted. Evan didn't so he should be happy with the outcome since that title is the thing that makes him relevant and not a jobber, like the rest of his career in the company
Yeah exactly so Bourne didn't get that bad of a deal. Just take the 30 days but keep your belt. They had to have Truth still wrestle because it was a huge match and nothing you want to have to rebook at the last minute.

Tapout

Maybe it was a deal. Like, Truth can get off until the PPV, and you can keep your belt. Just to make both parties happy.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Your so bias it's not even funny. Truth is a main event talent, Evan Bourne won't ever be in the main event. It's not bullshit at all, Truth is awesome. If Truth goes face, I'll be furious. His heel character is so epic and it makes him much more of a threat. If he turns face, I'll be really disappointed and it will be the end of a great run. Please keep him heel and also for you, please be quiet if your going to be that bias. It's brilliant so thank you Slim.

Tapout

Your so bias it's not even funny. Truth is a main event talent, Evan Bourne won't ever be in the main event. It's not bullshit at all, Truth is awesome. If Truth goes face, I'll be furious. His heel character is so epic and it makes him much more of a threat. If he turns face, I'll be really disappointed and it will be the end of a great run. Please keep him heel and also for you, please be quiet if your going to be that bias. It's brilliant so thank you Slim.

You're one to talk about being bias....

But yes, I am. I couldn't give two shits about Truth. The only thing he was good for was giving a few good promos as a heel. And now with Awesome Truth done, hes going to go back to being nothing.

SAIYANS

You're one to talk about being bias....

But yes, I am. I couldn't give two shits about Truth. The only thing he was good for was giving a few good promos as a heel. And now with Awesome Truth done, hes going to go back to being nothing.

Yet still more important than Bourne is or has ever been without that belt. The fact is Truth was many things but never a jobber or after thought by the brass. He was on ppvs, winning and fighting for the US title, and getting weekly brand time ever since he returned. Evan can't say he had that going for him, yet he got off with keeping his title after a strike which is a first, so he needs to just stfu and move on

PHX

Legacy Member
Yet still more important than Bourne is or has ever been without that belt. The fact is Truth was many things but never a jobber or after thought by the brass. He was on ppvs, winning and fighting for the US title, and getting weekly brand time ever since he returned. Evan can't say he had that going for him, yet he got off with keeping his title after a strike which is a first, so he needs to just stfu and move on
Bourne never said anything bad about his suspension. He commented once on it saying he'll be back in 30 days so idk where that came from.

John McHenry

John McHenry
I think one of them will become Face? Most likely Truth? I smell a match at Wrestlemania.

So he violates wellness policy and you think he'll be the one turning face?

Neither are turning face Miz will feud with Cena till Truth returns then they'll have a heel vs heel feud. It makes no sense for Truth to turn because he just turned recently and it's the only reason he really got popular. The Miz will only turn if Cena turns because right now he's in my opinion top heel though most would probably claim he's second to ADR.

P.S. Called it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Just can't see them doing heel vs heel. Not the kind of feud that has ever really happened so it'll be different if they did but don't see it happening.

Dale

Super Moderator
Truth HAS to go face, it's just set up. They don't even have to change his gimmick or make him cheesy or anything because the crowd can still interact with him. They can have turn his WHAT chants around in support of him like Austin used to do and he still roll out all his loony promos about pigeons and spiders because the crowd laugh at him. Hell, he can even turn the Little Jimmy saying around and instead of it being used in a derogatory term, used as the name for his fanbase like the CeNation, Mizfits etc

No More Sorrow

"Awesome Truth" was split last night on RAW in part because of WWE creative's plan to insert The Miz into the title picture over the next few months. Of course, there were other major issues as we noted earlier here on the website regarding R-truth being suspended.

WZROnline.com

EffectsofRaven

Okay, so if you was in charge of a Huge Company and you was selling a major PPV with a Big time Main Event, Rock & Cena teaming up to face two of the hottest heels in WWE - one of them smokes dope and you suspended them both straight, enlighten me how the hell you would recover that kind of issue?

It's not so easy to replace a hot heel when the whole feud needs both components of Awesome Truth for it to work, or it to even sell correctly - Rock does sell yes, but the issue lies also in replacement, it be absolute wreck to make a last minute replacement, with all your other hot heels booked up, it be nonsense, so there is no flaw in the system - Point is Bourne, I don't see you bitching about Evan Bourne not losing his Tag Title. There system works, but sometimes it's wise to alter the implication to save grace on the surface of it.

Andrew

I got told that someone failed the Wellness policy and it was someone in the Rock/Cena vs. Awesome Truth. I had a feeling it was Truth and now it's understandable why Miz took him out.