R-Truth Injured During RAW; Former Stars Criticize The Miz for Botch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, I agree with Codymark25 above.

I havent seen if yet but it sound like one of those suicide dives, which get botched a lot. Benoit used to miss them all the tim, just check out the 'dont try this at home' clips for proof of that.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;nXyJ-6Uy-fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXyJ-6Uy-fE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]
2:48 in is the botch.

R-Truth deviates a bit in the air but that's only going to be natural really and given how very little he did move, Miz really should have done better in protecting him.

Couldn't care less if Miz got buried for a bit here on in as i've not been a fan of his for the longest time.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Burying someone over a botched move would be ridiculous.... If people got buried for botching one move then talent like Tyson Kidd and Trent Barretta would be World Champions and the likes of Orton and Cena would be jobbers... yeah, not happening.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
He's not gonna be buried for this he is already an established star and he's still over heels lose all the time and for the botch Truth is tough and Miz wouldce apologized to him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe Truth shouldn't have over-extended his flip. Miz missed, not the first to be out of position, even the great Dean Malenko has failed to catch people.

It's still pro-wrestling, and shit happens.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Miz will likely get nothing more than MITB spot and not do much at Mania which he should. He has started to fall off ever since Maryse left. Miz is starting to become like the Sheamus of last year when he got stale, Miz is becoming that stale and it's clear that he botched bad last night. BOO THAT MAN!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Miz tried catching Truth but Truth's own momentum on over-rotating knocked Miz out of the way. That is what I saw of course Miz could have got more underneath it initially but nothing he could when it was too late.

Don Draper

Reaction score
I didn't see it when it happened live but I saw a clip of it on YouTube and Miz definitely stepped out of the way. I don't know why he would do something so stupid knowing how dangerous of a spot that was, hopefully Truth isn't out long because of this. Since Miz has been getting depushed even before this, this isn't a good sign for him. Good sign for me though because I don't like Miz as a performer at all so the less screen time for him the better imo.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've seen Truth botched that dive numerous times, maybe it's time for him to cut out the dives and work on actually having a match without relying on spots.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Only in a spotfest centric world would someone doing a dangerous dive be the one getting the sympathy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Welcome to the internet.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm not mad at The Miz for botching that move, it happens. Looking at it back, I think The Miz thought Truth was just doing a simple cross-body plancha so Miz was trying to anticipate Truth's landing and tried to reposition, but since Truth didn't do that it looked like The Miz was dodging it a bit.

I'm not suggesting that's what happened, but it kinda seemed that way to me.

Still, what bad fucking timing this is for The Miz. The alleged reports that Miz is doghoused because of the low Survivor Series gains is still utterly ridiculous, but this incident may stain him for a while.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Saw the clip for the first time before and it looks really bad. Miz moves out the way and it looks like he pushes Truth down, doesn't even attempt to catch him. He shouldn't be buried for a botched save but he should be remprimanded for it, like he apparently was, and then people can move on. Truth is very lucky not to be badly injured from this and Miz owes him for letting that happen.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
While I won't defend the Miz as he should've been prepared for the move I will also shift some of the blame to R Truth he should've seen that Miz was groggy getting up and not only that but why the hell would you do that move when it should only be done on PPV's and then mainly Wrestlemania not on Raw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that it is that big a move and I am sure it happens pretty regular on tv although it normally is smaller guys that do it. Still Miz would have known that the move was coming and he should have taken at least some of the bump rather than moving compeltely out of the way. Again he shouldn't be buried because of it, it was a split second decision and he made the wrong choice, but as long as he knows what he did was wrong then just continue on like normal. He will probably be the first eliminated at EC but that wouldn't be that big a change from how he has been booked in recent months.