Question about Rep Power

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
It's not that big a deal since I don't have much anyway, but I could of sworn last time I was on I had like 30 rep but now I have 13. How exactly does the rep work?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Have you gotten any neg (red) reps? Those take away points, green ones give points, grey ones do nothing.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
your rep power is based on the rep you get. I imagine your rep may have been effected by the deleted accounts that had repped you. But I don't know for sure.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
My rep has not changed, the majority of the people deleted repped me before. Rep can be deleted if posts are decreased I believe. Could of been also from the sections that Monk deleted. He deleted Entrance Ramp and I believe the topic grave yard? So maybe you had posted in one of those sections and received rep, therefore the rep was deleted. That is my guess.

Double J

Reaction score
Nope no negative rep. Does 1 positive rep stand for 1 rep point? Meaning if on my list I have 30 Reps then I should have 30 Rep Points?

Like I said, it's not a big deal to me (does rep points even count toward anything?) but was curious.

Toddy

Reaction score
Rep Power is how many points you give to the person you rep and you need a certain amount of rep points to go up a Rep Power and once you reach a certain level of posts your rep power goes up as well.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Nope no negative rep. Does 1 positive rep stand for 1 rep point? Meaning if on my list I have 30 Reps then I should have 30 Rep Points?

Like I said, it's not a big deal to me (does rep points even count toward anything?) but was curious.

The amount you get depends on how much the person giving you has. The more rep they have, the more points they will give/take.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
grey rep is when someone with a rep power of 0 tries to rep you positively or negatively. Since it doesn't effect your rep at all its grey. We've had some real dumb asses on the forum who thought they were getting revenge by trying to neg rep people when they had no rep power to give or take.

fuzzy

Reaction score
so then why have grey reps in the first place? wouldn't it be easier to just have a red rep=negitive and a green rep=positive....
instead of having a third rep, which does nothing.
IMO, doesn't seem to be a huge deal but it could take out the confusion for new members that joined recently or gonna join.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Don't lie Mike, we all know the truth....you created everything. And on the 7th day you rested.