• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

quality of promos

[yt]XSaiOC6vIz0[/yt]

IMO, this is one of the best promos i've ever seen, so i started thinking about what's different from wrestling now compared to when the rock was around. we're getting the same amount of promos and wrestling yet im not as interested. it's because the quality of what WWE produces isn't as good.... thoughts?

Dairydude

Promos are over used IMO.

They were great for people who could do them. It was a case of "here's the arrogant cocky guy saying what's on his mind" or "here's the guy everyone loves defending something" or "here's Goldust reading Dr. Zeus"

Now the promos are done by every man and his dog, and some people have no place behind the mic.
Case in point:
Batista
The Undertaker
Randy Orton
RVD

Other people are great at cutting promos, and should be given the room to do it. Guys like The Rock, Chris Jericho and Christian do awesome promos and segments that are usually hysterical.

Just my 2 cents

CenaMark54

Its unfair to compare anyone to the Rock. He was one of a kind on the mic. Probably the best ever.

There are some real decent mic workers right now. HHH, HBK, Orton, Cena, Edge, and Kennedy come to mind. The issue isn't with their presentation or promo skills, they just aren't given much to work with.

Y2Jasmine

Not everyone has what it takes to pull off promos like The Rock and Y2J did. People with no charisma at all should not be in front of a mic. If they are good in the ring, and suck at promos, let their ring skills do the talking. Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko were some of the best in the ring ever and couldnt cut a promo at all. So if youre ok in the ring but can do great promos, then by all means do it. But if you suck at it and everyone knows it then i wish they wouldnt bother.