Quadrant 4 Final

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Steve Austin

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • The Rock

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Steve Austin
Steve+Austin+Wrestlemania+14.jpg

Steve Austin won the WWE title from Shawn Michaels on March 29th 1998 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kane in a First Blood Match on June 28th 1998 at King of The Ring. He won it back the next night on Raw. He lost the title when pinned simultaneously by Kane and The Undertaker on September 27th 1998 at Breakdown: In Your House. He won his third WWE title from The Rock on March 28th 1999 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Undertaker on May 23rd 1999 at Over The Edge with the McMahons as the special Guest Referees. He won the title back on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He lost the title to Mankind in a Triple Threat match also involving Triple H with Jesse Ventura as Special Guest Referee on August 22nd 1999 at Summerslam. He won his fifth WWE title from The Rock on April 1st 2001 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kurt Angle on September 23rd 2001 at Unforgiven. He won the title back on October 8th 2001 on Raw. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance.

The Rock
22_20the20rock20wwf20champ.jpg

The Rock won the vacant WWE title by defeating Mankind in the Final of The Deadly Game Tournament at Survivor Series on November 15th 1998. He lost the title to Mankind on the January 4th 1999 Raw. He won the title back in an I Quit Match on January 24th 1999 at Royal Rumble. He lost the title back on January 31st 1999 during Halftime Heat in an Empty Arena Match. He won the title back in a Ladder Match on the February 15th 1999 Raw. He lost the title to Steve Austin on March 28th 1999 at Wrestlemania. He won his fourth WWE title from Triple H on April 30th 2000 at Backlash. He lost the title back on May 21st 2000 at Judgment Day in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match. He won it back on June 25th 2000 at King of The Ring by pinning Mr. McMahon in a Six Man Tag. He lost the title to Kurt Angle on October 22nd 2000 at No Mercy. He won the title back on February 25th 2001 at No Way Out. He lost the title to Steve Austin on April 1st 2001 at Wrestlemania. He won the WCW title from Booker T on August 19th 2001 at Summerslam. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on October 21st 2001 at No Mercy. He won the title back on the November 5th 2001 Raw. He lost the title back on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance. He won his seventh WWE title from The Undertaker in a triple threat match also involving Kurt Angle on July 21st 2002 at Vengeance. He lost the title to Brock Lesnar on August 25th 2002 at SummerSlam.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What a Match up.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
The hardest choice for me yet but I had to go with Stone Cold. As much as WWE would want you to believe, Austin was the bigger WRESTLING star than Rock and was the better champion. Rock became a bigger MAINSTREAM star but that was because of his film roles. Austin is the greatest world champion of all time and the true winner of this tournament in my eyes.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is a main event match up right here. Wow.

TheZig

Reaction score
Austin carried the title with such dominance it was unbelievable.

Deuce

Reaction score
Great match up here but I just had to vote for Stone Cold.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What a perfect match up that is pretty cool but I liked Austin's reigns a tad bit more than Rock's.

Zen

Reaction score
Both were essential fixtures of the Attitude Era, but Austin was always more so. Austin was THE man, and was always intended to be the #1 guy, at no point was Rocky really more over than Austin by any measure. Rocky was very much the Macho Man/Andre to Austin's Hogan, basically Austin was the Champ and Rocky was the top attraction in the company. Granted Rocky was probably one of the best people the WWE have ever had in the "attraction role"(in WWE's time old two-tiered system) but Austin was still far more essential nonetheless. To Austin the vote goes.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Went Stone Cold, felt he is a better Champion like Hoov said.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Not even close for me. Austin was miles ahead of Rock as a World Champion.

Lewb

Reaction score
I have to go with Austin, as his reign broke boundaries, and I felt The Rock picked up the pieces of that and reaped the rewards. This is one reward he's not reaping.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Austin, yeah.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
CLASSIC! Suprised this one is not closer. I went Austin who I think will win the whole thing now.