Quadrant 3 Final

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Triple H

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Triple H
tripleh3.jpg

Triple H won the WWE title from Mankind on August 23rd 1999 on Raw in a match with special referee Shane McMahon. He lost the title to Mr. McMahon on the September 16th 1999 Smackdown in a match with special referee Shane McMahon. He won the vacant title on September 26th 1999 at Unforgiven in a Six Pack Challenge also involving Rock, Mankind, Big Show, British Bulldog, and Kane. He lost the title to The Big Show in a triple threat match also involving The Rock on November 14th 1999 at Survivor Series. He won it back on the January 3rd 2000 Raw. He lost the title to The Rock on April 30th 2000 at Backlash. He won it back on May 21st 2000 at Judgment Day in a 60 minute Iron Man Match. He lost it back on June 25th 2000 at King of The Ring in a Six Man Tag match when Rock pinned Mr. McMahon. He won his fifth WWE title from Chris Jericho on March 17th 2002 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Hulk Hogan on April 21st 2002 at Backlash. He was awarded the World Title on the September 2nd 2002 Raw. He lost the title to Shawn Michaels on November 17th 2002 at Survivor Series in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Kane, and Booker T. He won the title back on December 15th 2002 at Armageddon in a Three Stages of Hell Match. He lost the title to Goldberg on September 21st 2003 at Unforgiven. He won the title back in a triple threat match also involving Kane on December 14th 2003 at Armageddon. He lost the title to Chris Benoit in a triple threat match also involving Shawn Michaels on March 14th 2004 at Wrestlemania. He won his fourth World Title from Randy Orton on September 12th 2004 at Unforgiven. He vacated the title after a double fall in a match with Chris Benoit and Edge on the November 29th 2004 Raw. He won his fifth World Title on January 9th 2005 at New Year’s Revolution in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Batista, and Edge. He lost the title to Batista on April 3rd 2005 at Wrestlemania. He won his sixth WWE title from Randy Orton on October 7th 2007 at No Mercy. He lost the title back the same night in a Last Man Standing Match. He won it back on April 27th 2008 at Backlash in a Fatal Four Way Match Elimination Match also involving John Cena and JBL. He lost it to Edge on November 23rd 2008 at Survivor Series in a triple threat match also involving Vladimir Kozlov. He won his eighth title from Edge in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, Undertaker, and Big Show. He lost the title to Randy Orton in a six man tag team match on April 26th 2009 at Backlash.

Randy Savage
savage1.jpg

Randy Savage won the vacant WWE title by defeating Ted DiBiase in a tournament final on March 27th 1988 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Hulk Hogan on April 2nd 1989 at Wrestlemania. He won his second WWE title from Ric Flair on April 5th 1992 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title back on the September 14th 1992 Prime Time Wrestling. He won the vacant WCW title by winning the World War 3 match on November 26th 1995 at World War 3. He lost the title to Ric Flair on December 27th 1995 at Starrcade. He won the title back on January 22nd 1996 on Nitro. He lost the title back on February 11th 1996 at SuperBrawl. He won his third WCW title from Sting on April 19th 1998 at Spring Stampede. He lost the title to Hollywood Hogan in a No DQ match on April 20th 1998 on Nitro. He won his fourth WCW title from Kevin Nash on July 11th 1999 at Bash at the Beach in a tag match also involving Sid Vicious and Sting. He lost the title to Hogan on July 12th 1999 on Nitro.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I went with Triple H. Altho I am a big Macho Man fan, I more think of his Intercontinental Title reigns than I do his WWF Title reigns. For that reason, Trips gets the vote from me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Like Hoov said... Macho King will be better known for his IC title reigns whereas Trips will be better known for his world title reigns. So... since this is better world champion... Trips hit the pedigree for the win.

Deuce

Reaction score
Triple H was the better champ for sure, Savage was known for his mid-card titles more.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sorry Savage but Triple H's career is pretty much based around his world title success.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Went Trips here.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Gotta go for my boy Triple H. As I stated before, and in the preview thread for this Tourney, Triple H deserves to win it all. No one in the WWE has more reigns then Triple H, and what was impressive is almost all of them actually meant something.

Triple H is the kind of guy that can turn a month long title reign into a successful run.

Lewb

Reaction score
As Tapout said, I can't think of any reign of Triple H's that seemed transitional. His Evolution days was probably my favorite World Champion.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Triple H all day, everyday. I wish we could have saw this match, too.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Words fail me sometimes. Triple H is one of the most overated wrestlers of all time. Now I am not saying he is bad wrestler, but when you consider how long he was on top and how he was pushed over others, he never justified that. He has a small spell when he was a truly great wrestling and that was from 99-2001 after that he became solid, but nothing special. Savage is everything which a legend should be. And I don't agree that his world title reigns weren't up to much, the feuds with Hogan and Flair for example were classics, and I would challenge anyone to come up with a feud that HHH had as champion which was better than those two.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
1998 to 2001 is the best era in the history of wrestling right? If Triple H became a star then and stayed around when Rock, Austin and even Foley for that matter disappear within the next few years. It's not really Trips fault that he was the best option then. I do think he made a deal with the devil but that's a different story.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Trips lives and bleeds the business. His feud with Foley which had the street fight at royal Rumble and Hell in a Cell over the world title were amazing. I mean he's had tons of feuds... but to consider the man that tore his quad but still continued a tag team title match and took a "Boston Crab/Wall's of Jericho" on an announce table and finished the match... thats not the work of an overrated wrestler. that is the work of a guy that is willing to do whatever he can for the business.

He had his feud with Batista over the World Title which if it wasn't for that Batista wouldn't have been anything but a big musclehead. He had his feud with Randy over the title which helped elevate Orton as well. His feud with Cena leading to mania 22 was the goods and the match was even better.

Trips has delivered time and time again and has dedicated himself to the business. I'm not saying his feuds could be better than Savage/Hogan or Savage/Flair but overall comparing both Savage and Trips as world champions... Trips has that edge. Thats why it has to go to Trips. If it was IC title, best wrestler, or anything else... Savage would win over Trips but as far as world championship goes... it has to go to Trips. Its the only thing he has over Savage cause sadly Savage wasn't given the proper reigns as world champion that he deserves. I mean Savage was able to pull a GOOD match out of the Ultimate Warrior. How many people can do that?

Savage is a living legend but he just wasn't known as one of the best world champions... just every other aspect of wrestling he is known for.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well you do make a good case for Triple H at least, but I still don't agree LOL.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus