PWI top 100 (ROH)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Copied this from the ROH Boards.

First off, let's not debate the 500 in the abstract here. Some of you like it, many of you hate it, we all think certain wrestlers are out of order, but it's the only mass produced list of its kind and for better or for worse, it is a little significant.

That being said, Morishima represents ROH proudly in the top ten at #10.

One more ROH related note about the 500, the editors at PWI clearly favor ROH competition over the new ECW, as the highest rated ECW guy is at #42, and that's CM Punk.

ROH wrestlers in the top 100:

#10: Morishima
#17: Bryan Danielson
#25: Nigel McGuinness
#27 Marifuji
#37: Rocky Romero
#45: KENTA
#49: Chris Hero
#63: Brent Albright
#76: Davey Richards
#78: Jay Briscoe
#83: Mark Briscoe
#88: Delirious

=========================================================
Thoughts comments?

Soulpower

I like Brent Albright, but for him to be ahead of either Briscoe is just mind-blowing. The Briscoes have been consistent by putting on great match after great match, and Albright's pretty much hit or miss.

And Danielson the second highest rated from the ROH roster? I would think that his injuries would count against the voting process, but I guess not.

Montana

I dont get why they compile this 8 months into the year, it would make sense to wait the entire year i think. You could make strong arguements for ... Strong, Aries, Claudio, Steen, Generico.

Soulpower

it would make sense to wait the entire year

Agreed. I mean again, look at Danielson. He didn't wrestle for ROH until May, so he missed the the first four months of the year and he ranks ahead of Nigel and The Briscoes despite the fact that those three have basically carried ROH for a nice chunk of time.

Steen and Generico have gone from being two PWG guys, two legitimate contenders for the tag titles, and they get no love?

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
I don't think Danielson should be that high and the Briscoes defiantly should be alot higher than they are. Claudio along with Steen and Generico in my opinion should defiantly be on the list.

vickymania

Reaction score
think Punk deserves a better rating than some of the ROH wrestler's..morishima at 10 is a great position for him..both Nigel and Hero can improve by leaps and bounds..

therazar

Reaction score
lol morishima 10 and punk 42 they should change

Doctor_Steel

Reaction score
Even though it is a joy to see our Hero on the list, 49 is ridiculously low for the total package, Chris the Awesome, the Saviour of pro wrestling!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

the thing working against the briscoes is that their matches are spot fests

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with Albright being so high, it's the fact that both Briscoes are SOOO Low Down!... & Am i wrong in thinking that Mark is better then Jay?

Also, the fact that CM Punk is down in #43 said some1 is a joke!