[PWG] Official " World's Finest " Discussion Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
Great looking card here, looking forward to this.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
A couple of great matches on this card

Generico/Edwards should be 5-star material, and the main event is just plain awesome!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If you would of said MOTY Candidate then i might of agreed with you, but 5 Stars NO WAY BRAW.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Awesome show!!! Spoilers below. Sorry it's not super detailed.

Steen opened the show saying that Super Dragon wasn't going to be there, so he couldn't defend the tag titles. As he was talking, Peter Avalon attacked him from behind. Match starts and Steen beat the living crap out of him. Avalon got some offense in, but Steen wins.

Brian Cage vs. Ray Rosas
Very good match. Constant chants of "fanny pack" during the match due to Rosas coming to the ring with one. Cage hit a nice release northern lights suplex on the apron. Cage wins via huge spinning lariat to the back of Rosas head.

Joey Ryan vs. Candice LeRae
Joey came to the the ring in a robe and clean shaven. Took me a minute to recognize him. Cut a promo introducing the men in the building to the concept of soap, and the women the benefits of using a razor to shave their legs. Takes off his robe and he looks like Andy Kaufman. No joke:

image-2.jpg

Fun match with Candice getting the win.

Scorpio Sky vs. TJ Perkins
Ok match, with a lot of grappling and submission attempts. Oops, forgot who won. I think it was Scorpio. Hahahah

Super Smash Bros. vs. RockNes Monsters vs. Young Bucks
Co-match of the night. This match benefited from being cut down from a 4 way tag to a 3 way tag. Great chemistry. Buy the dvd for this and the main event. Super Smash Bros. get the win.

Alex Koslov vs. Kyle O'Reilly
I've never seen Kyle O'Reily wrestle before. But if I didn't have my contacts in, I would have thought it was Alex Koslov vs. Davey Richards. Lot's of Russia chants in this one. O'Reily wins.

Willie Mack vs. Roderick Strong
Crowd was over big time for Willie. He came out to "Next world champ" chants. The whole night, people were chanting for someone to do a moonsault. Best one of the night was during this match. Early on, someone said, "I promise you, if you do a f###### moonsault you will win right now." HAHAHAHAH. Mack got the win (not by moonsault).

El Generico vs. Eddie Edwards
Right as the match was about to begin, Steen came out and said that he just spoke with PWG management, and that since he hasn't gotten a rematch with Generico and that he beat Edwards at BOLA, if the two of them agreed, it would be a 3 way for the title. Edwards agrees, and after being goaded by Steen, Generico agrees and promptly Yakuza kicks Steen on the apron. Co-match of the night ensues. Generico hit the top rope brainbuster on Edwards, but as he was going for the pin Steen pulls him outside and hits him with a SICK powerbomb onto the apron. Steen dives in and gets the pin. NEW WORLD CHAMP, Kevin Steen! As he leaves holding the two belts, he said to Generico, "Anything you can do I can do better." Buy the dvd.

Super Dragon got bumped from the show because of a training injury. And Steen is once again the PWG World Champ. Hopefully this time, he'll get a long run with the title. Sounds like a good show overall.

Smartmark

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
This show dissapointed

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Why? because Super Dragon wasn't there and the advertised 4 way tag didn't happen?

Smartmark

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Pretty much, and how in holy hell could Steen be new champion?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Because if you read the report, he wanted a rematch with Generico for the PWG title but somehow didn't get it. And he asked Eddie if it was ok if he was involved, Eddie said yes and he goaded Generico into accepting Steen into their match.

I also like the line at the end: Anything you can do, I can do better.

Smartmark

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ Just that it seemed they where gonna establish Super Dragon and Steen as a tag team in PWG, but now that is not truly. They will probably not proceed to the second round in the DDT tournament

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
They can still establish them as a Tag Team.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
[video=youtube;WgrofR92ITU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgrofR92ITU&feature=player_embedded[/video]