PWG: DDT4 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
On January 12, 2013, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will return to American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, for our annual tag team tournament, DDT4! 2013's tournament will feature eight team vying to win the tournament, but only one will be able to win three matches in one night and earn their place in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla history!

Tickets for this event will go on sale Monday, December 17, at 8:00PM PST on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tickets page.

The eight teams competing in 2013's DDT4 are:

1. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
2. Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)
3. World-1 International (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
4. The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin)
5. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
6. World Tag Team Champions Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Stupefied)
7. DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong)
8. El Generico & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Well, we've got all the teams now. Steenerico are indeed the final team of DDT4. Let that sink in for a minute. One hell of a line up this year! Sadly Steen/Generico reunion means no 2 Husky Black Guys reunion and there's a lack of RockNES but that'll only further piss them off and progress them as heels at least.

What do you guys think of the line up? Who's your pick, what team excites you most?

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I dunno what to think about the lack of RockNES. On one hand, PWG should be pushing at least one SoCal team through this. On the other, their crowd reactions during this years show seems to indicate they're not as over as PWG would like.

Great line up of teams though, legit tough to pick a winner. SSB are of course the champs so should go far, Young Bucks usually do well, Dojo Bros have started off strong, Steenerico on the same page could win the whole thing, Briscoes are the Briscoes. No favourites until the first round matches are confirmed.

Castiel

Reaction score
So... El Generico has been injured. Worst possible timing ever. No Steenerico reunion. Let's all take a moment to cry.

With that, here's the line up for the show!

DDT4 First Round Tag Team Match
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. Willie Mack & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)

The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) vs. Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied)

Plus, in non-tournament action, the second match in a best-of-three series, with the winner of the series
earning a shot at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship:

Knock-Out or Submission Only Match
Sami Callihan (1-0) vs. Drake Younger

The Viper

Reaction score
I wanna punch somebody in the fucking face right now. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Fuck, I was so excited to see Steenerico again (without Rick Knox). Eh. I guess Mack and Steen ain't THAT bad but still.....

Reaction score
I dunno what to think about the lack of RockNES. On one hand, PWG should be pushing at least one SoCal team through this. On the other, their crowd reactions during this years show seems to indicate they're not as over as PWG would like.

More like they're not as over with Super Dragon as the crowd would like. They're in the middle of getting Cutler'ized.

Castiel

Reaction score
More like they're not as over with Super Dragon as the crowd would like. They're in the middle of getting Cutler'ized.

Sadly that's the way it seems.

Steen jokingly tweeted that he and Mack will be called "2 Not-So-Skinny White Dudes". Awesome team carrying on the awesome team names? I guess things could be worse. But seriously, Jim you'll probably know this, when was the last time Generico was injured? He seems invincible, horrible timing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Also, while some people are here, why did Steenerico break up in PWG canon?

Castiel

Reaction score
I assumed the rivalry was so big it carried over everywhere as if they really did hate each other.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I assumed the rivalry was so big it carried over everywhere as if they really did hate each other.

That's what I thought. Like the feud started in ROH, so everyone else just went with it. Weird.

Reaction score
Also, while some people are here, why did Steenerico break up in PWG canon?

They've always had a very rocky relationship in PWG. They came in together, but Steen quickly ditched Generico. That led to a big time war. Once Steen cooled off with his Super Dragon hatred, Steen and Generico were able to fix their issues. When Generico won the PWG World Title, tensions rose again, but Generico ended up losing the belt just in time to strengthen the bond again. While the PWG break-up never really happened and is a rare time PWG is acknowledging something ROH has done, it's not as if it's completely out of character for Steen to have issues with Generico in PWG.

Steen's fragile mental state hasn't exactly made him the most trustworthy of guy's in PWG.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Swann and Ricochet together, the two are destined to steal the show in my opinion.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Swann and Ricochet together, the two are destined to steal the show in my opinion.

Looking at their first round opponents, I'm inclined to agree....

Ricochet and Rich Swann will take on The Young Bucks
The Unbreakable Fucking Machines will face The Super Smash Brothers
DojoBros will face Future Shock
Willie Mack and Kevin Steen will do battle with The Briscoe Brothers

Castiel

Reaction score
For sure. They must team elsewhere, right? I don't follow DGUSA or anything though. They're like made to team. I also like how it says who will face and then that Steen & Mack will "do battle" with The Briscoes because with Steen and the Briscoes in one ring it's sure to be a war!

Castiel

Reaction score
Even though he's injured, El Generico insists on being at PWG for DDT4! He's back in the tournament with Kevin Steen!

YES! Steenerico reunion is back on! I love Willie Mack but this is perfect.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
God, this is got the makings of a memorable weekend. DDT4 just became must see (not that it wasn't already).

EDIT: Just realised they'll be against the Briscoes's as well, could this possibly get any better?