PWG: BOLA 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Wow, so it seems us here at Pulse have been so excited about CHIKARA's King Of Trios this month that we all but forgot that PWG also holds an extremely awesome tournament this month! Battle Of Los Angeles! Last year BOLA was only 1 night but this year we're back to 16 competitors and 2 nights! Who's involved? Some of the best talent on the independent circuit!

- Adam Cole
- B-Boy
- Brian Cage
- Davey Richards
- Drake Younger
- Eddie Edwards
- El Generico
- Joey Ryan
- Kevin Steen
- Kyle O'Reilly
- Michael Elgin
- Ricochet
- Roderick Strong
- Sami Callihan
- TJ Perkins
- Willie Mack

And just look at the matches for night 1!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2012 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage 1
Saturday, September 1, 2012 - 8:00PM Bell Time - Reseda, CA
American Legion Post #308 - 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335

First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Davey Richards (5th Battle of Los Angeles - 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (6th Battle of Los Angeles)

Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

TJ Perkins (2nd Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Joey Ryan (6th Battle of Los Angeles - 2010 Battle of Los Angeles winner)

B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles) vs. Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)

Stage 2 of the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles will feature the Quarter-Final, Semi-Final, and Final Rounds of the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles tournament, plus non-tournament matches!

So, who's your pick? It's easy to argue that this could be Willie Mack or Brian Cage's year. I don't think Cage will go all the way just yet, like Mack didn't last year but Willie Mack has a good chance... Sami Callihan may look like a tough guy to go against in the first round but his PWG record after 2 shows is 0-3. Don't forget the champ himself is in this too!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Viper

Reaction score
Elgin/Richards?

Davey Richards.....be prepared to get brutally raped.

I would love for Elgin to pull this off. He's been putting on semi-classics in PWG from what I've seen. Loved his match with Willie Mack at DTABM.

Castiel

Reaction score
Elgin hasn't been there long but of course everyone knows he's a total beast! Even in a loss to Willie Mack he still showed that. Booking Davey/Elgin is smart because obviously people are aware that their ROH match was called a 5 Star match. Hopefully this time Elgin can get the win.

Castiel

Reaction score
- #PWG #BOLA2012 TJ Perkins defeated Joey Ryan.

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Roderick Strong defeated Drake Younger

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Eddie Edwards defeated Kyle O’Reilly in 13:55

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Brian Cage defeated B-Boy in 16:57

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Ricochet defeated Kevin Steen in 15:54!

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Sami Callahan defeated Willie Mack in 13:27.

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Adam Cole defeated El Generico in 11:15.

- #PWG #BOLA2012 Michael Elgin defeated Davey Richards in 23:21

A few upsets last night! Ricochet beating Steen, Cole beating Generico, Sami beating an easy favorite in Willie Mack! Neither Steen or Generico needed to go far anyway so that's smart and they obviously knew how many people expect Mack to take this thing. I had a good feeling about Cole this year since his promo was the best going in.

[video=youtube;QFZgSNmJDCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZgSNmJDCA[/video]

Here's who we've got going into Night 2 of the tournament:
- TJ Perkins
- Roderick Strong
- Eddie Edwards
- Brian Cage
- Ricochet
- Sami Callihan
- Adam Cole
- Michael Elgin

Some great matches could be made from this but PWG has said they won't be announcing them in advance. Non tournament matches will take place tonight as well!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
a lot of big names eliminated early. Hopefully PWG is looking at making a new star tonight.

The Viper

Reaction score
A few upsets last night! Ricochet beating Steen, Cole beating Generico, Sami beating an easy favorite in Willie Mack! Neither Steen or Generico needed to go far anyway so that's smart and they obviously knew how many people expect Mack to take this thing. I had a good feeling about Cole this year since his promo was the best going in.

[video=youtube;QFZgSNmJDCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZgSNmJDCA[/video]

Here's who we've got going into Night 2 of the tournament:
- TJ Perkins
- Roderick Strong
- Eddie Edwards
- Brian Cage
- Ricochet
- Sami Callihan
- Adam Cole
- Michael Elgin

Some great matches could be made from this but PWG has said they won't be announcing them in advance. Non tournament matches will take place tonight as well!

That's a great lineup for night 2. Elgin/Cole would be something great and maybe even Callihan/Cage. A few potential great matches in there. Also, after seeing that Cole promo (I believe I saw it a few weeks ago but I had to watch that again), Cole would be a very good prediction to win this thing.

Castiel

Reaction score
That's a great lineup for night 2. Elgin/Cole would be something great and maybe even Callihan/Cage. A few potential great matches in there. Also, after seeing that Cole promo (I believe I saw it a few weeks ago but I had to watch that again), Cole would be a very good prediction to win this thing.

I would be very happy with those matches in the final 4. Cole winning would kill Future Shock off from the tag division, I'm not sure they want to do that. I also don't think their going to push Cage all the way for some odd reason...

The Viper

Reaction score
I would be very happy with those matches in the final 4. Cole winning would kill Future Shock off from the tag division, I'm not sure they want to do that. I also don't think their going to push Cage all the way for some odd reason...

Yeah, you've got a point. I'm not a fan of O'Reilly at all so I wouldn't be opposed to Future Shock being done after Cole winning BOLA but that's just me. Wouldn't make much sense, though. I see Cage making it to the final 4 but yeah, I don't see him getting a push despite having that entertaining World Title match against Steen a couple of months ago (I think I'm the only one that thinks that).

Castiel

Reaction score
Their title match was pretty lackluster but Cage is still a Fu... well you know. I'm all for O'Reilly hate so I'm fine with him as a heel, he and Richards are both very hateable and that's cool. Also, O'Reilly lost via DQ last night. But I'll be damned, see the results for yourself!

Sami Callihan d. TJ Perkins to advance to the #BOLA semi-finals! #PWG

Adam Cole d. Eddie Edwards to advance to the semifinals. Cage vs. Elgin up next! #BOLA #PWG

Michael Elgin d. Brian Cage to advance to the semis! Ricochet vs. Roddy is the final... Sorry, craziest shit ever interrupted the tweet

RT @JoeyRyanOnline #PWG #BOLA2012 Night Two - Young Bucks & Brian Cage vs. Generico & Rick Knox set for later tonight!

Ricochet d. Roderick Strong! The final four is set! #BOLA #PWG

Willie, Drake, and B-Boy d. Kyle Team Statutory (Joey, Kyle, & Davey)

Adam Cole d. Sami Callihan to advance to the #BOLA finals!

Michael Elgin breaks Ricochet and will meet Adam Cole in the 2012 #BOLA finals! #PWG

RICK KNOX, El Generico, & Kevin Steen d. Brian Cage & The Young Bucks! Even crazier craziest shit ever! #BOLA #PWG

Adam Cole is your 2012 Battle of Los Angeles tournament winner! Tremendous effort by Michael Elgin! #PWG #BOLA

Team Statuary, the sleaziest team of all time.

proxy.jpg

Rick Knox is THE MAN! Awesome results, I'm fine with Cole winning it! Elgin also would've been fine. Must see show for sure.

Castiel

Reaction score
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvs_HLkY_U&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This Adam Cole is a great Adam Cole.