PWG: All Star Weekend X (Night 1 Results!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score

MAIN.jpg

NIGHT 1 (December 20)

PWG World Championship
Chris Hero challenges Adam Cole

The Young Bucks/Kevin Steen vs. Ricochet/Rich Swann/AR Fox

Davey Richards vs Johnny Gargano

(Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong) DojoBros vs Best Friends (Chuck Taylor/Trent?)

Anthony Nese vs Brian Cage

ACH vs Michael Elgin

Drake Younger vs Tomasso Ciampa

RockNES Monsters vs Candice LaRae/Joey Ryan

NIGHT 2 (December 21)

PWG World Championship
Winner of Cole/Hero vs. Johnny Gargano

Loser Of Cole/Hero vs ACH

Kevin Steen/The Young Bucks vs Candice LaRae/Joey Ryan/Drake Younger

Anthony Nese vs Tomasso Ciampa

Ricochet vs Davey Richards

Unbreakable F'N Machines vs Best Friends

DojoBros vs AR Fox/Rich Swann

RockNES Monsters vs PPRAY vs B-Boy/Willie Mack

I have to say, especially for All Star Weekend, these shows look weak. The only one I'm really interested in Cole vs Candice, Candice's involvement constantly interests me these days. No tag title matches is pretty lame though but I guess it's good to see Mount Rushmore working 6 mans. No Steen vs O'Reilly or K.O. at all so far is strange. Are they playing an injury angle or what? The obvious thing would've been to have him face Steen on one of these shows. Speaking of which, I love Gargano but isn't it pretty unfair that he gets a shot and O'Reilly doesn't even get a rematch? Logically, Steen's interruption should be grounds for a rematch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: PWG All Star Weekend 10

For all the great talent involved, the shows don't look that great tbh.

BTW, the PWG holiday sale is back, 5 shows for $40!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Reaction score

No Steen vs O'Reilly or K.O. at all so far is strange. Are they playing an injury angle or what? The obvious thing would've been to have him face Steen on one of these shows. Speaking of which, I love Gargano but isn't it pretty unfair that he gets a shot and O'Reilly doesn't even get a rematch? Logically, Steen's interruption should be grounds for a rematch

lolz, no. It's PWG, they're not going to not book a guy to tell a story. With the shows being just a few days before Christmas, he may have just opted not to go work for PWG in order to spend time with his family.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Chris Hero is now booked for the show!

Castiel

Reaction score

lolz, no. It's PWG, they're not going to not book a guy to tell a story. With the shows being just a few days before Christmas, he may have just opted not to go work for PWG in order to spend time with his family.

Seems possible. Who knows, just odd to not book the guy that main evented your last show.

Chris Hero is now booked for the show!

THIS is the kind of thing that was needed to get some excitement surrounding ASW! The release sucks but should be fun to see him return to PWG.

Super Dragon has announced that he's retooling the card and an updated one should be up soon. I wonder who Hero could wind up facing now?

Castiel

Reaction score

Card has been updated and is looking much better. Elgin/Cage vs Trent?/Chuckie T is much more interesting than singles matches and the three way tag looks a lot more fun. Little changes there but they help. Obviously the big one is that Chris Hero will now face Adam Cole for the PWG World Championship on Night 1! I think we can assume Hero/ACH will also happen on Night 2 which is perfect since DGUSA has Hero/Gargano covered and ROH has ACH/Cole covered both this weekend I believe.

Don't forget, tickets go on sale this Thursday in case anyone is looking to go!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: PWG: All Star Weekend X (Card Updated!)

See now that's better! DojoBros vs. Fox/Swann could be a sleeper depending on Strong and Eddie are feeling

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Castiel

Reaction score

Both are really hit or miss a lot of the time but I think they'll bring their A-Game for ASW! I definitely prefer them together in PWG at least, same goes for a lot of teams in PWG.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Night 1 is tonight. A Hero returns to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!

Castiel

Reaction score

PWG All Star Weekend Night One
Reseda, California
Report by Dot Net reader Sean Faulkner

The show opened with Excalibur doing his opening speech, Mount Rushmore interrupting, and Chris Hero running out to clear house and cut a promo.

1. Brian Cage defeated Anthony Nese.

2. Candice LeRae and Joey Ryan defeated RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma).

3. Drake Younger over Tomasso Ciampa via rollup

4. Johnny Gargano defeated Davey Richards via submission. After the match, Davey talked about this being his last weekend and then he is off to Orlando. The crowd chanted NXT. Davey said something like "I said Orlando, but I didn't say which place."

5. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent?) defeated DojoBros (Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong).

6. Michael Elgin beat ACH.

7. The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) and Kevin Steen defeated AR Fox, Ricochet, and Rich Swann. Kevin Steen came out wearing the same kind of gear the Young Bucks wear, but the back of his shirt said "F---" instead of "SUPERKICK."

8. Adam Cole defeated Chris Hero to retain the PWG Title. Two ref bumps and an interference by Mount Rushmore helped Cole keep the title. After the match, Hero cut a promo about being disappointed he didn't win and that he is happy to be back to prove he is still the best. Someone in the crowd yelled "Fuck Norman Smiley," which led to Hero defending Norman and a "Norman Smiley" chant breaking out.

Notes: I didn't write much about each match because it'll get repetitive to write good/great match after each match. The top three matches in my mind, though, were the six-man tag match, Elgin vs. ACH, and Richards vs. Gargano.

1525753_713829725307311_268193968_n.jpg

Kevin Steen is the greatest. Mount Rushmore wins all.

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;YOirTRMCe6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOirTRMCe6Q[/video]

FINALLY! It seems Brian Cage has physically gotten too big for normal trunks, he looks unhealthy at this point. Steen rocks his new attire though as we all know. Plus, Chris Hero and his elbows~!!