• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Punk's Roundhouse

Just listen to the guy talk, it's not unfounded at all. He thinks he's God's gift to wrestling (Jericho). Obviously his legions of fans don't see that, but looking from an unbiased POV, you know what's up. I'm a fan too...well, pre-'10 anyway, but that doesn't affect his attitude at all. Flywalker, he was jobbing to Evan Bourne clean 4 months before he left, you think WWE just gave up trying to sign him? Lol. This goes back through his whole career though tbf, that's just how he is.

Punk himself often makes fun of the fact that he constantly has heat with somebody. There's a major difference between "thinking you're the best" and being unprofessional and pissing off the wrong people. So yeah, real unfounded, just listening/reading to what they themselves say instead of looking through the rose-colored glasses of the IWC. >_>

I disagree with you, HTK. If you monitor his career you see where WWE has spent vast amounts of time jobbing him, 03-05, the end of his recent run, early 2000 and so on. And this is wrestling, if anyone has ego problems, it's not long before it hits the sheets. And have never, ever heard anyone say anything disparaging about the guy. Not looking thru rose colored lenses, just calling it how I've seen it.

Want to hear ego, go listen to a Bret, Hogan, Warrior, Nash, Sid or Matt Hardy interview.

Punk's new finisher, I love it, its tough, legit and gives you that MMA feeling to it, since it is used to knock so many people out. As far as the whole thing with Kenta over in Japan, I understand it, he invented the move but one the other hand he just sounds like Japan's Kurt Angle, complaining about people stealing his moves, wa wa wa. We all know Punk won't get the title when John "superman" Cena is scheduled to face the Rock for it, but he should main event against Cena, the promos would be electric from Punk. As far as him jobbing, I think that won't be true, he will be WWE's go to guy for a good match to keep the crowd pleased and on there feet, like Jericho. Now WWE has a brilliant program waiting in the wings with Stone Cold admitting he would love the chance to face Punk. Even if these two just went head to head on RAW, I can assure you it would be one of the most classic promo's and confrontations of the 21st century in wrestling, a bit like when Angle and Joe met for the first time in TNA with the legit headbutt from Joe to Angle. All I have to say is, along with Ryder, Bryan and McIntyre, Punk is one of the most underutilized wrestlers in the entire WWE locker room

Airfixx

Bollocks to anyone in pro wrestleing who thinks they 'invented' a simple roundhouse kick..... Credit probably goes to some Chinese guy hundreds of years ago.

What next? ....We start patenting basic punches??? : pfffffff :

Luke Flywalker

Bollocks to anyone in pro wrestleing who thinks they 'invented' a simple roundhouse kick..... Credit probably goes to some Chinese guy hundreds of years ago.

They're talking about the GTS........ lol.

Was talking about the GTS but obviously you didn't follow the flow

Not sure if this was brought up but punk stole the GTS from the japs, mainly kenta who does it much, much better, including from a half rack position. If it were mention, disregard this post.

Wearedoomed

For bigger wrestlers like Big Show or Undertaker, Punk should use that Roundhouse Kick as his go-to move to put them down. It's fast, and it's simple, and it can get the job done; he used it to get the win over Mark Henry last year I believe and he just used it to cost Big Show and Kane the straps, so it can be seen as a credible finisher. If Yoshi Tatsu can do it, why not Punk?

Luke Flywalker

Kenta knees people in the chest though... Punk knees people in the face. Does it hurt the product that it doesn't look like it's full-force? To the hardcore maybe. But realistically, does WWE want him out there smashing people's faces in? Absolutely not.