• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestleMania Punk-Taker match in serious doubt.

Credit:- Powerbomb Pro Wrestling.

***MAJOR CM PUNK INJURY UPDATE REGARDING WRESTLEMANIA.***

News broke earlier today about what happened on RAW during the main event between CM Punk and Kane where referee Mike Chioda threw up the "X" symbol and a trainer came down to look at Punk. A few more times during the match, Chioda called for a trainer to come down but Punk ended up finishing the match.

CM Punk took to twitter an hour ago with this tweet and attached image :

CM Punk @CMPunk
Out of the scan. Not loo...king good. Out to see my buddy Dr James Andrews. #Wrestlemania?

Within minutes the post was taken down from the social media website. Despite the post being deleted, pictures of the MRI Scan have been shared among twitter followers of Punk and have now become public knowledge.

A WWE source could only comment saying, 'This injury to Phil (CM Punk) is untimely. The results from the scan do not look prosperous. With Wrestlemania round the corner, everyone is wary of injuries of this calibre.

The backstage knowledge is that the CM Punk vs The Undertaker match, at this years Wrestlemania, is now a serious doubt due to the ligament damage suffered on his knee, the same knee injured earlier this year.
75047_361187413994739_1110604731_n.jpg

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
To get a discussion going. If Punk is scratched off. Who can fill in for him at such short notice?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Stopspot said:
To get a discussion going. If Punk is scratched off. Who can fill in for him at such short notice?

Daniel Bryan? :yay:
Lesnar? :gusta:

Yeah, that's not happening.
Maybe Randy Orton will bring back the Legend Killer gimmick? Though that seems unlikely as well.

:hmm:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
GrammarNazi82 said:
Somehow, I'm very much doubting the entire original post.

How? Punk is pretty injury prone and the reports about the ref throwing up the X are legit so there is the possibility.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Stopspot said:
How? Punk is pretty injury prone and the reports about the ref throwing up the X are legit so there is the possibility.

Yeah, I believe the reports about him quite possibly being injured on Monday and the trainers checking him out. However, THIS particular update I'm inclined to not believe. The first part of the original post that reiterates what other news sources reported, sure, but not the rest of it about Twitter and the "WWE source," etc. It just seems sketchy to me, for a few reasons. So, yeah, I call shenanigans on this particular update / "report."

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
If Punk isn't able to make Wrestlemania, I wonder if they'll put anyone against Undertaker. I kinda like Taker walking into WM30 against Cena with the big round 20-0 number anyway.

Regardless of the report being true or not, I think Punk will still pull through for Wrestlemania. He could obviously use that time off afterwards that I've been saying for awhile that he should take.

Cloud

Champion
If this is true to me its a shame. Secondly its also a shame that Kane and Taker are in the twilight of there careers as with this scenario. Kane could easily turn heel and we could have had brother vs brother. Bus as I state with both getting on not sure how this would go now. But at same time you could use it to disband D-Bry and Kane as well in the coming weeks.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Stopspot said:

As much as I hate to say it, Sheamus seems like the biggest possibility. It seems like they're building towards the triple-threat IC title match on Raw this week being done at WM as well, but they can easily take Jericho out of that and into the Shield match to take his place.

If this is true... umm... kudos to WWE's scatterbrained booking leaving them easy backup plans?

Crayo

The Boss
Rain said:
If this is true... umm... kudos to WWE's scatterbrained booking leaving them easy backup plans?

Rain, this is the IWC. We don't give WWE credit for anything here.