Pulse Pro-Wrestling 2012 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[The salute to Frank Gotch has ended as the fans clap. The camera pans around to the fans as they give their applause. Mitch though, has to clap through bites, as he is caught with a mouthful of crab cakes. W-olf is just now coming from the bathroom as he zips up his pants, and looks around wondering what just happened, apparently missing the induction. Castiel nods his head in appreciation, before pulling out a Game Boy Advanced, flicking the out of date gaming console on and beginning to play Batman Begins. Meanwhile, Crimson Tide has OD’d on the floor. The EC returns to stage to an applause of his own and takes his spot at the podium.]

The EC - “Wrapping up our first Pioneer Age class induction, we will now be brought back around to the Renaissance Era. This second induction who received a significant number of votes more than The Icon, Sting was a man who also defined his promotion during this age. The difference is, his promotion won the war. But this man didn’t always represent the promotion where he truly made his name and instead had a fruitful career in WCW, despite being limited to some degree. His persona there however was a stark difference from what he had going for him in WWF, and following a fallout with his boss, he left and for a short time, spent some time with the third biggest promotion in America, ECW. He didn’t find what he was looking for and still wanted to explore his opportunities, and when he was signed by WWF in the mid-90’s and though it took some time to grow, he would eventually blow up with what was one of the most memorable promos in all of wrestling history, sparking a five year reign of terror over the WWF, including many titles reign and TONS of controversy. Our next inductee into the Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame is the impeccable Texas Rattlesnake -â€

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

[“Glass Shatters†by Disturbed plays as Austin is highlighted up on the big screen. Ranging his youth as young football player up until his Hollywood Blondes days and up to his days as the Bionic Redneck, Stone Cold Steve Austin. The crowd shows it’s respect with catcalls and cheers, the loudest so far. Several elated fans, notably Catfish Billy and Fuji Vice stand to salute. Billy throws up his middle fingers Stone Cold style, and Fuji Vice jokingly throws him the ‘filming’ taunt that Steve Austin did as a Hollywood Blonde. The EC holds up his plaque and resumes his speech.]

t9v5aa.png

The EC - “No man, And I mean no man… has ever been able to define an entire generation more accurately or more proudly than Stone Cold Steve Austin! Starting with his win in the 1996 King of the Ring Tournament and dragging on through feuds with Bret Hart, The Rock, and of course Vince McMahon, Steve Austin was week in and week out, THE HIGHLIGHT of pro wrestling. There was no way to predict what Austin was going to do next. Each week when you tuned into Raw, or even Smackdown, you could count on being shocked at The Rattlesnake’s antics and above the law self-entitlement. And although the corporate fat cats in the WWF put obstacle after obstacle in his way, Austin managed to overcome the challenges and become a multi-time World Champion. The life of Stone Cold was fast paced and reckless and no challenge was too big, nor was any one rule unbreakable. Stone Cold’s attitude could be defined by many sayings over the year, including ‘Fuck Fear’ and ‘Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave’. These such taglines defined Austin perfectly and it’s true that he is the definite personification of a modern day outlaw. He rose to greatness and stayed on top, and he did it his way. That’s what’s most important. And that’s why we’re pleased to honor Stone Cold Steve Austin with this induction into our Pulse Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame!â€

[A tribute once more immediately begins to play as the attendees of the even gaze on. The EC uses the time to put Stone Cold’s plaque on the table with all the others, before climbing off stage and taking a seat beside his good pal Chaka Krim, who still seems paranoid that he got caught trying to sell illegal paraphernalia on camera. He waves with an awkward smile as he tries to ignore the camera and watch the tribute.]

[video=youtube;Ly0NDg8ve8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly0NDg8ve8I[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh, hell yeah! No one deserves to be in the Pulse Hall more than Steve Austin. Great introduction, EC.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I didn't know there was a wife beating wing in the HoF.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No, there isn't a wife beating wing.

Nor will there be a certain other kind of wing - before this escalates.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wasn't gonna go there...but fuck Stone Cold he beat his wife and stole Bad News Browns gimmick...woo hoo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Starlight

That was brilliant writing EC! Wish this was played out in Real Life haha man I'd go wild as I'm sure everyone would ^_^ I laughed at the part where Zoey threw her froot loops on the floor. Once again thank you for sharing that with us :)

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
No, there isn't a wife beating wing.

Nor will there be a certain other kind of wing - before this escalates.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Why whatever other wing could you possibly be talking aboot? :shifty:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[The EC re-approaches the stand as the Stone Cold tribute video gets brought to a wrap. He gets to the podium and clears his throat.]

The EC - “Legend status isn’t a lifelong goal. It’s not something to target and then accomplish. To me, legend status is something that a person lives. For a person to truly be a legend, he must live like a legend and carry himself like a legend. He must eat, sleep, and breath legend. Some people have spent their careers trying to reach that accolade of legend, but others who are wise enough live legend status. Their life isn’t consumed with becoming a legend, it’s consumed instead with BEING a legend. But what makes a legend? The first step in being a legend in this business, is wrestling legends. If your challenger isn’t himself a legend, or on his way to being a legend, how can you ever be a legend? Wrestling tossers in throwaway matches is no way to achieve the feat. Do you think our last inductee, Stone Cold, would be in this Hall of Fame today had he not been in the ring with everyone from Dwayne “The Rock†Johnson to The Undertaker, both legends in their own right? I find it hard to believe that he could ever be even considered for this honor if he spent his career wrestling Savio Vega. So that’s the first step. The second step, is beating legends. You must overcome these men to be considered among their ranks. Maven had his fair amount of contests with great wrestlers, including Triple H, but we aren’t honoring him here today, and why? Because he wasn’t that good. The third step, is knowing deep down inside, that you’re a legend. If you don’t believe you’re a legend, why should anyone else be motivated to? They shouldn’t, and that’s why the swagger of a legend is ever so important. And who fits this bill more than a man who wrestled the likes of Antonio Inoki and Whipper Billy Watson and holds wins over everyone from Buddy Rodgers and Rikidozan? Who deserves this honor more than the man who held well over 20 titles around the globe, and not only brought American wrestling into new heights, but Japanese wrestling as well? Who deserves this honor more than -â€

LOU THESZ!

[Pictures from the illustrious career of Lou Thesz flash among the big screens as The EC ceremoniously raises the plaque of this legend into the sky.]

jhrm04.png

[Porkchop Express holds up a sign that reads ‘Come for The EC - Stay for the Thesz’ as the fans applaud the legendary Lou Thesz.]

The EC - “Perhaps the oldest household name still around. All through the early into the late 20th century, Lou Thesz was all about progressing the wrestling business. With his countless contributions and achievements, Lou became known all across the states for being the definitive world champ for over a decade. Well after his job was done, Lou continued to wrestle and even with more than thirty years of career in front of him, he was already considered a legend. So he took his skills to Japan, where pro wrestling was beginning to hit, and he gave the Japanese a reason to watch the sport, through many memorable matches with Rikidozan, Giant Baba, and Antonio Inoki. Through doing this, he may have become the first legitimate intercontinental pro wrestling star, and if not, he was at least the biggest one to date. He became unforgettable. But that’s only because he was wrestling 60 years after his first NWA World Title win! And to think that people felt like Flair wrestled a long time. His wrestling career, from his debut all the way to his final match, lasted 68 years, with of course some break time, mostly in the 80’s. Nevertheless, a feat like this will probably never be accomplished again. Not in our lifetime. Unless Verne Gagne comes out of retirement, I guess. But that isn’t happening. And in all likelihood, we’ll probably never be treated to a more stand-up, well rounded, legitimately great wrestler like Lou Thesz ever again! So please, Pulse family, let’s hear it for the man who literally put pro-wrestling on the map, Lou Thesz ladies and gentlemen!â€

[The highlight reel is cued as EC goes over to put Thesz’s plaque in its place. Catfish Billy lets out a ‘whoop, whoop!’ for the historic wrestling figure as we fade to the highlight reel.]

[video=youtube;96kMrNvqpr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kMrNvqpr0[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Great induction, I didn't nominate him but still a great one nevertheless.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[The tribute to one of the truest legends in all of wrestling, Lou Thesz, concludes as many men including Troy, The Stunner, and #HEEL stand to clap for Thesz. Mitch returns from the little boy’s room and makes his way to the bar, and calls for some refreshment. The bartender slides him a root beer, and he decides that’s good enough. He looks towards his seat and spots Viper sitting there, (thanks to Troy) and makes his way over. He looks down at Viper from behind, and the Viper is oblivious of his presence. Mitch grabs his bottle by the neck, and smashes it over Viper’s head as he falls to the floor unconscious. Mitch rolls his body out of the way and sits down, propping his feet up on Viper’s unconscious carcass. The EC comes back on stage.]

The EC - “Ladies and gentlemen, we are now going to induct our second Golden Age inductee, and at this time I’d like to introduce a man who will be helping me induct for the remainder of the night.. You know him, you love him, he MIGHT be your grandpa.. Fuji Vice!â€

[“The Payback†by James Brown hits as Fuji Vice stands up. He waves to all the clapping members of the audience and walks on up to the stage with his cane, grinning widely on his way up. The EC shakes his hand as the long-mustached elder scoots his way to the podium.]

Fuji Vice - “Throughout the years, there have been very few individuals in the wrestling business who can truly be considered "the gold standard" by which all others are measured. There are certainly a couple already inducted and by the end of the night there will be a couple more. However, perhaps none of these men truly defines that term more than our next inductee. From humble beginnings in his father's territorial promotion, this man rose to the very height of the wrestling business...and did it on more than one occasion. Eventually earning twenty championships during his career, he was never anything less than a true professional who always gave us his all and left nothing on the table. Greatness is a term that is not thrown about easily, particularly in the case of wrestlers, but without a doubt this man was truly one of the greatest of all time. His style captivated us, his ability astounded us and his very presence made us realize we were watching someone truly special. In a business known for outlandish characters and bizarre personalities, this man stood head and shoulders above them all and brought enough pomp and circumstance to make even the hardest to please stand up and cheer. There has never been one like him before and there never will be again, everyone join me in an "oooh yeah" and welcome the next inductee -â€

MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!

[Pomp and Circumstance plays as Mach’s photos are highlighted on the video screen. The EC claps and hands the plaque over to Fuji Vice who walks over and puts it on the display table, right next to Lou Thesz. The EC approaches the stand next.]

e6c01v.jpg

The EC - “Lavishness in pro wrestling begins and ends with Macho Man. From the glory days of Gorgeous George up to the modern times of Austin Aries, I can’t say that I know one more man who I would label the living definition of flamboyance than Macho Man! His right fist was named glitz and left, glam. Showmanship was his profession and no one did it better. Some fans say that in WWF, he was often overshadowed by Hogan, but it’s hard to overshadow the most dedicated, passionate, loveable, and extravagant superstar to ever lace up boots. He had many evolutions, turning heel on Hogan and joining the nWo were just a couple of things he did to remain at the top when everyone was looking to put him down, and though Macho Man could often be found bruised and beaten, he could never be broken! If there’s one thing Savage did well, it was beat the odds. Just when you think you have him, he fights back! This method defined his life, and though he recently met his tragic end in life, his legacy will never have to fear meeting the same tragic fate. 20 years from now, young fans and old fans alike will still relish in the memory of The Macho Man and remember him for what he was… the best. We know his soul is out there somewhere, and it’s still dropping sky high elbows I’m sure, and we just want to let Mach know that on this night, we respect him, appreciate him, and remember him. Long live Randy Savage, long live the greatest showman of all time!â€

[The fans, some welling up in the emotion, applaud vehemently as EC whips around and points to the screen, introducing his tribute.]

[video=youtube;ibG6MyMcmlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibG6MyMcmlA[/video]​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
[Fuji Vice remains onstage with EC following Macho Man’s induction. The EC takes to the podium first.]

The EC - “We are now about to begin the induction of the special categories, the will include the tag team inductees, the on-air personality inductee, and the most revered and respected of all, the platinum inductee. Guesses to who the Platinum Inductee are swirling around and with great tons of great candidates, ranging from Hulk Hogan to The Rock, it should be interesting to see who is revealed as winner. But first we must induct our tag team, and here to give us the business, once more, is Fuji Vice!â€

[Fuji bows to The EC in honor, as gong noises sound in the background, and he soon he approaches the podium once more.]

Fuji Vice - “Dominant is a word that is used to define very important, powerful people that command, control and prevail over all others. In the annals of wrestling history, there have been several of these dominant individuals and each time they entered the business the landscape was forever changed. Be it by sheer force of will or brute strength the likes of which had never been seen before, our next inductees definitely fall into the dominant category. Never before had a team come along that evoked such an emotional response in the crowd and its arguable that none has ever come close to matching their level of intensity since. Their list of accomplishments reads like a veritable fantasy chart of what every tag team wrestler wishes to aspire to and indeed they have inspired countless others to go out and become the teams they are today. Without these men, there would be no Demolition, no Dudley Boys and, arguably, no Beer Money. They truly are the epitome of the term "modern day gladiator", the very essence of grit and determination and perhaps the two greatest warriors to ever step into the squared circle. Ladies and gentlemen, the first tag team inducted into the PWF Hall of Fame -â€

THE ROAD WARRIORS!

[Photos emerge of Hawk and Animal, and even a few of Paul Ellering and one with Kensuke Sasaki, in the background from a New Japan match. Fans cheer, Booty barks and pumps his fist, and Chaka shouts “YEEE-AHHH!â€. The EC hands over the plaque to Fuji as Fuji once again takes it, and places it in its spot. The EC walks over to the stand to wrap up the speech.]
vi08b9.png

The EC - “As recognizable as they come, The Road Warriors were in the right place, at the right time. Had they been a few years earlier, their look might have been too outrageous. Had they been a few years later, they might be a bit out of style, or late to the party even. But the time period they landed in fit their style like a glove. And on top of their look, their ascendancy inside the ring was just something that couldn’t be overlooked. Not by The Fabulous Freebirds, not by The Powers of Pain, and not by Demolition. Every single tandem that was placed before these barbaric muggers was quickly and overwhelmingly taken down. And people want to know, why do the Road Warriors get so much love? Because they earned it, from humble beginnings to the peak of fame, both Hawk and Animal would sacrifice everything for this business if it was asked of them. And it should be ironic that the tag team that gets more love than any other throughout history… never showed love to their opponents. Though they could usually be seen with their fearless leader, Paul Ellering, ‘leader’ is a pretty loose term. Just because Ellering was their ‘leader’ doesn’t really mean that he ever ‘lead’ them in anything. These men were loose cannons. No fear, and no regrets. Live fast and die hard was their motto and every ounce of energy they had, they gave it to us! The wrestling fans! So once more, can I hear it for The Road Warriors!!â€

[The fans show their appreciation, as EC once again cues for the video highlight.]

[video=youtube;ih9YAKauGsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9YAKauGsU[/video]​

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Couldn't have been a better inductee. The Warriors are the best.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Very nice inductions there and I'm glad to have been a part of them.