• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Project 161 Discussion

here's my theory, I've seen this on another board and I'm adding some of my own Ideas.

Revenge is the key word that's being used here, so I think some old ROH guy is coming back to get his revenge. And that person is Alex Shelley. He'll probably get his release from TNA soon and we won't even know it. If ya'll remember, he was kicked out of Generation Next. Now every Generation Next member has a stable of their own and are leading them with other ROH talent.

Roderick Strong has his No Remorse Corps
Austin Aries has his Resilience
Jack Evans just formed the Vulture Squad

He'll be getting revenge on them, one stable at a time. And to join him, there's been mentions of the words "Black", and I think with him will be Tyler Black and Marek Brave. You could throw in Jimmy Jacobs if you want to.

That was what I think is up for 161.

here is why it isn't Shelley, this angle started about a month and half ago. your going to tell me that ROH is that confident about Shelley not resigning three months later? i doubt gabe would take that kind of risk...

Montana

Check out www.Project161.com

and tell me that doesnt remind you of RVD/Sabu/Heyman.

RVD, the guy holding the belt doin rvd's pose.

Sabu, the masked man sitting down. Ok so sabu doesnt have a mask, but whatever.

Heyman, the hardcore leader. One odd thing about the skeleton is the parrott on the shoulder, not sure whats that about.

Imagine these 3 in ROH, The return of the whole f'n show, The homicidal, Genicidal Sabu, along with Heyman. ROH could explode if they could pull this off.

Check out www.Project161.com

and tell me that doesnt remind you of RVD/Sabu/Heyman.

RVD, the guy holding the belt doin rvd's pose.

Sabu, the masked man sitting down. Ok so sabu doesnt have a mask, but whatever.

Heyman, the hardcore leader. One odd thing about the skeleton is the parrott on the shoulder, not sure whats that about.

Imagine these 3 in ROH, The return of the whole f'n show, The homicidal, Genicidal Sabu, along with Heyman. ROH could explode if they could pull this off.

I never even thought of that. You don't suppose...WOW! RVD, Sabu and Heyman in ROH would TOTALLY be awesome. And it wouldn't be like bringing washed up guys like TNA does that can't do anything anymore.

My mind is just racing thinking of all the great matches that could be a product of this...

Montana

I got a crazy idea....thats actually probably better than Jimmie Jacobs. Doesnt Paul Heymans wwe contract run out very soon? How great of a storyline be if Paul Heymans goes to ROH to seek redemption from Gabe who stole his idea. Gabe used Heymans ECW to build off of ECW. Heyman then starts a army called Project 161. Guys like Jimmie Jacobs, RVD, Sabu.

Probably a longshot, but how the letters are adjusted...it looks like AB Used.....AB as in Gabe. So not sure what the soicitey thing means.

I mentioned it a month ago or so, it was more of a pipe dream, who knows now.

that would be crazy if it was RVD, Sabu and Heyman, and having Gabe and Paul E. booking will be great. but I think that was just one of the Briscoes doing the pose.

I'm still wondering what'll happen at show 161 with them.

Travis40

When is show 161? Is it in a week, month, day? How long...thanks. I'm really thinking this has something to do with Alex Shelley or Paul Heyman

Montana

Its Sept 15th, their 3rd ppv taping.

ROH has really went all out with this angle, its almost like they have to deliver something big.

Travis40

Yeah....I hope this isn't some crappy storyline where people are disspointed...this is really getting me hooked into ROH and I can't wait to see what's going to happen at the PPV taping. Yeah...they've been going all out for sure...I think they need to update their youtube profile and add some more damn videos.

ion256

Hey, its my first post in the Indy section, in IDK how long :)

Anyways.......

Dude, you are smoking some serious crack. ROH has the best "wrestling" in the world bar none. I may not think its the best promotion b/c it doesnt really have storylines that you can grab a hold of easily, but they are by far the best "wrestling" product on the market today. I honestly have not seen one boring ROH match yet.....

its not just my opinion every person i know in my city who likes wrestling( about 100 or so) all think roh is dull and boring for the simple fact that there matches are way to damn long i dont mind a 30 minute match every once and a while but a whole damn show of them is just plain stupid i will be honest with you i have a few roh matches on dvd that ppl on fourms say are there best (including the 60 minute joe, puck match) and i use it to help me sleep at night 10 minutes into that match and im out like a light it never fails i let a few of my friends watch it when i learned they was wrestling fans just to see what they would say and they all said it was the most boring stuff they ever saw 1 even said he would rather watch flies mate then watch roh again

thats my opinion and im sticking to it

Montana

This is the wrong section for a rant. As far as the "boring long" matches go, i bet you everyone that was live didnt think they were boring. ROH puts the lives fans first, so if the fans are hot, the match will keep going. ROH also has only put on a couple 30+ minute matches this year. Shouldnt a main event be at least 20 minutes????

Montana

A few of the people that submitted their emails to project 161 got strange emails. "ski masks" "banddannas" and "cover your face" was what they said. It looks like they may be covered up on saturday.

Montana

The faction name is The Age of the Fall. They have some new pics, and basically say to go to ageofthefall.com Pictures of coackaroaches. Saying to wear black bandanas. Although ill probably throw a red one in my back pocket tomorrow night.

Im still clueless on who this might be. I'll have a review tomorrow night.

What was wrong with the faction name project 161? I dont really think they didnt to change it.

Soulpower

Project 161 was just that, the idea behind the stable. I love the name of stable to be honest. It just sounds dark and vicious and like a stable that will just dominate ROH.... Unless of course its made up of Pearce, Whitmer and Hagadorn >_>

The faction name is The Age of the Fall. They have some new pics, and basically say to go to ageofthefall.com Pictures of coackaroaches. Saying to wear black bandanas. Although ill probably throw a red one in my back pocket tomorrow night.

Im still clueless on who this might be. I'll have a review tomorrow night.

What was wrong with the faction name project 161? I dont really think they didnt to change it.

Nice. I guess the 161 name is only for the hype and "project" of it. Age of the Fall is a pretty interesting name, it gives some ideas to what they'll be doing storyline wise.