Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Steamboat promo: Nice little face promo to make the PPV seem like a huge event. Good way to start.

B-Boy and Homicide vs Ace Steel and Colt Cabana: A great way to start off your first ever PPV, with a lot of back and forth action. TBH with this result being Cabana and Steel winning, I think it means Joe will win the main event.

No Remorse Corps promo: Roderick Strong’s part seemed the best imo, as it seemed more heelish. Nice line from Rocky Romero, made me laugh lol.

Scorpio Sky vs Jay Lethal vs Matt Sydal: Simply awesome. This match was great, fast paced, and everyone got some great moves in. People were just jumping off the turnbuckles out of nowhere. The ending wasn’t a great counter or anything, but it didn’t need to be as the match built up to it perfectly. Happy to see you put Matt Sydal over as well, he is one of the best high flyers in the world.

Larry Sweeney promo: I haven’t seen too much of Sweeney, but from what I have, this was in character. I don’t like Scorpio’s chances, as I don’t see Scoot Lost and Joey Ryan winning.

Burchill vs MVP: An MMA style matchup between the two, which was interesting. The finish was crappy tbh, and very weak considering the type of match it was.

Age of Fall promo: Nice, Jacobs bit was awesome. Black’s was more like a life story, where as Jacobs was more explaining the wrongs, being a non-conformist :laugh:

Age of Fall vs Team PRIDE: This was absolutely crazy, and an awesome hardcore brawl. 25 feel through a flaming table? A steel spike straight into someone’s head? Having a ladder on top of you and being jumped on? This match had some crazy shit. Nice rip-off of the Whitmer/Jacobs Powerbomb into the crowd spot lol. Can’t help but think I’ve seen that before. Jacobs drinking Foley’s blood was a nice touch, showing what the Age of Fall is all about in terms of what they will do. Always thought they would go over, but the match was great.

Punk promo: Really intense, showing Punk’s absolute desire, while showcasing what him and Joe have done in the past. This was great in terms of showing how hungry Punk is for the title.

Tag Team Gauntlet: You had me sure that the MCMG were going to win, but Claudio and Hero swooped in with the win. I liked how the bits were only two paragraphs each, as it broke it up nicely. Sweeney promo in the middle was good, surprised he didn’t go after new talent and fire the old tbh. This match could result in a MCMG/KOW feud, or maybe even one with Londrick, since they lasted well.

Samoa Joe promo: Very good promo, very similar to Punk’s in detailing their ROH history. Also played on the fact that they went their separate ways which was good. Great continued hype for the main event.

Ladder War: The finish was an average one, but everything building up to it was one awesome spot first. Jack Evans 450 splash while Steen (I think it was) was in a tree of woe was on the ladder was crazy. You had a lot of the average ladder spots too, like the airplane spin, and a sandwich in the corner. I’m surprised Aries won, as he didn’t feature much in the match, but he should make a great champion.

Jacobs promo: once again good, and the theme throughout the show shows you have big plans for the Ago of Fall. I look forward to seeing Jacobs’ master plan.

Samoa Joe vs CM Punk: This matchup built up very slowly, and was a great matchup. Both men kicked out of their opposing finishers, and the great finish with Joe countering the Pepsi Plunge, then getting the Muscle Buster was a fitting end to a battle full of counters. I must say, Masters’ commentary throughout was hilarious as well. A great end to your first PPV. And match of the month from anyone IMO.

AC: This was a great first PPV. If you can keep this thread as active as possible, you could be the number one booker here imo. Just try to keep it going, and I’ll keep reading.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match:
AOTF vs. Team PRIDE - this is one sadistic match with one brutal ending lol... I wonder if the AOTF will continue their feud with the commissioners or will they start searching for title opportunities

CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe - Another 5 star match for this two. A nice back and forth wrestling at first that added some respect between the two. I thought CM Punk will win but it's a big win for the Samoan Submission Machine.

Worst Match: n/a

Best Promo: CM Punk's promo made me think that he will win the title. Trying to tell some of the past between him and Joe.

Worst Promo: n/a

Additional Feedbacks: This show is definitely a PPV of the Month Award Candidate to me. The show is worth in waiting and there are lots of matches here that I liked but my most faved are the two I mentioned above. I am looking forward to your next show and see who will be Joe's first contender for the title and I'll also see what will happen next to your storylines.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Preview for 7/5/08

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
July 5, 2008
The Preview

-On this week’s edition of Pro Wrestling PRIDE, the wrestlers are going through the aftermath of the big MTV Debut, Uprising. Champions were crowned and rivalries were settled. This week, the PRIDE Roster is in the transition mode, ready for what’s to come.

-At Uprising, Samoa Joe was crowned the first ever PRIDE Champion after a grueling, and amazing, match with CM Punk. This week, Samoa Joe will make his first address as champion. He will be getting a break from the in ring action. CM Punk also was given the night off, so this could be a sign for his own time. Let’s be serious here, when do these segments ever go off as planned? Samoa Joe will be given his opponent for the next MTV Special, and Ricky Steamboat is still contemplating on who it could be. Who will step up to face the Samoan Submission Machine?

-Also at Uprising, the first International Champion was crowned after a brutal match, and that was Austin Aries. This week, Aries will get the opportunity to make his first defense, against Ken Dykstra, who lasted long in the ladder match after taking severe punishment. Also this week, the number one contender for the title will be named, and they will face either Aries or Dykstra on the next MTV Special. The match will be a 4 Corner Survival featuring the 4 other ladder match competitors, Jack Evans, Jimmy Rave, Kevin Steen and Roderick Strong. Which man will have the guts to face the International Champion?

-Uprising showed a very brutal match in Team PRIDE vs the Age of the fall. The AOTF was victorious and earned the chance to stay in PRIDE, with the opposing team leaving. After the match, Jimmy Jacobs talked of a new plan. Will the Revolution’s leader reveal the plan this week?

-In a very fast paced matchup, Matt Sydal was able to come away with the Lightweight Title. This week, he battles Jay Lethal in a non title matchup. Jay Lethal will get the opportunity at the title if he defeats Sydal at the next MTV Special, which should be an exciting match up. Will the former Special K member be ready to dance with pretty boy Sydal?

-The tag team titles were won by Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli. This week, Claudio and Hero, along with Prince Nana, will make an open challenge to any tag team to face them the following week. Will the Kings Reign Supreme, or will a rival team be able to dethrone them?

Confirmed Matches…

International Title
Austin Aries vs Ken Dykstra

International Title Contendership Match
Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong

PRIDE Lightweight Contendership Match
Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

*Card Subject to Change*

The following is the Monthly Large Event Schedule

January – New Frontiers
February – Living On a Prayer
March –A New Dawn
April – Breaking Free
May– Crisis
June – Don’t Stop Believing
July – Exodus
August – Fearless
September – The Great Escape
October – Higher Ground
November – Infinite Glory
December – Thriller

These can be changed by popular vote.

Obviously this won't be posted today, but hopefully tomorrow. I'll change the PPV names if there's a good or funny one that someone comes up with.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

Nice preview man. I'm not sure who will step up to challenge Joe this week. I see a lot of contenders being decided this week though, with Lethal winning, Joe getting a chaalenger, as well as the KOW.

Reaction score
International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

Never ever read your show before preview seems interesting enough though so i will be sure to read the next one.

McLovin

Reaction score
alexmoss12's Predictions for Pro Wrestling PRIDE July 5, 2008
(Winners Underlined)

International Title: Austin Aries vs Ken Dykstra - Two wrestlers that have been underused in the Big Company they have been in, TNA and WWE respectively. I'm looking forward to this match and seeing how well you can do at putting together a really good match.

International Title Contendership Match: Jack Evans vs Jimmy Rave vs Kevin Steen vs Roderick Strong - I haven't seen next to no matches of these four wrestlers, except for Jimmy Rave from his TNA run, this is going to be interesting, because I see the Winner of this actually winning against the Champion.

PRIDE Lightweight Contendership Match: Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal - I tip Lethal to over in this match, because well 1 He is my favourite wrestler and 2 I think he is better than Matt Sydal. Out of all the matches, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most, and the outcome and events after this encounter take place.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

Sounds like a good line up.

Qwake

International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

the matches look great, full of my favourite superstars :) I will definatly be checking this out!!!

xtremebadass

International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

looking forward to it

rydog10

Reaction score
International Title

Matt Sydal vs Jay Lethal

Card looks strong. I'm looking forward to it. Check out wwe 2008 drastic measures when you have the chance.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - 7/5/08

PRIDE3.png

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
July 5, 2008
Montgomery County Fairgrounds
Dayton, Ohio

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE logo flashes across the screen as the first Chords of Jane’s Addiction’s Stop plays. A highlight video plays along to the song.

HERE WE GO!
Go! Nowhere!
No One… Gonna Stop Us Now!

Save the complaints,
For a party conversation.
The world is loaded,
It's lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop...

No one...
No one!
No way!
Gonna stop,
Now; go!

Farm people,
Book wavers, soul savers
Love preachers!
Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop.

No one...

One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
One come a day, the water will run,
No man will stand for things that he had done...
Hurrah!
And the water will run...
Will run!
Will run!

Gimmie that!
Gimmie that - your automobile,
Turn off that smokestack
And that goddamn radio
Hum... along with me...
Hum along with the T.V.

No one's
Gonna
Stop!

The Haunted plays, and Tyler Black, Jimmy Jacobs, and Harry Smith walk through the curtain, with their gear on. They receive boos from the fans in attendance, and the three yell back at the fans. The three slide into the ring, with Jimmy Jacobs grasping a microphone.

AOTF.jpg

Jacobs – The time to move is now, and the time to seize the power begins right now. At Uprising, all of you fans saw what we are capable of. We showed the world what happens when you try to stop us. You see, we can not be stopped until we reach our goal; changing every single person’s way of thinking. And that just doesn’t include wrestling. Our revolution encompasses every person that has been affected by the disease spread by the mainstream. We’re trying to save anyone that’s been poisoned by MTV. We are trying to stop the madness of seeing people whore themselves out for happiness, or better yet, money. We are tired of seeing people become slaves, seeing them become the subject of the flavor of the week. I do not want to see or hear people following that way of life. This is what we, the Age of the Fall, are fighting.

Tyler Black now takes the microphone.

Black – At Uprising, you saw your former Commissioner Mick Foley get fired at our hands. He deserved it, he was only in PRIDE just to whore himself out again. He was so washed up and so forgotten, no one really cared when we stapled our insignia on his head. And the other three, we disposed of them too. Like Jimmy said, our revolution is going to continue, and their really is nothing that can stop us. The AOTF is here to save the world, not like any other group in wrestling. It’s either you join us in spreading our revolution, or get left behind.

Jimmy Jacobs is handed back the microphone.

Jacobs –
For the past week, I’ve been doing some thinking. I’ve noticed a trend in every single promotion that I’ve been in. Every single champion has the power. They have the power to do anything they damn well please. They can get their own matches and decide when they want to wrestle. They are the first ones looked upon by the media for an example. The champions are viewed as the heroes or the villains of every ring they’re in. They get the first priority in every single matter, and everyone else is left in the dust. My master plan is set up for the Age of the Fall to gain that power to spread our revolution. We need that power to take what is ours, and change the world. Our plan is to take all the belts in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. All of you help us, petition on the internet, and let it be known you want to see the Age of the Fall hold every title in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. This is the only way our Revolution can continue, and this is the next step in saving this abused society.

Sirius plays, and Ricky Steamboat walks onto the stage to a big reaction. He has a smile on his face, holding a microphone. He begins to speak to the 3 members.

Ricky_Steamboat9.jpg

Steamboat – Do you three really think that you can get a title shot by just asking for one? There’s over 30 other guys looking for the same thing you are, and you really haven’t done anything to prove you’re championship material.

Smith – I don’t care what you say old man. We need those titles, and we already proved that we can do more than enough to win a tag titles. You’ll just be left in the dust when we gain those titles.

Steamboat –
I might be an old man, but I do know more about wrestling than you’ll ever learn. Back in my day, title shots were earned. Tonight, you’re going to have to do the same. If you win this next match, you get your shots at all the titles. If the other team wins, they get a PRIDE Title and a tag title shot.

Jacobs – Come on, tell us who we’re going against. The revolution is waiting, Steamboat.

Steamboat –
Right now, you’re going to take on Paul Burchill, Cody Rhodes and Lance Hoyt, the Untamed!

Jacobs –
That’s all you’ve got? I’ll take it. Don’t be surprised if you see the AOTF winning all the belts tonight too, you washed up old man.

Steamboat –
If you want to go that route, then fine. But if you lose, you’ll be suspended for a month.

Steamboat walks to the back. In the ring, the AOTF have big smiles on their faces, and start to gameplan.

Immigrant Song plays, and the Untamed walk to the ring. Cody Rhodes, Paul Burchill, and Lance Hoyt slap hands with the fans, and look ready for a fight.

AOTFvsUntamed.jpg

Trios Match

Winners Get Title Shots

Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Harry Smith vs Paul Burchill, Cody Rhodes & Lance Hoyt

*Bell Rings*

Paul Burchill and Cody Rhodes start the match off. The two lock up in the center of the ring. The more muscular Paul Burchill gets the quick advantage with a waistlock takedown to Black. He then starts pounding away at the AOTF member with hard forearm strikes to the face. Burchill backs off of Black and allows him to get to his feet. Once Tyler is standing, Burchill locks him in a headlock. Tyler quickly pushes Burchill to the ropes. Tyler ducks under a clothesline from Burchill, and locks the big man up in a wristlock. Paul rolls through to escape the pain, and now has Tyler in the wristlock. Tyler uses a cartwheel to escape, and pulls Burchill’s arm down violently, causing the big man to grimace in pain. Tyler repeats that action 2 more times, and pulls him to his corner. Tyler tags Jimmy Jacobs into the match. Jacobs comes in off the top rope with a flying axe handle to Burchill’s arm, further exploiting Tyler’s early work. Jimmy stops the work on the arm, and just starts to unload on the bigger and stronger Burchill. Jacobs takes him down with a brutal series of punches and kicks.

The angry Jacobs now has Burchill grounded, and begins to stomp away. Jacobs knocks the wind out of him with a double stomp to the chest, and now waits for him to get up. Burchill is on his knees now, and Jacobs comes running at him. Burchill rolled out of harm’s way, Jimmy Jacobs’ dropkick. Jacobs is quickly back to his feet though, but Burchill takes him over unexpectedly with a big German Suplex. Jacobs lands near the corner of the Untamed, which allows Burchill to make the tag in to the bigger Lance Hoyt. Hoyt runs in the ring with a big boot to the much smaller Jacobs. Hoyt runs the ropes again and drops his knee on the Revolution leader. Hoyt makes the quick cover. 1…2… Jacobs got his shoulder up, and is currently being ushered to his feet by Hoyt. Big Lance easily lifts Jimmy off of his feet in a suplex lift. Jacobs fights out of it though, and lands back on his feet. Jacobs blasts Hoyt in the back with a big dropkick that sent Hoyt running across the ropes. Jacobs trips the big man on his face, and runs against the ropes. Jacobs had a running start to drop both his knees on the back of Hoyt’s head.

Jacobs makes the cover. 1…2… Hoyt pushes Jacobs off of him, thus breaking the cover. Jacobs makes the tag to Harry Smith. Smith comes in and exchanges forearm strikes with Lance Hoyt. Hoyt kicks Smith in the midsection and runs against the ropes. Somehow, Smith catches him, and takes him down with a big front powerslam. Smith turns Hoyt over and locks him in a Camel Clutch. Harry calls for his teammates to come into the ring, and they do so. Black and Jacobs get into the ring and run against the ropes. The two dropkick Hoyt simultaneously in the face. Smith now takes Hoyt and throws him overhead with a big arm trap German Suplex. Smith bridges this into a cover. 1…2… Hoyt got his shoulder up. Smith rolls back up to his feet, and sprints toward Hoyt’s corner. He knocks Burchill off the apron, but is punched surprisingly by Cody Rhodes. Rhodes grabs Smith, setting Hoyt up to strike him. Hoyt runs at the corner, and kicks Smith with a running dropkick. Smith is stick in the corner as Hoyt makes the tag in to Cody Rhodes. Rhodes and Hoyt bring some strikes to Smith’s face, and follow up by throwing him out of the corner with a double hip toss.

Rhodes drops an elbow on Smith’s chest, followed up with a cover. 1…2… Smith kicks out easily, and Rhodes stands back up on his feet, waiting for the big man to do the same. Rhodes jabs at Smith, with the crowd counting along. After 4 short right hand jabs, Cody tries a clothesline. Smith ducks under the attempt, and grabs Rhodes by the waist. Rhodes fights out of the German Suplex attempt, and grabs Smith in for a suplex. Smith fights out of this attempt too, and he reverses it into his own snap suplex. Smith tags in Jimmy Jacobs, but Smith remains in the ring, putting Rhodes on his shoulders. Jacobs springboards off of the ropes, going for a doomsday rana. Rhodes rolls backwards, spiking Smith on his head for an inverted headscissors. Jacobs lands on Smith awkwardly. Smith rolls out of the ring as Rhodes makes the cover on Jacobs. 1…2… Jacobs got a shoulder up. Rhodes and Jacobs get back to their feet at the same time, and Jacobs goes wild before Rhodes was standing on two feet. Jimmy jumps up and spins Rhodes around in an inverted headscissors. Rhodes is thrown to his own corner. Jimmy comes running straight at him, but is tripped into the middle turnbuckle. Cody makes the tag in to Paul Burchill.

Burchill, Rhodes and Lance Hoyt are now in the ring, and they look to triple team Jacobs. They run at the corner, and brutalize Jacobs with a triple dropkick. They now grab the smaller Jacobs out of his slumped position in the corner, and take him down with a double suplex followed by a standing moonsault from Paul Burchill. His two partners leave the ring as he makes the cover. 1…2… Tyler Black makes the save, breaking the cover attempt up. Tyler starts to exchange punches with Burchill, giving time for Jacobs to recover. Black blasts Paul with a roaring forearm followed by a step up enziguiri. Jacobs is now back on his feet, and whips Burchill to a corner. Jacobs walks to the corner and starts punching away at Burchill, and poking him in the eye as well. The ref doesn’t see this, and Jacobs continues his attack. Jimmy now pulls Burchill out of the corner, and attempts the Contra Code. Paul blocks this, pushing Jacobs into the turnbuckles. Jacobs turns around just before Burchill grabbed him for a suplex. Jacobs uses the ropes to jump up and kick Burchill in the face. Jacobs quickly jumps up to the middle rope, and takes Burchill down with a big hurracanrana.

Jacobs rolls to his corner and makes the hot tag to Tyler Black. Black comes in with a head of steam, thrust kicking the seated Burchill. Cody Rhodes and Lance Hoyt come into the ring looking to even the odds, but they are met with a huge double dropkick from Black. They stagger backwards, but are not off of their feet just yet. Black uses a springboard to nail a big springboard moonsault on both of his opponents. Rhodes and Hoyt roll out of the ring. Black is on fire, and brings the kneeling Burchill up to his feet. Black spits right into the face of Burchill, and maneuvers behind him to attempt the Paroxysm. Burchill fights out of this, and reverses it into a huge Northern Lights suplex. Burchill bridges it over into a big sidewalk slam, followed into a cover. 1…2… Black got his shoulder up. Burchill makes the tag to Cody Rhodes. The two try a double team back suplex on Black, but Black flipped out of it onto his feet to escape. Black spins the surprised Rhodes around and takes him down with an inverted STO. Black steps over Rhodes and makes the tag to powerhouse Harry Smith.

Smith comes into the ring, hitting Rhodes with a running forearm. Smith slaps Rhodes in the face, and now attempts a Brainbuster. Rhodes pushes Smith away, and tries to hit his DDT. Smith counters this one quickly into a Northern Lights suplex. Smith yells, and stomps on Rhodes’ face disrespectfully while he’s down. He calls for Tyler Black to come into the ring. The two bring Rhodes to his feet and nail a clothesline and dropkick combo. Smith makes the cover with Black’s help. 1…2… Big Lance Hoyt broke up the cover, and picks Harry Smith up. Smith is thrown over with a gutwrench suplex throw. Hoyt and Black are forced out of the ring. Smith is stuck in the corner, and Rhodes tries to nail a stinger splash. Smith got his elbow up to hit Rhodes in the upper chest. Rhodes looks out of it now, and Harry Smith lifts Rhodes up on his shoulders in an electric chair position. He steps over to his corner, and his partners Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black are about to springboard. They both jump off the ropes at the same time, flying to nail Cody Rhodes. As that is happening, Cody Rhodes rolls forward into a victory roll pin attempt. Jacobs and Black collide after hitting nothing but air. The ref starts to count.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here are your winners, Cody Rhodes, Lance Hoyt and Paul Burchill, the Untamed!

The Untamed go outside the ring to celebrate their victory. They leave the ring, to a large ovation from the crowd. Jimmy Jacobs, looking very angry, grabs a microphone.

Jimmy_Jacobs14.jpg

Jacobs – What the hell is this? You people don’t understand what we’re trying to do! We’re trying to save the world of this broken society, and you’re trying to kill this revolution. We are only doing this for your benefit, and you people have the audacity to boo us and throw garbage at us. And your so called hero, your commissioner is nothing but a fake, he treats us differently, if this was anyone else they would be just fine right now. He can go fu----

Jacobs is pulled back by security guards, who also have his partners Tyler Black and Harry Smith held. Jacobs struggles to stay standing and lets in one last angry outburst before he’s taken away.

Jacobs – But when we come back, everyone be prepared, because you’re going to see a side of us that you’ve never seen before.

Jacobs, Black and Smith are pulled away by security, and taken out through the crowd. The crowd chants “Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey, Hey, Hey, Goodbye!”

Simon – What a surprising turn of events that has just unfolded right here tonight. The AOTF will be gone from PRIDE for a month after losing that big match.
Malenko – I guess what goes around comes around, they were the ones who got Team PRIDE fired.
Masters – I guess Hot Topic will be a little busier now with them gone.

Simon – While we recover from this mess, Lena Yada is backstage with Roderick Strong.

Lena_Yada5.jpg

Lena - Thanks Guys. I’m here now with No Remorse Corps leader Roderick Strong. Roddy, at Uprising, you were in one brutal ladder match. What was it like competing in a match like that?

Roderick_Strong7.jpg

Strong – Lena, I have to say that you’re the ugliest interviewer I’ve ever seen, just to get that out of the way. But to answer your question, the ladder match was tough. Having someone like Jack Evans, always being the center of attention with all the flips he does was kind of distracting. Jack losing just shows that his style of wrestling can’t get the job done. And then there was Kevin Steen. Mr. Tons of Fun was so big; I thought there was like an eclipse whenever he would climb the ladder. I have to say it was tough with all the flips and fat in the match. I wasn’t that banged up though, I still could’ve gone way longer if there was a pin involved.

Lena – OK. Tonight you’re in a Four Corner Survival to be the Number One Contender for the International Title. Your thoughts on that match?

Strong – It’s simple. I’m going to win. I’m going to pin whoever is in the ring and become the number one contender. It’s as simple as that, get the pin and get the title shot. There really is no other way to explain it, no matter who’s in the match.

Lena – Do you have any words for Champion Austin Aries?

Strong – All I can say right now is Austin had better watch his back. He knows that I could beat him on any day I want, and I when I get this title shot tonight, his days as champ are numbered. He could go out and play to the crowd and do his fruity little elbow drop, but that won’t change a thing. I’ll show No Remorse, and I’ll be the new International Champ.

Lena – Thanks Roderick and now back to the PRIDE Action.

D’Angelis – The following contest is for the number one contendership of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Lightweight Championship! If the challenger wins, he will face the champion at the next Large Event!

Clavicle plays, and Matt Sydal stands on the entrance stage, posing with the belt held high. He walks to the ring, getting cheered by the fans.

D’Angelis – From St. Louis, Missouri, weighing in at 175 pounds, he is the PRIDE Lightweight Champion, Matt Sydal!

Push It blasts through the speakers and Jay Lethal gets a huge reaction from the crowd. He jogs to the ring, slapping hands with the fans.

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Elizabeth, New Jersey, weighing in at 192 pounds, Jay Lethal!

LethalvsSydal.jpg

Singles Match

Number One Contendership

PRIDE Lightweight Title
Matt Sydal © vs Jay Lethal

*Bell Rings*

Sydal and Lethal lock up in the center of the ring after shaking hands. Lethal gains control first, by putting Sydal in a wristlock. Sydal cartwheels out of this, and now has control. He sweeps Lethal off of his legs and goes for a quick cover. 1… Lethal pushed out quickly, and the two are on their feet. The two run at each other and collide, both going for shoulder blocks. They kip up at the same time, and both run against the ropes. Lethal brings Sydal with an arm drag. Both got back up to their feet quickly and Sydal now brings Lethal over with an arm drag. Both get up again, and this time, Lethal sweeps Sydal’s legs away and makes the cover. But before Lethal could cover, Sydal rolled out of the way, and he now attempts a pin. 1… Lethal rolled out of the pin, and sprints to the ropes. Sydal tries a hip toss, but Lethal blocks it, locking his opponent in a wristlock. Sydal is slowed down, and he tries to counter his way out of it. He performs a beautiful backflip to get a neutral position and he now runs to the ropes with Lethal held. Sydal jumps up and uses a split leg top rope springboard to throw Lethal over with a modified wrist lock takeover.

Sydal stands up and yells for Lethal to get up. Sydal runs at Lethal, trying a big jumping leg lariat. Lethal ducks under it, and he runs to the ropes. Lethal does a cartwheel springboard into a big crossbody to Sydal. Jay backs up, and stands in the corner, waiting for Matt to get back up again. Lethal runs at the champ, and nails a big high flying leg lariat to knock Sydal down. Lethal now goes to the apron and attempts a slingshot flying elbow drop. Sydal moves out of the way. Luckily, Lethal rolled through the move to avoid the impact of the mat. Sydal takes the stunned Lethal down with a big spin kick to the chest and throat. Lethal staggers backwards, leaning against the ropes. Sydal charges at him, but Lethal takes Sydal over and onto the apron. Lethal tries to knock Sydal off of the apron, but Sydal blocks the attempt at a big right hand. Sydal retaliates with forearm strikes that leave Lethal dazed for a couple of seconds. Sydal jumps over Lethal and brings him down on his back with a sunset flip. Lethal rolls backwards to escape the pin, and attempts a dropkick to the seated Sydal’s face. Sydal dodges it and pins Lethal. 1…2… Lethal got a shoulder up.

Lethal rolls back and goes to dropkick Sydal again. This time Sydal falls victim to the quick kick from Lethal, but Sydal rolls to his feet too. Lethal and Sydal run to the ropes, and they criss cross each other. The two jump up in the air at the same time, kicking each other’s feet in the process. The two hold their feet in pain, but get back up to their feet simultaneously. Lethal runs and connects with a European Uppercut to Sydal. Lethal whips Matt against the ropes. Sydal ducks under a back elbow attempt, and he springboards against the middle rope. Sydal nailed a nice springboard hurracanrana to Lethal. Jay Lethal is now leaning against a corner turnbuckle, and Sydal charges at him. He connects with a corner clothesline, with Matt jumping through the top and middle ropes. Sydal pushes Lethal out of the corner, making him fall limp to the mat. Sydal jumps up to the top rope, and tries a corkscrew moonsault. Lethal rolls out of the way, and gets back up to his feet. Lethal grabs the kneeling Sydal by the waist, and throws him overhead with a perfect German Suplex.

Lethal climbs up to the top rope, and jumps off very quickly. He goes flying the air, attempting a diving headbutt, and he connects with it. He makes the cover on Sydal. 1…2… Sydal kicks out, and Lethal brings him up to his feet. Lethal throws Sydal to a corner, and Matt hits the buckles hard. Lethal cartwheels towards the corner, and connects with a back elbow to his opponent. Lethal now grabs Sydal out of the corner, and tries a snap suplex back to the middle of the ring. Sydal blocks the attempt, and he uses the ropes to propel himself to get control of Jay Lethal. He springs back to the middle of the ring, and takes Lethal down hard with a rope aided Tornado DDT. Sydal stands up, and climbs up to the top rope. Lethal slowly starts to recuperate and get to his feet, and Sydal leaps towards him. Sydal turns him around in a satellite headscissors, and he keeps on spinning around Lethal. Sydal locks in an octopus stretch on his opponent. Lethal is yelling in pain, and tries to power Sydal off of him. Lethal slowly walks over to the ropes, and tries to dump Sydal off of his shoulders and out of the ring. Lethal does so, and Sydal falls off of Lethal, breaking the submission. Matt lands on the ring floor.

Sydal is just starting to get back to his feet, and Lethal looks like he’s about to go for a dive. He runs against the ropes, and dives out feet first and holds the ropes, an apparent fake as Sydal looked like he was going to move. Sydal grabs the hanging legs of Lethal, and throws him to the floor. Sydal throws Lethal against the guardrail, taking Jay off of his focus. Matt jumps up quickly to the apron, and springboards off the top rope. Sydal takes Lethal off of his feet with a beautiful Asai corkscrew twisting moonsault! The crowd is on their feet, and both men are in pain on the floor. Sydal is the first to get up, but he holds his ribs. Sydal tries to pick Lethal up, but Jay fights back with body strikes. Jay is back up to a full vertical base, and he whips Sydal against the ring apron, his back hitting the edge first. Lethal lifts Sydal up and rolls him into the ring, leaving his head exposed on the apron. Lethal backs up and comes back charging at Lethal. He takes a page out of the Naomichi Marufuji playbook and nails a dropkick to Matt’s exposed head. Lethal is back up now and slingshots into the ring. He lands on Sydal with a slingshot elbow drop.

Lethal makes the cover after the high impact move. 1…2… Sydal got a shoulder up, and Lethal looks a little disappointed. Lethal takes Sydal back up to his feet, and attempts a belly to belly suplex. Sydal pushes Lethal away, and runs right at him. Lethal ducks under a spinning wheel kick try, and Lethal now charges at his opponent. He runs right into a dropsault from Sydal, and Lethal falls back, but is not off of his feet yet. Sydal takes him down with a snapmare and runs against the ropes. Sydal dizzies Lethal with a gorgeous dropkick to the back of the head. Sydal attempts his cannonball standing moonsault, but Lethal got both knees up as a defense. Lethal now goes to the apron, and waits for his opponent to get back up. Lethal jumps up and springboards, but Sydal moved out of the way of Jay’s attempted attack. Sydal makes the cover, looking for a quick break. 1…2… Lethal got a shoulder up to save himself. Lethal rises back to his feet, and Sydal attempts a dragon whip. Lethal ducks under it, but Sydal lands on his feet. Lethal grabs the recovering Sydal in with an STO Backbreaker followed by an inverted Novocain-Style STO, the Lethal Combination.

Scorpio Sky and Larry Sweeney now walk in from the crowd, and make their way to the ringside area. They take their place a few steps away from the apron.

Lethal goes for the cover. 1…2… Matt kicked out, at the very last moment. Lethal backs off, and waits for the Lightweight Champion to get back up. Sydal finally does, and Lethal comes in to hit his dragon suplex. Lethal grabs him and throws him over, but amazingly, Sydal lands on his feet. Lethal looks shocked, and he gets hit with a big 540 kick from Sydal. Lethal looks knocked out, and Sydal grabs him in. Sydal nails the Slice Drop, bringing Lethal down on his back. Sydal signals to the crowd and now nails his cannonball standing moonsault onto Lethal. Sydal now climbs to the top rope. He yells for his Shooting Star Press, and he jumps off. Lethal rolls out of the way, and he saves himself. Lethal pulls Sydal back up, and holds him for the Dragon Suplex. Sydal fights out of it, and has Lethal facing the other side of the ring. Scorpio Sky and Larry Sweeney yell some words at Lethal, which distract him and prevent him from turning around. Sydal grabs Lethal, and he yells for the Here It Is Driver. He nails the Here It is Driver! Sydal now walks over to the apron. Matt uses a springboard to jump up high, and nails a springboard Shooting Star Press! He makes the cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, and Still Pro Wrestling PRIDE Lightweight Champion, Matt Sydal!

Malenko – Big win by Matt Sydal here tonight, but that leaves an opportunity open for his Title.
Simon – But here comes Scorpio Sky, he obviously will have something to say right now.

Scorpio Sky now runs into the ring, with Larry Sweeney right next to him. He’s wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a fresh hat. He takes Jay Lethal and throws him out of the ring, after connecting with a lifting facebuster. Sydal now tries to fight Sky off, but Larry Sweeney comes and hits him from behind, with the Lightweight Championship Belt. Scorpio now grabs the champ, and hits the Final Answer! Larry Sweeney now has a microphone and hands it to his client, Scorpio Sky.

Scorpio_Sky.jpg

Scorpio –
That’s it, I’m officially the greatest of all time. I am the man you all came to see, because I fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Matt Sydal, if you can hear me right now, and I’m sure you can, because these speakers are way too loud, I have a message for you. I wasn’t trying to help you when I distracted Jay Lethal to help you get the win, I was helping myself. You know that I should be holding that belt right now, I mean come on, look at my abs. Just because you won, doesn’t mean you don’t have yourself a contender for the next big show. You’ll have yourself against me, because you know that you’re dying to get into the ring with me. And I’m dying to take that belt away and put it around this sexy waist.

Larry_Sweeney.jpg

Sweeney – This is also a message to every single champion out there. The same can happen to any of you. But next week, we already have a match signed to make my boy Scorpio Sky the next contender for little Matt’s championship belt. I demanded it, and I got it. That just goes to show how much political power Mr. Sweet and Sour has here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. Next week, it’ll only be the beginning, because my Dynasty is gunning straight for the top. Matt Sydal, you’ll be the first. And when we’re done with you, we’ll be rolling in cold hard cash, I guarantee it. And when we take the other titles, we’ll take this company to a whole different level of popularity and more importantly marketability. And I’ll be on top that day, which is coming very, very soon. Hahahaha!

More, More, More plays as Larry Sweeney and Scorpio Sky exit the ring with big smiles on their faces.

----------INTERMISSION----------

We are the Champions plays, and Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli walk to the ring, holding their Title Belts high in the air. Prince Nana follows closely behind them, and they are dressed in street clothes, with Claudio wearing a fresh suit. Nana grabs two microphones from ringside and begins to speak.

Prince_Nana.jpg

Nana – You see what I told you? I told you that the Embassy would be coming away with some gold at Up-ah-rising. The crown jewels Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli won the tag team titles, and you fat boys can’t do anything about it. You already saw that these two men can out last, and out wrestle everyone in that little tag team tournament. But I bet you people now are going to wonder what is next for the greatest team in all the land. Well, they plan on taking on any tag team, and making them go home and cry after making them lose. Now listen to the words of Chris Hero, one half of the greatest tag team, the Kings of Wrestling.

Chris_Hero14.jpg

Hero – OK, so when I was looking through the roster and the tag teams, I thought that there was no one that could even touch us in the ring, so my buddy Claudio and I did a little scheming. We came up with an 8 team tag team tournament, to find out who could be the best opponents for us. Even though we’ll still beat the winning team, it’ll be entertaining, right? And I really could care less about what the big bad Commissioner Ricky Steamboat says, our tournament is happening. And just for the fun of it, the finals will be at the MTV Show, and they’ll have to wrestle twice.

Claudio takes Hero’s microphone and the fans yell “Hey!” at him. He looks angry and starts to speak with his Swiss accent.

C_Castagnoli11.jpg

Claudio – Shut Up! I am sick and tired of being called the Hey Guy, I am a wrestler, and I am a King. I can beat anyone backstage in the locker room, I will bet you that. We will be calling that tournament the Cash & Money invitational Tournament, because that is what living the life of a champion is like. It doesn’t matter who are opponent is, it’s just going to matter who is in it. The matches will start next week, and we’ll be there watching every single one of them.

Nana –
You people have to be ready, because when the Kings of Wrestling are in action, it is a sight to see. It is exactly what a Prince wants in his wrestling. All you fat boys can write it up on your little internet, the Kings will reign Supreme right here at Pro Wrestling PRIDE!

The 3 men walk out and to the back, with smiles on their faces. They taunt members in the crowd as they walk to the back.

D’Angelis – The following match is a Four Corner Survival Match scheduled for one fall! It is under a 40 minute time limit, and the winner will become the Number One Contender to the Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Championship!

The Fighter plays and the crowd is on their feet. Roderick Strong receives boos as he walks to the ring. He has a cocky gaze.

D’Angelis – First, from Tampa, Florida, weighing in at 218 pounds, Roderick Strong!

Tear Away plays to a big ovation from the Manhattan crowd. Kevin Steen walks through the curtain, talking to the camera as he walks to the ring about he will win the match.

D’Angelis – Next, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada, weighing 244 pounds, Kevin Steen!

The House of the Rising Sun plays through the speakers. Jimmy Rave walks to the ring, while getting pelted with toilet paper.

D’Angelis – Next, from Ghana, West Africa, by way of Atlanta, Georgia, weighing 210 pounds, Jimmy Rave!

Born to Win blasts through the speakers, and the fans get on their feet. Jack Evans walks through the curtain with Julius Smokes, and he walks to the ring while performing cartwheels.

D’Angelis – Finally, from Parkland, Washington, weighing 172 pounds, Jack Evans!

FourWay.jpg

Four Corner Survival
Number One Contendership
International Title

*Bell Rings*

The first two men to start the match are Roderick Strong and Kevin Steen. The two get in a lock up. Both fight to a knee, and separate. They attempt to lock up again, and Roddy quickly gets a waistlock on Steen. He takes Kevin down with a waistlock takeover, and Roderick locks in an early ground headlock. Steen fights out of it very quickly, getting over Strong with a grounded wristlock. Strong tries to break out of it, but he can’t so he gets up on one knee. Steen still has the left arm held, but Strong is quickly getting up. Roderick is now back to a full standing base, and he rolls out of the wristlock. Kevin Steen releases Strong and he runs against the ropes. Steen and Strong bump into each other in the center of the ring, as Steen was going for a shoulder block. Strong backs up and throws a loud and wicked chop at Steen. The Canadian comes back with his own chop, but Strong just takes the hard strike. Strong comes back with 3 more rapid chops, but Steen yells a loud battle cry, asking for more. He comes back with his own chop attempt, but Roderick ducks it. Strong goes to a corner and tags Jimmy Rave into the match.

Rave runs into the ring, and immediately brings the punches to Steen. Rave tries to scoop the big man up, but he fails. Kevin Steen kicks him in the gut and follows with a big spinning wheel kick. Rave is sent to the ropes and bounces off of them. Steen tries to throw him overhead with a belly to belly suplex, but Rave blocks the attempt. He steps backwards and pokes Steen in the eye. Rave sweeps away Steen’s legs, putting him in a seated position. Rave runs right at him and connects with a forward knee strike. Rave stares at the crowd with an angry look on his face before making a cover with his foot. 1… Steen pulls Jimmy to the mat, and gets up quickly. Steen has a leg grabbed, and is about to lock in the sharpshooter. Rave kicks Steen away, and rises back to his feet. Rave sprints at Kevin, and tries a running clothesline. Steen ducks under it, and he forcefully tags in Jack Evans. Jack comes in with a springboard, and takes Rave off of his feet with a flying springboard spinning heel kick. Evans makes his way to the knocked down Rave, and performs a standing twisting moonsault. He makes the cover. 1…2… Jimmy kicked out.

Evans is back up, and hits Rave in the back as he gets back to his feet. Evans grabs Rave in a suplex position and hooks him by the leg. Evans drops Rave with a fisherman suplex, bridged into a cover. 1…2… Rave kicks out. Evans is now up and runs against the ropes. He tries a standing shooting star press, but Rave rolls out of the way. Rave is back up on his feet, and he sends Jack to a corner with a jumping forearm. Rave now strikes Evans in the midsection with corner shoulder thrusts. Evans slumps down to a seated position in the corner. Rave hits Evans in the face with a big knee strike to the face, and now grabs Evans by the legs. Rave tries to throw him up in the air, but Jack uses the ropes to backflip out of the predicament. Evans now jumps up quickly to the second rope, but Rave quickly tosses him off the ropes, making him land hard on the mat. Rave leaves the ring after making the blind tag to Roderick Strong. Strong is forced into the ring by the referee. Roddy runs into the ring and starts to put the boots on the grounded Evans, attacking his former partner relentlessly.

Strong pulls Evans back up just to take him down with a scoop backbreaker. Strong uses his brute strength to pick Jack up again and take him down with another backbreaker. Strong now jumps up in the air and drops his knee in Evans’ face. Roddy makes the cover. 1…2… Evans kicked out. Strong now has Evans, and he takes him up in a pendulum submission hold. Strong walks around with Evans hanging, and Kevin Steen slaps Strong in the back for the tag. Steen gets into the ring, and nails a superkick to the face of Roderick Strong, taking him out of the ring and breaking his hold on Jack Evans. Steen walks over to Jack and nails a somersault flipping leg drop, and hooks the legs for a cover. 1…2… Evans kicks out. Steen now grabs the seated Evans by the waist and tries to throw him over with a German Suplex. He is successful, but Evans lands on his feet. Steen turns around and is met with a 540 kick from Evans. Evans now runs against the ropes and springboards, going for a reverse elbow. Steen moves out of the way and speaks. “What the fuck is with this Karate Kid stuff?”

Steen now has Evans and whips him to the ropes. Steen catches him as he comes back and takes him down with a nice dropkick. Steen now makes his way to a corner and split legs off of the top rope. He lands on Evans with a nice split legged moonsault on the Prince of Parkland. Steen yells, and waits for Evans to get up. Once Evans is up, Steen looks like he’s about to kill Jack. Steen runs at Evans and stops right at him. Steen walks over to Jimmy Rave and slaps him for the tag. Rave looks surprised, and is booed by the fans. Steen forces Rave into the ring by picking him up and taking him off of the apron. Rave is in a corner, and Evans cartwheels towards him. Evans connects with a back elbow smash with a cartwheel, and he lands on the outside apron. Rave staggers to the middle of the ring, and Evans springboards off the ropes. Rave moves out of the way to avoid Evans’ flying attack. Jack is on the mat and Rave locks in the Heel Hook. Evans is bent awkwardly when Rave wrenches back on the submission. Roderick Strong runs into the ring, and breaks the submission with a big boot to Rave’s face.

This allows Evans to get back up and take the shaking Jimmy Rave over with a side suplex. Evans now stands on Rave’s chest and executes a perfect standing moonsault, into a cover. 1…2… Evans kicks out, and he looks tired. He unexpectedly falls to the corner of Roderick Strong, where Strong tags himself in. He comes in attempting a big clothesline, but the rising Jimmy Rave caught the arm, and locks it in a double arm stretch, a Rings of Saturn type of maneuver. This grounds the Messiah of the Backbreaker, and weakens his powerful arms. Strong somehow rolls over to his back to lessen the pain, but Rave exposes the shoulders of Strong to the mat for a pin attempt. 1…2… Roddy rolled back to break out of the pin, and he is now fighting up to his feet, with Rave still holding the double arm submission. Rave releases it and is behind Strong now. Jimmy holds Strong for an inverted DDT, but it’s reversed into an inverted atomic drop. Rave is on weak legs, and Roderick Strong brings him down quickly with a gutwrench suplex. Jimmy Rave is thrown across the ring, in Kevin Steen’s corner, where he is tagged in.

Steen rushes into the ring, and takes Jimmy Rave out of his shoes and out of the ring with a superkick. Roderick Strong comes running at Mr. Wrestling and ducks under a superkick. Strong catches the distracted Kevin Steen and takes him down with a back suplex into a hard backbreaker. Steen is on one knee, and he is met with a hard set of chops from Roderick. Steen is now in the corner, and Roddy charges aggressively at him. Steen ducks under the attempt at a corner forearm smash and pushes Strong to the buckles. Steen takes Strong to the mat with a German Suplex, and he rolls through for another move. Roderick Strong fights out of it, and reverses with a turning STO backbreaker. Strong hooks Mr. Wrestling in a powerbomb position, and nails the Gibson Driver! Kevin Steen looks out of it, but he somehow is able to roll out of the ring. Jack Evans is the man to face Strong now, and he attempts a slingshot dropkick. Strong moved out of the way and forced Jack onto his knee, and sets up the Gibson Driver. Evans drops to a knee, and fights out of it with body shots. The two exchange forearm smashes, and just start an all out brawl. Strong is knocked out of the ring after a spinning kick from Jack Evans. Evans is now on the outside apron, and he jumps to the ropes. He nails a double twisting moonsault to Strong on the outside. Both men are knocked out.

Jimmy Rave and Kevin Steen need to get into the ring, with Strong and Evans out. Rave gets into the ring, and pulls the limp Kevin Steen off of the apron and to the center of the ring. Rave brings Steen up to his feet and nails the Ghanarhea! Rave makes the cover. 1…2… Steen was able to kick out. Prince Nana stands on the apron and starts to complain to the ref. This allows Rave to start stomping at Steen, and he is about to nail a groin stomp. Steen sees it coming and catches the leg, knocking Rave off of his feet. Steen is back on his feet, and he locks in the sharpshooter! The referee is now watching the match again, and waits for Jimmy Rave’s reply. Prince Nana was there to argue again, and to give Jimmy some extra time. Rave is tapping, but the ref doesn’t see it. Steen releases the hold, and tells the ref to watch the match. As this is unfolding, Rave hits Steen with a groin shot. Rave rolls up Steen for a pin. Prince Nana takes Rave’s feet and places them on the bottom rope for some extra leverage. 1…2… The ref saw Jimmy’s feet and stopped the count. Jimmy has the seated Steen held, and it looks like he’s going to nail the Greetings from Ghana. Steen somehow fights out of it, and backs away. Rave runs at him, but Steen jumps up and nails an enziguiri right to the side of the head. Rave falls flat, and Kevin Steen climbs the ropes. He jumps off and nails his Swanton Bomb! He makes the cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner, Kevin Steen!

Masters – Really? They let that guy win the match? Damn, he looks like my plumber.
Simon – But Chris, the thing is, he would pwn you in the ring.

Malenko – What’s this on the big screen now, the lights just went dark.

FOUR WEEKS

The lights turn back on and the ring announcer rolls into the ring.

D’Angelis – The following contest is a singles match scheduled for one fall. It is for the Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Championship, under a 60 Minute Time Limit!

The song Superbeast can be heard. Ken Dykstra walks through the curtain, receiving a nice reaction from the crowd. He has a stern look on his face, signaling for the title.

D’Angelis – The challenger, from Worcester, Massachusetts, weighing in at 225 pounds, Ken Dykstra!

Personal Jesus plays to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Austin Aries busts onto the entrance stage, and walks to the ring, with the International Title Belt around his waist

D’Angelis – His opponent, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, weighing in at 207 pounds, he is the Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Champion, Austin Aries!

AriesvsDykstra.jpg

PRIDE International Title
Singles Match
Austin Aries © vs Ken Dykstra

*Bell Rings*

Dykstra and Aries get in a very quick lockup. The larger Dykstra grabs Aries in a headlock, but Aries quickly pushes Ken to the ropes. Dykstra knocks Aries down to the mat with a big shoulder block and follows up with a front facelock on the ground. Aries counters out of it with a hammerlock in a riding position on top of Dykstra. Dykstra struggles to get out of it, but he overpowers Aries into a side headlock. Aries is on his toes, trying to fight his way out of it. Dykstra now transitions the headlock into a leg lock, further weakening the Champion. Aries turns over to his stomach and gets to his feet, trying to counter out of it. Aries bounces from left to right, and gets back to a full standing position. Aries jumps and connects with a signature dropkick to his opponent. Aries walks over to Dykstra’s side and motions for the pendulum elbow drop early. Dykstra rolls over and pulls Aries by the legs, knocking him over. Dykstra bridges over into a jackknife pin attempt. 1…2… Aries pushed Dykstra off of him to break the pin attempt. Ken goes to the mat again, pulling Aries into an awkward position for a rollup. 1…2… Aries got out of it again.

Dykstra and Aries get up at the same time, and Dykstra is the first to strike with a knee to Aries’ midsection. Dykstra continues to strike with another knee and whips Aries to the ropes. Ken attempts a hip toss, but Aries blocks the attempt to his own. He drops his knee on Ken, and splits the eyebrows of Dykstra. Aries waits for Dykstra to get up, and whips him to the ropes. Aries tries a back elbow, and Dykstra falls victim to it. Aries now goes to the outside apron, and is about to slingshot into the ring. Dykstra gets up before Aries can jump, and he punches Aries. Austin looks untouched, and fights back with a shoulder block to his opponent. Dykstra steps backwards, and Aries is about to go for a shoulder block. Dykstra pushes Aries out of the air, and back to the apron. Ken now has the standing Aries and hooks him in position. He connects with a suplex into the ring, with an assist from the ring ropes. Aries is in the middle of the ring, and Dykstra makes the cover. 1…2… Aries kicked out, but he is stopped from rising when Dykstra locks in a Cobra Clutch, with Dykstra sitting on Aries’ back, applying the pressure.

Aries is stuck in the middle of the ring, and has to fight out of Dykstra’s submission hold. Aries sweeps the legs of Ken away, forcing Dykstra to a sitting position. Aries leans back, which puts Dykstra in a pinning predicament. 1…2… Dykstra breaks the submission to get out of the pin attempt. Aries and Dykstra both get to their feet relatively quickly and charge at each other. Dykstra misses a clothesline, and he runs into the turnbuckle. Aries runs at the turnbuckle, going for a dropkick. He connects, and Dykstra slumps to a seated position. Aries backs up and attempts another dropkick. Dykstra rolls out of the ring, and Aries kicks the buckles. Dykstra now grabs the grounded Aries by the legs, and pulls him. Dykstra slams Austin’s leg into the ring post, making a loud noise. Ken now takes the leg again, and this time slams it onto the ring apron. He now slides back into the ring and makes the cover on the weakened Aries, hooking the weak leg. 1…2… Aries got a shoulder up. Dykstra takes Aries back up to his feet, and lifts him up. Dykstra connects with a shinbreaker, further damaging the injured leg.

Dykstra now has Aries held for a vertical suplex. Aries counters out of it quickly, taking Ken over with his own suplex. Aries bridges over for a cover. 1…2… Dykstra kicked out, and Aries bridges the suplex over. Dykstra fights out of the second try, and whips Aries to the ropes. Dykstra ducked low for a body drop, but Aries kicked him square in the face. Aries now has Dykstra held on his shoulders. Aries slams Dykstra with a Steam Roller Slam, and he now is on the second rope. Dykstra is seated, and is met with an Aries diving clothesline. Aries continues his streak by going to the ring apron. He slingshots himself into the ring and lands on Ken with a twisting body splash. Aries now runs against the ropes, and jumps into the air. Dykstra moves out of the way of a knee drop, and Aries lands hard. Dykstra rolls Aries up in a backslide pin. 1…2… Aries rolls backwards to get out of the pin attempt. Dykstra runs at the recovering Aries, and nails a big running knee to his opponent. Dykstra now runs against the ropes and lands on Aries with a knee drop to Austin Aries’ chest and midsection.

Dykstra now wants to drop another knee, and jumps high up into the air. Aries rolls out of the way, and Dykstra hits nothing but mat. Aries is back up on his feet, and lifts his opponent up with a shinbreaker. He follows up with a big side Saito suplex, and Dykstra lands on his neck. Aries releases his opponent and stands next to him. He motions left, then right, and connects with his diving spinning elbow. Ken sits up, holding his chest. Aries runs against the ropes, and jumps from behind Ken, connecting with a nice neck snap. Aries is back up on his feet, and kicks the seated, but tired Ken in the face. He now makes the cover. 1…2… Dykstra got a shoulder up, and Aries continues to get back to work. Aries turns Dykstra over and drops a spinning elbow on Ken’s neck. Aries now grabs Dykstra by the neck and bridges over, locking in the Horns of Aries. Dykstra is pulled back in an awkward position, and he tries to reach the ropes. Dykstra uses his overpowering strength to crawl over closer and closer to the ropes. Dykstra reaches out, and grabs the bottom rope, forcing Aries to let go of his painful neck submission.

After a count of 4, Aries releases the Horns. Dykstra slowly starts to get up, and he leans against a corner turnbuckle, holding his neck. Aries runs at him, going for a running elbow smash. Dykstra catches him and sends him up and over the ropes. Dykstra turns around to face Aries, but is met with a forearm smash. Dykstra fights back, surprisingly kicking Aries high on the side of the head. Aries looks out of it, and Dykstra pulls Aries, hanging him by the feet on the ropes. Dykstra has Austin held and takes him down with a Tower of London-like swinging neckbreaker. Ken now climbs up to the top turnbuckle, looking to nail Aries with his Sky High Leg Drop. He stands and taunts for a couple of moments, which allows Aries to get back to his feet. Dykstra still jumps off, and is looking for a diving clothesline. Aries rolls through to get out of it, and Dykstra lands on his feet. Dykstra can’t stop his momentum and crashes into a turnbuckle. Aries charges aggressively into the corner. Austin connects with a big back elbow smash to he back of the head, and has the bigger man held. Aries throws Dykstra to the middle of the ring with a release back suplex.

Aries leaps onto the top rope, and jumps off, trying to flatten Dykstra with a frog splash. Dykstra gets his knees up, impacting Aries in the process. Aries is on his knees, in agony. Ken rolls back up to his feet, and connects with a spinning hangman’s neckbreaker. Dykstra now scales the turnbuckles, signaling for his leg drop. Dykstra jumps off and high into the air, but Aries rolls out of harm’s way. Dykstra impacts the mat hard, and Aries picks Dykstra up in a suplex position. Aries drops him down on his head with a big Brainbuster. Aries now goes to the top rope, and signals fort his 450 Splash. He jumps off, but Dykstra stands up quickly and drives Aries down to the mat hard with an Ace crusher. Aries falls limp to the mat, and Kenny scales the buckles again. Austin Aries somehow fights through the pain and climbs to the middle rope. Aries and Dykstra are battling in the corner. Aries slaps Dykstra hard, turning him around to his back. This leaves Aries facing Kenny’s back, and he hooks onto his arms. Aries pulls Dykstra off by the arms and nails the Crucifix Bomb! Aries stands back up on his feet, and climbs the turnbuckles again. He signals for it and he jumps off. Aries nails the 450 Splash! He makes the cover.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

D’Angelis – Here is your winner and STILL Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Champion, Austin Aries!

Malenko – A nice, hard fought win here by Austin Aries tonight, his first title defense was successful.
Simon – We already know who his opponent is for the MTV Special, and that’s Mr. Wrestling, Kevin Steen.
Malenko – It looks like something’s happening backstage, so we’re going to cut to it right now.

Roderick Strong can be seen looking very upset. He has an angry look on his face, still wearing his gear, but with an NRC shirt on. He walks up to Jack Evans, and starts to attack him brutally, throwing him against the wall. Strong and Evans fight to outside of the arena, where the camera follows. Strong takes the limp Evans up and drops him down on the hard asphalt with a Gibson Driver! Roderick Strong now walks back into the building, pushing the camera man to the floor as he walks past it.

The camera now shows the announce team.

Simon – Wow, Roderick Strong really took out his frustration on Jack Evans there.
Malenko – This really could be the start of something big. Both the NRC and the Vulture Squad are looking for a fight, let’s see what will happen next week.
Masters – Roderick Strong is an emo freak.

Simon – That was a really educated comment Masters. Right now, Samoa Joe is going to make his champion’s address.

The Champ Is Here blasts through the venue. The fans chant along with the song and Samoa Joe busts through the curtain. He’s wearing a short sleeved button down shirt and jeans. He has the belt on one shoulder, and rolls into the ring, posing with the belt. He has a mic in hand and begins to speak.

Samoa_Joe3.jpg

Joe – The CHAMP IS HERE! After struggling for more than 3 months, fighting for the longest time, I won this belt. There really is no feeling like winning a title, and hearing the crowd’s reaction. And there’s no better feeling to be called champion right here in this promotion.

He pauses for a moment, letting the fans chant his name. He speaks again.

Joe – Now enough with that lover boy stuff. Obviously there’s no champion without a challenger. And with me being the champion, I need to find myself a challenger. It doesn’t matter who steps up to take a shot for my belt, because I know that anyone who has the courage to get in the ring with me can go for real. In every single promotion I’ve been in, I’ve held a title belt, and people have called me the face of their respective company as champion. You know that I’ll be a fighting champion, I’m not at all afraid to step up and face anyone that comes in my way. But right now---

The Champ is cut off by a voice heard from the entrance stage. MVP walks to the ring, and rolls in, wearing a tailor made suit. He starts to talk to Joe.

MVP2.jpg

MVP – Samoa Joe, you’re calling yourself a fighting champion. So how about you defend that title against me at the next MTV Special? It would only be right that PRIDE’s franchise player would get a title shot, right? You already saw what I could do when I beat Paul Burchill at Uprising, I don’t just want a title shot Joe, I need that belt my man.

Joe – Hold up, you said that you beat Paul Burchill? Last time I checked, you got him disqualified. That’s fine, I’ll take you on any day, but I know there are more people that want a title shot. And come on man, you look ridiculous.

Immigrant Song plays, and Paul Burchill walks to the ring, wearing jeans and his own T-Shirt. He looks like he’s about to talk, with a microphone in his clutch

Paul_Burchill12.jpg

Burchill – MVP, who do you think you are?

MVP – The highest paid, the most athletic, the most important and the most popular athlete here in PRIDE right now.

Burchill – You’re really funny, if only I kicked your head in at Uprising, that way you would have been quiet. You come out here and think you can get a title shot just by asking for it. Do you really think that’ll happen? I was the one that was going to come out with the win at Uprising, but you being the big PUSSY that you are, you had to get me disqualified. Ever since that loss, I’ve been trying to find you, because you would run away every time I would see you. So let’s settle the score right now, and fight. The winner gets the title shot. What do you think about that, big guy?

MVP and Paul Burchill face each other in the middle of the ring. They’re about to brawl, but Samoa Joe separates them.

Joe – Hold on a second you two, who ever said that both of you could get a title shot? It’s nice to see that you know each other, but you’re just wasting your own time right now. How about this, you two can have your time fighting in the ring, but you can go do that next week. The winner gets the title shot against me. How about that?

MVP – That’s exactly how I see it Joe. Even though I don’t even need a little tournament or a grudge match to earn a title shot, you’ve got it. It’s a matter of time---

Burchill – What the hell are you talking about? You don’t deserve anything. I'm guessing you didn't watch the beginning of the show. I earned my title shot when my team beat the Age of the Fall.

Burchill aggressively pushes MVP to a turnbuckle, holding him by the collar of his shirt.

Burchill – You listen to me right now you fool. If you cheat one more time, I guarantee that I’ll snap your neck in half. You’re just a little punk that gets everything given to him. I’ve fought since my birth, you don’t deserve a thing, you’re a cheater, and you’re a liar. Next week, be ready to face the truth, because when I beat you, I’ll get my title shot.

Joe – Calm down Paul, nothing hasn’t even been confirmed yet. Just chill man, and wait to kill that guy next week.

Burchill – Fine, but Joe, when I get my title match---

Miseria Cantare plays through the arena, to a huge roar from the crowd. CM Punk has a sly smile on his face, and he gets into the ring, with his own microphone.

CM_Punk7.jpg

Punk – Whoa, how did you two guys get a title shot already? The last time I checked, you didn’t win any tournaments, and you two lost in the original Title Tournament. Burchill, I know that you got your title shot, but you beat a bunch of freaks to get it. So do you two really think you’ll stand a chance against Joe?

Joe – You make a good point there Punker, but they were the first ones to come up to the champ and ask, so it kind of fits. But do you really think this all matters, you know I could choke them out wearing this.

Punk – Joe, you and me were in the greatest match in PRIDE’s history. You know that I took you past your limits, and that you did the same to me. You know what, forget about these two guys, give me a rematch. Just look at these fans, they’re dying to see it, and I’m pretty sure Chris Masters on the announce team gets a boner just looking at us together in the ring.

MVP – How can you let him forget me? The last time I checked, you were the one who lost the PRIDE Championship match. You had two chances, and you didn’t win in both of them. So I’d just like to say that you’re a failure.

Punk – You’re saying that I’m a failure? Look at you and your fake ass corn rows. You come in with all this talk, but you can’t back any of it up. And MVP, I beat you already, on the first show. So it’s safe to say, that I’m Better than You.

Burchill –
Hold on for a second there Punk. It looks like you’ve never been in the ring one on one with me. So that shows that I still have a fair chance, right? And tonight, I already won my title shot fair and square when my team beat the Age of the Fall.

Joe – Paul, I beat you already on the first show too. You can get your rematch, but can you really stand a chance?

Punk – Come on Joe, I need my rematch. Do you really think that you can have a nice title defense wrestling with a former Pirate or the man that’s all talk?

Joe – You make a good point there my friend, yeah, I already beat the pirate, and we know what’ll happen if you put me in the ring with MVP. So how about this, let’s see my booker mind. How about you 3 have yourselves a triple threat match, the winner gets the title shot.

Punk –
That sounds absolutely perfect. So don’t be surprised if you and me meet in the ring once again.

MVP – What is that? Like I said before, I don’t need your stupid qualifying matches to get a title shot, I need it right now.

Burchill –
Shut up! We 3 know that you won’t last a chance against any of us. So as much as you want your title shot, it’s not happening in this lifetime.

Sirius plays, and Ricky Steamboat walks through the curtain. He speaks.

Steamboat – I know that all of you want to be in your title match. So to stop all the complaining, I have this planned. At the next MTV Special, it’ll be the PRIDE Champion Samoa Joe vs CM Punk vs Paul Burchill vs MVP!

All 4 Men look satisfied, and they stare at each other in the middle of the ring. The show ends on that image.

A Hannah Montana song plays to end the show, with a highlight video playing along to it.

PRIDE3.png

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

The opening promo-It would almost seem like you were the one pulling the strings behind the real AOTF. Very in character and intense promo leading to...
AOTF vs. The Untamed-Excellent opener, nice back and forth action. Surprising to see Cody Rhodes get the win for his team sending AOTF away for a month.
Roderick Strong Promo-He's winning the number one contender match and thinks Lena Yada's ugly. We'll see, and he's wrong about Lena.
Jay Lethal vs. Matt Sydal-Good battle of the lightweights that could have gone either way.
Scorpio Sky/Larry Sweeney Promo-Very in character showing the arrogance of Sky and the political power of Sweeney.
Kings of Wrestling Promo-Nice way to set up the Cash and Money tournament. Will be interesting to find out who's in the tournament and who will emerge the winner.
4 Way for the International Title Shot-Wow, every competitor left it in the ring. Nice to see Mr. Wrestling get the victory.
Four Weeks-Gee I wonder who that could be.
Evans vs. Aries for the International Title-Nice submission work by both men. Great series of counters at the end leading to Aries retaining the title.
Roderick attacking Evans-Wow that seems brutal just reading about it
Joe/MVP/Burchill/Punk Promo-Very in character all around and we get an excellent matchup out of it for the next MTV Special.
Overall-Nice follow up to Uprising, very good matches and promos and did a good job of setting up for the next Special.

Qwake

BM: I am deciding between Jay Lethal Vs Matt Sydal and the fatal four way match. Both were really good but then again all of the others were good. I personally like these to because my fav guys were in them and I enjoyed reading with them in there. Steen and Sydal also won which is great lol.

WM: None all were great as usual.

BP: The opening AOTF promo was great and I know they were in character after I watched a few of their promos recently, I also liked the ending promo! Good in character and it was long too. Nice way to start feuds.

WP: None. All were in charcter and all had a good point whether it be a fued builder or challenging champs to start feuds. Great.

AF: Awesome show backing up your great PPV, the matches and promos were all very good and I enjoyed them all tbh. 9/10 :D

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
BM: 4 corner survival- this match was awesome, I'd say that it was nearly as good as the ladder match at Uprising.
WM: N/A
BP: The end promo was really good. Everyone was in character and it set up for the next couple of shows.
WP: N/A
AC: The opening Jacobs promo was really good... That sucks that the AOTF are suspended, but their return should be good... I was really suprised that Lethal didn't beat Sydal, good match from these two... The Larry Sweeney promos are always good and this one lived up to it's standards... I think that the "FOUR WEEKS" thing has something to do with the AOTF... Aries vs. Dykstra was good, but I think that it should have been before the 4 corner survival... Great show

The Rated R CMStar

BM: In my opinion the opening one with the 6guys battling over the suspension of AOTF and future title matches. It flowed really nicely and it could have gone to any side. I was a little shocked to the see the outlet, but depending on when it's your next MTV special, I see them returning by then.

WM: 404 Error.

BP: It's hard, the opening one was good, however it felt a lot like all the other ones of the AOTF, except in the ending with them talking about winning all the belts. That's why I'll give the edge to the final one. I liked the character Joe portrayed and you put him over like a defending champion(unlike certain real life promotion I know). MVP came off nicely, so as Punk, and Burchill as the no reason tough bastard. Nice work.

WP: None.

AC: TBH, I skipped certain promos in the show, like the one involving Prince Nana and the one with Scorpion Sky, but just because I don't like their characters. Match writting was awesome and I really enjoyed the Sydal vs Lethal match. It was good to see already a match announced for your next big event. Good work. Oh and...

A Hannah Montana song plays to end the show, with a highlight video playing along to it.

Lol.

Check out my Uprising PPV, has been posted