Pro Wrestling PRIDE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
PRIDE Show 16 review

Opening promo- Good work with the entire promo. Punk vs. Joe vs. Danielson sounds awesome.

Kenny vs. Burchill- I didn't expect much from this match except for an extended squash, but I was plesently suprised. Not a bad match.

MVP and Muscle Militia promo- To be honest I forgot that Albright was on the roster. It looks like MVP is going to have to work his way back up from the bottom of the card.

Triple Threat- Nice to see Chucky T. This was a great match. Really fast paced with a suprising ending. I did not expect London to lose at all.

Punk promo- Very much in character. It didn't really make sense to me that Punk didn't know that Danielson was in his match.

Apex vs. SCS- Really good tag match. No suprise at all that the Apex won.

AOTF promo- Awesome promo work. The AOTF vs. MCMG feud spills out of POI and into PRIDE lol.

Showcase match- It's good to see Chikara wrestlers slowly leak into other BTB's. It didn't seem that Steen talked enough. Good action throughout.

State of the Union- Sweeney needs to have some kind of weekly talkshow, you are great with him.

Triple Threat #2- The last 10 seconds of the match were really dramatic. This match told a great story.

AC- I don't think that there was anything I didn't like. The main event was very well done as was the other triple threat. It was a solid show all around. Thanks for the POI review.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

APEX Promo-Whooot. This is already shaping up to be a huge faction, not just in pride but in all of BTB. Flair as the mouthpiece is awesome. And we get Joe vs. Punk 3 plus Bryan Danielson thrown in as well-sweetness on a cupcake.

Kenny vs. The pirate-Good back and forth nicely paced opener.

MVP/Muscle Militia Promo-I like how MVP is gonna have to earn his way back up the ladder but still comes off as the cocky prick he is.

Chucky T vs. Cross vs. London-Fast paced as expected with these three participants. London losing was a bit of a surprise but not really considering he has the tag team scene to fall back on and plus this is a good way to help elevate Cross.

Punk Promo-Like CGK said it didn't make sense for Punk to not know that Danielson was in the match considering his interview too place after Danielson was entered into the match.

APEX vs. SCS-Surprisingly back and forth match. Flair interfered at the perfect times, including the finish.

AOTF and MCMG-There are so few people that can capture people's promos as good as you. Jimmy Jacobs was in character and this was a good way to bring them back into the mix. This feud should be awesome.

FIST vs. Steenerico-Nice to see other promotions being recognized in BTB. Good match which really showed how talented all four men are. Team FIST look good despite losing.

Sweet N Sour State of the Union-What CGK said, give Sweeney a weekly talk show.

Aries vs. Homicide vs. Rave-Excellent main event. You did a good job of incorporating the Homicide-Rave feud into the mix (especially with the finish).

AC-Another great show as expected from Pride. Feuds really developed nicely here and you showcased some new faces which is always nice.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
PRIDE Show 17 Preview

PRIDE3.png

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
Show 17
Charlottesville, Virginia
The Preview

This week, Pro Wrestling PRIDE is ready to deliver once again, setting the stage for Breakout. With several key matches and events already announced for this week’s show, things are surely not going to disappoint.

Handicap Match
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

-This match is sort of a preview for the PRIDE Championship match at Breakout. PRIDE Champion Samoa Joe will have his work cut out for him as he faces the two contenders for his title. In this match, he’ll have no partner, and will be handicapped. Not literally, obviously. Even with Joe at a disadvantage, the teaming of Danielson and Punk doesn’t might not seem so strong either. Apex member Bryan Danielson has said that he doesn’t care for any of his opponents. Danielson wants to show that he can do things alone and prove once again why he is the best wrestler in the world. CM Punk will try to find some common ground with the American Dragon, hopefully to pin or submit the PRIDE Champ, Samoa Joe.

Murder City Machine Guns vs The Age of The Fall
Chris Sabin vs Tyler Black

-Last week, the returning members of the Age of The Fall came back with a band. They immediately proved just why they are so dangerous, calling out the Murder City Machine Guns. The two teams have history with each other, stemming from past friendships and other promotions. So this week and for the following weeks, each side will participate in a singles match. This week, Chris Sabin and Tyler Black will be facing off. Chris Sabin is one of the most exciting wrestlers today, and wants to represent the MCMG with pride as he faces Tyler Black. Black is also pretty accomplished, gaining notoriety the past few months from all sources. Now both men will try to do their groups proud and take the win.

Singles Match
Brent Albright vs MVP

-At the last PRIDE show, MVP confronted Ken Dykstra, calling him nothing but a loser. These two have already been confirmed to be in a match at Breakout, and the stage is being set. Also, Dykstra’s Muscle Militia ally, Brent Albright, challenged Porter to a match. The Franchise Player accepted, so this week, the two will face off. Brent Albright has been relatively quiet in his time in PRIDE, and he is looking to breakout and score what could be a major victory. MVP will try to prove his point in his mocking of Dykstra & Albright. With both men having something to prove, which man will come out victorious?

PRIDE Melee Matches

Pro Wrestling PRIDE would like to introduce the Melee match concept. This match has been proposed by Ricky Steamboat for absolute mayhem in the ring. Structured similarly to an Iron Man match, a time limit is enforced in the match, but with four singles competitors. Like the Iron Man match, the competitor with the most individual victories will be the winner. The winner will receive some reward or title shot for his efforts. The following Melee matches have been announced, each under a 25 minute time limit. Each competitor is representing a team. The winner and his tag partner will receive Pro Wrestling PRIDE Tag Team Title Shots at Breakout. There will be two melee matches this week, and a PRIDE Tag Champ will be a competitor in each. If the Champion wins the Melee, they will be able to nullify the title shot opportunity. The PRIDE Tag Championship Match at Breakout will be an elimination four way. These are the Melee matches for Show 17.

Chris Hero© vs Hernandez vs Colt Cabana vs Lance Hoyt

Claudio Castagnoli© vs Rocky Romero vs JTG vs Elijah Burke

Also Confirmed…

-Larry Sweeney will be at the show. After his State of The Union Address, he plans on finding new recruits for Sweet & Sour Incorporated.

-Kevin Steen & El Generico will have something to say, and are now focusing on a tag team run in Pro Wrestling PRIDE.

-More matches are sure to be announced for the MTV Special, Breakout.

-Prince Nana will address the PRIDE fans on the situation with Jimmy Rave & Homicide.

-The theme song for the next show is “Take It Away†by The Used. Why? Because it’s a fucking awesome song, bro. And if you don’t believe that, you’re a liar.

-Awesome.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Handicap Match
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk vs Samoa Joe

Brent Albright vs MVP

PRIDE Melee Matches
Chris Hero© vs Hernandez vs Colt Cabana vs Lance Hoyt

The Rated R CMStar

Opening promo: The Apex was great, especially Ric Flair's part. I am really curious to see if he gets back in the ring. Anyways, Punk getting the title match was kinda random and out of place, but you made it work. I just see PUnk as an outsider, as with the tease you gave, Joe vs Danielson is the match I want.

Burchill vs Kenny: I liked the rough style Paul played during the matc . Nice action for an opener. A surprising dropping in the card for Paul, however, it's not that harsh as he is now the contender for another belt.

MVP promo: He pwned the Milita imo.MVP vs Albright will be better than Kenny vs MVP.

Triple Threat #1: I agree with the guys above, altough I expected Chucky to win. A nice chance of pace from the previous match as this was high adrenaline action.

Punk promo: It made its work of trying to sell the idea of why he deserves yet another title match. The thing with Danielson was weird as said above, but the promo was fine.

APEX vs SCS: I was expecting total pwnage from The APEX, and so it was a great surprise to get a competitive match. Flair played a crucial role which makes his involvement in the stable even more important.

AOTF promo: God, this guys have fallen down the card. The promo was good, but they are just a shell of what they were before. The feud with the MCMG will be interesting though.

Showcase Match: Exactly what it was, a showcase. All 4 men managed to show their moves and demonstrate what they have.

Sweeney promo: Awesomeness in a can. I loled at some of his comments. Great job on this.

Triple Threat #2: This was very different to the previous triple threat, not only on the pace it had but on the feel. Like Spiral said, you did a great job incorporating the Homicide-Nana feud in the match against Austin Aries. I am waiting anxiously for the Triple Threat at next MTV Special with Aries retaining.

Be sure to check WrestleBowl and leave your comments.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Pro Wrestling PRIDE - Show 17

PRIDE3.png

Pro Wrestling PRIDE
Show 17
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia

The Pro Wrestling PRIDE logo flashes across the screen. “Take It Away” by The Used begins to play, and a video is shown featuring the PRIDE Superstars.

"Life's greatest questions have always been: Who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here? Where am I going? You are about to see and hear one of the most significant messages given to us from God."

"BANG!

I'm lying to myself
And this dagger's my excuse
I'm a pawn
I Should have paid up
And I left an hour late
I was laid up

I must abuse myself
I'm against all that I've made up
Set in stone the sun will come
And I hate light
You know I hate light
To me it looks so pretty burning

Burn the sun
Burn the light
Take take take take take take it away
Take my hand
Take my life

I must have caught something
In the heat of all these dances
I'm a worm with no more chances
And I've lost all doubt
In a chemical romance

I can't stop itching
over thoughts of tarnished hope
kinda funny
lonely feeling
I'm not in love
You know it's not love
Don't make it look so pretty burning

Burn the sun
Burn the light
Take my hand
Take my life

Burn the sun
Burn the light
Take my hand
Take my life

Brothers and sisters
I'm right here with you
Cause everyone's got one
A story to kill me
I'm so apathetic in my resentment
Living, loving, knowing not

Take my hand
Take my life
Take my heart take my mind
Take my life take my life

Burn the sun burn the light
Take my hand take my life
Burn the sun burn the light
Take my hand take my life
Take my life
Take my LIFE"

The venue is seen, showing the fans in attendance of the illustrious Pro Wrestling PRIDE show. Announcer Michael Buffer announces the opening match.

Buffer – The opening contest is a singles match scheduled for one fall! It is contested under a 20 minute time limit!

I Don’t Wanna Stop starts to play. Brent Albright stands on the entrance stage, looking energized. He walks to the ring, looking ready for a fight.

Buffer – First, from Tulsa, Oklahoma, Brent Albright!

I’m Comin’ plays as the fans start to boo. MVP appears on the entrance stage, looking at the ring with a cocky gaze. He talks trash about Brent Albright and Ken Dykstra as he jogs to the ring.

Buffer – His opponent, from Miami, Florida, MVP!

MVPvsAlbright.jpg

Singles Match
MVP vs Brent Albright

*Bell Rings*

MVP immediately assaults Albright after the bell rings. Porter punches Albright hard, but Brent is trying to block. Albright falls to the mat before he could fight back. Porter starts to stomp on Albright, but the referee forces Porter back. Porter tries to push the ref away so he can continue his attack, but he can’t break through. Albright is standing back up, and MVP immediately slaps on a tight headlock. MVP moves himself and Albright to the middle of the ring. Albright pushes MVP to the ropes to get freed. Albright charges and takes MVP down with a quick shoulder block. Albright comes off of the ropes now, hurdling over MVP. Porter is back up once Albright returns to the middle of the ring, and he’s taken down with a big clothesline. Porter backs up into a corner, trying to recover. Albright wastes no time on his attack. He charges towards the corner, trying to damage MVP. Porter rolled out of the ring to avoid Albright’s running knee. Porter stands on the outside of the ring, apparently shocked in the fight that Brent Albright has to offer in the match.

Porter tries to lure Albright to get out of the ring. MVP mocks Brent, and he can’t be ignored. Albright gives in, rolling out of the ring. Porter pounces on him, delivering a shot to his back. Albright is leaning against the apron, and MVP tries to deliver a short arm clothesline. Albright blocks it, and rams MVP’s back into the apron. Albright opens up with loud chops to Porter’s chest. MVP grimaces, and he yells for the ref to make him stop. Albright pushes MVP back into the ring. Albright flies over the top rope with a quick slingshot knee drop onto the back of MVP’s neck. Albright makes the quick cover. 1…2… Porter kicks out quickly, but he’s stopped in no time when Albright locks in an arm lock. MVP yells in pain as he’s being worn down. Albright locks in the hold tightly, but MVP is funding a way to squirm to the ropes. Porter’s right leg makes contact with the bottom rope, and he points that out to the referee. Albright releases the hold, freeing MVP. Albright goes back to the center of the ring, but he sees his opponent roll to the floor once again, wanting to take an early breather.

MVP slides back into the ring after a few moments. He tells the referee to stop Albright from ambushing him. The ref stands in front of Brent to block him. MVP strikes after pushing the referee out of the way and starting an attack on Brent Albright. Porter puts Albright on shaky legs after some hard punches. MVP comes off of the ropes, but he’s stopped in the middle of the ring after a kick to his midsection. Albright takes MVP and throws him down with a snap suplex. Albright goes straight into a cover. 1…2… MVP gets his shoulder up. Both men stand back up, but MVP is clutching at his back. Albright whips MVP off of the ropes. Albright is bent over for a back body drop, but MVP stops himself, and kicks Brent right in the face. MVP scoops the weakened Albright up and takes him down to the mat with a scoop slam. Porter bounces off of the ropes slowly. He returns to the middle of the ring, mocking the grounded Brent Albright. Porter jumps in the air, and drops his knee onto Albright’s face. Porter keeps his knee on Brent’s face, turning it into a crushing attack. Albright strikes MVP to force him off.

Porter stands up, starting to stomp on Albright. Brent backs up into the corner, and MVP lets him recover for a little bit. Albright starts to stand up, using the turnbuckles to help him. Porter makes his way to the corner, starting to chop Albright. MVP throws in some punches as well, but Albright comes back with a forearm. After a shot that send MVP back a step, Albright tries to get back on offense. Brent delivers a second forearm which makes MVP hold onto the ropes. Albright goes up to the middle rope. He flies off quickly, and takes MVP to the mat with a second rope shoulder block. Both men are lying on the mat now, recovering slowly. The referee starts his count. After counting 4, Brent Albright stands back up. He still is trying to catch his breath. MVP gets up after a 7 count. Albright grabs MVP by the back, throwing him over rapidly with a German Suplex. Albright bridges over, but MVP is trying to fight out of it, with elbows to Albright’s face. Brent fights through MVP’s attacks though, and delivers the second German Suplex. Albright bridges it into a cover. 1…2… Porter kicked out.

Albright waits for MVP to stand up, looking very pumped up. Brent comes off of the ropes, taking the recovering MVP down with a running big boot. MVP falls backwards, setting himself up on the second rope. Albright lets out a battle cry before coming off of the ropes. Albright runs quickly to the rope hung Porter, delivering the 61-Knee! Porter looks out of it, and Albright continues with his high powered offense. He grabs MVP from behind hooking one arm. Albright delivers now with the Half Nelson Suplex! MVP hit the mat down hard, and Brent Albright makes the cover. 1…2… MVP’s foot was UNDER THE ROPE. Both the crowd and Brent Albright are in complete shock, thinking that the last move was the finish of the match. Albright knows that he’s going to finish the match now, and he rolls MVP over. The eager Albright locks in the Crowbar! Porter is barely conscious, trying to fight through the pain and make a come back. The crowd is on their feet, cheering for Albright to win. But this doesn’t happen, as MVP once again escapes the loss by grabbing the bottom rope.

Albright can not believe that MVP escaped once again. He stomps the mat waiting eagerly for MVP to stand back up. After a couple of seconds, Porter is back up, and he still is reeling after Albright’s last offensive. Albright pulls him in again for the Half Nelson Suplex. Albright can’t hit it though, as MVP turns it right into a corner. He weakly has Albright in, holding him for the Playmaker. Porter has him fully hooked, and connects with the Playmaker! MVP looks to the crowd, who are watching in stunned silence. Porter makes a weak cover, not hooking the leg. 1…2… Albright barely kicked out! MVP’s eyes look like they’re about to pop out of his head. MVP motions for Albright to get up, stomping the mat loudly. As Albright gets to his knees, MVP takes the opportunity to come off of the ropes. He attempts the Player’s Boot. Brent moves out of the way, and MVP has a stunned look on his face. With his anger and frustration showing, MVP is not paying attention to his opponent. Porter is grabbed from behind. Once again, Brent Albright hits the Half Nelson Suplex! MVP looks out of it, and Brent Albright tries to capitalize. Albright locks in the Crowbar. Trying to squirm out of the submission, MVP reaches and tries to roll out of it. It’s unsuccessful, as MVP has nothing left to do but tap out!

*Bell Rings*

Buffer – Here is your winner, Brent Albright!

Malenko – What an amazing way for Albright to get the win. MVP really showed what he can do if he’s pissed off, and that might have cost him.

Simon – Brent Albright showed lots of fight tonight, and got what looked like an upset. I’m sure this adds some fuel to the fire of MVP taking on Dykstra at Breakout. Wait, what is MVP doing now?

As Brent Albright exits the ring, he faces the entrance stage, holding his hands up in celebration. He stands in the same area for awhile, catching his breath. The still hurting MVP uses his remaining energy to get out of the ring. He grabs a chair from under the ring. Brent Albright is facing the other direction, and does not see MVP walking towards him. The fans are telling Brent to look out, so he turns around. Albright is drilled with a chair shot right to the skull. He falls right to the floor, hitting the guardrail. MVP has a sick smile on his face, yelling profanities to Albright. But suddenly, Ken Dykstra comes in running from the entrance stage. Dykstra runs towards MVP, trying to take revenge. MVP runs off, diving into the crowd. He exits the arena through the crowd, and the disappointed Ken Dykstra has nothing else to do except check on Albright’s condition.

Masters – MVP just showed why he’s one of the most dangerous men in PRIDE. He definitely is playing some mind games with Dykstra with this last attack. He might have lost, but it looks like he was the real winner. That match was just a roadblock for MVP. He can beat both of those guys easy, no doubt about it.
Malenko – We’ll see about that. But right now, we have to send it backstage, where Jack Evans has something to say.

The scene now shows a different area of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE backstage area. Jack Evans is seen, with a microphone in hand. He’s wearing regular street clothes, with a baseball cap. The Man from the Heavens starts to speak.

Jack_Evans3.jpg

Evans –
Man, you guys already know what’s coming. Two weeks ago at Exodus, I impressed everyone after I beat Roderick Strong in a brutal match. Some people said that it was one of the best matches of my career. I beat Roderick clean, there’s no other way I can say it. I beat Roddy so bad, he ain’t even here anymore. I think he’s still hurt, and still in shock that I beat him, after all of the lame shit he said. With that win, I got myself a shot at the PRIDE International Belt. And I’ll be up against another one of my former Generation Next partners, Austin Aries. I never really had a problem with Austin, but now, he just seems way too cocky for his little body. I’m also in that match with Paul Burchill. I know what they all are going to say. Paul Burchill’s a big guy, and he just was in the Main Event match for the PRIDE Championship. But man, I don’t even remember the last time he won a big match. It’s going to be the same at Breakout, where both of us will be trying to take Aries out. But as all of you know, I’m going to beat both of them, and take them both out, just like I did to Roderick. After that match, all of ya’ll are going to see me with that International Title Belt around my waist. And you know this, MAN!

The middle of the ring is now shown.

Buffer – The following contest is the first Pro Wrestling PRIDE Melee Match! It is for a shot at the PRIDE Tag Team Titles, and is contested under a 25 minute time limit!

“King Back” begins to play, and Elijah Burke immediately goes onto the entrance stage. He walks to the ring, laughing at the fans who are booing him loudly.

Buffer – From Jacksonville, Florida, Elijah Burke!

“We Fly High” starts to play and the fans try to rap along with the song. JTG and Julius Smokes walk to the ring, slapping hands with the fans in attendance.

Buffer – Next, from Brooklyn, New York, JTG!

“Lo Que Paso, Paso” starts to play. Rocky Romero stands on the entrance ramp, doing the Azucar dance to boos from the crowd.

Buffer – Next, from Los Angeles, California, Rocky Romero!

“I’ve Got to Have It” blasts after a “We Will Rock You” intro. Claudio Castagnoli appears on the entrance stage, walking to the ring. He has his PRIDE Tag Title Belt on his shoulder.

Buffer – Finally, from the United Bank of Switzerland, he is one half of the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Tag Team Champions, Claudio Castagnoli!

Melee-Claudio-ROcky-JTG-Elijah.jpg

PRIDE Melee Match – 25 Minute Time Limit
PRIDE Tag Team Title Shots

*Bell Rings*

Claudio Castagnoli is standing in the ring, waiting for someone to step up to him. The other 3 competitors in the match immediately charge at Claudio. Romero, JTG, and Burke are trying to hurt the PRIDE Tag Champ early. Claudio has to back up to a corner, and is fading fast. Elijah Burke backs up, signaling for the Elijah Express. Burke runs to the corner, with Romero & JTG holding Castagnoli. Burke delivers with the Elijah Express. Rocky Romero gets in on the action, and delivers a knockout roundhouse kick to the side of Claudio’s head. JTG pulls Claudio back up, and the fans cheer for him. J hooks Castagnoli in. He connects with a vicious Cutthroat Neckbreaker! JTG is smart enough to make a cover. 1… Burke and Romero break up the pin, and start to yell at JTG. J tries to say something back, but Romero & Burke make the cover now. JTG breaks this up. Elijah Burke, looking to make progress, signals for all three men to make a simultaneous cover on Castagnoli. Romero, JTG and Burke do so, placing their hands on Castagnoli for an attempted pin.
1…2…3!

Buffer – Claudio Castagnoli has been pinned! There are 21 minutes remaining!

Claudio Castagnoli – 0 Wins
Rocky Romero – 1 Win
JTG – 1 Win
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Castagnoli is rolled out of the ring, trying to recover. The match reverts back to normal, as JTG and Rocky Romero are in the ring. Elijah Burke stands on the apron. Romero and JTG lock up quickly. Romero quickly grabs onto the arm of JTG in a wristlock. J fights out of it, whipping Romero off of the ropes. JTG takes Rocky down with a big hip toss. Romero is seated, holding his back. JTG follows up with a big dropkick to Romero’s back. JTG beats his chest in excitement. Romero starts to get up slowly, and JTG brings a couple of punches to him. Romero is hooked in for a suplex, but he pushes out of it. Romero turns and lunges to his corner. He gets the tag to Elijah Burke. Burke comes in firing, running straight at the Vulture Squad member. Burke takes him down with a running forearm. Burke is bouncing on his toes, waiting for JTG to get back up. Once J does, Burke comes off of the ropes. JTG jumps up quickly, bringing Burke down with a dropkick. JTG makes a pin attempt. 1…2… Burke is saved by Rocky Romero, who breaks up the pin attempt.

JTG stands back up, and comes face to face with Rocky Romero. Romero whips JTG hard into a set of turnbuckles. Romero runs towards the corner. JTG goes back to the middle of the ring with a dive roll, making Romero fall out of the ring, missing his attack. JTG sees Elijah Burke coming off of the ropes, with his knees exposed. JTG sidesteps, avoiding Burke’s sneaky attack. JTG still is prone, and the aware Burke brings him down to the mat with a backslide pin attempt. 1…2… J kicks out. Both men get back up to their feet, and they start to exchange stiff punches. Burke gets the advantage with his stiff punches. He attempts a big uppercut, but JTG shuffles out of the way. J kicks Burke in the stomach. He comes off of the ropes, and delivers a hard clothesline onto Burke. Rocky Romero is standing on the apron, and JTG takes him back down to the floor quickly. In the center of the ring, Elijah Burke is standing up. Burke grabs JTG from behind, having him held firmly. Burke calls for the Elijah Experience. JTG rolls through, and catches Elijah in a surprising rollup pin.
1…2…3!

Buffer – Elijah Burke has been pinned! There are 14 minutes remaining in the match!

Claudio Castagnoli –
0 Wins
Rocky Romero – 1 Win
JTG – 2 Wins
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Elijah Burke looks shocked after his loss. He’s asking the ref to take the 3 count back, but the call stands. Looking for a breather, JTG tags in the finally recovered Claudio Castagnoli. Claudio comes in, and Burke tries to run away. Claudio grabs Burke by the braids. Burke is hit with a European Uppercut. The fans let out a “Hey” but Castagnoli yells at them to shut up. Burke comes back at Claudio with his own standard uppercut. Burke continues with more punches, making the big man weak. Burke hooks Claudio in, delivering with a quick DDT. Elijah jumps up, following up with a big knee drop. He makes the cover. 1…2… JTG breaks the cover up. JTG punches at Burke until he’s forced out of the ring by the referee. This gives the Swiss Money Maker time to stand up. Castagnoli tries to take Burke down with a German Suplex. Elijah lands on his feet, and Claudio senses it. He comes off of the ropes. While Burke is regaining his equilibrium, he’s taken down with a vicious Bicycle Kick from Claudio Castagnoli. JTG rushes into the ring, and he eats a huge European Uppercut. Castagnoli throws JTG over the top rope.

Castagnoli looks like he’s on fire now. Rocky Romero comes into the ring, trying to at least stop the big man. Romero kicks Castagnoli in the leg hard, but Claudio seems unfazed by it. He slaps the taste out of Romero’s face. Castagnoli puts Romero on his shoulders. Double C takes Rocky down quickly with the Alpamare Waterslide! Elijah Burke is standing groggily against the ropes. Claudio tries to reel him in for the kill. Burke walks to Claudio, and takes a half assed swing at him. Castagnoli catches the arm. He pulls Burke in for the Ricola Bomb. Castagnoli tells the fans to be quiet again after they yell the name of the move. Elijah is pulled up by Castagnoli. He’s taken down with authority, and Castagnoli throws Burke ONTO Romero with the Ricola Bomb. Claudio Castagnoli makes the cover on both of his injured opponents.
1…2…3!

Buffer – Elijah Burke and Rocky Romero have been pinned! There are 8 minutes remaining in the match!

Claudio Castagnoli –
2 Wins
Rocky Romero – 1 Win
JTG – 2 Wins
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Claudio Castagnoli calls for someone to step up and challenge him. He goes to the outside. Double C throws the semi-recovered JTG into the ring. Castagnoli climbs up onto the middle rope, and walks. He shuffles to the middle of the ring, while standing on the second rope. Castagnoli taunts the fans before attempting the Elbow from the Alps. Claudio flies, but he misses when JTG rolls out of the way. Claudio is on his knees, holding the elbow that just hit the mat. JTG is back up on his feet, and he goes up to the top rope quickly. Claudio starts to get up, and JTG flies to him. J attempts a flying clothesline, but Claudio moves out of the way. JTG rolls through to minimize the damage, and he’s standing back up quickly, but in the corner. JTG turns around, and sees Claudio running towards him. Claudio delivers a running uppercut to the cornered J. Double C throws JTG to the mat in a seated position. Castagnoli climbs up to the second rope, coming off quickly. Claudio delivers a flying European Uppercut, to the neck of JTG. Claudio stands up, calling for the finish of the Vulture Squad member.

Claudio brings JTG back up, signaling another European Uppercut. Castagnoli tries to throw JTG into the air for the super European Uppercut, but JTG blocks it. He’s able to take Double C down quick with a quick bulldog. JTG makes the tag to Rocky Romero, who is finally recovered. Romero comes into the ring over the top rope. Rocky uses his whole body to take Claudio down with a missile dropkick. Castagnoli is still standing though, but leaning against the ropes. Romero jumps up, and takes Castagnoli off of his feet with a hurracanrana. Castagnoli is in a seated position, holding his head. Romero calls for the kill on Claudio Castagnoli. He delivers the Knockout Roundhouse Kick to the seated Claudio. Romero takes Elijah Burke and JTG off of the apron before he covers Claudio. Castagnoli is standing back up. He’s still in some major pain, holding his head while looking out of it. Romero grabs him from behind, hooking both of his arms. Rocky Romero takes the big man down with a huge Tiger Suplex! He bridges over into a pin attempt.
1…2…3!

Buffer – Claudio Castagnoli has been pinned! There are two minutes remaining!

Claudio Castagnoli –
2 Wins
Rocky Romero – 2 Wins
JTG – 2 Wins
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Romero is still a little tired after lifting the much larger Claudio Castagnoli. Elijah Burke is balancing himself on a rope, ready to take down Rocky Romero. Romero turns around, and sees Elijah Burke on the top rope. Out of desperation, he shakes the top rope. This takes Burke’s balance off, crotching him on the top turnbuckle. Romero runs to the corner, and jumps to the middle rope. He cracks Burke in the mouth with a big knee lift. Romero has Burke held. Rocky flies off of the top rope with the Flying Armbar! Burke hits the mat hard, and he taps out immediately.

Buffer – Elijah Burke has tapped out! There are 30 seconds remaining in the match!

Claudio Castagnoli –
2 Wins
Rocky Romero – 3 Wins
JTG – 2 Wins
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Claudio Castagnoli and JTG slide into the ring, trying to get their third pin to tie Rocky Romero. JTG and Castagnoli fight each other for an attack of Romero. There are 15 seconds left in the match. Castagnoli finally pushes JTG out of the way, and peppers Romero with an Uppercut. Claudio calls for the Ricola Bomb. He performs the move swiftly, making a cover on Romero.

*Bell Rings*

Final Standings

Claudio Castagnoli – 2 Wins
Rocky Romero – 3 Wins
JTG – 2 Wins
Elijah Burke – 1 Win

Buffer – Here is your winner, Rocky Romero! He and Davey Richards will now receive a PRIDE Tag Team Title shot at Breakout.

Malenko – Rocky Romero looked impressive with that win just now. He really showed what he can do.
Masters – All he can do is kick people. But that’s pretty good, because kicks hurt. Bad.
Simon – He and Davey Richards have a big chance at becoming PRIDE Tag Champs at Breakout. We still have one more melee match for tonight, and the next team receiving title shots will be named there.
Malenko – But first, we have to go backstage, where Kevin Steen & El Generico have something to say.

The PRIDE backstage interview area is shown. Kevin Steen is seen standing with El Generico right next to him. Mr. Wrestling begins to speak.

Kevin_Steen6.jpg
El_Generico8.jpg

Steen – Pro Wrestling PRIDE viewers, I have some bad news for you. Mr. Wrestling, Kevin Steen, and the Generic Luchadore, El Generico, won’t be receiving any title shots this month. I know that all of you are shedding tears over your computers now, but there still is hope. Even without a title shot, you’ll still see the hottest tag team in the world in action on MTV, at Breakout. Jeez, that sounds like an acne commercial. I don’t know how Steamboat’s going to market a show called Breakout.

Generico –
Sí, yo no se también.

Steen –
We’ve been looking at the competition around here. We’ve seen lots of great tag teams, and some that are just horrible. Last week you saw that we could beat any team around, even if they’re not even part of this company. I’m not going to name any names, but some just need to stop dancing. RO-COUGH-CKY-COUGH-ROMERO-COUGH there are a couple of teams that-

Steen is cut off. Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke come into view, staring at Steen & Generico.

Elijah_Burke7.jpg
Shelton_Benjamin24.jpg

Burke –
Wait, you two are calling yourself the hottest tag team in the world? A white Mexican and a couch potato are calling themselves better than me and Shelton? I’m sorry, but this isn’t a crappy backyard fed boys. Just because you beat two dummies last week doesn’t give you the right to say that you’re better than us.

Steen –
Whoa, hold up man. We’ve been around the world, and beaten every single team that they’ve thrown our way. What have you two done?

Benjamin –
We actually look good when we’re in the ring, and we’re not slobs like you two are. And I was a champion of a belt that actually mattered.

Steen –
Wow, tell me when a stupid curtain jerker belt mattered? Remember, it’s the same belt that the Italian Stallion won. What a history, right? And Elijah, great job in the ring just now. You really proved your point in saying that you’re a great tag team by losing in a match. You won’t even get a title shot!

Burke –
At least we actually made it somewhere. We can sell tickets just because our name is on the card. And I actually was in a melee match. They didn’t even think about you when planning the match.

Steen –
So what if I wasn’t in the melee match? I wasn’t embarrassed like you. And who cares about how much money you made in the WWE? If you really want to prove how much you two are worth, let’s settle it in the ring. Can you challenge that?

Burke –
Oh, you’ve got your challenge big boy. But be careful what you wish for, because when we meet in the ring, there’s going to be 4 knuckles upside your head. Oh, and for your Mexican friend, Comprendes?

Generico –
Sí.

Ricky Steamboat comes walking into the interview area. He separates the two clashing teams.

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat –
Well, you two asked for a challenge. That’s exactly what I was looking for as a match on Breakout. A showcase to two of the best teams we have. You two can settle it in the ring like you wanted.

Kevin Steen has a smirk on his face as he walks away with El Generico.

--------------------INTERMISSION--------------------

Prince Nana is seen backstage. He’s standing next to Jimmy Rave, who has an angry expression on his face. Nana begins to speak.

Prince_Nana4.jpg
Jimmy_Rave6.jpg

Nana –
Last week, something was stolen from us! That stupid gangster Homicide took away from my man, Jimmy Rave, his Pro Wrestling PRIDE International Title. He was so close to winning that match, but it was taken away. He took Jimmy out of the ring, and both of them lost because of a count out. I am not at all pleased with that, and I will never, ever see that again. The next time the crown jewel of the Embassy gets a title shot, I will make sure that there are no homies or gangsters standing around the ring. That way, we won’t be able to have the same thing happen all over again.

Rave
– Last week, I was so close to becoming International Champion. I tasted the gold, and I was already picturing it around my waist. But Homicide had to take it away from me. What I worked so hard for in the match was lost. So Homicide will feel the effects very soon, because if he messes with the Embassy, he’ll be taken out. All of you know that I beat Homicide at Exodus. The same thing will happen again, next time I lay hands on him.

Nana –
We already have our sites set on our next goal. That is to take out Homicide, and take all of the homie gangsters out of Pro Wrestling PRIDE forever. So we want to make a challenge to Homicide. The Embassy wants them to quit. They can go back to the streets and continue doing all the illegal things they do. They just have to leave here, and we will be happy. Our goal is to-

Homicide comes from out of the background, and tackles Nana. Hernandez comes into view, and throws Jimmy Rave into a wall. Homicide grabs the microphone and begins to speak.

Homicide –
All that Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana said were just lies, a bunch of bullshit! They were the ones that cost me the PRIDE International Title. If it wasn’t for them, I would be Champion, not Jimmy Rave or Austin Aries. So let’s do this thing one more time. Jimmy Rave, he might have beaten me at Exodus, but he didn’t play by the rules. He cheated his way to a win, and if he was on the streets, he would be gone. So Prince Nana, I accept your challenge. I’ll take on Jimmy Rave, and I’ll beat him. Because that’s just how the Notorious 187 do. The Embassy won’t be royal no more after I finish up with those punk ass bitches. And all the fans will see me kick their asses, and show them how it’s done where I’m from, Bed-Stuy, Do or Die. SST Represent, yeah, yeah, yeah! BRRRRRAAAAATTTT!

Ricky Steamboat runs in, looking at the damage done to both men. The PRIDE Commissioner speaks.

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat –
Both of you, Rave & Homicide, really can’t keep your problems in the ring. I know that both of you guys are dying to meet again in a match one more time. So at Breakout, it’s going to be Jimmy Rave taking on Homicide. And to keep a gang war from breaking out, that match will be in a STEEL CAGE! Are you happy now?

The middle of the ring is shown.

Buffer – The following contest is a singles match scheduled for one fall! It is contested under a 30 minute time limit!

The Haunted plays to boos from the crowd. Harry Smith, Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black appear on the entrance stage. They walk to the ring, mocking the fans. All 3 AOTF members get into the ring. Jacobs has a microphone in hand and begins to speak.

AOTF-1.jpg

Jacobs –
We know there’s a score to settle right now, we know that there are things that must be done for our Revolution to stand strong. Tonight, we’re going to begin our individual annihilation of the Murder City Machine Guns. We’ll make them realize the mistakes they’ve made, and make them realize that the only way to be saved is to follow the Age of The Fall. Money won’t save them, and being on television won’t save their careers and their well being either. Our Revolution will show them the way to live, the way to think, and the way to become the best. This campaign is going to start tonight, and we’re going to use our in ring prowess to convince them. We’re going to start it off with the youngest, most exciting man in wrestling today. Tyler Black will get in the ring to help spread our Revolution.

Black –
I’m ashamed to say it, but I actually followed the career of all three members of the Murder City Machine Guns. Their styles were so unique, and so awe-inspiring, I tried to model my moves, my wrestling style after them. But then, I realized something very important. They didn’t care about wrestling, and they didn’t care at all about the fans. They sold themselves out for money. They much rather would have had a big paycheck instead of having a good match. Our Revolution with the AOTF is trying to fight that. We’re trying to show all of you fans that the Murder City Machine Guns are wrong. Yet all of you cheer for them every single time they appear on your TV Screen or get into the arena. I’m ashamed to see that, because our Revolution will try to make all of you realize your wrongs, just like I did when I joined the Age of The Fall. So if you can’t listen to the truths we’re saying, we’re going to have to show you in the ring exactly what our Revolution can offer to every single one of you.

Smith –
The Murder City Machine Guns can kiss up to you fans as much as they want, but all they’re asking for is for you to support them so they could get more money. They’re using you like a doll. I’m hoping all of you realize that.

Jacobs –
There is no need for us to talk anymore. We need to start things off, and let the word of The Fall spread to all of you once again. So without further ado, let me introduce Chris Sabin & the Murder City Machine Guns!

Six Barrel Shotgun plays to a raucous reaction from the crowd. Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley & Jay Lethal appear on the entrance ramp, and they rush to the ring. They slide into the ring, and come face to face with the members of the Age of The Fall. The two look like they’re about to brawl. Pro Wrestling PRIDE security comes into the ring to stop the two groups before something happens. Ricky Steamboat appears on the entrance stage.

Ricky_Steamboat2.jpg

Steamboat – To stop anything from happening, members of both the Murder City Machine Guns and the Age of The Fall are banned from ringside. I don’t want to see anymore interference with the Age of The Fall. You already have your match at Breakout, so let this match play out on its own.

Jacobs, Smith, Lethal and Sabin are pulled backstage by the PRIDE Security. The match between Chris Sabin and Tyler Black begins.

SabinvsBlack.jpg

Singles Match
Murder City Machine Guns vs Age of The Fall

*Bell Rings*

Sabin and Black stare at each other in the middle of the ring. Black starts to talk to Sabin, telling him about the Revolution, and why he’s going to be beat. Black pushes Sabin backwards. Chris tries to come back, but the two opponents get locked up. The two are at a draw, with neither man backing down. Black holds Sabin in a headlock now. Sabin walks over to the corner, still held in the headlock. Chris frees himself from Black’s headlock by pushing Tyler into the turnbuckle chest first. Sabin throws Black to the mat with a quick arm wringer. Black is in a seated position, and Sabin flips forward with a flipping jawbreaker. Black is laid out on the mat now, and Sabin drops his leg on the throat of Black. He makes a cover. 1…2… Black kicks out. Both men get up to their feet. Sabin comes off of the ropes. Tyler Black takes him down with a nice arm drag. Sabin stands back up, and sees Tyler Black coming off of the ropes. Black is taken down with an arm drag. Both men stand up after the arm drags. They stare at each other, in a fighting position, showing a draw.

After staring at each other for a couple of seconds, Tyler Black kicks Sabin in the midsection. Black locks Chris in a side headlock. Sabin quickly reverses it into a wristlock. Sabin uses Black’s arm to bring him down and throw him with a monkey flip. Black hits the mat, but he quickly gets back up. Sabin tries to throw him to the turnbuckle now, but it’s reversed. Chris goes running to the corner, with Tyler following quickly behind him. Sabin jumps up onto the middle rope to prevent from hitting the turnbuckles. Black tries to hit Sabin, but he jumps over and back to the middle of the ring. This causes Tyler to hit the turnbuckles chest first. Sabin turns Black around, and chops right at his chest. Black yells in pain, his chest being lit up. Sabin goes to the other corner, pointing to Black with a gun, signaling a big move. Sabin runs at full speed to the corner. Sabin almost reaches the corner, but Tyler Black charges, taking him out with a spear. The two collided violently, and both look pretty shaken up after the move. Tyler Black makes a cover. 1…2… Sabin kicks out, to the dismay of AOTF member Tyler Black.

Black is back up now, and stretching his arms out. Sabin is on a knee, holding his ribs after the brutal spear. Tyler Black delivers a clubbing blow to Sabin’s back. Black delivers another blow to Sabin’s back. It causes Sabin to lean against the ropes. Black chops Sabin a couple of times before backing up. Tyler charges towards Sabin. Black spills out of the ring because Sabin pulled the top rope down. Black is lying on the outside, looking pretty shocked. Sabin recovers for a couple of seconds before readying himself for a dive. Black is back up, and Sabin comes off of the ropes. Tyler smartly moves out of the way, but Sabin was able to stop himself before diving out of the ring. Black moves to the other side of the ringside area. Sabin follows, rebounding off of the middle rope. Chris Sabin flies to the outside by delivering a beautiful body press to Tyler Black on the outside! Chris Sabin stands up, looking excited. He makes the Machine Gun symbol, as the fans are chanting his name. Sabin goes back inside the ring. He waits and watches the referee as he counts Tyler Black out.

After a count of about 5, Tyler Black slides back into the ring. Chris Sabin gives him time to stand up. Sabin quickly hooks Black and throws him over with a Northern Lights Suplex. Sabin bridges it over back to his feet. He tries another suplex, but Black reverses it into a knee lift. Sabin is holding his face and Black comes off of the ropes. Tyler brings a brutal kick to the side of Sabin’s face. Tyler Black hooks Sabin in, calling for the finish pretty early. He holds Chris for the Small Package Driver. Sabin is able to block though, and counters by grabbing Black’s arm and putting it into a hammerlock. Sabin transitions the hammerlock into a dropkick to the back of the head. Sabin comes off of the ropes now, trying to take Black off of his feet. Sabin tries a running leg lariat to Tyler, but Black turns around and catches him. Black puts Sabin in position for a powerbomb. Sabin tries fighting back, but there’s no use. Tyler throws Chris Sabin hard into a set of turnbuckles. Sabin’s head hits the turnbuckle with whiplash. He’s now in a seated position, looking pretty dazed.

Tyler Black is standing in the other corner currently, stomping the mat. Black jumps up, ready for a strike onto Sabin. Black runs to the corner, and uses the ropes to give him momentum. Black delivers a wild dropkick to the seated Chris Sabin. Black jumps up and lets out a yell, in eager excitement. He goes up to the top turnbuckle, facing the crowd. He has a hard time balancing himself, and also yells at the fans while atop the turnbuckles. Sabin is back up after a couple of moments. Sabin dropkicks the legs of Black, knocking him off of his feet. Black falls into a tree of woe, hanging upside down on the turnbuckles. Sabin tries to get the fans into the match, as he slaps a turnbuckle pad. Sabin charges at full speed towards the corner. He hits the Hesitation Dropkick perfectly onto Tyler Black’s face. Sabin looks pumped up, and waits for Tyler Black to make his next move. Black is back standing shortly, but Sabin is charging right at him. Sabin takes Black down with a beautiful hurracanrana. Sabin follows by jumping onto the second turnbuckle. He flies off quickly, dropping his leg right onto the throat of Tyler Black.

Sabin is holding his hands up in the air, waiting for Tyler Black to rise to his feet. Sabin has to pull Black back up. Chris puts Black on his shoulders, going for the Cradle Shock. Black fights out of it, and lands back on his feet. Sabin is powered down shockingly to the mat with a back suplex from Tyler. Coming off of the ropes, Black uses a springboard to attempt a Lionsault. Sabin rolls out of the way, but Black luckily lands on his feet. Black is still finding his balance, and is hit with an enziguiri from Sabin. Black is about to fall, but Chris holds his head, and goes to the corner. Sabin propels off of the second rope, and powers Tyler Black down with a perfect Tornado DDT. Sabin makes the cover. 1…2… Black kicks out, and Sabin can’t believe it. He breathes heavily, trying to catch his breath in the dull moments. Sabin stands back up, and brings Black back up with him. Sabin tries to go for the kill once more, hooking him for a Fisherman Buster. Black breaks Sabin’s hold, and whips him off of the ropes. Sabin tries to avoid Tyler Black, but Black grabs him, and takes him down with a Reverse STO.

Tyler Black is standing up, calling for the finish. He jumps up onto the top rope, and is about to attempt his Phoenix Splash. He jumps off, flipping and rotating through the air. Black crashes and burns after Sabin moves out of the way. Sabin gets up shortly, but still looks a little hurt. He brings Black to his feet, and calls for the Cradle Shock. He picks him up, and powers Black to the mat with the Cradle Shock! Sabin makes the cover.
1…2…
Black kicks out somehow! Sabin can’t believe it, and he looks in utter amazement. Sabin turns his attention back to Black, and tries to finish him off once more. Sabin has Black back up, and sets up the Cradle Shock again. Sabin is about to throw him down again, but Black elbows Sabin in the side of the head. Tyler frees himself, landing on his knees. Black stuns Sabin with a quick enziguiri. Sabin is in shock, barely able to stand. Black reels him in, signaling the end for the MCMG member. Tyler Black lifts Sabin up, and delivers the Small Package Driver! Black makes the cover, hooking the leg.
1….2…3!

*Bell Rings*

Buffer – Here is your winner, Tyler Black!

Malenko – As much as I hate to say it, Tyler Black is nothing short of amazing in that ring. If only he broke out of the Age of The Fall, he could be championship material.
Masters – If he got the eyeliner out of his eyes, he’d actually be able to see what he’s doing too.
Simon – This definitely will have Jimmy Jacobs talking for a while now. He’s going to rub it in the Guns’ face as much as he can.
Malenko – That’s really what they’re trying to do. It’s all mind games, and Jacobs has mastered it.
Simon – Speaking of mind games, none other than the Nature Boy is backstage, and he’s getting Bryan Danielson ready for his match later tonight.

A locker room is shown, where Bryan Danielson is seen stretching out. Ric Flair is sitting in a chair, smoking a cigar. Flair starts to talk to Danielson.

TheApex.jpg

Flair –
Bryan, I know that you’re excited about your first match here in Pro Wrestling PRIDE. But let me tell you something first.

Danielson – What is it, Naitch?

Flair –
You don’t need to care about the fans. If they boo you, that’s fine, that’s what you want to happen. They’re jealous of you, Bryan. Don’t ever let someone say anything different. You’re the Best in the World, so don’t let those fat slobs try to bring you down. You don’t need to impress them either, just do what you have to do. Just WIN.

Danielson –
That’s it? No pre-match talk or other advice? I know that you’ve got something else to say boss. So what should I do against Samoa Joe? You’ve encountered your fair share of big overweight guys in the ring before, how the hell do I stop him?

Flair –
Don’t let the fat boy breathe. Take his air out. Make him wrestle at your pace. And if you can, mess with his head. That’s what I did, and I’m a 16 time World Champion. Make Samoa Joe work, and kill him if you can. That way, you can become PRIDE Champion easily. And if your own partner, CM Punk gets in your way, do this. Take him out too. Don’t let anyone get in your way. Kick as much as you can out of the way to do your job. You can make both of them tap this week if you want. Both of them can’t beat you. As a matter of fact, they can’t even touch you! You don’t need to be distracted Bryan, because I’ll do what I can to mess with both Joe and Punk’s heads.

Danielson –
Sounds like a great plan, Flair. But after I win, what the hell are we going to do after the show is over.

Flair –
We’re going to the club. You’ve never experienced a party Nature Boy style. So make your match quick Bryan, because all the women and all the booze is waiting for you, they’re calling your name. All you have to do is pick up a win, Danielson. That’s the easiest part of tonight. The rest will be a night you’ll never, ever forget. And I don’t lie, so believe that.

Danielson –
I’ll win easy, don’t worry about it. But are the girls at the club good looking?

Flair –
Wooo!

Buffer – The following contest is the second Pro Wrestling PRIDE Melee Match! It is for a shot at the PRIDE Tag Team Titles, and is contested under a 25 minute time limit!

“Gangsta Zone” plays through the speakers. Hernandez steps through the curtain, receiving a mixed reaction from the crowd. The big man walks to the ring.

Buffer – First, from Houston, Texas, Hernandez!

“Kickstart My Heart” blasts through the venue, and the guitars start to kick in. Lance Hoyt holds his hands up on the entrance stage, and walks to the ring.

Buffer – From Dallas, Texas, Lance Hoyt!

“Copa Cabana” plays to a big reaction from the crowd. Colt Cabana dances onto the entrance ramp, and walks down the aisle, with a big smile on his face.

Buffer – Next, from Chicago, Illinois, Colt Cabana!

After “We Need a Hero” plays shortly, “Lux Aeterna” blasts through the speakers. Chris Hero appears on the entrance ramp, walking to the ring, mocking the crowd. He has his title belt around his waist.

Buffer – Finally, from Metropolis, he is one half of the PRIDE Tag Team Champions, Chris Hero!

Melee-Hero-Hoyt-Colt-Hernandez.jpg

PRIDE Melee Match – 25 Minute Time Limit
PRIDE Tag Team Title Shots
Chris Hero© vs Colt Cabana vs Hernandez vs Lance Hoyt

*Bell Rings*

Chris Hero rolls out of the ring immediately, to avoid getting attacked. Colt Cabana, Lance Hoyt and Hernandez pummel each other, with Chris Hero looking on from the outside. Big Hernandez is thrown out of the ring by Cabana and Hoyt’s teamwork. Hoyt and Cabana turn to each other, and start to exchange shots. Hoyt takes the quick advantage, whipping Cabana to a turnbuckle. Hoyt runs towards the corner, but Cabana rolls out of the way. Hoyt is slapped by Chris Hero, signaling a tag. Hoyt is forced out of the ring, and Hero comes in. Colt Cabana is standing in the center of the ring, offering a test of strength to Chris Hero. Hero accepts, and the two lock up. Cabana slides under the legs of Hero while still joined in the lock. This flips Hero over and down to the mat. Chris stands up quickly, and looks frustrated. Hero lunges towards Cabana, but he’s tripped to the mat. Hero is rolled up in a quick pin attempt. 1…2… Hero gets his shoulder up, and looks angrier. Cabana goes for another rollup. 1…2… Hero kicks out again. Chris Hero is pounding the mat and cursing, very frustrated with Colt Cabana.

Chris Hero grabs Colt Cabana from behind. Hero starts to pummel him with strikes, taking him down to the mat. Hero is starting to stomp on Cabana, which causes Classic Colt to roll out of the ring. Hero stands up, his mood changed. Hero runs to the ropes, for what looks like a dive. He jumps on the top rope, but flips backwards back into the ring. Hero does quick lunges, showing his athletic ability. Hero turns around to only see Big Hernandez right behind him. Hernandez brings some quick forearms to Hero, and whips him off of the ropes. Hernandez takes Chris down with a huge hip toss. Hernandez drops an elbow to follow up, followed by a pin. 1…2… Hero kicks out. Hernandez grabs Hero in a tight waistlock. Hero is reaching for a corner, trying to get free. He fights back to his feet, still in the hold. Hernandez is just too strong for Hero, and the two barely move. Hero tries to elbow out of the submission, but it’s unsuccessful. Chris Hero desperately looks for another way out. He thrusts his leg backward, hitting Hernandez in between the legs. Hero tags in Lance Hoyt.

The two largest men in the match, Lance Hoyt and Hernandez, stand face to face. Hernandez strikes first, putting Hoyt on weak legs. Hernandez comes off of the ropes to take Hoyt to the mat. Hoyt stops Hernandez though, and takes him down with a back elbow. Hernandez gets up shortly, but he’s whipped off of the ropes. Hoyt is able to take his opponent to the mat with a sidewalk slam. Hoyt holds the horns up, looking ready to inflict more damage on Hernandez. Hoyt takes the standing Hotstuff in for a suplex. Hernandez blocks it, and powers his way to his own suplex. Hernandez makes the cover. 1…2… Hoyt is able to kick out. The two men get back up to their feet. Hernandez tries to put Hoyt on his shoulders, but it fails with a counter from Lance. Colt Cabana reaches out and makes the tag to Hoyt. Cabana comes in, looking a little hesitant. Hernandez motions for a challenge. Cabana says something in Spanglish, and Hernandez doesn’t look all that impressed. Hernandez tries to take Cabana out with a back body drop, but Cabana is able to block.

Hernandez grabs Cabana, who looked like he was going to run away. Hernandez delivers a big overhand chop to Cabana’s chest. Cabana grimaces in pain and says “that’s a big Mexican hand.” Hernandez kicks Colt straight in the gut. Hernandez hooks him in for a powerbomb. Cabana is able to fight out and sweep Hernandez off of his feet. Cabana bridges over into a Jackknife pin attempt. 1…2… Hernandez kicks out easily, getting up in no time. Hernandez comes off of the ropes quickly before Cabana gets up. Chris Hero slaps Hotstuff in the back as he comes off of the ropes. Hernandez takes Cabana down with a flying forearm, but he has to exit the ring. Chris Hero is standing on the top rope, facing the crowd. He performs a backflip off of the ropes into the ring, and flexes his muscles. Cabana is just starting to get up, but he’s immobilized by a signature Cravate from Chris Hero. Cabana counters it into a wristlock quickly. Hero isn’t impressed and elbows out of it. He locks in the Cravate again. To prevent a reversal, Hero takes Colt Cabana down with a Cravate Suplex.

Hero starts stomping on Colt, yelling at him. Hero tries to lock in a submission, but Lance Hoyt comes into the ring, knocking Hero off of his game with a brutal big boot. Chris Hero falls to a corner, where he holds his head. Cabana gets back up, and is joined by Lance Hoyt. Colt charges at the corner first, delivering double knees. Hoyt runs after Cabana’s attack, trying to weaken the tag champ further. Hero moves out of the way, but falls to the mat, in obvious pain. Hoyt kicks the turnbuckle. He exits the ring by command of the referee. Cabana is catching his breath after finally getting back on offense. Hero is starting to stand up, and goes over to Cabana. Hero throws Cabana hard into a corner. Colt hits the turnbuckles hard, hitting them chest first. Hernandez slaps Colt Cabana for the tag. He stands on the middle of the apron, waiting for Hero to turn around. That Young Knockout Kid turns around, and sees Big Hernandez flying at him. Hero is taken to the mat by Hernandez, who delivers with a slingshot shoulder block. Hernandez stands and beats his hand across his chest in excitement.

Hernandez waits for Hero to stand back up. Chris is back on his feet. The big man walks to him, weakening him first with chops. Hernandez has Hero held in a gutwrench hold. Hero is put on Hotstuff’s shoulders, about to get dropped down. Hero is able to get back to his feet. Hero slaps Hernandez in the back. The big man turns around, looking angry. Hero spins around to hit a Rolling Elbow. Hernandez falls flat to the mat. Hero makes the cover. 1…2… Colt Cabana breaks up the cover. Hero stands up, and looks ridiculously angry at Classic Colt. Hero delivers a forearm to him, holding Cabana by the singlet. Hero throws Cabana out of the ring, using Cabana’s body to also knock Hoyt to the floor as well. Hero turns around and sees Hernandez standing right next to him. Hernandez kicks Hero in the corner, and sets up the Border Toss. Hero is thrown by Hernandez, but he somehow contorts his body and lands on his feet. Hotstuff looks shocked, and charges at Hero. Chris stops him with a palm strike to the throat. Hernandez looks weakened, and the Young Knockout Kid grabs the big man. He drops him down with the Hero’s Welcome! Hero makes the cover.
1…2…3!

Buffer – Hernandez has been pinned! There are 7 minutes left in the match!

Chris Hero –
1 Win
Lance Hoyt – 0 Wins
Hernandez – 0 Wins
Colt Cabana – 0 Wins

Chris Hero is standing in the ring, with his hands held high in the air. He waits for someone to enter the ring. Hoyt comes in to replace the hurt Hernandez. Hero tells Big Lance to stop. Hero starts doing some jumping jacks, and does a cartwheel. Lance Hoyt doesn’t look impressed, and grabs Hero. He has Hero held by the throat, for what possibly could be a chokeslam. Hero kicks Hoyt in the midsection to avoid it. Hero pulls Hoyt, backing up into a corner. Chris climbs up to the second rope, grabbing Lance’s head in a Cravate. Hero signals for the finish. He’s stopped with Lance Hoyt elbowing the cocky Tag Team Champion in the midsection. Hero is seated on the top rope now, holding his gut. Hoyt grabs Hero by the arms, holding him in the air. Hoyt could be going for a reverse crucifix powerbomb, and he’s walking to the middle of the ring. Hero holds onto the ropes with his legs. He frees his arms, kicking Hoyt in the back. Hero jumps off of the turnbuckle, delivering an elbow to the back of Hoyt’s head. Hero doesn’t want anymore of Hoyt, and makes the tag out to Colt Cabana.

Cabana gets into the ring. He charges at Hoyt, but slides through his legs. Hoyt looks surprised and turns around. Cabana sends a couple of jabs to Hoyt. Colt winds up and delivers a big haymaker to Hoyt. Chris Hero comes into the ring, and Cabana takes him down and out of the ring with a bionic elbow. Hernandez follows, trying to prevent Hoyt from getting pinned. Cabana turns around and jumps up. He takes Hernandez down with a hurracanrana. Cabana looks excited, and waits for Lance Hoyt to turn around. Cabana whips Hoyt off of the ropes. Cabana rolls through, and locks in the Chicago Crab! Hoyt is in too much pain. He can’t reach out to a rope. Hoyt is yelling in pain, but the other two participants in the match are hurt. Lance Hoyt taps out!

Buffer – Lance Hoyt has tapped out! There are 20 seconds left in the match!

Chris Hero –
1 Win
Lance Hoyt – 0 Wins
Hernandez – 0 Wins
Colt Cabana – 1 Win

Chris Hero goes back into the ring, trying to pick up the winning pinfall. He peppers Cabana with forearms. Hero lets out a yell, signaling for his victory. He spins around, and connects with a roaring forearm! Hero nods to the crowd, and does some lunges. He then follows up with a pin, but the bell rings.

*Bell Rings*

Buffer – Colt Cabana and Chris Hero are tied! They will now have a sudden death playoff to determine the winner of the match!

HerovsCabana.jpg

Sudden Death

One Fall
Chris Hero© vs Colt Cabana

*Bell Rings*

Chris Hero and Colt Cabana immediately start to brawl. Hero uses his strikes to corner Colt Cabana. Hero sets Cabana up on the top rope, slapping him on the chest. Hero grabs Colt’s head with a Cravate. Hero tells the fans that Cabana will be done. Hero flips Cabana over and to the mat with the Cravate-O-Clasm! Hero makes the cover. 1…2… Cabana kicks out! Hero does not believe it, and is speechless. He slaps the grounded Cabana in the chest. Hero brings Cabana up to his feet, and yells, signaling for the Hero’s Welcome. Chris is about to hit it, but Cabana reverses! He brings knees to Hero’s midsection. Cabana can’t continue, as his body is in too much pain. Hero grabs Cabana again, calling for the finish once again. Hero connects with the Hero’s Welcome on Cabana! Hero makes the cover again, counting with the referee. 1…2… Cabana got his foot on the bottom rope! Hero can’t believe it, and he’s cursing loudly. Hero is obviously frustrated, and he kicks the bottom rope. Hero makes the cover again, making sure the ref counts correctly. 1…2… Cabana got his shoulder up, and Hero still is in a state of shock.

Hero brings Cabana back up again. Hero signals for the Championship Edition of the Hero’s Welcome. Cabana brings an elbow to Hero’s midsection. Chris is stunned by this, and is winded. Cabana looks like he’s getting his wind back, and elbows the top of Hero’s head. Hero is getting weaker by the second. Cabana pulls Hero in for the Colt 45. Hero battles out of it, pushing Cabana backwards. The Young Knockout Kid throws Cabana to a corner. Cabana’s back hits the turnbuckle forcefully. Hero looks like he’s going for a strike, as he taps his elbow. Hero runs to the corner at full speed. Cabana slides through Hero’s legs. Hero hits the turnbuckles hard. Cabana brings the stunned Hero down with a schoolboy rollup.
1…2…3!

*Bell Rings*

Buffer – Here is your winner, Colt Cabana! He and Ace Steel will now receive a Pro Wrestling PRIDE Tag Team title shot at Breakout.

Simon – That was a battle. Colt Cabana barely got the win there.
Malenko – He pinned Chris Hero just now. Hero does not look pleased about that, because he was close to finishing off the match until Colt Cabana got a win with 30 seconds left.
Masters – Hero & Castagnoli will still win at Breakout, and you know it.
Simon – I wouldn’t think so, the odds are stacked against them now with a big 4 Way match planned.
Masters – They still won in the same kind of match at Exodus. They still won. But now, the awesomeness that is Larry Sweeney is backstage.

Larry Sweeney is seen strutting around the PRIDE backstage area. He says hello to a couple of backstage people. He stops at a locker room door. He kicks the door open like a badass. Sweet & Sour walks into the locker room. Sitting on chairs are Davey Richards & Rocky Romero. Sweeney starts to talk to them.

Larry_Sweeney.jpg

Sweeney –
Hey there, guys. Great match earlier tonight Rocky, I have to congratulate both of you two right now. But let me make an offer to you.

Rocky_Romero7.jpg

Romero –
What is it, man?

Sweeney –
Let me offer you a primary spot in the biggest and best wrestling conglomerate around today. I personally am asking both of you to join me in Sweet & Sour Incorporated. So, what do you say?

Davey_Richards15.jpg

Richards –
What’s so special about you, Sweeney? The No Remorse Corps have been kicking ass, like you just saw, when Rocky got us a title shot. We don’t really need a male cheerleader to stand in our corner every match.

Sweeney –
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on a second there Davey. Did I ever say that I’d be there just to cheer you on? Here, take my card?

Sweeney hands his card to Romero & Richards. The two look it over as Sweeney speaks to them.

Sweeney –
Sweet & Sour Incorporated is about making money. You saw last week that I had to let go of Scott Lost, Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky. That was because they’re not winning. They never delivered in the ring. I’m coming to you two because both of you are proven winners, perfect examples of the model of Sweet & Sour Inc. And if you two come join me, we can put our money making and wrestling skills together. In a couple of months, you probably won’t even have to wrestle anymore because you’ll be so filthy rich. So, give me an answer right now. I see that fire in your eyes, you know that you want to have your name on a business card, you just do.

Romero –
It sounds like a great offer man, but what about Roderick Strong? I know he’ll be out of action for a couple of weeks, but if one of us goes, we all have to go.

Sweeney –
I don’t have a problem at all if you add Roddy Strong to the SNS payroll. The main thing I want you to do is WIN, that way, more money will be going in my-I mean your pockets.

Richards –
We’ll have to think about it Sweeney.

Sweeney –
Fine, I respect that. But next week, I’ll have contracts ready for you to sign with me and join a future empire. And there ain’t no doubt about that, boys.

Buffer – The following contest is a main event handicap match! It is scheduled for one fall, under a 60 minute time limit!

“The Final Countdown” begins to play, as the venue goes dark. As the drums kick in, Bryan Danielson steps through the curtain, followed by the other Apex members. He walks to the ring, with a serious look on his face.

Buffer – From Aberdeen, Washington, accompanied by the Apex, “The American Dragon,” Bryan Danielson!

“Miseria Cantare” plays eerily through the crowd for a couple of seconds. The lights dim, and CM Punk walks through the curtain. He receives cheers from the crowd, holding up his X.

Buffer – Their opponents, first, from Chicago, Illinois, CM Punk!

“Mama Said Knock You Out” booms through the arena. As the fans clap along to the song, Samoa Joe walks through the curtain, letting out a yell. He has the PRIDE Championship belt around his waist, as he walks to the ring.

Buffer – His tag team partner, from Huntington Beach, California, he is the reigning PRIDE Champion, Samoa Joe!

Dragon-PunkvsJoe.jpg

Main Event
Handicap Match
CM Punk & Bryan Danielson vs Samoa Joe

*Bell Rings*

CM Punk and Bryan Danielson can’t decide who should start off the match. CM Punk doesn’t look impressed by Danielson, and he challenges him to go out and try to beat Joe. Danielson walks to the middle of the ring, where Samoa Joe is waiting for him. The two get entangled in a lockup. Joe grabs on a quick headlock. Danielson reverses it into a top wristlock. Joe gets out of it, and he puts Bryan in a waistlock. Danielson elbows Joe in the head to get out of it. American Dragon breaks Joe’s hold. He comes off of the ropes. Joe takes the running Danielson down with an arm drag. Joe holds Bryan’s arm, keeping it in an arm bar. Danielson is on the mat, trapped from making any other type of move. Danielson is back on a knee, and he tries to counter. Danielson is able to deliver a stiff kick to Joe’s midsection, breaking the hold. Joe is in pain, enabling Danielson the opportunity to come off of the ropes. Dragon collides into Joe, going for a shoulder block. Joe doesn’t even budge, and Danielson tries again. Bryan literally ran into a brick wall, and he looks a little shaken up.

Bryan Danielson looks a little sore after failing to bring the Pro Wrestling PRIDE Champion off of his feet. Joe points for Danielson to tag CM Punk. Punk has his hand extended. Danielson does so, and challenges the Straight Edge Wrestler to take the big man down. Punk comes into the ring. He and Joe circle each other in the ring. Joe is aggressive, going to Punk to deliver some forearms. Punker just absorbs them, and retaliates with his own forearms. Joe looks a little shaken up. Punk grabs the PRIDE Champ and brings knee lifts to his head. Punk delivers a strike to Joe’s back as well. Punk comes off of the ropes. Samoa Joe stops Punk with a set of rapid palm strikes to the face. He now grabs Punk in for a suplex. Punk battles out of the attempt. He comes back at Joe with a backfist and a forearm. Punk follows up with a high roundhouse kick to the side of Joe’s head. This stuns Joe, and he’s standing on weak legs. Punk comes off of the ropes, and takes Joe down for the first time with a big clothesline! Punk stands up, and stares at his tag team partner Bryan Danielson, with a sly smile on his face.

Punk now locks in a front facelock to stop Joe from getting up easily. Joe remains on the mat, his head trapped in CM Punk’s hold. He starts to get up slowly, but Punk won’t release the facelock. Joe delivers a punch to Punk’s midsection. He delivers another, and Punk has to let go of his submission. Joe is free, and chops his rival in the chest. Punk returns the favor with a forearm, but that doesn’t faze Joe. Joe grabs Punk by the arm and whips him to a corner. Punk goes up and over the rope to avoid getting hit by the running Joe. CM stops Joe with a forearm to the face. Punk goes back into the ring, flipping Joe to the mat with a neckbreaker. Punk makes the tag to Bryan Danielson, who was dying for a tag. American Dragon turns to Punk, who tells him to top what he’s about to do. Joe is on all fours, and Danielson dropkicks his midsection. Joe is rolled over to his back now, leaving him open. Danielson motions to the fans, mocking CM Punk with a Straight Edge X. Danielson now locks in the Anaconda Vice on Samoa Joe. Dragon is being cheered on by Ric Flair, who’s taunting Samoa Joe from ringside.

CM Punk comes into the ring, and kicks his own tag team partner. Danielson releases his submission hold and confronts CM Punk. Punk and Danielson are arguing with each other, totally forgetting about Samoa Joe. Joe stands up, coming off of the ropes. He takes both of his opponents down with a double clothesline. The PRIDE Champion looks at the two and laughs. Punk stands up first, and Joe throws him into Danielson. Punker is thrown out of the ring after this. American Dragon is leaning on a rope. Samoa Joe chops him in the chest. Danielson staggers around the ring, his pale chest now imprinted with a handprint on it. Danielson is scooped up and taken down with a slam. Joe comes off of the ropes, and drops a knee on Danielson’s face. Joe is about to make a cover, but Ric Flair stands on the apron, distracting the Champ. Joe stands up, and directs his attention to the Nature Boy. Joe is about to take a swing at the legend, but Flair drops down to the floor safely. Joe turns around to go back to work on Danielson. He’s stunned by the risen Bryan Danielson, who traps him in a Small Package pin. 1…2… Joe kicks out.

Joe is the first one to stand up after that surprising pin by Danielson. Joe grabs Bryan by the head and delivers a brutal kick right to his face. Danielson is whipped off of the ropes. Joe jumps up, trying to take Bryan down with an enziguiri. Danielson stops right in front of Joe to avoid the damage. Joe hits the mat hard. Danielson walks over Joe disrespectfully on his way to tag CM Punk into the match. Punk stands on the apron, waiting for Joe to stand back up. Punk flies into the ring with a springboard, attempting a flying forearm. Joe moves out of the way nonchalantly, like nothing happened. Punk is on his stomach, lying on the mat. Joe brings Punk back up to a standing position. Joe hooks him, and releases quickly with an exploder suplex. Punk hit the mat hard, and is seated. Joe chops the seated Punk in the back, and continues with a kick to the chest. Joe jumps up, going for a knee drop. Punk rolls out of the way just in the nick of time. Punk stands up after a few seconds, and hooks Joe in a quick hammerlock. Punk twists over into a big lariat, the Pepsi Twist!

Punk makes the cover on Samoa Joe. 1…2… Joe barely kicked out. Punk looks stunned, making sure that it wasn’t a 3 count. CM waits for his opponent to stand up. Joe rises to his feet quickly. Punk comes at Joe with a couple of open handed slaps. Punk follows up with a forearm. Joe brushes it off, and returns with a forearm of his own, which leaves Punk shaken. Joe comes off of the ropes. He’s taken off of his feet by a jumping leg lariat from CM Punk. Punk lets out a yell, looking ready to finish Joe off. The PRIDE Champion is on his knees. CM Punk comes off of the ropes. Punk delivers a perfect Shining Wizard onto Samoa Joe! Punk makes the cover. 1…2… Bryan Danielson breaks the cover up on his own partner! CM Punk looks infuriated by this, and he’s about to strike American Dragon. Danielson backs up into a corner. He goes out of the ring and back to the apron, with CM Punk following. Punk is yelling at Danielson, but Dragon just slaps Punk in the chest calmly. This action signifies a tag. CM Punk can’t believe he fell into Danielson’s trap. Dragon tells Punk “this is how you beat this guy. I’m the best in the world, so take your notes, Punker.”

CM Punk is pulled to the floor by Ric Flair. Flair starts assaulting CM Punk, with the referee unaware of this taking place. Samoa Joe is standing, but holding his neck. Danielson brings forearms to the PRIDE Champion, which sends Joe back a couple of steps. Joe spins forward to Joe, connecting with a Roaring Elbow. Joe still is standing, and Danielson comes off of the ropes. Joe counters it with a quick turning powerslam. Joe lies on the mat, still trying to recover. After a couple of seconds, Joe stands up, with Dragon following shortly. Joe swings forward, attempting a lariat on the American Dragon. Danielson ducks under, and grabs Joe from behind. Dragon tries to go for a back suplex, but Joe is just too big to lift. So Danielson starts elbowing Joe in the neck brutally. Joe just looks angered by this, and turns around. He delivers brutal slaps to Bryan Danielson. Danielson just absorbs the punishment, letting out a yell. Dragon comes off of the ropes, and hits a vicious leaping knee to Joe. The PRIDE Champion falls to the floor with a thud after the brutal strike. CM Punk is still on the outside, being beaten down by Ric Flair. In the ring, Danielson motions to the crowd by flipping them off. He locks in the Cattle Mutilation! With no partner to save him, Samoa Joe taps out after a couple of seconds in the hold.

*Bell Rings*

Buffer – Here are your winners, the team of Bryan Danielson & CM Punk!

Masters – Great win. See, Danielson didn’t even need Punk to get the win there.
Simon – That was because Punk did all of the work to weaken Samoa Joe. Danielson just picked up all the scraps.
Masters – What’s wrong with that?

Malenko – That could be a hinting of Danielson’s strategy for the Breakout match.
Simon – And look at ringside, CM Punk is still being beat down by Ric Flair. That just goes to show that the Apex doesn’t care about anyone else but themselves.
Masters – That’s how you do it in wrestling. And look in the ring, what a beautiful image.

Bryan Danielson is standing on the middle turnbuckle, posing with an assured look on his face. His music is playing, as he badmouths Samoa Joe and CM Punk. Punk is saved by Ace Steel and Colt Cabana who come to save the day. Danielson has Samoa Joe’s PRIDE Championship belt now, and holds it over his head, saying that he will become champion very soon.

A highlight video package plays along to “The Taste of Ink” by the Used. After that, the credits roll, ending the show.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I am going to do a full show breakdown of my thoughts on each one, as doing a Best Match/Worst Match review would probably show a lack of effort on my part, which your show deserves more than that.

Brent Albright Vs. MVP

Very interesting match here, mostly seemed like an Albright domination with a small attempt at least trying to keep MVP having a good face and a hard opponent to keep down. This was a pretty good opener, but if this is just the opener and the crowd are already on their feet in excitement, I think realistically this show is in for some serious burn out. If this was a real show anyway.

Jack Evans Promo:

Did what it was meant to do. Highlighted some history, which is GREAT for readers not familiar with current storylines, so you actually know a little bit about whats going on. Other than that, hyped up his match at breakout, and thats all he really needed to do.

Melee Match:
Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Elijah Burke Vs. Rocky Romero Vs. JTG

I am a bit confused, as I have no clue what a Melee match is, and have even less clue as to why a fatal 4-way is being showcased to decide the tag team title shots. Sooo, kinda lost. Lol. I guess we find out its kinda like an Iron man match from the format that we are seeing. Lots of action in this match, with the beginning being kind of lackluster, as I was turned off by all the big moves being immediately done. Other than that, obviously a full length 25 minutes. With Rocky Romero getting the win for him and Davey Richards for tag team title shots. Still a damn weird way to decide tag team matches through singles matches.

Kevin Steen & El Generico Promo

They pretty much do a generic tag team run down promo, saying how they are the best. Elijah Burke and Shelton Benjamen come in, and have an exchange with Kevin Steen. We end up having a tag match set up for Break Out. Nothing really exciting here. At least the entire show isn't like “OMG look at all the epic things happening!” lol.

Embassy Promo

By the way, I mark for having Embassy in Pride. Either way, they talk about how Homicide screwed them, I actually like how these backstage promos help new readers catch up on existing storylines. I really appreciate that, this being my first Pride show tuning in. Homicide comes in and attacks, and does his own promo. Ricky Steamboat books them for a steel cage match. Now I may not know a lot about how we do things in Pride, but isn't a steel cage a bit much? Or are these two guys really worth the investment?

Age Of The Fall Promo

Once again, mark for Age Of The Fall. But....Harry Smith? For some odd reason....I REALLY don't see him as a goth/punk/emo type guy.....lol. They do what they do in their promos, and Ricky Steamboat comes out and bans everyone from ringside. Man, Steamboat is a preeetty busy guy. Lol. Other than that, the match itself seems pretty back and forth, at least the parts I am able to pay attention too. Getting a little too long for my attention span to be reasonable, but I am trying to stick through it. Also, I am sure you know that Tyler Blacks Small Package Driver is also known as God's Last Gift. But thats just nitpicking. Other than that, very intense match up. Tyler Black kicking out of the Cradle Shock really makes you think whether or not MCMG even CAN defeat Age Of The Fall. As the announcers tease that Tyler Black may end up leaving AOTF someday. Probably not soon, but I see the subtle hint in this possibility of Jimmy Jacobs Vs. Tyler Black in the future.

Ric Flair/Danielson Promo

Ric Flair was spot on in his portrayal, and it put over the match tonight that is happening nicely. Nothing much else I can say about it.

Melee Match:
Chris Hero Vs. Hernandez Vs. Lance Hoyt Vs. Colt Cabana

A SECOND Melee match? Really? Man you're really pushing your luck here man. Lol.
I will be honest, I only just barely paid attention to this match. At this point I may need to call it quits if I see a THIRD Melee match planned. I mean honestly what is this show, 4 hours? Colt Cabana and Chris Hero tie and go to sudden death, where Cabana and Ace Steel earn tag title shots. Still not sure why these matches are being assigned by fatal 4-ways instead of you know, actual tag matches.

Larry Sweeney & No Remorse Corps Promo

Larry was perfectly in character, and Davey and Rocky were both in character, or lack thereof. Lol. An interesting proposal is made, once again, I appreciate how these promos cover background of past storylines, it really helps trying to get used to this show.

Main Event:
Handicap
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk Vs. Samoa Joe

Finally, the Main Event! And not a moment too soon, I may of lost my entire train of thought there if I kept on going. Surprisingly, this match wasnt about 7 pages of text like I was expecting, lol. Its actually looking like it was the shortest match of the night. Danielson building heat by not being able to take on Joe, CM Punk showing that he knows how to handle him, but Danielson taking advantage and picking up a win with Ric Flair beating down CM Punk. Kinda funny how it took Cabana and Steel the whole last paragraph of action to come down and save their partner from Flair. Sad really. But it effectively builds heat for Danielson, Punk and Joe all at once, so it was a nice piece of booking all the same.

Overall, for my first Pride show it was pretty good. I didn't really enjoy the Melee matches, as I just cant get my head outside the box for this one. Which I know is what I am supposed to be doing in order to accept it. The Promos were all sensational in getting me used to the product. But the multiple colors, I gotta agree with Sex Power with my BTB, its too much, especially how bright the commentators colors are, its really annoying. Other than that, obviously great quality action, seems like Pride mostly consists of everyone being in tag teams. So it has its own interesting dynamic in that sense. I will most likely be checking back for more shows, but from what I've seen here for a regular show, I really don't want to even mess with your pay per views. Lol.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

MVP vs. Albright-Nice way to open the show. Great back and forth action with a good finishing sequence.

Jack Evans Promo-Seems almost like he doesn't know whether to be a white gangster or a serious performer. Still can't find much fault with this promo since it gives a brief history and hypes the upcoming match at breakout.

Melee Match #1-Interesting concept and a pretty good match. Normally a match like this would dissolve into a, well, melee but you did a good job of having two people fighting while the other two are outside the ring selling. Plus we learned from masters that kicks hurt. Bad.

Steenerico and Burkamin promo-Steen was great as usual. Depending on where in the arena they were it seems implausible for Burke and Benjamin to meet up with Steenerico especially since Burke was just in the ring two minutes earlier and doesn't seem out of breath. Anyway this was a decent way to set up a tag match at breakout, possibly with the winners receiving a title shot.

Embassy and Homicide-Good way to hype the feud and also get new readers caught up on what's happening. A steel cage match pretty much guarantees this will be the first match of the night at breakout.

AOTF Promo-Jacobs = awesome. Black = awesome. Smith = eh, kinda just there, didn't really add anything important.

Chris Sabin vs. Tyler Black-Yippee. This match was very good, lots of action and of course we get Tyler Black kicking out of a finisher.

Apex Promo-Nice strategy by the expert.

Melee Match #2-This one had less falls than the first match which gives us a nice change of pace from the usual wrestler A goes up a huge amount and the others play catchup. Very good match.

Larry Sweeney Promo-Larry is spectacular as usual. One of the things I like about this show is that it's easy for new readers to jump in and know what's going on.

Handicap Match-Good work playing up the fact that Danielson is new to the company and Punk is more experienced in taking on Joe. Really didn't seem like a handicap match. Instead seemed more like a triple threat match, especially at the end. I would have expected Joe to pick up the surprise victory but still this works to give the illusion that he's a threat to the title.

Overall-I think we've all come to expect excellent booking decisions from you and you delivered. Every feud looks intense and the title matches actually have me guessing as to who's gonna win. Yippee.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
PRIDE Show 17 Review

MVP vs. Albright- Wow, jumpin right into the show. Some really good heel wrestling from MVP. The ending really shocked me. I was expecting MVP to win. The after match attack was a nice touch to keep the feud going. This was a good way to open the show.

Evans promo- Completly in character, which is something that I can't do with Evans at all. Nice to see him get a push.

Melee Match 1- This is a really cool match concept. That was really cool how Claudio got his two pins. This was a really exciting match. The ending of the match was good. The whole match was awesome. I'd like to see more of these.

Steen/Generico/Burke/Benjamin- The promo was in character the whole way through. The match should be pretty good.

Nana/Rave/Homicide promo- The attack by 'Cide and Hernandez was unneeded, in my opinion. I think it kinda made Rave look weak.

AOTF promo- It was good up until Jimmy introduced the Guns like he was the host of a talk show. lol

Sabin vs. Black- This was a lot better than the match these two had in POI. It's always good to see Black pick up a win.

APEX promo- It seemed kind of odd that Danielson didn't bring up that he and Joe have a history. Other than that this was fine.

Melee Match 2- I lol'd at Cabana speaking spanglish. This one wasn't as fast paced as the first match, but it was still good. I liked the sudden death. The ending of the match itself was kind of a let down.

Sweeney/Rocky/Davey promo- Hmm... Sweeney's choices seem pretty good. I still say Sweeney needs a talk show.

Main Event- Really good match, but the ending was extremely predictable.

AC- This was a really good show. There wasn't much focus on the main event scene in this one, but it's good to showcase the midcard every once and awhile.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Montel versus Brent: Jumping right into the action with a big match? Two guys, I am now, very familiar with. The action flowed pretty well, for it being a glorified squash. I don't know why you'd have Porter job to Albright. I see Porter as a huge asset to the roster, and making him look bad isn't that good of a choice imo, even if its to mega push Albright. Ken Dystra coming out was unexpected, but lets see where you take this.

Jack Evans: Seemed in character, and I understood what was going on for not knowing a thing about him.

Melee Mayhem Match?: Well I'm going to go ahead, and use this later in GWF. Awesome concept, but I'm with TQO, the tag team thing being showcased in singles competition is interesting, and isn't to crazy. But, why would the tag champ be fighting for a chance at his tag team championships? The action was good, and all over the place here, so it passed as an above average match.

SteenErico & Brukamin: Elijah didn't sound right, he'd usually use a better vocabulary, then resorting to words such as dummies, and what not. He'd try to sound better than Steen. Generico makes me chuckle in all of his lines. Isn't he Cannadian? Why would he speak Spanish? lol.

Prince Nana & Rave: Rave is pretty cool, and this teaming of the two is interesting. The attack was kind of unneeded like Comic said, but you could have just had him reply to him in his own interview. Well, 'Cide looks more ruthless after the attack. I lol everytime Steamboat comes out randomly, and makes the match. You can just have the commentators announce it through the show. Either way, I disagree with the choice of making the match a Steel Cage, but without a doubt it'll be good. I just don't think a midcard feud such as this deserves a Cage, yet.

AOTF: I'm falling for this stable. I've seen their ring work, which is phemomenal, but I have to see more promo's. These guys are real awesome, and honestly, the fued of the year would be APEX vs. AOTF imo. lol, at Steamboat again.

Sabin vs. Black: Good match, and really made both men look awesome in the ring. Suprised you gave the clean victory to Black. The eyeliner comment made after the match was funny. Anyways, I noticed that you transition into segments pretty well. The mind games comment made following the match which transitioned into the next promo was good. I myself have to work on that.

APEX: Before I begin, let me just say once more, AOTF v. APEX ftw! This promo was awesome. Showed how influential Naitch' is on Danielson, and the clubbing ending was pure gold. Wooo!

Melee Mayhem Match II: imo this one looks better on paper, with big names such as Cabanna, and Hernandez, not to mention Hero, and Hoyt. The action starts off alright, with Hero using some sneaky maneuver such as tagging himself in, and what not. Played everyone's role well, as in the end you had an interesting Sudden Death with the obvious face of the match, and heel of the match. Cabanna and Steel winning the tag shots are whatever. I don't like the team too much, as opposed to having Hero, and his partner C.C. keeping their tag titles or whatever they do. I wonder what's the deal now, a triple threat tag team match for the titles?

Larry Sweeney & No Remorse Corps: As said above, you recapped the current events well, and to any new reader, he'd now understand the situation with SNS, and Rod Strong being injured. I think NMC would be an awesome addition to the SNS. Sweeney is a trip, and hilarious, he has a lot of character. I have to look into him more.

Main Event: Overall, you played Joe well, and made him come off powerful, and very dominant. He lasted long for it being him against two people. The ending, Ray Charles would have seen coming, but overall the match was good, and Danielson, even though he shared the win with Punk, took all the glory.

Aftermath: Great show, and show cased what I love the most about PRIDE. The fact that each time I read, it gets me into more, and more superstars. Expanding my horizons, and my taste in wrestling. Cant wait for Breakout, and the next show. Go drop some predictions if you want.