Prison Break: Season 5

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Fox bosses Dana Walden and Gary Newman finally (and officially) confirmed they’re developing a Prison Break event series that will feature both Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller — despite the latter’s ultimate fate on the original show.

“I would describe it as a bit of a sequel, it picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show,” Fox Chairman and CEO Walden told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour. “The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. It definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series and for a new audience… It’ll start after where we left the Scofields in the final season.”

Now the big question remains what that means for Michael Scofield (Miller), who died in the direct-to-video follow-up The Final Break. Though fellow Fox Chairman and CEO Newman initially said writer and original series creator Paul Scheuring would ignore the events ofThe Final Break, Walden backtracked. “I don’t think he’s going to completely ignore what happened in that episode, but what he pitched to us was a very logical and believable explanation in the world of Prison Break for why are character’s alive and still moving around the world.”

“Paul was not a part of the final seasons of Prison Break,” Walden later added. “He had some other ideas about where these characters were headed, but it will connect to that episode. He’s not going to disregard it. You will get a satisfying answer to why these characters are still alive.”

Walden also added that both Fox and Scheuring are very cognizant of the strong fan reaction when the show brought Sarah Wayne Callies back to life after featuring her decapitated head in a box. “For Paul, this is an opportunity to tell a story about these characters that he created,” Walden said. “I would say to those fans that this is the pure vision of the creator of the show and it’s going to take a detour a little bit from where we left off, but it should feel very satisfying and eventized. I think that fans will be excited about seeing these characters back together again. I’m very excited about T-Bag [Robert Knepper].”

Whether the event series would actual feature a prison break, however, remains to be seen. Walden was hesitant to offer up actual spoilers, but noted, “It’s just the title,” she said.

The Prison Break event series is only in development stages, but Newman and Walden had every faith it would go straight to series once Scheuring finished mapping out the 10-episode arcs. For their part, Miller and Purcell are currently teamed up once again on The Flash and its spin-off DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which debuts midseason on The CW.

Source

A sequel? :yay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Prison Break Revival: Augustus Prew, Rick Yune Join Cast

Fox’s nine-episode Prison Break revival has added Augustus Prew (The Borgias) and Rick Yune (Marco Polo) in major recurring roles, TVLine has learned.

Prew will play a character named Whip, who is described as funny, crazy (read: lethal) and pretty damn sharp. Yune, meanwhile, will portray Ja, a Korean identity thief whose disheveled appearance belies his genius.

Series stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows in the event series, which was greenlit in January. The cast also includes Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein, who’s playing the formidable husband of Sarah Wayne Callies’ Dr. Sara Tancredi. (Callies is in talks to return as Sara, but there’s no deal currently in place.)

“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden recently shared. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”

Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed.

The Fox drama’s original producing team, including series creator Paul T. Scheuring, Neal Moritz, Marty Adelstein and Dawn Olmstead, will executive-produce the new series, with Scheuring serving as showrunner.

:yay:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Anybody watched the first episode of the new season? It was really great.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Anybody watched the first episode of the new season? It was really great.
Not much, but it sets up the story. Michael is a fucking terrorist now. Oh what the fuck, man. This story has "broken experiment" written all over it. He goes from the guy who had been terminally ill, that was operated on, to having coma that he doesn't even recognize his own flesh and blood brother. Something tells me the benefactors today is the same benefactors that cliffhanged from the previous season.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
The season/series finale was great, I enjoyed it.
finished already? the older seasons had a lot more episodes. Guess I'll watch it once I'm done rewatching the other seasons

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
finished already? the older seasons had a lot more episodes. Guess I'll watch it once I'm done rewatching the other seasons

Yeah, dude. Season 5 had only 9 episodes, but it was great.