Primo: Are his days numbered?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

So, the Colons have split (prematurely IMO - Do we really need another Brother v Brother storyline so soon?) and pressumably WWE have seen an improvement in attitude from Carlito and have decided it's time for him to be pushed again as a singles star, but where does this leave Primo...

OK, he can play the babyface role for the brother v brother storyline, but I'll be shocked if they don't have Carlito go over in this fued. If this transpires to be the case, I don't see a role of any real significance left for him in today's WWE and expect him to float about as a mid-card jobber before eventually being released. I for one would see this as a damn shame as I find him an absolute joy to watch in the ring...

Whadya'll see for the future of Primo?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
:smh @ the timing of the split. The should have held it off, especially after you JUST trade Matt to SmackDown, where we KNOW he's going to finish off his feud with Jeff...

...but Primo, IDK. Maybe throw him in some Island Faction :shifty:

Evil Austin

Primo is on the same level as Kofi for me, both can give a decent match and hit some cool moves but neither are going any higher then the IC / US title unless they work on promos... and if they don't do that within six months then they are out of the WWE or are officially jobbers on ECW.

Anyway.... why break the up, jeez.... Edge and Jericho are broken up cause of Edge's injury, there is roomers going around and speculation that Ted is going face and will leave Priceless..... that only leaves 2 Tag Teams left in the WWE! Crime Time & Hart's.... they can't have a division if they keep splitting them up.... bring up some guys from fcw or whatever or at least make some teams.

xtremebadass

If anyone's days are numbered they're Carlito's. Before the Colons formed Carlito wasn't even on TV. Primo will go farther than Carlito, and that's a fact.

DENNIN

Reaction score
With this break up I don't see any of them lasting too much longer. Primo I doubt can carry himself as a singles guy. And WWE hasn't been impressed with Carlito at all as of late. It's really gonna be interesting to see who gets fired first.

Qwake

While I don't think Primo will do much as a singles competitor, I do think he will stick around for the time being. I think he's quite good in ring and if they gave him a Carlito type character he could cut some decent promos (most likely backstage stuff). We wouldn't see him on PPVs or anything but he could be alright on RAW or ECW, could have some good matches on Superstars too maybe.

As for Carlito, maybe his recent tag team run has proved to the WWE the he is over with the crowd and pretty much has been since Day 1. It would be awesome for him to back to his heel days, maybe even talk to Cena about their history and restart a feud, Miz had a minor feud with him, Carlito would be even better for the job although we all know thats not happening. Still though, Carlito is good in-ring and good on the mic, he better get a decent push.

seX-Power

He could have at least turned heel with Carlito and become his lackey. >_> But I see him as a mid carder for a while before eventually jobbing. Puerto Rican Nightmares please.

Beer Money Army

If anyone's days are numbered they're Carlito's. Before the Colons formed Carlito wasn't even on TV. Primo will go farther than Carlito, and that's a fact.

i agree with that. I enjoy watching Primo Colon whenever he is on tv

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say they are split, because that hasn't been confirmed. Sure Carlito attacked Primo, but having 2 brothers myself, I know that there are times when our anger would boil over and we fought only to feel like it didn't happen 5 minutes later.

Just throwing it out there for everyone to think about. I guess part of me just wants WWE to be a little less predictable (like with the Punk storyline).

The Rated R CMStar

Hell, they could even forget it and go nowhere with the angle, like they did with Kendrick and London

Wrestling Station

I would have loved to see the Colons stay for as long as Kendrick&London had for more than 3 years or so as a tag team.

The tag team division lacks "teams" and the Colons were doing great together. Its sad to see WWE are again SHITTING on the tag team division :smh

I think Carlito might be released as I remember his comments before when he was dissing the WWE for not giving him a push like couple of years ago.

Evil Austin

I would much prefer Carlito and Primo to stay together and help out the division seeing as we only have like two more tag teams. But if they are done, I would prefer a push for Carlito as I have already gotten a feel of him in the main event when he was in that Elimination Chamber match.

Airfixx

Hell, they could even forget it and go nowhere with the angle, like they did with Kendrick and London

LOL... Yeah, they lasted, what a week or two, after that clashed.

Those saying Carlito is likely to get a release due to all the pre-tag run heat he had, is it not blatantly obvious that he's raised his game since then?

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, but we all know Carlito dreams with being WWE Champion or a push amongst those lines, and we also know WWE is not going to push him to that level, especially not on Raw, so it's a matter of time before he starts whining and complaining again, especially now that he isnt paired with his brother, the only reason he stopped the bitching.